Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I tried taking that off and heating it. I still had the smell. :(

If I don't put my nose really close to the Evo, then I don't notice any smell. I'd guess that if I was hitting off a hydratube I wouldn't even know that there was a smell. If it were more serious electric/plastic burning type fumes it would smell more strongly right?

I also have to put my nose around an inch from the bamboo top to smell what I was describing as 'minor reclaim smell'...kind of musky, with a slightly burnt undertone. It's not really strong on mine.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I also have to put my nose around an inch from the bamboo top to smell what I was describing as 'minor reclaim smell'...kind of musky, with a slightly burnt undertone. It's not really strong on mine.
WhILE you OBSESS with smell let me say:

OG KUSH SHATTER (very tiny piece) + QUARTS NAIL + EVO @12 = CIVILIZED
Through a CALIFORNIA Custom HYDROTUBE = UNREAL

Now I understand why SOME BUD TENDER'S have the EVO only?
They get medicated however collecting is not their thing!

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
If I don't put my nose really close to the Evo, then I don't notice any smell. I'd guess that if I was hitting off a hydratube I wouldn't even know that there was a smell. If it were more serious electric/plastic burning type fumes it would smell more strongly right?

Yes, that's how I initially got the bamboo so dirty. First time using concentrates I put way too big of concentrates in the nail and it dirtied up the bamboo real quickly.

Yes, if any of the electronics then very likely the smell you would be quite noticeable. You may have a nose like my wife's; I'm amazed at what she can smell that I do not (and my nose is one of the few good working parts I've got left).

My suspicion is that you still have some burned on residue from the concentrates. That could take a long time to come off with iso. It may just burn off eventually by itself. You could put in a call to VXL and ask what they suggest; certainly you aren't the first to overload the nail such that it spills concentrates down the bamboo. Good luck.

:peace::peace:

Moogly

hey, FC! long time no see.

i used to be really into vaping and had a DDave modded EQ about two years ago, and a DBV, and a solo. eventually went back to combustion because i just love bongs (im a glassblower by trade. love glass.) and now im looking at the Evo.

im like 99% sure im going to buy it because i really need to cut back on herb and i miss the fun hobby of vaporizing, but im super confused on the load size of an ELB. ive heard things literally all over the place. im a cloud chaser so id be using it at higher temps, and i would be packing ideally one rip at a time just like when i smoke my bong.

ive heard lots of people say a bowl is .1, a bowl is .2, i've even heard .3 but then ive heard another, not insignificant amount of people say a bowl is .05, or once i even read someone say it was as low as .015???? that seems insane! .12 is how much a fat rip in my bong is, so im just trying to figure out if it will actually help me cut back, im already sold on the idea that it will perform better than my old modded EQ or DBV, but im skeptical about efficiancy. can anyone shed some light on this?

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
.12 is how much a fat rip in my bong is, so im just trying to figure out if it will actually help me cut back,
First of all, when you combust, half your medicine goes up in flames and is destroyed.

I use a .1 load in my ELBs, for massive hits, and get multiple hits, that are stone cold killers. People do experiment with much lighter ELB fills and have tremendous success. Time will tell as you use your new EVO and become accustomed to it and its effects.

You MUST clean your system out from smoking for 90-120 days before you realize what vaping can be. Less toxic chemicals means a cleaner high, lighter and more cerebral, than smoking.

If you love glass then you will love EVO as it is made to work with glass. Your just not going to be burning your medicine.

Moogly

And while you will get amazing clouds, they will be nothing compared to what you get with combustion.

yeah im sold that it will make clouds to my liking. the first hit off my DDAVE eq was always very milky. last question i think.... you guys mention multiple hits out of those .1 bowls. they're really ALL milky?? is there even a noticable difference between say hit 1 and hit 2? because in my EQ as great as it would milk the first hit, everything after was lackluster through water (for my preferences. it was a wonderful vape.)

KimDracula

My typical ELB is between .15 and .2. I fill them about half to two-thirds full with finely ground herb. You could go a little bigger or quite a bit less and get great results. I think you'll find it more versatile than the EQ.

