Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

UnidenWallet

Just placed an order for the "big" hydra bomb knockoff. Thinking that might be a home run piece for me as the original bomb was a bit too small for my liking. Why have such a small can when this machine belches out such huge clouds? Had a good evening with some bho and the FC UFO.

It is a definite winner :D Its like using the previous design from the original.

FY2w0bE.jpg

Last edited:

YungLeaner

Has anyone here paid for a bamboo replacement that could give me a reasonable ETA on turnaround? I've been burned too many times with vape companies just holding onto my vape for months at a time, claiming repairs were coming soon.

I'm more confident in VXL than other companies, but a little peace of mind would be great regarding how long repairs generally take.

YungLeaner,
Reactions: justvapin

Trypsy Summers

I can be very vocal!

Sorry to be so outrageous!

The EVO kicked my ass today with FLAVOR!

I have a "EQ" and like it as well.
However the EVO is a step above.

This is my bias option.
I have both and like them both for different uses.

I know my opinion does not matter in the real world!

However I like my world! (you may not)?

I like CIVILIZED living!

That my friend is a true sound! However! In light of the fact that you've highlighted my post, I get the distinct impression that you see me as some kind of EQ arch-advocate!,
Now I ain't saying, but just for the avoidance of doubt, I personally rate the EVO, but I also don't underrate the Arizer EQ, which, incidentally, I rarely use, as my significant other uses that most evenings to alleviate the fibromyalgia.
Btw the EVO (in combination with Chemdog aka Guard Dog) signed me off into oblivion last night.
Lets just say that I am not in any particular camp, when it comes to what I consider to be the BIG League, as I rate them all, but I would say that I seem to gravitate to the Volcano during the day and the EVO in the evenings, not 100%, but I would say for nine times out of ten, that is the case!

Not saying:|, Just saying:|, Without saying:2c:,

Peace

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Has anyone here paid for a bamboo replacement that could give me a reasonable ETA on turnaround? I've been burned too many times with vape companies just holding onto my vape for months at a time, claiming repairs were coming soon.

I'm more confident in VXL than other companies, but a little peace of mind would be great regarding how long repairs generally take.

I wouldn't hesitate asking VXL, I'm sure they have an "average" or "quoted" turnaround. From comments on this thread, I gather that about a week is typical, rarely two or more. About a year after release I sent my unit in to replace just the switch and, because VXL has upgraded all the guts, they replaced all the innards, too (all under warranty). That took 2 weeks. Now I suspect that they stock the entire upper section as a sub-assembly so to replace the bamboo they are just swapping in that entire assembly, which would make the repair quick and relatively easy. What can gobble up more time is the shipping. Since it needs to be in a sufficient size box that can get expensive they try to keep that cost down. Last I looked VXL was using Priority Mail which depending on your location can take 3 or 4 days, so shipping both ways can easily add a week or so. Shipping from/to Canada is another story, apparently can be a PITA.

:myday::peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I get the distinct impression that you see me as some kind of EQ arch-advocate!,

What's the problem with this? I love the EQ and always will. I still recommend it to many people, and will always own one...

I'm not ashamed of my love for the EQ....

The evo is definitely a better vape, but the EQ was my first and best vape for a year. It fucked combustion for me, and has some well earned sentimental value....

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
What's the problem with this? I love the EQ and always will. I still recommend it to many people, and will always own one...

I'm not ashamed of my love for the EQ....

The evo is definitely a better vape, but the EQ was my first and best vape for a year. It fucked combustion for me, and has some well earned sentimental value....
I think that's why I love my Evo so much, because it's my first desktop vape

that... and the fact that it gets me to where i need to be quicker than my other vapes :science::leaf:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That my friend is a true sound! However! In light of the fact that you've highlighted my post, I get the distinct impression that you see me as some kind of EQ arch-advocate!,
Now I ain't saying, but just for the avoidance of doubt, I personally rate the EVO, but I also don't underrate the Arizer EQ, which, incidentally, I rarely use, as my significant other uses that most evenings to alleviate the fibromyalgia.
Btw the EVO (in combination with Chemdog aka Guard Dog) signed me off into oblivion last night.
Lets just say that I am not in any particular camp, when it comes to what I consider to be the BIG League, as I rate them all, but I would say that I seem to gravitate to the Volcano during the day and the EVO in the evenings, not 100%, but I would say for nine times out of ten, that is the case!

Not saying:|, Just saying:|, Without saying:2c:,

Peace
Seriousness = you give me too much credit!
I liked what you said period!

I use a "Q" with a @DDave kit and love it.
My EVO I moved it down stairs just to mix it up a bit?
Breaking GonG's was getting out of control. (waste of $$$)
The SS BASKETS are better for me.
Since I do a lot of SHATTER the QUARTZ NAIL''S are OMG!

Very satisfied was the result.

I have many vapes I love that I don't mention at all. (unfairly)

Vaporizers are over priced HAIR DRYERS.

CANNABIS is the "HOLY GRAIL"!

My HERB IRON is the cheapest and best, however not as precise?

We are all part of a TRIBE!
IT's not vaporizer choice?
CANNABIS = CIVILIZATION

With my disease life would not be worth living without it!

@kellya86 does that make sense? (I express my ideal as I have my morning coffee)

Last edited:

crashck

Whelp, having an electronic smell after cleaning the evo. It heats up fine and gets to the right temp. I've smelled it before cleaning if I were to just smell the evo heated up but now it seems more apparent. What's my best course of action?

