Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I emailed vapexhale support about my light issue earlier, just to be sure I didn't have an issue, I also mentioned that my unit seems to run hotter.

I used to start at 12 and finishing at 2.
But with evo#2, I start at 11 and finish at 12.

Anyway they replied, about the light going green, then red for 30 secs then green again finally, they said......

"As far as the lights, this is normal unit diversity, some of the units light sensors and heat sensors will react to eachother in the way you mentioned. no need to worry there.

As for the temperature settings, each unit may have a little bit of difference with the temp dial but will not cause for worry."

So who else's evo behaves this way during initial heat up?

Mine did the 'Hit green and almost immediately go red for a couple seconds before going back to green' almost every time for the first week. Now it does it maybe once every few weeks. Never really bothered me. I just took it for granted that the firmware and hardware were temp sensitive and lining the temp up. I prefer that 'sensitivity'. The room I use the EVO swings pretty wide temp wise so my guess is that was what might be causing the difference in how the lights responded.

As far as what temps I use - It's pretty much been start at 12 (default nitch as far as I can tell) and finish off between 12 and 2 or 3 depending on herb. Sometimes I don't need a prime hit to get decent clouds and other times it takes till the second hit to get cloudy. Again...it seems like herb is the deciding factor.

klynn

Mine does the same kellya not all the time but once a week or so will show green then not even 10 sec later show red. then back to green like 30 sec later. what i thinks happening is its getting too hot and its getting confused cuz its already heated up but just a tad over temp so if you were to turn it up a bit itl turn green and that the temp its at so that extra 30 sec is it cooling down in my opinion til its right temp. thats how i see it anyway. exactly what pyro said basically. i have a few other things that have heaters and sensors that react the exact way. happens to me cuz mine sits right under my ac blowing on it so it fluctuates the temp a bit

Last edited:

Likes2vape

I emailed vapexhale support about my light issue earlier, just to be sure I didn't have an issue, I also mentioned that my unit seems to run hotter.

Anyway they replied, about the light going green, then red for 30 secs then green again finally, they said......

"As far as the lights, this is normal unit diversity, some of the units light sensors and heat sensors will react to eachother in the way you mentioned. no need to worry there.

As for the temperature settings, each unit may have a little bit of difference with the temp dial but will not cause for worry."

Mine does and has since I got it. If I turn the dial up just slightly after it goes back to red it changes back to green.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, all of my EVOs. Seems their PSD (or PID) temperature control prefers heat up speed, so it heats a lot when you change the temp up (the "D" is large).
That's a typical behavious of a lot of thermostats using that scheme.
That also means it will overshoot when you turn the dial up. But cooling down is not so fast, so no overshoots on dial downs.
This is my drawing of what is happening:
HxzTsnA.png

The curve is the actual temperature of the EVO, and th LED is green when its inside the green area - desired temp.

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer

Mine too. Normal. And for the record, I experience similar ranges on my temp dial as you do also. I can't go past about 1 o'clock on mine, or I get black ABV that is not pleasant.

justvapin,
Reactions: kellya86

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hi all.
I've been reading thru this thread for the past month since I received my EVO+hydrahoneycomb from vapefiend and finally finished with all 500+ pages LOL. Learned alot about the device and how to use it. I would like to ask some advices.

I like you already...you could probably answer some of our questions now!

Southern Chef

After a long while watching this thread I finally decided to pull the trigger.

WOW!

Straight out of the box with standard mouthpiece
No burnoff
Zero learning curve
Noon on the dial
Massive near bong quality clouds
Smooth and cool even w/o a water piece

I've owned and used some pretty nice vapes so I don't impress easily. I'm impressed.

Herbie is going to get a well deserved rest. Possibly a long rest once I figure out how to connect the EVO to my Vape Bros bubbler.

Lastly, I never would have bought the EVO without the input from the awesome folks at FC. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post here.

Vapor Trails

I sent this as a recommendation to VapeXhale for their prototype that is currently in production. Let me know what you guys think about the 2 feautres. I have a couple other ideas I sent, but curious what you guys think:

"Please read my recommendation on allowing a mode to allow the user to specify a starting and stopping temperature (very minor digital programming), along with the ability to set the exact amount of hits the user desires. The unit would simply calculate this (the user specified number of pulls desired) as how many heat increments to climb before reaching user specified maximum temperature. This takes all guesswork out of how a users session will go. Example: I want to start at what would currently be considered 9:00, but I want to end my session at the current analog 2:30, and I specific 10 draws/heat increments to go from 9:00 to 2:30. The unit would see the temp range from point A to B (in this scenario) as 6 1/2 (including 9:00), then simply divide by (the user specified amount of desired draws in the session) by 10. In this scenario the unit would move up what would be considered an analog of 00:55 heat increments per draw. Can you imagine customers on forums saying "I set my EVO to start and end between 8:30-2:30 with it set for 15 increments, and I seriously did get visible vapor for 15 hits off of a 0.10!"? What company has anything that efficient, advanced, and that customizable?

