Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

waxdab23

Hey guys, future evo owner here. After getting a vapcap to test vaping again years after losing my mflb it convinced me to make a fill return to vaping exlusively. Ordered my cloud evo on 12/28! I'm super excited to truely see what vaporization at it's finest is like.

Reading this thread is torture though! All you lucky owners and I just recieved news of a third fed ex delay :( Was supposed to be here new years eve, then it was late for that and it sat for 2 days during fed ex holiday (which I do not mind, everyo e deserves days off!) But now it's saying not until tommorrow and I was expecting today. The wait is so brutal! In the words of ataxian,

SLOW FEDEX = UNCIVILIZED!

I think this calls for a post to the holidaze in the Fuck You thread.

djurodjakovic

i start at 9 always and there I get 2 inhales of great taste. after that I slowly start to dial it up until usualy 12.
very rarely I go over to max 15h. never combusted.
You should go higher than 9:30 because some "ingredients" are released at higher temps than at 9h, I think.
someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

djurodjakovic,
Reactions: ataxian

Stormsend

I just made rosin for the first time. I made a small amount and could only get two massive hits, but it really affected me. I feel like I ate an edible. I am having a hard time cleaning the nail, it looks like the stain on it is permanent

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I just made rosin for the first time. I made a small amount and could only get two massive hits, but it really affected me. I feel like I ate an edible. I am having a hard time cleaning the nail, it looks like the stain on it is permanent

Glad you had fun....

Many ways to clean a nail....

If all else fails, (evo full temp/iso/pbw) then torching the shit out of it seems to do the job for me. Like new....

Edit:- cleaning nails straight after big hits can lead to broken nails....

Last edited:

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
i start at 9 always and there I get 2 inhales of great taste. after that I slowly start to dial it up until usualy 12.
very rarely I go over to max 15h. never combusted.
You should go higher than 9:30 because some "ingredients" are released at higher temps than at 9h, I think.
someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
thc vaporizes at 301 f cbd at 320. I use 325. you just have to take more hits for a complete extraction.

jackstraw62,

strictly vapor

Hey guys just got my Evo and turned it on. I noticed when hitting it dry with no herb there was an electronic/ factory smell and taste. This is the same smell that is rising from the unit, which is to be expected. I was surprised to taste this in the vapor path as it is all glass but after about 20 minutes running at 3pm the taste seems all but gone.

Is there an established burn off ritual for the Evo and should I be wiping the glass bamboo before using?

strictly vapor,

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Leaving it on max for 10-20 minutes would be fine. I got mine used so didn't have this issue lol.

In terms of wiping the bamboo, wait till its cooled off and clean whenever you think flavor is diminishing. My bamboo generally doesn't get cleaned deeply (other than an iso dipped qtip for the top section) except maybe once a month or so.

strictly vapor

Thanks for the advice! Sometimes a used vape appeals to me more just because of this.

I'll be testing it out tonight or tomorrow and will be sure to leave my thoughts. Been following the Evo for years and the moment is finally here!!

So I've been running the Evo on and off all day and there is a very strong electronic taste coming from the bamboo when I do a mouth pull. It is so strong that I can't justify using it and am wondering if this is normal for new units or if I possibly received a unit with broken bamboo.

I can't understand how a glass airpath could have this strong a taste without the inside of the unit being exposed. The smell is clearly coming from inside the vape and wouldn't bother me at all if the taste was normal, but I am starting to wonder if there is a problem.

Is there a way to know if your bamboo is cracked? Upon visual inspection it looks all right to me.

If anyone can chime in id really appreciate it otherwise it looks like the Evo is going back : (

Last edited:
strictly vapor,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thanks for the advice! Sometimes a used vape appeals to me more just because of this.

I'll be testing it out tonight or tomorrow and will be sure to leave my thoughts. Been following the Evo for years and the moment is finally here!!

So I've been running the Evo on and off all day and there is a very strong electronic taste coming from the bamboo when I do a mouth pull. It is so strong that I can't justify using it and am wondering if this is normal for new units or if I possibly received a unit with broken bamboo.

I can't understand how a glass airpath could have this strong a taste without the inside of the unit being exposed. The smell is clearly coming from inside the vape and wouldn't bother me at all if the taste was normal, but I am starting to wonder if there is a problem.

Is there a way to know if your bamboo is cracked? Upon visual inspection it looks all right to me.

If anyone can chime in id really appreciate it otherwise it looks like the Evo is going back : (

When I received my EVO there was little to no bad electronic taste or smell. Smelled new but that's about it. I gave it a initial burn in for a few minutes anyway by turning it all the way up and then reducing it for a few extra minutes. My burning it in felt completely unnecessary.

I've heard of folks running into some taste issues by inverting (using it upside down) too long but nothing that would require a RMA.

If you want to test the bamboo wait for it to cool off and then put your finger over the hole at the bottom to make it airtight and then try and blow air in through the top. If it's airtight you won't be able to blow into it.

The good news is that the customer service is stellar and quick if something is wrong.

Good Luck!

strictly vapor

Thanks alot for your response! It never dawned on me to cover the hole to test for a crack.

I just did this and confirmed there is no crack in the bamboo.

The only thing that makes sense is either a defective unit or some serious factory oils in the wrong places.

I've never experienced such a strong smell/taste even from an arizer unit which I've always found to require a good burn in. Also gave me a strong headache so it's certainly not good whatever it is.

Im sure the good folks at planet vape will help me get to the bottom of this and I'll report back tomorrow with the result.

Im sure this is not the norm and ultimately I still expect to fall in love with the Evo.

FreddieFresh

Thanks alot for your response! It never dawned on me to cover the hole to test for a crack.

I just did this and confirmed there is no crack in the bamboo.

The only thing that makes sense is either a defective unit or some serious factory oils in the wrong places.

I've never experienced such a strong smell/taste even from an arizer unit which I've always found to require a good burn in. Also gave me a strong headache so it's certainly not good whatever it is.

Im sure the good folks at planet vape will help me get to the bottom of this and I'll report back tomorrow with the result.

Im sure this is not the norm and ultimately I still expect to fall in love with the Evo.

Mine also had a fairly strong smell, and even after 30 minutes, I felt like it somehow affected the taste for the first couple of sessions. I thought it was strange too, and made sure my bamboo wasn't cracked. There's still a faint smell if I get close, but its faded significantly, and tastes fine to me now. I suspect it's the smell of the insulation, but I could be wrong. I've heard many people say their neoprene sleeves smelled strongly but for me it was the EVO. It's definitely still an amazing device nonetheless. While I don't go passing it around due to fragility, it does make for a pretty foolproof experience with groups

strictly vapor

Mine also had a fairly strong smell, and even after 30 minutes, I felt like it somehow affected the taste for the first couple of sessions. I thought it was strange too, and made sure my bamboo wasn't cracked. There's still a faint smell if I get close, but its faded significantly, and tastes fine to me now. I suspect it's the smell of the insulation, but I could be wrong. I've heard many people say their neoprene sleeves smelled strongly but for me it was the EVO. It's definitely still an amazing device nonetheless. While I don't go passing it around due to fragility, it does make for a pretty foolproof experience with groups

Hey thanks for responding. For some reason the same smell that comes out of the Evo (normal) is significantly effecting the taste coming from the bamboo.

I've ran several cycles on max temp and used wetted q tips to try and clean any factory oils that may be in the bamboo.

I was able to get the taste to fade a bit but it's still quite noticeable. Just when I was ready to give it the benefit of the doubt and fill an elb I decided to place the empty elb in the chamber and take a dry mouth pull. This resulted in one of the more unpleasant tastes I've personally experienced.

The elb had been rinsed, but I figured maybe some iso would clean it further and fix the issue. I was wrong. At this point if I load an elb and pull from the vape it has the most horrible hairdryer taste I've ever experienced from a vaporizer.

Gonna be sending it back tomorrow, trying to decide whether this is a one in a million case of bad luck or if anyone else finds there to be even a slight flavor imparted by the Evo.

Everything I've ever read about the Evo says it imparts zero flavor and is one of the best tasting vapes you can buy.

Truly puzzled and discouraged but hoping this is just bad luck.

strictly vapor,
When I lived in VERSAILLES, FRANCE I traveled to many EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.

At parties they were doing bags?
They were mixing TOBACCO with CANNABIS?
I found it really strange?

Never did BAG'S and never mixed CANNABIS with TOBACCO so I learned about wine in FRANCE.

I had a friend that was a heir to CHATEAU MARGAUX so I got into WINE.

The EVO is like fine WINE.
CALIFORNIA CANNABIS is very TOP SHELF!

EVO + CANNABIS = CIVILIZED

In CHILE we smoke a few CUBAN CIGARS. (made me sick?)

Cannabis and tobacco joints, they call them spliffs. NOT CIVILIZED. gross.

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Hey thanks for responding. For some reason the same smell that comes out of the Evo (normal) is significantly effecting the taste coming from the bamboo.

I've ran several cycles on max temp and used wetted q tips to try and clean any factory oils that may be in the bamboo.

I was able to get the taste to fade a bit but it's still quite noticeable. Just when I was ready to give it the benefit of the doubt and fill an elb I decided to place the empty elb in the chamber and take a dry mouth pull. This resulted in one of the more unpleasant tastes I've personally experienced.

The elb had been rinsed, but I figured maybe some iso would clean it further and fix the issue. I was wrong. At this point if I load an elb and pull from the vape it has the most horrible hairdryer taste I've ever experienced from a vaporizer.

Gonna be sending it back tomorrow, trying to decide whether this is a one in a million case of bad luck or if anyone else finds there to be even a slight flavor imparted by the Evo.

Everything I've ever read about the Evo says it imparts zero flavor and is one of the best tasting vapes you can buy.

Just to offer some support for your experience, I've had almost the exact same experience with my new EVO. After a few dry and tasty draws (11o'clock) through the standard mouthpiece, a rancid taste and smell followed by a horrible headache. I also made sure ELB was cleaned, but had the same issue the next day. (No neoprene sleeve used).

Sent it off to warranty repair and they were great but said they couldn't reproduce the odor in their testing. Receiving it back soon, hope that this is not a widespread issue because it's obviously a great machine.

kellya86

Herb gardener...

Are you sure it's not the new sleeve...
The smell does fill the air, maybe this is what your tasting????

If not, then maybe some manufacturing residue resides lower down in your bamboo, enough to heat and release smell, but not hot enough low down to burn it off...

When I get messy (greedy) with shatter, my bamboo gets filthy low down.....

I clean it with a pippet of iso and a hot water rinse... But this is risky...

I find If I max out the evo for 15 mins till it's hot as it will go, then I draw from the bottom of the evo a few times, this pulls the heat down and helps burn off any lower remaining residue....

I know this because I see vapour escaping from my bamboo after I do this.....

Although I'm only doin this with concentrate residue, not manufacturing residue....

I'd like to think that they wouldn't leave anything too harmful in the bamboo after assembly....

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
My new Evo which arrived on NYE was suffering from a bad taste issue but no smell, I ran it at full power for 20 mins and then thought it would be OK. First couple of ELBs did not taste very nice and the air seemed to be very harsh in a way I've not experienced before it was like inhaling a heat gun. This slowly wore off over the course of a few sessions which seems to fit with the usual comments people say about new evo's.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
My new Evo which arrived on NYE was suffering from a bad taste issue but no smell, I ran it at full power for 20 mins and then thought it would be OK. First couple of ELBs did not taste very nice and the air seemed to be very harsh in a way I've not experienced before it was like inhaling a heat gun. This slowly wore off over the course of a few sessions which seems to fit with the usual comments people say about new evo's.

I have been unaware of people having this issue up until now....

Seems to be the recent purchases????
A new manufacturing process maybe????
Or material used????

Neither of my evos have had this problem....

IceMann997

I had the same problem with my evo when I used to have it. There was a smell coming out from the vents on top that was very strange. I had to return mine 2 times to see if it would be fixed amd unfortunately, the smell never went away. I tried burning it in multiple times to see if the smell would go away but it wouldn't. I eventually asked to return it again and they just exchanged it for a new one. I got the new one and the weird thing was that my problem transfered from the smell coming out of the vents in my first evo to being in the actual bamboo , with an extremely bad taste in my second one. I tried burning that one in as well and never used sleeves but the problem was still there. At the end of it, I just had to get a refund for it which really sucked :/ I miss the thing and hope they can try to figure out whats going on going forward.

strictly vapor

Wow.. I'm truly shocked that this appears to be a widespread issue. When there's a taste that foul it's clearly not something you want to inhale.

I ran it at max temp for several half hour cycles, and used a vacuum sealer hooked to the hydrstube to run as much air thru it as I could, thinking it would fade.

The smell is just as bad after hours of work and gets 10 times worse when I insert and elb.

I did notice the smell coming from the top and filling the air a bit, and was very carefull to make sure this wasn't the cause. The only thing that makes sense at this point is some sort of factory oils in the bamboo , or perhaps inferior glass?

I cleaned the bamboo thoroughly and to my amazement this didn't make a difference.
I haven't used the sleeve yet so I know it isn't contributing.

I'm well experienced with arizer products and their initial smell but this is worse than anything I've experienced, and frankly the taste coming from the unit is too had to justify using it.

I'm going to be talking to planet vape in a few hours and will report back with the resolution.

Maybe I should have jumped on board sooner? Seems to be a lot of happy people in this thread...

Last edited:
Top Bottom