Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

6079Smith

Well I may as well jump in on this scoop discussion, fwiw . . .

I bought a scoop from Amazon, IIRC one recommended on the OG thread. Just speaking for myself, the diameter of the scoop is too large for my preference. I wanted a tool that could fit all the way into the mouth of the ELB so that the herb just falls down into the bowl, or I could rotate the tool in the ELB to just drop its contents. Can't do either with the scoop I got. Clearly others have scoops that they like, so clearly just a matter of preference.

Instead I use a small measuring spoon designed for cooking food. Recipes often call for a "hint", "pinch", "smidge", or "drop" of e.g. a spice. I found an inexpensive set of such spoons and use the "smidge" with which it is easy to spoon herb from my grinder/stash case and insert that into the ELB. Very neat and easy. What I bought is no longer available on Amazon, but it's easy to find a source via Google. Here is one link with the spoon I'm using, only $6. Probably could find it on eBay, too.

https://www.soap.com/p/productname-238795

Some folks are scoopers, other folks are spooners. But we all get along just fine. :D

:myday::science:
Thanks for your thoughts!

At the price point these tools are at, I've resolved to just try both and see what I prefer. I always seem to find use for various tools eventually, even if not their intended purpose.

I have an affinity toward wood utensils, I found these smidegen-dash scoops in wood: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DEY8N98/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have and like the scoop'n'stir from Ratchett but often misplace it and find it hard to pick up due to it's size. I briefly stuck a long ebony stem from Ed on the s'n's and it was just awesome but can't bring myself to sacrifice the stem. On the lookout for something similar but less dear.

Vapor Trails

I use medicine cups off of Amazon and use them to weigh each dose on a diamond scale, and they bend to the size of the ELB. It pours in pretty easily. I don't have to touch the herbs.

How do I clean the bottom section of the HydraHoneyComb where dry vapor comes in (how do I get the alcohol in and out of the bottom section), and also dry it?

Id like an opinion from EVO owners (because you guys/gals can help compare to the smoothness of the EVO), and people who just enjoy different Vapes in general. Is the Plenty a smooth, strong dry vape? I want to have one dry vape I enjoy, but would like it to be not so harsh like my Volcano, and I'd like to retire the Volcano altogether with a different dry vape. I like something that gives the closest effect and heat to smoking without vapor irritation, and I felt it may conserve, because I should only be using vapor when I take a pull on a Plenty.

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Id like an opinion from EVO owners (because you guys/gals can help compare to the smoothness of the EVO), and people who just enjoy different Vapes in general. Is the Plenty a smooth, strong dry vape? I want to have one dry vape I enjoy, but would like it to be not so harsh like my Volcano, and I'd like to retire the Volcano altogether with a different dry vape. I like something that gives the closest effect and heat to smoking without vapor irritation, and I felt it may conserve, because I should only be using vapor when I take a pull on a Plenty.

Plenty is pretty old school tech IMO, not bad but not an upgrade at all. The Mighty's vapor is every bit as good as the Plenty without the cord. Not that the Vapor is bad but it's no Evo and I see no place for it in my rotation.
If you want to compliment the Evo get something that does something BETTER than the evo, I can't think of anything the Plenty does better. Now the Mighty on the other hand I can use in the car or outside so that's a good compliment. The Supreme V3 can give me HUGE cloudy hits that remind me of old school bong rips without the combustion taste. I have a lot of vapes in the rotation but they all have to bring something to the table that the others don't. Butane vapes seem to do this better than most. The Milaana has quite a special "Vape Signature" to it as well. Vapcap and vapman are VERY ritualistic and really bring me in touch with my session if you know what I mean. I love to vape in the woods with one of these old school beauties. The Daisy is a lung buster ( look up Sticky Brick) And the Lotus, well it's just a bad ass all on it's own. I honestly wouldn't give up any of those guys.

The one that I use the most besides the Evo and brings me closest to the feel of smoking without the smoke is the Supreme V3. I know it's not dry but if you need a bubbler I will send you one of my DH gate D-020 on the house lol. Only the Sublimator at a much higher cost will compare.

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I'm confused; how is it that a dry vape "may conserve"?

