Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I am not really sure where i stand on this issue. That said, if I was SM, I would be concerned about this scenario:

Guy orders the Cloud and uses it for a while and all is great. He then decides to get his buddy to blow a custom tube for it. The glass blower creates the cool glass, guy sticks it on his Cloud and it leaks, ruining the heater. Now, the guy submits a ticket for a replacement. SM replaces the unit for free because he isn't told it was 3rd party, non-approved tube that destroyed a $400 vaporizer.

I can see why you would want some control over this. I also think that SM's post came off as uncharacteristically cold and corporate.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
WatTyler said:
... The Cloud Vaporizer is the exciting innovation here, and good luck with it. That is where the six figure research budget went and I can support that patent ...

While i basically agree with WatTyler's post, i'm not so sure the Cloud itself is patentable ... nothing unique about using PWM to control a heater -- pretty obvious and actually trivial to implement: three chips and a thermocouple.

Now, a design patent for the configuration (and style) of Cloud and HT i can see being granted.

And IP lawyers love to load up the claims whether they are justified or not, and let the courts throw out the over reaching claims -- that's just standard operating procedure, they have nothing to lose and fees to gain.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: zmurder

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
"$400 vaporizer? The sgw ht is only worth $49 out of the $449??"

Hey man, I didn't mean it that way. I just meant that this is an expensive unit. I was thinking about how great it is that MFLB will give a replacement for any reason at all. BUT, the MFLB is $100 vaporizer and probably costs $10 to produce (PLEASE, I don't know the cost, I'm just trying o make a comparison).

People are paying good money for the Cloud, so I would assume it costs the VXC guys more than $100 (or $10, hehe) to replace a unit. Again, I don't know what the actual costs are, I am just saying that if I was going to warranty an expensive product, like the Cloud, I might want to know that the tube that leaked was approved for use with the Cloud.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I can't help but think that these patent conversations, both here and in the fritted disk thread, are pointless clutter.

Most of us know nothing of the requirements or the application process. Our opinions make no difference to the outcome. And in this case, I don't really see that anyone is going to be practically harmed.

I would like to see a thread for patent discussion, if that's what people want to talk about.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I am not really sure where i stand on this issue. That said, if I was SM, I would be concerned about this scenario:

Guy orders the Cloud and uses it for a while and all is great. He then decides to get his buddy to blow a custom tube for it. The glass blower creates the cool glass, guy sticks it on his Cloud and it leaks, ruining the heater. Now, the guy submits a ticket for a replacement. SM replaces the unit for free because he isn't told it was 3rd party, non-approved tube that destroyed a $400 vaporizer.

I can see why you would want some control over this. I also think that SM's post came off as uncharacteristically cold and corporate.
Gotsta agree with ya on that!! Nice post there Tstat!

Bluntcrush,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i have some patent experience - okay, one. but i wrote it, and left the lawyer to write the claims, thinking (incorrectly as it turned out) that the lawyer should know how to write claims. After two rejections i finally read the claims myself, realized the fucker couldn't write a coherent english sentence and rewrote the claims, too --- patent granted. And i had to pay the illiterate lawyer while i did his job, too.

Hippie Dickie,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think it would be cool if VXH did an optional overnight replacement for warranty clams. I would pay and extra $50 once withing the first 30 days to have shipped back overnight if I ever had to have it sent in for repair. I would pay for overnight shipping to get it to them. I like mine so much I would want to minimize the amount of time I am away from it.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Want to thank T-dub for the Skype Cloud sesh demo today!! Thanks! :D so far I can't find any reason NOT to have one... even at the price (which for me is a stretch) but think it's on par with the quality, and if it lasts a long time then I will be a happy vaporist!

arf777

No longer dogless
I can't help but think that these patent conversations, both here and in the fritted disk thread, are pointless clutter.

Most of us know nothing of the requirements or the application process. Our opinions make no difference to the outcome. And in this case, I don't really see that anyone is going to be practically harmed.

I would like to see a thread for patent discussion, if that's what people want to talk about.