You MUST clean your system out from smoking for 90-120 days before you realize what vaping can be. Less toxic chemicals means a cleaner high, lighter and more cerebral, than smoking.

Many swear by this cleansing period (usually not recommended to be so long) before vaping can be appreciated. I didn't find it necessary. The EQ got me off combustion immediately. Some have a different experience though, it seems.

EDIT: Yeah, there is some minimal variance to the clouds as you progress. The first rip from a newly turned-on EVO for the first sesh is like a primer. Then you'll get the milky ones until your bud is exhausted and gives you the last thin rip. I take fairly big rips and will get at least four good ones.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The EQ got me off combustion immediately. Some have a different experience though, it seems.
Yes which is why I recommend the clean out period which has been demonstrated to be necessary in most situations. You never know who is on the other end of this medium of exchange and what their body/metabolism may be doing.

Moogly

as much as id love to take a tolerance break and do a full cleanse, i have cyclic vomiting syndrome and while i dont get sick immediately without it, the shift quickly calls in a CVS attack and its just too painful to resist the easy medication :/ :(

i was very satisfied with my EQ and used it with my bong for al ong time. back then i had much more simple pieces, but the eq was about 90% as good as i wanted it to be in a perfect world. if the Vapexhale is better than the EQ by any amount that is noticable, im pretty certain i will be satisfied with the vapor or at the very least can retire my flower pieces it may not be able to fully milk in favor of hash pipes i rarely use because i dont really like to dab. dont get me wrong, im sure ill have it at 1-3 o clock on the dial, but im only a little worried about cloud size. someone had mentioned it not being as much as combustion. im totally aware, my only real want is for it to milk the piece to the point where i cant see all the way through to the other side of the glass. it doesn't need to be super dense or thick, just thick enough to fill the piece.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
as much as id love to take a tolerance break and do a full cleanse, i have cyclic vomiting syndrome and while i dont get sick immediately without it, the shift quickly calls in a CVS attack and its just too painful to resist the easy medication :/ :(
You don't have to stop vaping during this process, just smoking. Vape all you want, just don't smoke. If you do it can set you back or make you start over again. Its a gradual change, everyone is different.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
yeah im sold that it will make clouds to my liking. the first hit off my DDAVE eq was always very milky. last question i think.... you guys mention multiple hits out of those .1 bowls. they're really ALL milky?? is there even a noticable difference between say hit 1 and hit 2? because in my EQ as great as it would milk the first hit, everything after was lackluster through water (for my preferences. it was a wonderful vape.)
I did not start smoking JOINTS until 1970. So compared to many on this site I'm a rookie.
I have so many vaporizers however the EVO TASTE amazing.
Effect is pretty fukin great.m If you like the effect as I do?
I tried to reduce my usage.
Now I went from a OZ a week to OZ per MONTH.
I am addicted to SHATTER so the QUART'S NAIL'S are useful. (Love them)
Now I set it up downstairs and glad I did. I'm into tall COLAS so it's fugal to me?

To smoke JOINTS would be so cool however the vaporizer spoiled me?
VAPORIZER = CIVILIZED = EVO

@Moogly saw JUNGLE BOOK last night and thought of you surviving the elements!

Last edited:

subway13029

You will have zero problem filling your piece..as long as the herb is decent then the evo on noon will milk a piece..on 3 it will straight milk a piece..not just 1 hit either..

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Do I have evo trouble.....?
When I turn on my evo to warm up, it goes to green after a while, but only for a few seconds, then goes red again for a good 30 seconds...

Should I be sending this one back.....

If so, I'm getting pretty sick of this...

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Do I have evo trouble.....?
When I turn on my evo to warm up, it goes to green after a while, but only for a few seconds, then goes red again for a good 30 seconds...

Should I be sending this one back.....

If so, I'm getting pretty sick of this...
If it goes green again it should be fine.
It sounds like it's just hit the temp and overshot so it turns the heater off again to cool off to the correct temp.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Thanks @Pyr0, was a little worried....
But this makes sense....

Are all evo's created equal????

This one seems to run a little hotter....

I've had to back off a notch to achieve the same avb as my last evo...

And the vapour starts quicker, almost instantly now...hardly any need for a primer draw....