Last edited:

UnidenWallet

Does anyone know what is the width in millimeters of the bottom for the ELBs and the VapeXnails? I'm going to make myself a wooden stand for my equipment. :D

UnidenWallet,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Does anyone know what is the width in millimeters of the bottom for the ELBs and the VapeXnails? I'm going to make myself a wooden stand for my equipment. :D

If your gonna build a wooden stand, your gonna need a tape measure or steel rule...
And you already have the equipment....

Put the 2 together man....

This seems super lazy....

I could easily grab an elb and measure it right now....

Fuck it, I will...

The bottom of the elb appears to be 11.5mm diameter...

The nail is 10mm...

Now would you like me to build it?

I'm only messing..... hope this helped...

UnidenWallet

If your gonna build a wooden stand, your gonna need a tape measure or steel rule...
And you already have the equipment....

Put the 2 together man....

This seems super lazy....

I could easily grab an elb and measure it right now....

Fuck it, I will...

The nail is 10mm...

Now would you like me to build it?

I'm only messing..... hope this helped...

No. I needed these measurements because I'm going to contract a woodworker to mass produce these, so other users here can enjoy it as well. He can stain the wood and sand it making it look far better than I would; but WOW thanks for assuming I would build it; and then acting like a smartass about it.

I'm only messing with you.

oldiebutgoodie

Whelp, having an electronic smell after cleaning the evo. It heats up fine and gets to the right temp. I've smelled it before cleaning if I were to just smell the evo heated up but now it seems more apparent. What's my best course of action?

Users occasionally report this with a new unit. It should dissipate soon, certainly no longer than a few days. If it doesn't - which is very rare - you can inquire directly to VXL for advice/comfort, or just give dopefiend a call. In the meantime, don't give it a second thought.

crashck

Users occasionally report this with a new unit. It should dissipate soon, certainly no longer than a few days. If it doesn't - which is very rare - you can inquire directly to VXL for advice/comfort, or just give dopefiend a call. In the meantime, don't give it a second thought.

I've had it a couple weeks though and used it thoroughly. Can't figure out how cleaning the bamboo would make the smell stronger without it being something wrong.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've had it a couple weeks though and used it thoroughly. Can't figure out how cleaning the bamboo would make the smell stronger without it being something wrong.

What does it smell like? Any taste issues? You mentioned water....how did you use the water to clean it?

Maybe try a few max temp burn-offs for 5 minutes a piece.

crashck

What does it smell like? Any taste issues? You mentioned water....how did you use the water to clean it?

Maybe try a few max temp burn-offs for 5 minutes a piece.
I put the silicone cap on the bottom of the bamboo then filled with alcohol first. Left it and then I rinsed it with water. I had a plastic bag with a hole in it that I taped around the top of the bamboo when pouring so that nothing would get into the electronic opening of the Evo. Additionally, I have tried max temp burn-offs this morning, but the smell is still there. I have not used the Evo today so I can't comment on taste issues. The smell is sort of a hot electronics/ hot heater smell, but no one else seems to say that their heater has a smell.

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
You've probably really measured the bottom which was slightly round.
I've measured all of my ELBs to be 12mm (I have flattened their bottoms and so they are perfectly cylindrical).
So the ELB holder should be 12mm or else you could not slide it in completely.
The inner diameter of the bamboo is also 12mm so the ELB fits.
Actually I think I would even recommed 13mm for ELBs so they don't fit tightly.
Yo don't need/want ELBs to fit tighly in your holder and grind the wooden walls and be difficult to get out etc.
They are only supposed to fit tightly in the bamboo so they stay there when you hit it.
The nail is 10mm...
I second that. And I would recommed 11mm actually here too for the same reason.

Last edited:

waxdab23

I put the silicone cap on the bottom of the bamboo then filled with alcohol first. Left it and then I rinsed it with water. I had a plastic bag with a hole in it that I taped around the top of the bamboo when pouring so that nothing would get into the electronic opening of the Evo. Additionally, I have tried max temp burn-offs this morning, but the smell is still there. I have not used the Evo today so I can't comment on taste issues. The smell is sort of a hot electronics/ hot heater smell, but no one else seems to say that their heater has a smell.

Are you sure the smell isn't coming from the neoprene sleeve? Those have a weird smell when they're new.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

If it isn't affecting the taste then it might just be some small amount of ISO and water that got onto something other than the bamboo that hasn't evaporated and/or is getting heated. My heater/bamboo does emit a very very minor smell. Kinda like the smell of a very small amount of reclaim off in the distance. I've only used concentrate once and it had that minuscule reclaim smell before using the concentrate.

His_Highness,

oldiebutgoodie

My apologies, I confused you with a different more recent owner. Have you been using concentrates with the nail?

oldiebutgoodie,

crashck

Are you sure the smell isn't coming from the neoprene sleeve? Those have a weird smell when they're new.

I tried taking that off and heating it. I still had the smell. :(

If it isn't affecting the taste then it might just be some small amount of ISO and water that got onto something other than the bamboo that hasn't evaporated and/or is getting heated. My heater/bamboo does emit a very very minor smell. Kinda like the smell of a very small amount of reclaim off in the distance. I've only used concentrate once and it had that minuscule reclaim smell before using the concentrate.

If I don't put my nose really close to the Evo, then I don't notice any smell. I'd guess that if I was hitting off a hydratube I wouldn't even know that there was a smell. If it were more serious electric/plastic burning type fumes it would smell more strongly right?

My apologies, I confused you with a different more recent owner. Have you been using concentrates with the nail?

Yes, that's how I initially got the bamboo so dirty. First time using concentrates I put way too big of concentrates in the nail and it dirtied up the bamboo real quickly.

Top Bottom