Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
This is the best use I have found for the sleeve . . . ;)

sleeve.jpg

twosilvertrees

lose the planetary mindset
You can go skins if you want, I'm sticking with shirts. Game on!

Team sleeve all the way! /hi5

Something I feel I can add: I've had my Evo/sleeve for around a year now, and it for sure smelled weird/neoprene-y to start but it quickly went away. Fast forward to a month or so ago when I had to send my unit out for repairs. When it came back, the weird smell had returned and was WAAAAYYY stronger! It's also gone away over time, but I thought it was weird since the Evo was new-ish but the sleeve wasn't. Maybe the sleeve isn't the stinky culprit after all!

MonkeyTime

3 - 3, but the sleeve crew is kicking A** and taking names!

How many of you going sleeveless pick it up during use? I often use mine on my dresser and just leaving it sitting there because the height works with most of my glass and it's next to my sliding door for exhaust. It's convenient as all!

bobo305

getting ready to pull the trigger on the evo after reading through most of the 577 pages and watching youtube vids of the evo. the part I'm not sure about is the temp gauge. is 12 o'clock 350f approx? I like to vape flowers around 350-365f. I noticed in a vid that when the ceo has the unit on the desk before vaping flower it's set at noon. as soon as he dropped in the elb, he quickly turned the dial to max, put on the ht and hit it. naturally he got huge clouds on max heat. I want to see what kind of clouds at lower temps. is it still as powerful compared to the herbalaire 2.2 which I own.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I use my Evo completely naked.

And my Evo does my not wear the sleeve ;)

It's stashed away should I ever feel I need it (or keep my beer cool @t-dub) - and thankfully it doesn't seem to smell of much.
How, why, don''t you find it uncomfortably hot?
I prefer the look of the Evo in it's bare state. It looks minimalist, functional, and pretty damn cool for a big hunk of tabletop plastic. The sleeves are not particularly to my taste.

And when it comes to picking the Evo up during use, I just hold it toward the lower half of the unit, & find that I never have an issue :2c:

:peace:

MonkeyTime

getting ready to pull the trigger on the evo after reading through most of the 577 pages and watching youtube vids of the evo. the part I'm not sure about is the temp gauge. is 12 o'clock 350f approx? I like to vape flowers around 350-365f. I noticed in a vid that when the ceo has the unit on the desk before vaping flower it's set at noon. as soon as he dropped in the elb, he quickly turned the dial to max, put on the ht and hit it. naturally he got huge clouds on max heat. I want to see what kind of clouds at lower temps. is it still as powerful compared to the herbalaire 2.2 which I own.

Noon is 350F, about 1:30 is 400F.

Here's the link to their own picture of the temps.

https://www.vapexhale.com/pages/temperature-settings-guide

I've been very happy with mine, can't say I've heard of anyone that wasn't happy.

Good luck!

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Got an Evo with a Turbo with extra ELBs and extras. :rockon:I was told I'd like the turbo from a few reliable sources. :tup: Thanks for all of you prodding me earlier here, ahem, I mean suggesting me to get an EVO. :lol:
@kelly86 gave me the 8 steps and some dangers to avoid before it arrived. @Jusspassedu and I have been conversing and plotting for two weeks. He helped me pick out the EQ way back.:myday:

All right, I inspected the unit. while ISO soaking the Turbo, red/green light tested and fiddled and flash light inspected the bamboo. It did have some play, but I got it to sit nice with the tube. The new screens were snug but 1/4 turns inside the socket seemed to break them in gently. I was apprehensive. They had some stickage when I tried a dry run,

Later made two mistakes with the Turbo, and had beginner's luck. I'll get back to the beginner's luck.
Forgot the proper water level for the turbo. (Never filled a HT before.:hmm:) Got online and came up with halfway between the bottom slit and the layer above it. Dry run and tweaked it.

Never leave any small water in the bottom half of the HT or any tube. It will cause hot spots and conduct heat. I'm guessing. Always pull the HT when near finishing a draw.

I practiced taking it on and off a few times and broke in the screens a little more to prevent any klutzy moments. Now time to get civilized.

Beginners luck session. I was getting those 5+ hits of white Milk at 12 o'clock :whoa: and exhaling toasty vapor from the HT that seemed like the dense, but finer droplets if that makes any sense. :mental: ABV even tan.

Still amazed I own an EVO and the Turbo that the thread wanted me to have, :clap: Now to have a round robin session with the water tools.:peace:

herbivore21

I got a chance to use some vapexnails recently and am definitely impressed with the results (beats any quartz enail I've used, but not other nails - we'll get to that).

The major con I can see with the vapexnails is that dialling in the temp is difficult. I find I need something like 9:30-10 o'clock on the dial to get a good taste from rosin but the clouds just take a while and you really can't spend a small dab in the vapexnail in one hit at temps ideal for flavor. If I put the temp any hotter, the rosin tastes like trying to dab on quartz that is too hot, ie: pretty bad.

Does anyone else find this?

On the plus side, Vapexnails taste better than any ti or quartz I've ever dabbed on. Especially if you already own an evo, I do not see any sense in buying an enail over vapexnails at all unless you are getting SiC or Sapphire.

In the case of SiC enails vs the vapexnails - you will not necessarily get better taste on the SiC (this is possible) but it won't be worse. What you will get is much more rapid vaporization of the same hit in SiC vs VXNs.

Sapphire e-nails still soundly win against the VXN's in every aspect, but they don't vape flower so good so this should be considered by individual purchasers. :2c:

EDIT:

Forgot to mention - the vapexnails are incredible for full melt! Got to make sure you leave the nail in the unit for a moment to let the resin melt to the nail surface before inhaling too hard but this is extremely tasty! Anyone with full melt should definitely consider this if they are against enails.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

s-l64.jpg
Got this whole EVO package from a really cool guy actually. :tup: He had to quit using his EVO due to the worsening condition of his ALS but I'm going to invite him to the Forum.
He is a 10 year vapist and uses an Arizer Solo with this arm and control of his joystick. Has a modified S&B Plenty too. Had

He has a facebook page for Bsquared. Where he sells his themed folk art. Collage cut outs of images cut out in butterfly shape outlines with corks as bodies. What an interesting day I had today....
12017455_1634651420135832_6387056309159636884_o.jpg

Getting to know the odd light the EVO can indicate.

Had the red/green flashing happen when I was using the nail with ISO Reclaim. Turned it on/off to reboot. Whew.

When I preheat at 3:00 then dial back to 12:00, the red light seems a lot more intense then in preheat red mode.

I have it blink red/green a brief second then go full green. Like it is trying to edge over a threshold.

What is a good water level for a turbo?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Never leave any small water in the bottom half of the HT or any tube. It will cause hot spots and conduct heat. I'm guessing.

You won't get any "hot spots" from how the water in your HT is situated. ;)

Had the red/green flashing happen when I was using the nail with ISO Reclaim. Turned it on/off to reboot. Whew.

That's the auto-shutoff that happens after an hour or so. You've already figured out the remedy, I see. :p

Congrats on the Evo. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.:tup:

:peace:

CuckFumbustion

That's the auto-shutoff that happens after an hour or so. You've already figured out the remedy, I see. :p
Oh thought it was something more serious.

I'm trying to get in the habit of taking the turbine off the evo to clear it. If I leave it there too long It can get warm for me. Using an old cd spindle as a hydropad.
Congrats on the Evo. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.:tup:
Thanks, so far so swimmingly. Getting the EVO kit and getting to know the seller was fun alone. Surprised it happened so early. Had a lot of help and research so that I was comfortable enough buying a used unit. Thanks for your help FCers and thanks FC!:clap:

@CuckFumbustion whats your thoughts on the taste compared to the eq???
Still trying to get thing correct. Having a few less than the impressive 5+ white vapor seshs. But I only had it for a short while. If I can get most seshs like the two that really worked out. Then ,I can say that I see what others have been raving about. I am impressed with it and the turbine too.

Do think there is a method of starting the draw then about a third of the way in choose your speed. Any thoughts? Also going to try some teas that are more subtle in flavor. Low temp range.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: TboneToker
Top Bottom