Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Vapor Trails

Specifically if you're running really hot temperatures and are looking for smoothness with that extra heat I would recommend getting a bubbler style piece or base heavy tube to use the EVO inverted with. I too vape at very high temps to help with sleep. I have an old school Luke Wilson 15 Arm Dewar aka recessed joint bubbler that I love to use with the EVO with and is my go to piece for before bed. It has a much bigger air and water volume capacity than the Hydratubes, but still smooths out the vapor marvelously. There is a little bit of loss of flavor due to the amount of volume and time it takes to fill the bubbler but it's very minimal. With that bub and a quarter filled ELB at the 2:30 position on my EVO I can kill the ELB in two hits and lay down ready for bed. I know there are some companies that make a very similar design to my old Luke Wilson one, heck his current company Leisure might even still make a similar style.

I prefer the dewar joint bubblers because the EVO feels much more secure and stable in it inverted, and the wideness and amount of water that bubblers hold really help prevent it from tipping over. Basically, if you're conscious of the cord and what's happening around you, you'll be golden using the EVO inverted! Don't be afraid to pair it up with any big tube or bubbler though because it can milk anything up. For some fun my friends and I once sessioned with a 23" tall double chamber tube that had either a 100 or 110mm diameter!

I'm sure you'll love having a regular hydra tube as well. They have great flavor retention with really nice smoothing capabilities, and an amazingly short fill and clear time. I personally don't use my Hydratubes too much because I have the Vertigo tree model and one of the first if not first Swagger Showercap prototypes made. Both of them don't have bent necks or side arm necks so they're not so ergonomically comfortable for me to hit (I'm too short dammit).

Thanks, man! It's very rare I see people who do vape discuss the real sleepy temps. I'm glad to know it is capable without being harsh. Normally I only see mention of flavor and the size of a cloud vs straight to the point effects. I am really hoping the EVO will be much more medicating, much faster/w many less pulls than my Volcano, because I'm in many ways disappointed in it because of how many bags/inhales to medicate.

I am interested in this piece of glass from DHGATE. Do you guys think it will smooth the vapor out very well? [link removed by staff]

Modnote: Link to labeled counterfeit glass removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Vapor Trails,
Reactions: yogoshio

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Thanks, man! It's very rare I see people who do vape discuss the real sleepy temps. I'm glad to know it is capable without being harsh. Normally I only see mention of flavor and the size of a cloud vs straight to the point effects. I am really hoping the EVO will be much more medicating, much faster/w many less pulls than my Volcano, because I'm in many ways disappointed in it because of how many bags/inhales to medicate.

I am interested in this piece of glass from DHGATE. Do you guys think it will smooth the vapor out very well?

The difference between the EVO and any bag machine is quite substantial. Now on the infrequent occasion I'm offered a bag, I'm shocked at how harsh it is. The EVO is not harsh at all. I recommend @stickstones advice, i.e., set on max until green, dial back to 2 (maybe 3 in your case), wait for green. Then a steady pull at optimum efficiency (ref above post), ensuring in your technique to not waste vapor. Pleasant dreams.

Re the glass piece . . . that can't be a genuine Mobius piece at that price, but it looks like a good imitation. I have that Mobius bubbler. The can on mine is 7", the diameter 3" (dhgate doesn't give the diameter, but it looks the same). Now, that's a large can so you need the lungs to handle it especially if you want to clear it in the same hit. As beautiful as it is and hits, I actually prefer the smaller version. Also, this piece has a dewar joint, so you'll be hitting the EVO inverted; a little extra learning there. Since it's a sidecar that will help keep your face away from the EVO, but fwiw I use an adapter (no longer sold by VXL but I'm sure avail elsewhere) that sits in the dewar joint and puts the EVO a couple inches to the side. With the weight of the piece plus the water and sidecar the balance would prob be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapor Trails

I apologize. I didn't know if pictures and links were allowed or only pictures.

Also, there are 2 links to these products on page 472 by Game Enders. That is why it was brough into conversation or how I heard of it. Who moderates this entire thread to not see pages of conversation on this stuff?

I ordered that FC-187 Chinese knock off thru dhgate. Never ordered there before, and kind of nervous to give them my credit card.... I hope I didnt make a mistake, but what interests me most about the FC-187 is how the EVO just sits on the actual can (no arm to make it bulkier) instead of off to the side. It just seems secure, and the base seems good and wide. They had over 300 reviews (5 stars overall). Hoping that will give me a fun alternative to the HydraHoneyComb. I'm trying to be smart and think of 1 other piece of glass that may function and give a different experience with the vape. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,
Reactions: justvapin

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I apologize. I didn't know if pictures and links were allowed or only pictures.

Also, there are 2 links to these products on page 472 by Game Enders. That is why it was brough into conversation or how I heard of it. Who moderates this entire thread to not see pages of conversation on this stuff?

Without knowing the full details, my guess is that the picture you posted of the piece on DHGATE had a "Möbius" label thereby rendering it a counterfeit. Whereas, the ones listed on 472 make no claim as to what brand they are. They are just glass pieces.

That's my guess

---

Anyhow can't wait for a digital Cloud Evo or the next evolution of the Cloud Evo. It's been a while

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Who moderates this entire thread to not see pages of conversation on this stuff?
I do, as well as the rest of the staff. I can't tell you how many links to counterfeit glass I've removed, but it's a lot.

Without knowing the full details, my guess is that the picture you posted of the piece on DHGATE had a "Möbius" label thereby rendering it a counterfeit. Whereas, the ones listed on 472 make no claim as to what brand they are. They are just glass pieces.

That's my guess

---

Anyhow can't wait for a digital Cloud Evo or the next evolution of the Cloud Evo. It's been a while
This is the correct answer. If there is no label, then it is not considered to be counterfeit. I have several of those pieces myself.

If anyone sees counterfeit glass on FC, they are encouraged to report it as many already have.

:peace:

MonkeyTime

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Even if they do, I can't see how it could get much better except for a digital control, which I guess is fancy and all that, but I could care less personally. Those numbers on a convection are guesses at best since the air flow drastically changes the ambient air temp anyway.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Does VXL have something new coming anytime soon? I want an EVO, but it's been out for awhile and worry if I buy it; months later a new version will drop.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about that. The Evo is a top class unit and if a new unit comes out its not like this one isn't going to still be a top class unit. Get what I'm saying?

Danksta

Honestly I wouldn't worry about that. The Evo is a top class unit and if a new unit comes out its not like this one isn't going to still be a top class unit. Get what I'm saying?

I've been reading the thread over the past couple weeks and it does seem like a solid design. One that likely can't get much better as it's simply great as is.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm loitering here while I decide when to buy my evo.....

I too have been wondering if an upgrade will be coming and if I should hold off...

But then look at the arizer eq....I could be waiting a long time for an upgrade....

kellya86,
Reactions: ataxian

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I'm used to how the standard ones work. Its not awkward once you use it. They are rather intuitive.

That being said, you don't hold these at the back when you are filling a tube/ELB, you hold it at about the midpoint so you end up with much, much better control. A wood handle would just be clumsy IMO since it makes it harder to manipulate the opposite end.

6079Smith

I'm used to how the standard ones work. Its not awkward once you use it. They are rather intuitive.

That being said, you don't hold these at the back when you are filling a tube/ELB, you hold it at about the midpoint so you end up with much, much better control. A wood handle would just be clumsy IMO since it makes it harder to manipulate the opposite end.

Thanks for pointing this out. I, too, was eyeballing the wood handle version but now I'm picturing holding it more like a pen. Going with the three pack.

Also, thanks, @t-dub and others; love me some frugal vape tools :)

Happy vaping, all

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Well I may as well jump in on this scoop discussion, fwiw . . .

I bought a scoop from Amazon, IIRC one recommended on the OG thread. Just speaking for myself, the diameter of the scoop is too large for my preference. I wanted a tool that could fit all the way into the mouth of the ELB so that the herb just falls down into the bowl, or I could rotate the tool in the ELB to just drop its contents. Can't do either with the scoop I got. Clearly others have scoops that they like, so clearly just a matter of preference.

Instead I use a small measuring spoon designed for cooking food. Recipes often call for a "hint", "pinch", "smidge", or "drop" of e.g. a spice. I found an inexpensive set of such spoons and use the "smidge" with which it is easy to spoon herb from my grinder/stash case and insert that into the ELB. Very neat and easy. What I bought is no longer available on Amazon, but it's easy to find a source via Google. Here is one link with the spoon I'm using, only $6. Probably could find it on eBay, too.

https://www.soap.com/p/productname-238795

Some folks are scoopers, other folks are spooners. But we all get along just fine. :D

:myday::science:

Top Bottom