I can't speak to the boutique/classic vapes like @mrbonsai420 has in his impressive collection :clap:. IME virtually all of the more recent popular vapes will be less harsh than your Volcano; I've developed a real prejudice when it comes to bags, period. For a long time my daily driver was the old reliable Extreme-Q; I'd say used dry it is still fairly comparable to others (and it has decent temp control). That said, even with a water piece my Q is not close to smooth as the EVO, and that has been my experience with other vapes, too. Of the more recent generation of vapes, my preference would probably be the Herbie and the pseudo-portable Air. I haven't tried the Plenty. I'm told the Mighty hits very similar; if @t-dub sees this message he might chime in as he has one.

oldiebutgoodie,

Vapor Trails

I'm confused; how is it that a dry vape "may conserve"?

Im not implying a dry vape to conserve more than a non dry. In the area you're referring to only refers to my Volcano. When you blow up a bag in the Volcano you're dedicated to that bag, or however many pulls are inside. I am comparing the Plenty to it because in the Plenty you're seemingly only dedicated to using vapor when the lever is pulled, and not stuck with a bag. Not for trying to outdo my EVO. Trying to find the best dry vape, and I can't do anything from 7th floor (very irritating to my respiratory system). My purpose for asking in the EVO section is because evo users know potency and smoothness, and I am looking for that equal to the best degree but on a dry level, and nothing with batteries.

Anyhow, no mention of dry vape conservation over non dry. Comparison against my Volcano only. And why did you skip over helping me in my short question (before the Plenty/Volcano/Dry vape mention) asking how to clean the bottom chamber on a HydraTube? Lol

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,
Reactions: justvapin

MonkeyTime

Ok, so I've had it for a few days now and I've got a few opinions......

This hits very, very smooth. I almost start coughing because I feel I should, not because I feel the need to. You see this huge cloud, and you just sorta feel like you should be coughing....... but you don't.

The high is very clean and clear. I've been starting with a 5-OC (o'clock) warm up and backed down to noon. I hit it there until it's whispy, then bump her up to 2:30-3-OC and let her back in for a bit, then finish it off. From the heat charts, these temps should be about 350F and 400F, give or take, the same as I use my Mighty. With the same material, I get a very different feeling from the Evo. This is more than a "signature" in my mind, it's different extraction. I like.

I am using less material, but more often. It's the honeymoon period and will slow some, but for now, I can see how they say you conserve flower, you do get more from less.

Mine seems to have a slight smell to it, somewhere between machine oil and baked electronics. Not the fried board smell, but of electronics being pushed hard, almost the ozone smell. It's not terrible, and seems to be dissipating quickly, but more than I expected.

It dabs great, really an extra and not a main feature for me, but nice. I'll be picking up a few more baskets and nails moving forward, I like to clean in batches.

Over all I'm very happy with the unit. I'm getting used to the glass and almost don't feel like I'm going to break it every time I use it. I'm not prone to mishaps, but I can put myself in a pretty clumsy place with this thing and don't want to break the HT or unit glass.

I gotta ask about the "bamboo" glass. What does this really mean? Is the glass a bamboo derivative?

Thanks for all the input along the way, this place is great!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm told the Mighty hits very similar; if @t-dub sees this message he might chime in as he has one.
For me the vapor from EVO, through water, is smoother and tastier than Mighty. Mighty's vapor is a little drier in nature, still very nice, but slightly harsher and less tasty than EVO. The vape signatures from the two are quite different. EVO produces a smooth, silky, hammering stone whereas Mighty has more of an "angry" frontal lobe buzz. If that makes any sense.

Vapor Trails

I gotta ask about the "bamboo" glass. What does this really mean? Is the glass a bamboo derivative?

I think it has to to with the notches (or smaller sections) in the glass toward the bottom, but I'm not positive.

I am right there with you with the temperature settings :) I seem to get much more out of 2 baskets of .07 than putting .14 in a single basket. I guess I'm weird, because longer sessions of constantly feeding thc seems to be working better for me lately than a large amount all at once. What I mean is a .210 does not seem to be doing much more than 1/3 of that. So, it couod definitely help me conserve. I like to have the baskets prepped, and swap to a fresh basket once vapor runs out at 12:00, and it's like I'm still on a fresh basket and absorbing the same ingredients at the same temp. I honestly start at 11:00 after testing it yesterday, and then swap baskets, then move to noon until both basket are whispy, then 1:00, and finally 3:00. I really like alternating the 2 to equaly .14 than packing the .14 in one basket, because it seems over with very quickly, but hopefully Ill learn to manage better.
If I want the same amount of hits as smoking, I start at 3 and get 2 large draws from 0.070g, or I can get a flavor hit and 2x 3:00 hits. So, if I am as abusive as possible with the EVO, I still get a minimum of 4-6 STRONG hits from just a .140. That is amazing. I can stretch it out to double that with no problem. It is a spectacular machine. Some really good Kash is about to be here. I'm about to have an all night EVO session for the first time with an Indica! I have a Sat (Sativa), and really want to put the EVO to the test on the "sleepy" abilities. I could go on and rave about this thing and say so much about what I like so far. I think the unit is cheap for what it does. The glass is what has the heft to cost, and hey, we can all get China glass all day long. To me the EVO is a bargain when solely talking about the unit. We're talking less money for the EVO unit than a Plenty, or either of the S&B portables (just an example) after the 10% off codes. It's awesome and worth it and my Kash is here now! Be back later!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I honestly start at 11:00 after testing it yesterday, and then swap baskets, then move to noon until both basket are whispy, then 1:00, and finally 3:00. I really like alternating the 2 to equaly .14 than packing the .14 in one basket, because it seems over with very quickly, but hopefully Ill learn to manage better.
If I want the same amount of hits as smoking, I start at 3 and get 2 large draws from 0.070g, or I can get a flavor hit and 2x 3:00 hits. So, if I am as abusive as possible with the EVO, I still get a minimum of 4-6 STRONG hits from just a .140. That is amazing. I can stretch it out to double that with no problem. It is a spectacular machine. Some really good Kash is about to be here. I'm about to have an all night EVO session for the first time with an Indica! I have a Sat (Sativa), and really want to put the EVO to the test on the "sleepy" abilities. I could go on and rave about this thing and say so much about what I like so far. I think the unit is cheap for what it does. The glass is what has the heft to cost, and hey, we can all get China glass all day long. To me the EVO is a bargain when solely talking about the unit. We're talking less money for the EVO unit than a Plenty, or either of the S&B portables (just an example) after the 10% off codes. It's awesome and worth it and my Kash is here now! Be back later!
I love the EVO logically.

When I need to be knocked out into a self induced coma!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Anyhow, no mention of dry vape conservation over non dry. Comparison against my Volcano only. And why did you skip over helping me in my short question (before the Plenty/Volcano/Dry vape mention) asking how to clean the bottom chamber on a HydraTube? Lol

Gotcha. I didn't know if you meant conserving vapor (the experience) or conserving herb (the money) or something else.

Re the latter, my experience and many other reports here are that users find the EVO conserves herb due to its extraction efficiency. I have a nice strain on hand at the moment, and I'm getting probably a good dozen hits out of half an ELB. Over time it adds up; some even claim the EVO eventually pays for itself.

I didn't skip over your question re the HT, it's just I'm not sure I can help you with that particular HT because I don't have one. With my HT's (which are different designs), if you are referring to the bottom section where the female joint is, I used to submerge the entire tube in a cleaning solution, then rinse, empty, and air dry (or use). Now I fill my tubes with ISO, plug top and bottom, shake vigorously, return ISO to bottle for later re-use, fill and rinse with water until all traces of ISO are gone, wipe inside of joint, then air dry or put to use. I sometimes use a rinsing setup that @t-dub engineered, you can find it by searching this thread or the OG thread where he originally posted it with pics.

I think it has to to with the notches (or smaller sections) in the glass toward the bottom, but I'm not positive.

The bamboo is the glass in the center of the EVO through which the air passes. There are "glass washers" called the orifices in between which a chamber is created. The heater is located around the outside of that chamber. You can see the orifices looking down the joint. The convection magic happens within the bamboo chamber and secondarily within the ELB where there is pressurized turbulence when you pull.

