Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

61reissue

Hi All,

New user here. Just picked up the Evo Cloud. I ordered 2 HydraBomb Kits ( one for me, one for someone else) and they shipped me only 1 HONEYCOMB HT. Lol... wtf... I actually am pretty happy with the Honeycomb due to it's smoothness, however I am having trouble filling the HT with a decent cloud. Is that normal for the Honeycomb or should I try loading a bit larger ELB? Currently I am loading only bout 25% full to get used to the Cloud.

First what temp do you have it on?

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Went in town looking to see who sold a J hook or EVO mouthpiece. Came home with this. :D It is like an oversized spoon. Flat bottom and I can balance the EVO upside down on it.
yUCMaYQ.jpg

I wasn't aware of this mod until your post, so thanks for that...

I just made a mini elb.....
Worked ok with just herb In it....

HahRAwMh.jpg

ZodiksGh.jpg

Its an eq basket with a squished @DDave basket...
You went for the hex shape too. @DDave screens are finer mesh too. Been putting teas in the ELBs and put them into the tall adapter. It rests on the bowl screen. Then an adapter for a tea break.

Packed an EQ basket above the EVO and used it while preheating for the ELB session. Less direct heat so less chance of combustion. I hope anyway.....:haw:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Heat soak your unit before the hit. Some folks do this at max temp and then turn down to 1 o'clock or so and after the light turns green again take the hit. Dial position will vary as each EVO is a bit different. Also, draw slowly and do a primer hit to heat your medicine. If your weed is wet it will take more energy to vape. When vapor starts to form, exhale and take a slow draw.
I have weird purple bud with dark red hairs at 1:00PM I'm beyond medication.

One more thing?

I'm so happy!

EVO = CIVILIZED

EastBaked

About to place an order, but still can't decide between turbine and hydra honey comb (leaning slightly more towards the hydra honeycomb though).

Anyone tried/owned both ? Any advice or pro/cons between these 2 ?

I have a feeling I won't be disappointed anyway, but give the price tag, I'd like to be at least halfway sure before placing my order :).
Looking to maintain smoothness on longer/bigger hits, without sacrificing flavor (not that anyone would ever ask for a harsh bland hit ...), and be suitable for both flowers and concentrates ..

You ARE CIVILIZED sir . . . :tup: I just might have an Indica dominant purple strain coming in soon . . . :)

PieXmoonshine

piexmoonshine.jpg

I can almost smell that picture ... What a beautiful plant !

Last edited by a moderator:

THE GHOST

Into the vapor
First what temp do you have it on?
Currently running it at the 12 o'clock position during heat-up and also during the session. I've tried pulling slow and deep (like when using a traditional water pipe and "milking" it to create fully opaque hits) but still not a lot of vapor. Then i pulled as hard as I could through the entire hit and had much more success with a larger cloud. I do have the Honeycomb HT and understand it is for a smoother vapor, but should the draw be that tight? Anyone have experience between the different HTs? Thanks homies!

THE GHOST

Into the vapor
Heat soak your unit before the hit. Some folks do this at max temp and then turn down to 1 o'clock or so and after the light turns green again take the hit. Dial position will vary as each EVO is a bit different. Also, draw slowly and do a primer hit to heat your medicine. If your weed is wet it will take more energy to vape. When vapor starts to form, exhale and take a slow draw.

Thank you, that is great info! I'll give this a try tonight. Can't wait to see that green light glowing in the dark :)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I wasn't aware of this mod until your post, so thanks for that...

I just made a mini elb.....
Worked ok with just herb In it....

HahRAwMh.jpg

ZodiksGh.jpg

Its an eq basket with a squished @DDave basket...
I'm glad I could help. :tup:

I just happened to be reading the beginning of the thread recently and the mini ELBs are discussed a lot. It's supposed to work really well for kief too:

this is the Mini ELB I came up with back on 4/20...using an EQ dome screen and an ELB cap...works great for flowers or kief, and seems to work in pieces that the "two cap" method has clearance issues with.