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Thanks @Pyr0, was a little worried....
But this makes sense....

Are all evo's created equal????

This one seems to run a little hotter....

I've had to back off a notch to achieve the same avb as my last evo...

And the vapour starts quicker, almost instantly now...hardly any need for a primer draw....

I wish I could answer but I've only ever tried one.. :shrug:
but with it being an analogue dial, I would presume that there could be slight variances during manufacture.
I think I've also read of people sending them in for recalibration when they haven't been working correctly.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
...im super confused on the load size of an ELB. ive heard things literally all over the place...
...ive heard lots of people say a bowl is .1, a bowl is .2, i've even heard .3 but then ive heard another, not insignificant amount of people say a bowl is .05, or once i even read someone say it was as low as .015???? that seems insane! .12 is how much a fat rip in my bong is, so im just trying to figure out if it will actually help me cut back, im already sold on the idea that it will perform better than my old modded EQ or DBV, but im skeptical about efficiancy. can anyone shed some light on this?...
...as much as id love to take a tolerance break and do a full cleanse, i have cyclic vomiting syndrome and while i dont get sick immediately without it, the shift quickly calls in a CVS attack and its just too painful to resist the easy medication :/ :(...
You've heard things all over the place because:
1) Every one doses very differenty, everyone have very different tolerance and very different level of high trying to achieve (and also different mj strains).
Without tolerance, 0.02g can get one nicely high yet functional. But you could also have a tolerance and desire a heavy couch-lock and vape 0.2g for that.
I've been recently experimenting with lowering the tolerance with doses with as good results as you can read in this thread.
"Less is more" maybe sounds crazy at first, but its actually true if you do the math and practice.
If your condition doesn't need high doses, you could try that too.
It desn't require stopping dosing, just slowly lowering the doses over time and not messing it up with a compulsive 0.2g bowl.
Lowering your tolerance with self-discipline in dosing can save you even more mj that swithing to vaping.
2) The second reason is just because the unit can deal with any size of the load very well, so any load is "right".

...im a cloud chaser so id be using it at higher temps, and i would be packing ideally one rip at a time just like when i smoke my bong.
If you want to the biggest cloud exhales, you actually have to do the exact opposite.
More herb in the ELB gives more clouds (in both density and quantity so its also not gonna be one-hit bowl).
But you can also get very decent clouds from a tiny one-hit bowls. The fuller aones are just bigger.
And second, this could also seem crazy at first and I actuially have no explanation for this - for bigger clouds you set the temp LOWER.
High temps milk your piece thick-white, taste harsher, but the exhale is somehow smaller.
When you take a rip on lower temp, the piece doesn't milk as much, usually more like semi-transparent blue-white.
It will be so smooth you will probably not even feel any harshness on the exhale at all and the exhaled clouds are for some reason much denser than on high temps.
Maybe the high temp vapor has larger particles that stick to lung faster therefore less to exhale, I don't know.

...but the eq was about 90% as good as i wanted it to be in a perfect world. if the Vapexhale is better than the EQ by any amount that is noticable...
I could relate to this, I also had the EQ, which was my first desktop before the EVO. I don't like the bowl design on the EQ, which is very impractical and not optimally performing. You need mod to make it better.
That could relate to your "90 percent ideal", I was feeling the same. The bowl is too big and weird shape on the EQ and the hot air doesn't go through eveny, so you have to stir.
EVO is much better and much user-friendlier. It works 100 percent how it should from the start without any need for mods. The bowl will efficiently vaporize any load from 0 to 0.3g.
It will vape any size bowl better and faster than EQ and you don't even have to stir. I only use EQ when there are people around and I want to use a silicon hose - then the wide base of EQ makes it safer. Or when I want to vape a HUGE bowl, that couldn't fit into one ELB - typically very weak material like leaves etc.

Last edited:

djurodjakovic

Hi all.
I've been reading thru this thread for the past month since I received my EVO+hydrahoneycomb from vapefiend and finally finished with all 500+ pages LOL. Learned alot about the device and how to use it. I would like to ask some advices.

I'm very happy with my unit and hope I will not have any problems I've encountered here, like melting down or cracked bamboo.

