Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

herbivore21

Surely I am not the only one here who thinks the evo heat protector sleeves on current models stink like hell? Anyone else found that this is accessory is useless because it makes your vape space smell like some kind of noxious fumes?

Last edited:

StormG94

Forever a student
Surely I am not the only one here who thinks the evo heat protector sleeves on current models stink like hell? Anyone else found that this is accessory is useless because it makes your vape space smell like some kind of noxious fumes?
Mine stunk like crazy when I first received it, I just resorted to using rubber wristbands for a while. After finding it almost two years later, it had been airing out and didn't really stink too much. Maybe try airing it out for a bit, or I think I saw another user leave it on with the EVO running to try and cook some of the smell off.

waxdab23

It did when I first got it, but the smell went away after a couple weeks or so of use with it on.

waxdab23,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't use the cover at all? (ugly)

Maybe if you vaporize in a group?

I vape a lone?

EVO = FLAVOR = CIVILIZED

OP9yxBT.jpg

Mine works fine?
@Justpassedu thank you for the referral to OREGON GLASS BLOWERS!
It's cool they get it?
Small mouth-pieces are CIVILIZED!
If you like FLAVOR a EVO will deliver!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Np @ataxian , as for the covers/shields mine never had a odor , I even purchased a 3 pack of different covers with no smell from vapexhail . Couldn't you just throw them in the washing machine ? That may help .
For me it was the look?

My wife say's I'm vain?

My EVO is a very powerful medication device = CIVILIZED

I enjoy it! (TASTE is amazing)

CANNABIS at it's best! (My jaded option)?

The sweet nectar of CANNABIS should be respected?

herbivore21

Mine stunk like crazy when I first received it, I just resorted to using rubber wristbands for a while. After finding it almost two years later, it had been airing out and didn't really stink too much. Maybe try airing it out for a bit, or I think I saw another user leave it on with the EVO running to try and cook some of the smell off.

Man I heard the same when I initially raised this but it has now been a few months of airing out now with the same noticeable smell. Maybe it needs to go back for another year or so of drying though lol?

It did when I first got it, but the smell went away after a couple weeks or so of use with it on.
Mine has never gone away and I always end up putting it back on the shelf because of this not long after getting it out.

I don't use the cover at all? (ugly)

Maybe if you vaporize in a group?

I vape a lone?

EVO = FLAVOR = CIVILIZED

OP9yxBT.jpg

Mine works fine?
@Justpassedu thank you for the referral to OREGON GLASS BLOWERS!
It's cool they get it?
Small mouth-pieces are CIVILIZED!
If you like FLAVOR a EVO will deliver!
I'm medical just like you brother, so I too mostly vape alone :leaf:

I usually don't use the heat cover but every now and then I touch the hot section at the top and try to use it again, only to find that it smells distractingly bad.

I usually use my evo with no sleeve/rubber bands because I don't want any other smell distracting me from my medicine just like you - flavor = civilized!

By the way, OGB is good people, also very good at making custom vape parts :D
Np @ataxian , as for the covers/shields mine never had a odor , I even purchased a 3 pack of different covers with no smell from vapexhail . Couldn't you just throw them in the washing machine ? That may help .

Good question!? Did you get the rubber bads or those neoprene (IIRC) sleeve type things? I'm talking about the latter.

Justpassedu

Man I heard the same when I initially raised this but it has now been a few months of airing out now with the same noticeable smell. Maybe it needs to go back for another year or so of drying though lol?

Mine has never gone away and I always end up putting it back on the shelf because of this not long after getting it out.

I'm medical just like you brother, so I too mostly vape alone :leaf:

I usually don't use the heat cover but every now and then I touch the hot section at the top and try to use it again, only to find that it smells distractingly bad.

I usually use my evo with no sleeve/rubber bands because I don't want any other smell distracting me from my medicine just like you - flavor = civilized!

By the way, OGB is good people, also very good at making custom vape parts :D

Good question!? Did you get the rubber bads or those neoprene (IIRC) sleeve type things? I'm talking about the latter.
Yes I use the rubber band also with the neoprene sleeve , no odor. Maybe wash it the sleeve , ISO the rubber band if they have a odor .

Milo

I was wondering about this. I had a neoprene mousepad once that I had to leave outside for days before I could stand being in the same room with it. That wetsuit smell can be overwhelming.

It's also not encouraging that an insulating sleeve is a requirement for use. Why not make the case slightly larger and add more insulation inside it? This just seems like a band-aid when they realized it was too hot to comfortably hold.

Otherwise it seems like a great vape and I've almost pulled the trigger a couple times. But the sleeve thing bugs me.

KimDracula

The smell didn't exactly go away for me but it did fade some. I ditched the cover for good after a short time because of that and the less-than-ideal design of the velcro straps that stretch across the airpath and can block it if the cover slides up which it is wont to do. I haven't had a problem since I just hold the unit by the bottom anyway in my right hand with the HT in my left and just remember not to grab the top where it gets hot.

I was wondering about this. I had a neoprene mousepad once that I had to leave outside for days before I could stand being in the same room with it. That wetsuit smell can be overwhelming.

It's also not encouraging that an insulating sleeve is a requirement for use. Why not make the case slightly larger and add more insulation inside it? This just seems like a band-aid when they realized it was too hot to comfortably hold.

Otherwise it seems like a great vape and I've almost pulled the trigger a couple times. But the sleeve thing bugs me.

IMO there's no reason to let this keep you from getting this vape. You don't need the sleeve, as I've described above. Unless the looks of them really appealed to you and you're disappointed you can't use them it should be a relative non-issue.

herbivore21

The smell didn't exactly go away for me but it did fade some. I ditched the cover for good after a short time because of that and the less-than-ideal design of the velcro straps that stretch across the airpath and can block it if the cover slides up which it is wont to do. I haven't had a problem since I just hold the unit by the bottom anyway in my right hand with the HT in my left and just remember not to grab the top where it gets hot.

IMO there's no reason to let this keep you from getting this vape. You don't need the sleeve, as I've described above. Unless the looks of them really appealed to you and you're disappointed you can't use them it should be a relative non-issue.
All of this describes my position too. The neoprene smell faded a little with all the great efforts I spent trying to get the smell out but it is still unusably smelly.

The velcro straps are also inconceivably positioned - honestly right over the air intake, wtf?

But the bottom line as in @KimDracula's post is that the evo is one of the best vapes even despite this, so long as you just put the neoprene aside and learn not to hold the hot part of the evo ;)

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures

like others have said, you don't need the neoprene sleeve to use the Evo. I'm guessing if you were to leave it on all day, then the unit will get hot to the touch. If you're like me, who leave it on for 30 minutes- 1 hour max per session, you should be able to hold like it just fine without the sleeve.

djurodjakovic

not using the sleeve also. no need.
for those that use it but hate the velcro stuff underneath, if you can go without attaching velcro you can insert it on the inside of sleeve before sliding it on the EVO.

djurodjakovic,
Reactions: ataxian
LMFAO, I've used two different sleeves. Wash them in the washing machine to kill the smell. The Velcro straps honestly don't hinder anymore airflow than the already present restrictions in the bamboo. I've always had my Velcro straps attached and all they do is secure the sleeve and prevent debris from being sucked into the bamboo. I also use the silicone bands under my sleeve and maybe that keeps the heat from warming the sleeve to to the point of odor emission:2c:

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I have never used the sleeves or the bands. I grab my evo at the base like the instructions suggest. my thumb is between the temp dial and the on/off switch and my fingers wrap around the back with two above the cord and two below the cord. I use a stem but this should work for anyone.

MonkeyTime

Ok, I'm somewhat new to the Evo scene. I've had mine for a few months, is the velcro an older thing? My sleeve had no velcro and no smell, it stays on the unit, but I don't think I'd have an issue using it without if it were an issue.

I LOVE my Evo, but it has caused me a lot of stress and cost me far too much. Since purchasing, I've found my weakness and appreciation for convection and glass, and I can't get enough!

MonkeyTime

In what way has it caused you stress.....???

And how much has it cost you in the relatively short time you have owned it...???

Have you had mutiple mishaps

I think you're misreading my intentions :nope:

It's cost me money in both glass and additional vaporizer purchases. The Crafty/Mighty was what I consider my first premium vape (sorry Pax) and it was great, I just used it moments ago, it still fits a need for me. The Evo on the other hand opened my eyes to a whole new world, first hand. While I had read about convection vapes and their advantages, I was pretty happy with the huge step from smoking to vaping.

For me, the Evo was almost that same evolutionary type step. Since receiving it, I've done more reading about and purchasing of glass. Where as a year ago, the thought of using butane as a heat source sounded silly, I'm now strongly considering one (or more).

This vape turned my enjoyable habit into a passion.

As for the stress, it's nothing more than a self imposed need to fill something perceivably missing, the perfect vaporizer.

For the record, I have broke one piece of glass, but it was just a MM adapter for the Mi. It was in a bucket of PBW with a few pieces of glass and it clung to a base, until it fell into the tub (fiberglass) and shattered. A small price to pay to be reminded to be smart with glass :tup:

Top Bottom