VERY IMPORTANT - CARB HOLE FOR LOWER/DRY HYDRA CHAMBER WITH INCLUDED RUBBER PLUGS SO THE USER DOES NOT EVER HAVE TO REMOVE THE GLASS IN A SESSION TO CLEAR THE HYDRA: Have your glass guys just make a simple hole in the bottom/dry vapor chamber so the HydraTubes can be carbed. I seriously feel like I am exercising just to constantly remove the hydra, clear it, set it down, then remount it, and then repeat this process at least 4-6 times per little basket, when it should only have to be stirred once toward the end of a basket, meaning a user would have to use maybe 50% of the effort to use this vaporizer if it had a carb hole in the dry chamber. IF you take my low profile bowl adapter seriously, stirring would be completely eliminated, and the user could then go thru a full session with absolutely zero stirring, bending, and never have to remove the glass unless they need to set it down."

Ill explain the low profile herb chamber, later. Thoughts on the Hit and temp range mode feature and carb?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I suggested a carb on the lower section of the hydratube on here once, but nobody thought it was a good idea :shrug:
Old bong habit I guess.
I usually hit my baskets once before dumping anyway and never leave my hydratube sitting on top of my Evo

Last edited:

tbill

To save me from a lengthy search, could someone please tell me the best way to "adjust" a too tight ELB?

tbill,

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
That's my thoughts as well. I never leave my tube sitting on the Evo, as it makes it too easy to topple. And would fear a joint lock. I also wonder if the tube clears better/quicker when the rush of air comes from the middle of the tube as a result of lifting it, not just a single hole on one side (which seems to cause a bit of a swirl IME)?

justvapin,

Vapor Trails

I meant while holding the device. So, for those who do want to sit, actually relax and have a full session without removing their glass once, they can. Many people must want this, because I see people getting lazier and leaving their EVO inverted for an entire session in a bong all because they dont want to work just to vape a basket. The way it is with no carb forces constant removal for anyone that goes thru the temp ranges for more pulls vs 1-2. There's no negative. It would even make a port to add alcohol and salt to the bottom chamber easier. It adds an option that is simple and what smokers are accustomed to as standard (does even a $10 glass hand pipe come uncarbed anymore?) to further conserve by clearing a chamber sooner. I don't think glass will bind in the time it takes the EVO to climb from 9:00-2:30 if someone has it in an automated mode to go thru the heat cycle. My Hydratube sits on a stand all day, and it comes loose when I need it. Never sticks. If you're concerned of heat causing it to lock, you're not even holding the vaping temp at the joint while the glass is just sitting on the device. The heat is much lower. So, chances of locking a hydratube to the cool 18mm joint is going to happen about as often as the HydraTube gets bound to a pedestal. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't recall anyone saying "My Hydratube set on a pedestal for 6 months and it's locked" and I had to send it off to VapeXhale. Anyhow, carbing is just a feature. Of course if the unit is put down during a session I do seperate everything because it is top heavy with glass, but I absolutely hate when I am in pain and wake up with extreme tremors to remove the pain and tremors, and have to remove the glass and bend forward to set the glass down for every single draw. This often makes me have to vape 2x (literally) as much to medicate. It is devastating when in pain, and suddenly not just a simple carb option to be desired by a user with needs like this to any degree. With an included rubber plug, folks who still want to blast it, can, but would always have the option to carb and conserve, or simply inhale the amount they prefer instead of waiting to see no more vapor entering the glass. No negative for either type of user to have an option; the ripper or the sipper.