I second the idea of a patent discussion thread. There are some of us here who have worked with patents, either as inventors, legal professionals or both. And with the final parts of the new U.S. Patent system kicking in in September - at which point the U.S. will become a first-to-file system - there is potential for a lot more discussion.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Want to thank T-dub for the Skype Cloud sesh demo today!! Thanks! :D so far I can't find any reason NOT to have one... even at the price (which for me is a stretch) but think it's on par with the quality, and if it lasts a long time then I will be a happy vaporist!
Awwwww . . . shucks . . . its a lot of $$$, just trying to help :)

t-dub,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I second the idea of a patent discussion thread. There are some of us here who have worked with patents, either as inventors, legal professionals or both. And with the final parts of the new U.S. Patent system kicking in in September - at which point the U.S. will become a first-to-file system - there is potential for a lot more discussion.

I agree with that. I enjoy talking about it... simply because it is interesting. Although I do worry that it could turn in to the "I HATE PATENTS" thread. As long we we can keep it on topic with out too much need for moderation... I think it would be a great topic of discussion.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I agree with that. I enjoy talking about it... simply because it is interesting. Although I do worry that it could turn in to the "I HATE PATENTS" thread. As long we we can keep it on topic with out too much need for moderation... I think it would be a great topic of discussion.

I like all of this! A place for patent discussion that does not require moderation? Heaven!

Make it so, SliM!

stickstones,
Reactions: Lo

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have a couple of complaints about the Cloud.

First, since using the Cloud exclusively, I can no longer blame my over-consumption on a vaporizer. Sure I can pack that ELB full and run through two of them in no time. But you know what I just did all day yesterday and today? Backed it down to 1/3 full and stopped after one ELB. Result? Blazed. So fuck you xvh crew for pointing the finger back at me.

Second, the Cloud has turned me into a vapor sloth. I used to work the subtle nuances of my vaporizers. VG...down to a science. SSV...monster rips like butter. PD...hammered with so little. I could go on and on about technique, etc. But then I started using nothing but the Cloud. Let's see...I pack a bowl, put the Cloud on my Ion and suck. Result? Vapor bliss. I have a VG coil that I can't hit and have only tried twice. I have a HI that hits awesome, but I'm having trouble with it with my Ion and only tried it once. I have four or five vapes that I can hook up to my Ion to compare to the Cloud. In fact, I bought the Ion specifically to do that testing. But instead, the sloth slowly walks over to his Ion and day after day puts his Cloud on it for some more vapor bliss. So fuck you, vhc crew, for making vapor so good I am too lazy to try anything else.

Vapor-Sloth-Dom achieved ;) This is my favorite post on FC. It says it all.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks, tdub...and congrats! A Cloud induced vapor Nirvana is a great place to be! I assume your bliss is coming via one of those sweet glass pieces listed in your sig?

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
thanks, tdub...and congrats! A Cloud induced vapor Nirvana is a great place to be! I assume your bliss is coming via one of those sweet glass pieces listed in your sig?
I just can't impress on this community how "satisfied" I am with the Cloud, and how SURPRISED I was with the performance of the "little" HydtaTube. Excellent taste, diffusion, I am actually appreciating VXL's design of the HT to concentrate the vapor. :)

Pappy

shmaporist
Glass gets me high.
:myday:
7585912214_2b8447673f_c.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The realization of how much the cloud is probably going to be my main vape here at my desk is creeping in. I have had to take a good long look at my current vaping surplus and in anticipation of getting the cloud soon, have started selectively posting some things I rarely use over in the classifieds to make some room. It's been an interesting journey so far, stumbling into vaping a few months ago has really been a life change. I look forward to being on a cloud with the rest of you sloths soon...

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Sloths... what a good way to put it. The cloud has made my reviewing job a little harder... I will admit. I know it resonates so strongly with me because it fits so well in to what I am used to experiencing from 9 years of smoking .25-.5 gram snaps from a water pipe.

t-dub mentioned that his friends got the Sweats when he used the cloud... I was like huh weird I have never heard of that. Now I noticed that I sweat every time I hit the cloud. I realized I had gotten so used to getting the sweats from a massive hits that I just considered it "normal" I did not even notice anymore. Now that I have noticed it more, it is really satisfying that the cloud can do that.

I am having so much fun trying all these different vaporizers... really it plays in to my OCD so well. I just love testing things and figuring out how they work, what makes them work well, what does not work, what can be improved, oh I could go on and on and on. :science: Such a Nerd sometimes...

Edit: Pappy... I used to have a glass obsession. I still have allot of old glass pieces that have built in bowls that I can't use anymore... they are combustion only:

7587964284_0302e0120c.jpg

7587968762_8b3c7f1eb8.jpg

7587965964_3546628f37.jpg

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: t-dub
Top Bottom