Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
I actually ended up getting the turbine but now I'm feeling regret not going with hydrabomb, I was thinking of eventually purchasing a hydrabomb mini, is it worth it?

Exactly the same here, have turbine regret not getting hydrabomb! Interested to replies to this also...

Good to hear the service has been excellent so far @Baron23 I hope the rest goes smoothly for you.

My Turbine hydratube has a very loud whistle when I draw on it with reasonable strength, which makes using it at night impossible because it sends the dog crazy, he thinks I am calling him!

Has anyone heard of this before? It's certainly a strange one... I emailed the vendor (vapefiend in the UK) to see if there is anything that can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormsend

What is the cause of the regret, exactly? Not enough cooling or diffusion? To much resistance? Inquiring minds want to know (I'm rather happy with my Turbine HT).
Nothing really specific, I'm still getting the hang of using a bong and I sometimes overfill. I do also hear a whistling sound when I pull on it. I just wish I could've tried them all out before purchasing. Hearing the hydrabomb is easier to use, and I tend to overfill my turbine sometimes.

Stormsend,

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
My EVO has the same whistle. I actually think it's where the bamboo glass narrows that make that noise not the hydrotubes. I have the hydrahoneycomb BTW.

Thanks for confirming you get the whistle with a different hydratube, gonna have to buy the dog some ear plugs :rofl:

Dabberhashery,

Stormsend

Well.....don't overfill it, yeah? :hmm: :brow:
Lol it sounds easy but... Lol now that we are on the subject...

In my turbine, there are 3 areas that I can fill with water. I find that whenever the bottom level has too much it overfills and leaks everywhere. I also notice that if the top has a little water in it, the experience is so much better. So I constantly have to add a little then check, and keep going through this process until the top and bottom levels are filled with enough water. The middle area doesn't really matter (at least I don't think it does) Again to remind everyone this is the first time I've used any kind of bong so I'm still figuring my way around it.

Stormsend,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
QrGfKTb.jpg

Stormsend

Is it ever ok to have a bit off water there? Bc I notice when I try to fill it, the bottom chamber is the first one to fill up

Stormsend,

Baron23

Lol it sounds easy but... Lol now that we are on the subject...

In my turbine, there are 3 areas that I can fill with water. I find that whenever the bottom level has too much it overfills and leaks everywhere. I also notice that if the top has a little water in it, the experience is so much better. So I constantly have to add a little then check, and keep going through this process until the top and bottom levels are filled with enough water. The middle area doesn't really matter (at least I don't think it does) Again to remind everyone this is the first time I've used any kind of bong so I'm still figuring my way around it.

NO WATER IN BOTTOM SECTION!

Fill via the MP, fill the top section only, fill until you are about 3/4 - 1 inch below the top of the center stem in the ipper chamber. DO NOT FILL to the top of the upper chamber stem as this will cause water to drip down into the bottom and may result in a leak into your EVO.

Hope this was helpful.

Stormsend

NO WATER IN BOTTOM SECTION!

Fill via the MP, fill the top section only, fill until you are about 1/2 - 3/4 inch below the top of the center stem in the ipper chamber. DO NOT FILL to the top of the upper chamber stem as this will cause water to drip down into the bottom and may result in a leak into your EVO.

Hope this was helpful.
Yes it really was, thank you for that. Gonna try it out later today and make sure bottom is empty

Baron23

Yes it really was, thank you for that. Gonna try it out later today and make sure bottom is empty
Try it while off of the EVO so you can see how your fill works. You can get away with just filling the top until it is barely over the slits in the top chamber center stem, but I like a bit more water.

Note, I updated my post to make it fill 3/4 - 1" below top of center stem but you will quickly see how this is supposed to work and will pick a fill point for your self. Key is it needs to be above the top chamber center stem perc slits but lower than the top of the little stem you see inside the top center stem.

This will make sense to you when you do it.

Cheers

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
This is news to me. I did not know that at all, so just fill it up the top and middle area with water and the bottom stays empty?
I like to fill my turbine up, then pull on the turbine to get some water above the turbine part. Then add just a little more to get the slits covered. The turbine doesn't need much water.

Stormsend

I'd say your a lucky fc'er to have not damaged your evo already....

Thermal shock will ruin you day, please be careful with cold water and hot glass....
I'd hate to see a casualty....
What type of damage could have possibly been done already if any? I checked if the bamboo was broken yesterday and it is not btw

kellya86

Herb gardener...
What type of damage could have possibly been done already if any? I checked if the bamboo was broken yesterday and it is not btw

Sorry that may have sounded wrong....

I think you 're lucky that you havens already cracked your bamboo...

Not that you may have already caused some damage....

It's good that you have realised your mistake, before something unthinkable happened....

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Having had both the bomb and turbine, I also preferred the bomb. Easier draw is my biggest thing.

Flavorwise I feel they were about the same. Maybe a little in favor of the bomb, but that could just be because I like it better.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Is it ever ok to have a bit off water there? Bc I notice when I try to fill it, the bottom chamber is the first one to fill up
This sounds like your top chamber leaks into the bottom, but you couldn't fill up the top chamber at all if it was true, it would drain down through the female joint that connects to the EVO.

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Reporting some great news. Got my EVO back today from VXL repair. They fixed a rattling mesh screen, and the strange odors and 'hair dryer' taste is GONE! After some 11:00 dry hits of Strawberry Cough (for testing purposes), it tasted divine. A huge shout out to VXL CS for their professionalism. I hope those with similar issues gain some confidence after hearing this. Civilized Road, here I come...:nod:

strictly vapor

Reporting some great news. Got my EVO back today from VXL repair. They fixed a rattling mesh screen, and the strange odors and 'hair dryer' taste is GONE! After some 11:00 dry hits of Strawberry Cough (for testing purposes), it tasted divine. A huge shout out to VXL CS for their professionalism. I hope those with similar issues gain some confidence after hearing this. Civilized Road, here I come...:nod:

So glad to hear the great news! Vapexhale reached out to me within 24 hours and shipped me a new unit today. Fantastic customer service.

Can't wait to receive it and give my review of this great device!!!

Two things - the bottom chamber is better thought of as a 'catch can.' You just need enough water to cover the perc in any HT. Water CAN end up in the bottom chamber if you rip too hard or slightly overfill; these aren't bad things. I hit my HTs with a tiny bit of overflow water in the bottom chamber all the time. Hard to get them totally empty. The other thing is that whistling means you're ripping too hard and should back off a tad.

Justpassedu

Two things - the bottom chamber is better thought of as a 'catch can.' You just need enough water to cover the perc in any HT. Water CAN end up in the bottom chamber if you rip too hard or slightly overfill; these aren't bad things. I hit my HTs with a tiny bit of overflow water in the bottom chamber all the time. Hard to get them totally empty. The other thing is that whistling means you're ripping too hard and should back off a tad.
I wouldn't say the whistle means you should back off as i have gotten some great hits hitting mine at the whistle . It will eventually tone down and sometimes go away as you build up some resin in the bamboo , mine has. Also filling the hydra-tubes should be done slowly to avoid the over flow chamber. Like you stated , just enough to cover the perc. I would not keep water in the overflow , i think a droplet or 2 is fine but there have been times people have lifted there hydra tubes fast only to get blowback into the bamboo and some of there electronics wet. I personally had this happen when lifting one of my ht's off its stand.

Top Bottom