THE GHOST

Into the vapor
Thank you, that is great info! I'll give this a try tonight. Can't wait to see that green light glowing in the dark :)

Tried the "heat soak" method but after heating it up to max temp and then switching to 12/1 position, the light goes back to red and re-adjusts until the new lower temp is reached. Have you encountered this? Am I way off? Lol. Thanks!​

THE GHOST,
Reactions: ataxian

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Tried the "heat soak" method but after heating it up to max temp and then switching to 12/1 position, the light goes back to red and re-adjusts until the new lower temp is reached. Have you encountered this? Am I way off? Lol. Thanks!
You want EVO to heat up as much as possible, then when you turn the temp down to 1 or 2 o'clock, the EVO is adjusting the temp of the airflow through the bamboo according to its sensor, BUT you have a lot of heat in the body and the bamboo, which makes a huge difference in the quality of your hit because of radiation and conduction. Wet weed, which is what is sold to most folks, will make this process longer and more difficult. Please make sure your weed hasn't been cut early and/or cured short, containing excessive moisture, which for vaping you may not recognize as bad, but it is.

EDIT: RED Light = temp change underway, GREEN Light = Set Temp reached

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think the minielb can be a nice solution for a small ammount of kief, but for smalla ammount of herb I still prefer a regular ELB.
I typically vape herbal microdoses in a regular ELB like this:
Heat up EVO to max, put microdose in an ELB, take a short or long hit, then take out the ELB, shake it , put back and finish.
If I take a shorter first hit, then the two hits are more of equal, if the first hit is bigger, than the second is just a wek finisher. Either way it get vaped completely and efficiently.
I should be getting an E-Nano soon, the king of microdose efficiency, but I'm not sure if it can beat EVO doing this method.
I've tried again the miniELB and the first hit seems the same, only makes a little less mess on the walls (because there's less of them, thats why I think its better for kief), but can't shake it to take the finished hit.

2 Cycle

Been having some minor cap blowout issues with my elbs. Probably going to have to do the rim crimp technique to keep them in place. Was hoping to avoid that, anyone buy any elbs very recently? Just wondering if these are tighter fitting

UnidenWallet

Been having some minor cap blowout issues with my elbs. Probably going to have to do the rim crimp technique to keep them in place. Was hoping to avoid that, anyone buy any elbs very recently? Just wondering if these are tighter fitting

I've been having the same problem with 3 of my ELBs I bought in April. The top cap sometimes comes loose when vaping, resulting in bits of weed getting into the bottom chamber of my Hydratube. No clue why they're getting looser.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have been thinking about a y adapter lately.....

But do I need the power of 2 evos????
One seems sufficient.....

A great party trick though....

If you need two devices to get balanced?
One EVO before bed and I'm out in a "SELF INDUCED COMA"?
Lately I have a basket before my daily nap. (siesta)

@t-dub I found that one gram of CANNABIS COLA
and .500 gram SHATTER is all I can handle?
ONE plant ONE pound! (super cropped) DUTCH CRUNCH
Our laws allow 8 ounces?
I threw away 8 ounces to respect the law!

You must be bionic?

Maybe your more CIVILIZED than most?

TboneToker

i'm sad you aren't all getting large clouds.

here's how.

do a primer hit, just inhale at whatever speed you like until you see vape forming, then exhale that air and then pull hard through the tube, try to go hard and steady almost like a hookah, just pull!

after the priming hit, this second pull will get it "reallll melky"

THE GHOST

Into the vapor
i'm sad you aren't all getting large clouds.

here's how.

do a primer hit, just inhale at whatever speed you like until you see vape forming, then exhale that air and then pull hard through the tube, try to go hard and steady almost like a hookah, just pull!

after the priming hit, this second pull will get it "reallll melky"
What temp and what HT are you using? Is anyone seeing different clouds with different HTs and the same techniques?

Top Bottom