Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

strictly vapor

Ok so had my Evo for about a week and have a few things to say and a few questions also.

I find that if I fill my bowl less, my hits are much better, and I also save more material. My first few hits the bowl was filled half way and when I switched it to 1/4 I felt I got better hits. Why is this?

When I vape at 3pm, I noticed I burned a lot of my herbs, so I guess this shouldn't be put pass 2pm?

Still getting used to the bong, I sometimes overfill it but I'm learning. Do I pose any damage to the Evo of water happens to spill inside?

Does anyone just leave the water in the bong or are you supposed to throw it away after every session?

How do you guys clean your glass piece?

Even though I found a place selling the Herbie for $479, I'm still very pleased with my Evo purchase, it hits better than any bag whip I had. Again thanks everyone. FYI, I was able to get some wax paper and I will be looking at YouTube tutorial vids to make rosin. Happy New Years!

Still waiting for mine but most people report that about 1/3 full is the best way to use the ELB. More than this and you restrict airflow which will change the vapor signiture and result in darker abv.

From what I've been seeing it looks like most people enjoy using the Evo between 12 and 1:30 on the temperature dial when using flower, but I think I'll be between 11 and 12 for that low temp blue milk.

You certainly don't want water to land in your Evo, but with the design of the hydratubes this would be difficult to do. As long as you don't cough into your hydratube you should never have a problem, and even if you did I'd be surprised if it made it past the bottom chamber. Most people fill their hydratubes with just enough water to cover the percolator.

I'm sure some people leave the water in their hydratubes for later, as I know plenty of people who use this practise with their dab rigs, but for me I rinse and replace the water after every session. Not sure the science behind this but I've always felt it better to store bubblers and hydratiubes dry with no water, to try and prevent bacteria from building in the water (I understand water can be a good breeding gound).

As far as cleaning your hydratube, my preferred way is to rinse it out with hot water, empty and add 99% isopropyl alcohol, then shake it until the gunk is extracted from the walls of the glass. Others like to soak their hydratubes and then rinse them later, personal preference there. Always rinse thoroughly after using ISO!

strictly vapor,
Reactions: Stormsend

Baron23

I find that if I fill my bowl less, my hits are much better, and I also save more material. My first few hits the bowl was filled half way and when I switched it to 1/4 I felt I got better hits. Why is this?

Can't say for certain but I believe its related to allowing enough room for the herb to fluff around in the hot air stream. I tend to run about 1/3 of the remaining space in the ELB with the cap on. I think this is around .7 - .8 grams maybe depending on herb and grind.

When I vape at 3pm, I noticed I burned a lot of my herbs, so I guess this shouldn't be put pass 2pm?

3 o'clock (there isn't any AM vs PM :brow:;)) is too hot for me. I tend to run about 1:00 to 1:30 or so...2:00 at the most...and get nice even AVB.

Still getting used to the bong, I sometimes overfill it but I'm learning. Do I pose any damage to the Evo of water happens to spill inside?

Are you talking about a bong or a VapeXhale hyrdotube. If the later, no...it doesn't take much water and you don't want to put so much water in the top section that it gets into the bottom. If using a bong, I have no idea what you are using nor how much water to put into it, but you definitely don't want water down in your base unit.

Does anyone just leave the water in the bong or are you supposed to throw it away after every session?

Up to you. Some throw out every time. I use distilled water and probably leave it in there a few days to a week (but my EVO is just one vape in a rotation so your mileage may vary on usage). If it gets nasty, toss it out, yeah?

Repeat after me....Powdered Brewer's Wash (available from many places...google it). Here is a thread you definitely want to read on glass cleaning:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

FYI, I was able to get some wax paper and I will be looking at YouTube tutorial vids to make rosin.

NOT wax paper....parchment paper (look in the baking section of your grocery store) or similar (Oil Slick makes some sort of slick paper...can't tell you more about it though). Real 'wax paper' is covered in...well, wax (paraffin or soy wax) and you don't want it melting in your press and into your rosin, right?

Best of luck.

Stormsend

Can't say for certain but I believe its related to allowing enough room for the herb to fluff around in the hot air stream. I tend to run about 1/3 of the remaining space in the ELB with the cap on. I think this is around .7 - .8 grams maybe depending on herb and grind.

Thanks, FYI I was able to get about 3 hits at 11, 12, and 2 with 1/4 full which I think is pretty good.

3 o'clock (there isn't any AM vs PM :brow:;)) is too hot for me. I tend to run about 1:00 to 1:30 or so...2:00 at the most...and get nice even AVB.

It is too much, it burned my material black, 2pm is the highest I'll go on from now.

Are you talking about a bong or a VapeXhale hyrdotube. If the later, no...it doesn't take much water and you don't want to put so much water in the top section that it gets into the bottom. If using a bong, I have no idea what you are using nor how much water to put into it, but you definitely don't want water down in your base unit.

I am talking about the hydrotube.

Up to you. Some throw out every time. I use distilled water and probably leave it in there a few days to a week (but my EVO is just one vape in a rotation so your mileage may vary on usage). If it gets nasty, toss it out, yeah?

I'll just throw it out everyday just incase, don't wat to vaporize bacteria or mold or anything lol

Repeat after me....Powdered Brewer's Wash (available from many places...google it). Here is a thread you definitely want to read on glass cleaning:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

Thanks!

NOT wax paper....parchment paper (look in the baking section of your grocery store) or similar (Oil Slick makes some sort of slick paper...can't tell you more about it though). Real 'wax paper' is covered in...well, wax (paraffin or soy wax) and you don't want it melting in your press and into your rosin, right?

Best of luck.

Thanks for telling me this! Was able to return the wax paper I got for non stick parchment paper.

Stormsend,

TboneToker

Anyone ever open up a cloud evo to see the heating coil and such? any photos? thanks FC I have been looking since yesterday...

From what I've been seeing it looks like most people enjoy using the Evo between 12 and 1:30 on the temperature dial when using flower, but I think I'll be between 11 and 12 for that low temp blue milk.

anywhere from 9:30-1-1oclock for me, sometimes higher, but not often.

the evo does a great job at actually keeping temperature, so it doesn't drop temp like other vapes might. At least in my experience, it gives me the same vapor quality as the aromed at the same temps, but it gives me more vapor at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

strictly vapor

Anyone ever open up a cloud evo to see the heating coil and such? any photos? thanks FC I have been looking since yesterday...

I'd love to see this as well. "Vaporizers Reviewed" has a channel on YouTube and they have videos of the inside of the crafty and volcano (common knowledge?). Maybe we can entice the vapologist to do the unthinkable and get inside the Evo!! That would be great.

strictly vapor,
Reactions: TboneToker

TboneToker

I'd love to see this as well. "Vaporizers Reviewed" has a channel on YouTube and they have videos of the inside of the crafty and volcano (common knowledge?). Maybe we can entice the vapologist to do the unthinkable and get inside the Evo!! That would be great.

looks like he's "still vaping" with the Evo and Vapir Rise, so maybe he will open it up.

strictly vapor

anywhere from 9:30-1-1oclock for me, sometimes higher, but not often.

the evo does a great job at actually keeping temperature, so it doesn't drop temp like other vapes might. At least in my experience, it gives me the same vapor quality as the aromed at the same temps, but it gives me more vapor at once.

9:30?! I like your style!! CANT WAIT to finally try this beast. Haha, just noticed I have been following in your footsteps since April 2014 when it comes to new vape purchases... Great minds think alike!!!!

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
@Stormsend Generally, less is more with the EVO. I also find I get better hits when the ELB is filled about 1/4 or less....I believe that is because you get much better air flow.

I never go past 2pm on my dial, if I do I also get charring and near combustion (each unit may be slightly different tho). However, you may need those higher temps if you are using a nail and concentrates.

I only fill my HydraBomb about 1mm over the perc. You are most certainly risking damage if you allow water to spill inside. This could crack the bamboo or damage electronics. Be careful.

I use distilled water and change it pretty much every day at least, sometimes more often. There are many ways to clean your glass, but generally an ISO bath will clean it up nicely, and return your glass to like new condition. Some like to warm the ISO a bit. I do not use much, just swirl and shake in the glass until clean, then rinse thoroughly.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ok so had my Evo for about a week and have a few things to say and a few questions also.

Even though I found a place selling the Herbie for $479, I'm still very pleased with my Evo purchase, it hits better than any bag whip I had. Again thanks everyone. FYI, I was able to get some wax paper and I will be looking at YouTube tutorial vids to make rosin. Happy New Years!
I clean my glass once a week. (I fill with RO water daily)
@turk how many acres do you have of CANNABIS?
1/2 full EBL's work better for my needs.
I use less weed for sure.

I like the EVO and find the flavor just right.

Vaporizers are over-priced hair dryers.
Just enjoy the diamond you have.
The HOLY GRAIL = CANNABIS (NO SEEDS) COLAS
yzzi9JF.jpg

@CarolKing I have some CANDYLAND that makes my teeth
Hurt? However feels very nice!

Last edited:

somerandomguy1

The vape is convection (hot air). The less you fill, the more room for the herb to tumble and more evenly vaporize. The more you put it the less room it has to move and gets less evenly vaporized and more importantly, vaporizes at a higher temperature because there is more energy (hot air) taking longer to get through the stagnant material. This is why you find that running 1/2 bowl at 3 o clock tastes burnt. I run about 1/4 of a bowl at 3 o clock and get about 1-2 milky rips but you don't always have to do it this way.

Yes, try not to get the inside of the evo wet. It's heated glass. Heated glass + room temperature water = instant cracking of the bamboo = dead vape.

Usually like to switch my water out every couple days or so. Depends how dirty the rig gets but never longer than 5 days because of the chance of mold growing from stagnant water.

Isopropal alcohol 99%. Fill, shake, empty, wash with hot water and you're good.

TboneToker

9:30?! I like your style!! CANT WAIT to finally try this beast. Haha, just noticed I have been following in your footsteps since April 2014 when it comes to new vape purchases... Great minds think alike!!!!
If you try 300-320 Fahrenheit (9-930oclock) you can load a bit more than usual but I still find it's best with 1/4-1/2 full at most.

toecutter

Hey y'all - As I await the arrival of my EVO, I was wondering what grinder is recommended. I've searched the thread and have a few ideas, but wanted to see if there was a general consensus at this point.

I have a two piece Space Case, that came free with (I think my Vapor Bros) that I have been using for the last few years. I've been tempted to get a four piece however, as I like the idea of the kief screen. That said, the idea of dropping 60 bucks right now, on a new grinder isn't terribly appealing. Perhaps I'm just splitting hairs?

toecutter,
Reactions: ataxian

TboneToker

CANT WAIT!!!!
Hey y'all - As I await the arrival of my EVO, I was wondering what grinder is recommended. I've searched the thread and have a few ideas, but wanted to see if there was a general consensus at this point.

I have a two piece Space Case, that came free with (I think my Vapor Bros) that I have been using for the last few years. I've been tempted to get a four piece however, as I like the idea of the kief screen. That said, the idea of dropping 60 bucks right now, on a new grinder isn't terribly appealing. Perhaps I'm just splitting hairs?

hmm the 2 piece should be ideal really. Kief works great in the evo but I don't know if it's worth it? Unless you want it for something else.

A 4 piece space case is amazing, I think I prefer the Santa Cruz Shredders shred, over the space cases grind. Only marginally. I prefer the overall design of the space case 4 piece. I hear that the 2 piece New Vape fine grind is superb

I just took your advice and did 1/4 bowl at 9. Very thin cloud but when I blew it out very thick vapor. And I'm f'in baked lol
You just tried the Evo for the first time, today!? Cool!!

I like lower temps in the morning and I work up during the day. I don't often go as low as 9

but 10 is really good! Especially with a good sativa! 10-12 is perfect for good sativas. The highest I like to go with most sativa is 1 o'clock which is roughly 385degrees. I usually stay around 340-360 with sativas and end with around 372 or so (1:30 on the dial) to end the days.

If I have indicas they tend to work better at least 340 or 350 which is either 11:30 or 12 on the dial, respectively. I like to usually hover around 360-380 with indicas. And go as high as 390 or so (about 1:45 on the dial)

EDDITTT

More simply

10 to 12:30 for Sativa daytime
12 to 1 for Sativa evening

11-1 for Indica daytime
11-2 for Indica nighttime

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormsend

You just tried the Evo for the first time, today!? Cool!!

I like lower temps in the morning and I work up during the day. I don't often go as low as 9

but 10 is really good! Especially with a good sativa! 10-12 is perfect for good sativas. The highest I like to go with most sativa is 1 o'clock which is roughly 385degrees. I usually stay around 340-360 with sativas and end with around 372 or so (1:30 on the dial) to end the days.

If I have indicas they tend to work better at least 340 or 350 which is either 11:30 or 12 on the dial, respectively. I like to usually hover around 360-380 with indicas. And go as high as 390 or so (about 1:45 on the dial)
No, I had mine for about a week. I would usually start at 12 with a 1/2 bowl but felt I was using too much material. I switched it to 1/4 a bowl at 9 and got a great high.

TboneToker

No, I had mine for about a week. I would usually start at 12 with a 1/2 bowl but felt I was using too much material. I switched it to 1/4 a bowl at 9 and got a great high.
Interesting

definitely, I feel more effects at lower temps, as far as the strain-dependent effects go.

So like the THC and CBD and other cannabinoids aren't changing except you might get less THC and CBD etc.. but I think the terpenes (the flavours and smells) of the cannabis really shine more at a lower temp of 9 (you can go to 8:45 but it's even lighter and there's no THC or CBD or hardly any at all being vaporized at that point since that's around 288degrees) but you'll get some terpenes.

Of course, some terpenes have higher vaporizing temps than 288 but many are around that area...

Anywho.

food for thought, but the terpenes are very important to the medicine, if you're using it medicinally I am almost certain that much of the "differences" aren't coming from the different amount of THC or CBD or other cannabinoids but actually from the different terpenes (smells and flavour compounds). I feel this way because I know when I get a good citrusy, lemony strain they tend to work wonders on my ADD and concentration, for me.

I hope maybe to find a good Kush with a sativa dominance to it since I know those can be very lemony.

Is there any Kush Haze varieties damn that would be nice.

Last edited:

Baron23

You could probably get away with any grinder as the EVO just seems to suck up whatever I want to put in it. But with that said, the New Vape fine grinder, mentioned above, is indeed an incredible piece of machining. Just a super grinder and well worth the $50.

On the other hand, if as you said the budget is a bit tight (like pretty much all of us after the holidays), just keep using your Space Case who make fine stuff. The EVO doesn't seem to me to be all that sensitive to grind the way some conduction oven vapes are.

Cheers

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I was wondering what grinder is recommended.
)
I like to use KIEF with the flower.
I use a 2 piece grinder.

COMPTON 2 PIECE works. ($40 - $45)

I gave my 2.5" SPACE CASE to someone special. (however loved it!)
A 3 PIECE from SANTA CRUZ I want.

My 3.5" SPACE CASE works. (my opinion.)

COARSE GRIND is my EVO method.

Other's may think differently?
HFUJ02x.jpg

Do what's right to you? PURPLE 4 INDICA (night time)

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I have a 3 piece santa cruz shredder, and much prefer it to pretty much every other I have, including my 4 piece santa cruz. Also have a Phoenician 4 piece, and the New Vape fine grinder. Really just love the medium or large 3 piece santa cruz. Gives a very nice fluffy grind, and I don't really want to collect kief....the way I see it, may as well consume it with the herb it came on (just my preference). And I do have a fairly dense layer of kief on the bottom and sides of the 3 piece anyway that I scrape off periodically.

I only use the New Vape grinder if I break out the Pax2, but man, it is one fine piece of a grinder.

I also agree that with the Evo, grind doesn't seem to matter as much. It will vaporize a scrap or a pile of whatever grind you put through it.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have a 3 piece santa cruz shredder, and much prefer it to pretty much every other I have, including my 4 piece santa cruz. Also have a Phoenician 4 piece,and the New Vape fine grinder. Really just love the medium or large 3 piece santa cruz. Gives a very nice fluffy grind, and I don't really want to collect kief....the way I see it, may as well consume it with the herb it came on (just my preference). And I do have a fairly dense layer of kief on the bottom and sides of the 3 piece anyway that I scrape off periodically.

I only use the New Vape grinder if I break out the Pax2, but man, it is one fine piece of a grinder.

I also agree that with the Evo, grind doesn't seem to matter as much. It will vaporize a scrap or a pile of whatever grind you put through it.
Sorry for posting so much?
420 KANDYLAND OG + CALIFORNIA GLASS + EVO at 2 =
CIVILIZED + CABERNET CENTRAL COAST
= OVER MEDICATED however DEDICATED

GRIND as you like?
We all prefer our own liking!

EVO = CIVILIZED

Baron23

Sorry for posting so much?
420 KANDYLAND OG + CALIFORNIA GLASS + EVO at 2 =
CIVILIZED + CABERNET CENTRAL COAST
= OVER MEDICATED however DEDICATED

GRIND as you like?
We all prefer our own liking!

EVO = CIVILIZED
Never a reason for you to apologize about posting, my friend.

For those who like more coarse grind, New Vape now offers a coarse grinder made the same way as their fine grinder. Both nice. I also like SCS grinders...I have a two piece. Works well.

Top Bottom