I usually use it once per day for 10-30 minutes (1 ELB, 1/4 or 1/3).
For herb I start with 9 and every second inhale I turn it a bit until I reach 12 or 1.

I need advice for further improvement on lowering the harshness of vapor. both me and my wife have a cough problem if we take long inhales at temp higher that 10 (where the flavor is incredible BTW :-)) for about 8-10 seconds (at the limit before whistle). I was thinking going the hydrabase bomb road (I think it's discontinued :-(). would that cure our problem at least to extent? The piece is very expensive so I don't want to spend and discover it didn't help at all. I also tried hot RO water in the HT and it's much better than cold/room temp water.

what about new base bomb from DHgate? which version would you sugest (I have seen 3)?

BTW does vapefiend usually have some discount's around christmas time so maybe I could wait for that so I don't murder my wallet and than my wife murders me?

regards

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi all.
I've been reading thru this thread for the past month since I received my EVO+hydrahoneycomb from vapefiend and finally finished with all 500+ pages LOL. Learned alot about the device and how to use it. I would like to ask some advices.

I'm very happy with my unit and hope I will not have any problems I've encountered here, like melting down or cracked bamboo.

I usually use it once per day for 10-30 minutes (1 ELB, 1/4 or 1/3).
For herb I start with 9 and every second inhale I turn it a bit until I reach 12 or 1.

I need advice for further improvement on lowering the harshness of vapor. both me and my wife have a cough problem if we take long inhales at temp higher that 10 (where the flavor is incredible BTW :-)) for about 8-10 seconds (at the limit before whistle). I was thinking going the hydrabase bomb road (I think it's discontinued :-(). would that cure our problem at least to extent? The piece is very expensive so I don't want to spend and discover it didn't help at all. I also tried hot RO water in the HT and it's much better than cold/room temp water.

what about new base bomb from DHgate? which version would you sugest (I have seen 3)?

BTW does vapefiend usually have some discount's around christmas time so maybe I could wait for that so I don't murder my wallet and than my wife murders me?

regards

Cudos on reading 500 pages... I flitted through, but don't have time to read a novel....

My turbine is super smooth, I can take huge hits before I get a tickle going on....
But I thought the honeycomb was smoother.....especially with hot water....
Even more especially at 9 o'clock...

All sound like a recipe for the smoothest hit possible....if this is still making you cough, I'm not convinced more volume will help.... but hay, I'm an evo new boy, I'm sure a more experienced member will chip in to help....

I'm waiting to buy a second evo, for ocd purposes... I was at vapefiend at the weekend, and they told me they have no upcoming black Friday offers for the evo... guess it's full price then...

djurodjakovic

I actually learned alot true these 500+ pages. It took a long time dou.
I don't think I ever read a thread so long LOL.

I'm not sure if we are very sensitive to vapor but we definitely cough if we take to much.

I forgot to add above. I checked yesterday, after reading in some post, and my HT is moving alot on the bamboo. I'm not sure if its the bamboo or HT. Is this normal?

djurodjakovic,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Justpassedu

I actually learned alot true these 500+ pages. It took a long time dou.
I don't think I ever read a thread so long LOL.

I'm not sure if we are very sensitive to vapor but we definitely cough if we take to much.

I forgot to add above. I checked yesterday, after reading in some post, and my HT is moving alot on the bamboo. I'm not sure if its the bamboo or HT. Is this normal?
The Hydra tube can move as it is not fixed to the joint when you put it on, if your bamboo is actually moving that is not normal. You can try slightly twisting by hand , if it moves , send it in for warranty.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I emailed vapexhale support about my light issue earlier, just to be sure I didn't have an issue, I also mentioned that my unit seems to run hotter.

I used to start at 12 and finishing at 2.
But with evo#2, I start at 11 and finish at 12.

Anyway they replied, about the light going green, then red for 30 secs then green again finally, they said......

"As far as the lights, this is normal unit diversity, some of the units light sensors and heat sensors will react to eachother in the way you mentioned. no need to worry there.

As for the temperature settings, each unit may have a little bit of difference with the temp dial but will not cause for worry."

So who else's evo behaves this way during initial heat up?

Top Bottom