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,

YungLeaner

I meant while holding the device. So, for those who do want to sit, actually relax and have a full session without removing their glass once, they can. Many people must want this, because I see people getting lazier and leaving their EVO inverted for an entire session in a bong all because they dont want to work just to vape a basket. The way it is with no carb forces constant removal for anyone that goes thru the temp ranges for more pulls vs 1-2. There's no negative. It would even make a port to add alcohol and salt to the bottom chamber easier. It adds an option that is simple and what smokers are accustomed to as standard (does even a $10 glass hand pipe come uncarbed anymore?) to further conserve by clearing a chamber sooner. I don't think glass will bind in the time it takes the EVO to climb from 9:00-2:30 if someone has it in an automated mode to go thru the heat cycle. My Hydratube sits on a stand all day, and it comes loose when I need it. Never sticks. If you're concerned of heat causing it to lock, you're not even holding the vaping temp at the joint while the glass is just sitting on the device. The heat is much lower. So, chances of locking a hydratube to the cool 18mm joint is going to happen about as often as the HydraTube gets bound to a pedestal. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't recall anyone saying "My Hydratube set on a pedestal for 6 months and it's locked" and I had to send it off to VapeXhale. Anyhow, carbing is just a feature. Of course if the unit is put down during a session I do seperate everything because it is top heavy with glass, but I absolutely hate when I am in pain and wake up with extreme tremors to remove the pain and tremors, and have to remove the glass and bend forward to set the glass down for every single draw. This often makes me have to vape 2x (literally) as much to medicate. It is devastating when in pain, and suddenly not just a simple carb option to be desired by a user with needs like this to any degree. With an included rubber plug, folks who still want to blast it, can, but would always have the option to carb and conserve, or simply inhale the amount they prefer instead of waiting to see no more vapor entering the glass. No negative for either type of user to have an option; the ripper or the sipper.
I think a good way to DIY this functionality would be a custom gong adapter with a carb. People get them for their E-Nano from different glassblower around here and all you would need is 18m-18f with a protruding hollow "bowl handle" to be plugged with your finger.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Do I have evo trouble.....?
When I turn on my evo to warm up, it goes to green after a while, but only for a few seconds, then goes red again for a good 30 seconds...

Should I be sending this one back.....

If so, I'm getting pretty sick of this...

Are all evo's created equal????

This one seems to run a little hotter....

I've had to back off a notch to achieve the same avb as my last evo...

And the vapour starts quicker, almost instantly now...hardly any need for a primer draw....

No, you probably don't have EVO trouble. The temp is just getting close enough to your setting to just momentarily reach green, then it needs a little more time to sustain the temp. Only become concerned if it is not fully heating and still goes green. And btw, very infrequently my unit will do something a little weird with the LED; it gets confused. Toggling the switch off/on takes care of it. Nothing to be concerned over.

Yes, all EVO's are created equal but all units do not behave exactly the same, even though the performance is the same. The principal reason is that the diameter of the orifices in the bamboo chamber cannot be exactly the same one to the next because the manufacturing process does not permit that level of precision. There is a spec of course which is a tight range, and each EVO is checked to ensure that the bamboo is within that range. A variation in the bamboo will result in less/more air flow and affect actual chamber temperature. That is reflected in the VXL dial/temp range chart. So, all other things being equal, a user may get the same result on one EVO set at 1 as another EVO set at 2. That's why all new users learn to "dial in" their particular unit. Sounds like your unit is working perfectly.

:myday::peace:

Vapor Trails

I think a good way to DIY this functionality would be a custom gong adapter with a carb. People get them for their E-Nano from different glassblower around here and all you would need is 18m-18f with a protruding hollow "bowl handle" to be plugged with your finger.
This is for implementation into VapeXhale's new prototype currently working it's way to beta. I was sent a survey asking different features that a customer would like to see added. There would be no adapters required. Was just hoping someone would like the idea :)

I think I'm going to be getting quite a bit of glass work done for several devices by @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd - Joda, tho, for sure. I may see if he's willing to make me either a carb hole in my Hydra chamber, also, or mount some form of a stub or handle with a carb hole to the dry chamber entrance of the vapor from the EVO. Definitely getting some custom Joda, bent and side/glass bowl style E-Nano stems, and perhaps a standing J-Hook with feet! :love: :brow:

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,

Vital

That was a great example how to use the EVO.

@Bravesst (BACK DRAFT) I always think of that movie when I think of you.

Of all the vaporiser's I have the EVO is my flavor master.

SHATTER is abundant and CHEAP and I have WAX PENS and such however the QUARTS NAILS are my favorite. (not for everyone however for me they are wonderful)!

When you get your EVO you will be close to the "HOLY GRAIL"!

EVO is CIVILIZED

I like a bigger can with SHATTER. Small cans are for weaker units like a portable.
That's my disagreement. (I don't matter actually)! However I use a larger can for my NAILS.

WbuCbaE.jpg

I was curious, what is that part from Epic that almost looks like a little light bulb in this picture?

Vital,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom