Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Baron23

I can't see the ELBs being welded, the fine mesh screens just aren't amenable welding materials. I searched microwelding and it's still on a macroscale resulting in a significant pool of combined materials that fuse much more significantly than what is observed in the ELB.

The ELBs may or may not be soldered, may or may not be using silver solder or something similar, but certainly the ELBs can be lap welded.

Brewervapesalot

The ELBs may or may not be soldered, may or may not be using silver solder or something similar, but certainly the ELBs can be lap welded.

I always assumed the ELB's were welded with a mechanized tig or spot welder. I dont know why they would use solder.

In fact when I look at them, i see nothing to support that have solder or any filler added

CANtalk

@CANtalk Can you elaborate on your glass bowl idea? I would love to have something custom made. The only place I know that does commissions are http://getskyglass.com , but I would love to try to get your idea made if it looks useful.
Sure. I envision an ELB made of glass like the VapeXnail but shallower like the ELB. It should have a multi-hole bottom for the air path or there's a glass fiber option (maybe both). This is where the airflow comes in and it prevents ground flower from falling into the bamboo. The top of the glass ELB can extend a few mm above the 18mm male adapter end of the heater and be held in place by a flared spot near the end of the tube, similar to the nail design.

Now this glass ELB needs a cap. I'd suggest simply making one by using a 18mm f to m adapter! This allows the EVO to continue using the 18mm attachment standard and accessories (mouthpieces, hydratubes, whips, etc). The female part of the adapter goes onto the EVO heater and the male part of the adapter is subsequently used in place of the heater adapter for all other pieces. This 18mm f to m adapter also needs to be sealed up with a multihole glass piece inside and across the airpath by a glass blower (like the glass ELB will need to be). And there's the cap.

One would want to position the multi-hole glass seal inside the glass adapter/cap so that when the adapter/cap sits on the heater and glass ELB, the 18mm male heater piece is allowed to fully seal against the 18mm female part of the adapter/cap. To do so, that multi-hole air path seal should be placed so that it's 2-3 mm above the 2-3 mm extension of the glass ELB beyond the heater adapter, and accounting for how 18mm m-f pieces overlap when put together (a non-interference setup).

Make sense?

The benefit of this method is that the glass ELB and cap could be custom made without being too difficult. And stacking hydratube/etc on top will not result in any issues (non-interference and good sealing).

These are just some initial thoughts. Does anyone else have any added suggestions or changes?

nonamekevin

Sure. I envision an ELB made of glass like the VapeXnail but shallower like the ELB. It should have a multi-hole bottom for the air path or there's a glass fiber option (maybe both). This is where the airflow comes in and it prevents ground flower from falling into the bamboo. The top of the glass ELB can extend a few mm above the 18mm male adapter end of the heater and be held in place by a flared spot near the end of the tube, similar to the nail design.

Now this glass ELB needs a cap. I'd suggest simply making one by using a 18mm f to m adapter! This allows the EVO to continue using the 18mm attachment standard and accessories (mouthpieces, hydratubes, whips, etc). The female part of the adapter goes onto the EVO heater and the male part of the adapter is subsequently used in place of the heater adapter for all other pieces. This 18mm f to m adapter also needs to be sealed up with a multihole glass piece inside and across the airpath by a glass blower (like the glass ELB will need to be). And there's the cap.

One would want to position the multi-hole glass seal inside the glass adapter/cap so that when the adapter/cap sits on the heater and glass ELB, the 18mm male heater piece is allowed to fully seal against the 18mm female part of the adapter/cap. To do so, that multi-hole air path seal should be placed so that it's 2-3 mm above the 2-3 mm extension of the glass ELB beyond the heater adapter, and accounting for how 18mm m-f pieces overlap when put together (a non-interference setup).

Make sense?

The benefit of this method is that the glass ELB and cap could be custom made without being too difficult. And stacking hydratube/etc on top will not result in any issues (non-interference and good sealing).

These are just some initial thoughts. Does anyone else have any added suggestions or changes?
I get what you're saying. Maybe it would also be cool if there were a couple of different lengths of glass ELBs. :shrug:

I'm not in love with the initial idea of an 18mm f to m adaptor acting as the glass ELB cap, but I can't think of any other suggestions right now. :leaf:

Edit 1: @CANtalk I thought about it a little more, but I have a question.

The current glass nails have the flair at the top. You've talked about the bottom of the glass ELB having several holes (for obvious reasons). What about a glass "cap" that has the same hole pattern as the bottom of the glass ELB, but simply sits on top of the proposed flair? The ID of the cap would be the OD of the glass ELB. The flat section with the holes could even be slightly concave or shaped to fit inside the top of the glass ELB ever so slightly. Do you think you could pull hard enough when taking a rip to lift that cap off the flair?

What are your thoughts? :rockon:

Last edited:

CANtalk

Considering people report loose SS ELB caps come off with draws, I would expect something similar with a glass version of the ELB and a similarly small cap @nonamekevin. Hence my suggestion to build the cap into a 18mm m/f adapter which then won't move. YMMV.

CANtalk,
Reactions: ataxian

nonamekevin

Considering people report loose SS ELB caps come off with draws, I would expect something similar with a glass version of the ELB and a similarly small cap @nonamekevin. Hence my suggestion to build the cap into a 18mm m/f adapter which then won't move. YMMV.
Thanks for clearing that up homie. I'm back to being out of ideas. :rockon:

nonamekevin,

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Try Vapexhale's Support page....you will find, among other stuff, this:

Other Information.

We designed the unit to withstand years of proper use, however, service fees may apply if repairs become necessary. Actual repair costs will vary but estimated fees for repairs are as follows:

1) Administrative fee for all services done by XHL - $20

2) Burned out Heater* - $125.00

3) Broken Bamboo Glass - $94.99

4) Damage to electronic system due to use with 3rd party equipment. - $150.00

5) Housing Replacement Service - $75.00

*Burned out heaters are typically the result of leaving the unit on 24/7. It is not recommended that you run your EVO with any device that will keep your unit running 24/7. This extended usage can cause damage to your unit, and will void the warranty.​
Wow I guess maybe they just dont want to replace it. I reached out and explained my situation and all the offered was a 20 percent discount on a new one. I doubt I'll be doing that. If that was the case I would have just done better black Friday. Kinda mad the offer to replace the bamboo as a cost. Does that mean its not an option anymore? Oh man gonna be wierd not having it part if the rotation.
Edit
Not sure what happens came in to fix a typo and republished 2x not sure how to fix it

Xclerk,

Baron23

Wow I guess maybe they just dont want to replace it. I reached out and explained my situation and all the offered was a 20 percent discount on a new one. I doubt I'll be doing that. If that was the case I would have just done better black Friday. Kinda mad the offer to replace the bamboo as a cost. Does that mean its not an option anymore? Oh man gonna be wierd not having it part if the rotation.
Edit
Not sure what happens came in to fix a typo and republished 2x not sure how to fix it
Did you specifically ask them about bamboo replacement for a fee. Maybe reference their webpage?

If so, what did they say?

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
I specificity said the bamboo was broken and i wanted to replace it. That's what they came back with. I may reply rhats what i want snda not to worry about the 20 percent offs

Xclerk,

nonamekevin

Regarding ELB construction, straight from VXH:

"DEC 12, 2019 | 06:33AM PST
VapeXsupport replied:
Hi Kevin,

I apologize for the delay.

Here is what I learned.

Our baskets are made from high quality 304 stainless steel with aluminum rings.

They are certified to be free of lead.

The baskets are welded, not soldered, and no lead is used in the welding process.

We have not taken the extra step to get them NSF certified; however, the stainless steel mesh has been independently certified to meet FDA Safety requirements for Stainless Steel.

We hope this answers your question.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Kind regards,

VXL Support
Sincerely,

VapeXsupport"

:rockon:

Baron23

Regarding ELB construction, straight from VXH:

"DEC 12, 2019 | 06:33AM PST
VapeXsupport replied:
Hi Kevin,

I apologize for the delay.

Here is what I learned.