:myday::science:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It's called a "bamboo" because the sectioned glass cylinder resembles a bamboo stalk.
bamboo_texture1605.jpg

:peace:

crashck

Fucked up on my first day with EVO and overloaded the VXN. There's some oil in the unit. Can someone give instructions on how to clean it?

crashck,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

Fucked up on my first day with EVO and overloaded the VXN. There's some oil in the unit. Can someone give instructions on how to clean it?

No problem, has happened to me a few times...

Do you have any long cutips? If so, dip in ISO and swab all the oil out. If no long cutips, try using a rolled up half sheet of paper towel dipped in ISO and twist down into the bamboo.

Also make sure to get in from the bottom. There might be some oil there.

crashck

Yeah I tried but there's definitely some still left on the bottom that I can't get. Also how long do I need to wait after brushing iso with qtips until I can use it again?

crashck,

twosilvertrees

lose the planetary mindset
Well, after a long hiatus from the forums I'm back with some sad news. Seems like my EVO has been possessed by angry gremlins and has now overheated twice (as in glowing red bamboo/smoke while unplugged) in a single evening. I've sent an email to VXL support, sucks that this happened on a Saturday night though. Obviously I won't be using my EVO until it's fixed and who knows when that will be :c. So bummed. I miss my buddy already. Just hope VXL takes care of the situation. Including a lousy pic of my angry unplugged orange EVO as proof -- be on the lookout for them wonky electronics, fellow owners.

2eafe2def4.JPG

ETA: Took a peek down the bamboo, seems like there is a crack in it now. I've never knocked the unit over (well, like accidentally tipped it on my nightstand, but not OFF of it and certainly not recently) so I'm not sure how it could have cracked. Guessing that's the culprit though.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Well, after a long hiatus from the forums I'm back with some sad news. Seems like my EVO has been possessed by angry gremlins and has now overheated twice (as in glowing red bamboo/smoke while unplugged) in a single evening. I've sent an email to VXL support, sucks that this happened on a Saturday night though. Obviously I won't be using my EVO until it's fixed and who knows when that will be :c. So bummed. I miss my buddy already. Just hope VXL takes care of the situation. Including a lousy pic of my angry unplugged orange EVO as proof -- be on the lookout for them wonky electronics, fellow owners.

2eafe2def4.JPG

ETA: Took a peek down the bamboo, seems like there is a crack in it now. I've never knocked the unit over (well, like accidentally tipped it on my nightstand, but not OFF of it and certainly not recently) so I'm not sure how it could have cracked. Guessing that's the culprit though.

These are exactly the kind of posts that keep putting me off an evo....

How old was your model? I was hoping all these overheating flaws had been rectified....

twosilvertrees

lose the planetary mindset

How old was your model? I was hoping all these overheating flaws had been rectified....

Less than a year old, I think a year in Oct/Nov. I would STILL recommend the Evo, despite the glitches I've had with it, if that helps convince you at all. It hasn't been a flawless experience (I've been having problem with the on/off switch not working for months, and my dial was calibrated wrong when I received the unit) but it's bit damn near close, LOL.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

Personally, I wouldn't worry. Everyone's experience is difference. I have one of the first Cloud Evo's (January 2014), and run it at 3pm and never had a real problem. Sometimes some units just have defects :-(. And I don't mean to jinx myself.

I do have one issue. My green led doesn't light. But I don't care. LOL

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
We are working with heaters, glass, water, and plastic. There are a LOT of variables at play, not to mention length and heaviness of use as well as a million others. Defects are inevitable, but increase drastically when water, glass, and heat are involved. Not to mention a device specifically designed to alter your state of mind.

Compared to some other threads I keep up on, for an electric desktop with this kind of power, I would argue the Evo is still one of the most reliable.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

What you normally is OK. (I like it).
The EVO is more like a ROLLS ROYCE.

I got some very power SHATTER with a quarts nail!
Excuse me:"FUCK"! (I will sleep like a baby)!

Now COLAS (PEOPLES OG) + EVO 1:30 + HYDROTUBE = CIVILIZED

Way to go to sleep NATURALLY = CIVILIZED

Top Bottom