Our baskets are made from high quality 304 stainless steel with aluminum rings.

They are certified to be free of lead.

The baskets are welded, not soldered, and no lead is used in the welding process.

We have not taken the extra step to get them NSF certified; however, the stainless steel mesh has been independently certified to meet FDA Safety requirements for Stainless Steel.

We hope this answers your question.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Kind regards,

VXL Support
Sincerely,

VapeXsupport"

:rockon:
Ah....yep.

Thanks for digging this up.

nonamekevin

Speaking of ELBs, I picked up a couple as part of a diy idea I had. What's the easiest way to clean them? Iso dunk? :rockon:

nonamekevin,

CANtalk

Speaking of ELBs, I picked up a couple as part of a diy idea I had. What's the easiest way to clean them? Iso dunk? :rockon:
A hot ISO soak works well. The best and easiest way I've found is using hot PBW water with an ultrasonic cleaner. It's hands off, dead simple and very effective (and not very expensive, a small ultrasonic cleaner is inexpensive on Amazon). Mix and press some buttons. Before when using ISO I mentioned here that I would rinse the ELB with hot water under the tap from time to time with use (between big cleanings). It helped and my guess is that there was some residue left on the ELB with ISO use, so it collected more residue before long. With my weekly PBW ultrasonic cleaning I've never had to do any more than quickly brush out the ELB from load to load (and there's a link to great brushes for the ELB and nail mentioned here, 50 for $8, enough to last me a lifetime of use and cleaning).

My cleaning frequency is higher than others, but that's just personal preference. I like pure flavors and clean vapes, enough so such that there's no appreciable resin accumulation in my experience with the EVO/glass. OTOH, others here are fine with a low frequency cleaning schedule, and still others also incorporate resin recovery too. The EVO works well and is very flexible.

I saw your other post about the ELB and offer some feedback here. The ELBs aren't for everyone but I really like them and find they have a lot of merits. The ELBs are durable in my experience. I'm still using the same single one I started with almost a year ago now. The EVO has a great product support ecosystem and there are multiple ELB loading tool options, from a number of single funnel setups to multi-ELB loading trays. Loading can be done in seconds and it isn't finicky with good tools such as these. And the EVO ELB setup is great for groups as well as multi-use. You can set up a vape session (or sessions) for many people (or a single person) without having to reload, unlike the FP and most other vapes, just preload ELBs and pop them one-by-one in the EVO heater when vaping (or nails of concentrates). Everyone can even have their own ELB or nail of fresh product; no sharing of a cannabis load, just pass around the heater. And the heater can keep up with even the largest groups vaping back to back. The EVO heater is very highly rated and has been measured at 100 W, which is the same as the power rating of the Auber controller for the FP for example.

No matter what you look at for a vape, there will be cleaning involved, and a big part of what drew me to the EVO was its simplicity and easy cleaning. It's been great to have a simple and easy to clean vape. I need low effort stuff like this to keep on top of it :razz:.

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Last edited:
CANtalk,

nonamekevin

A hot ISO dunk worked well. The best and easiest way I've found is using hot PBW water with an ultrasonic cleaner. It's hands off, dead simple and very effective (and not very expensive, a small ultrasonic cleaner is inexpensive on Amazon). Mix and press some buttons. Before when using ISO I mentioned here that I would rinse the ELB with hot water under the tap from time to time with use (between big cleanings). My guess is that there was some residue left on the ELB with ISO use so it collected more residue before long. With my weekly PBW ultrasonic cleaning I never had to do any more than quickly brush out the ELB from load to load (and there's a link to great brushes for the ELB and nail mentioned here, 50 for $8, enough to last me a lifetime of use and cleaning).

My cleaning frequency is higher than others, but that's just personal preference. I like pure flavors and clean vapes and clean it as such so there is no appreciable resin accumulation with the EVO/glass. OTOH, others here are fine with a low frequency cleaning schedule, others also incorporate resin recovery too. The EVO works well and is very flexible.

I saw your other post about the ELB and offer some feedback here. The ELBs aren't for everyone but I really like them and find they have a lot of merits. The ELBs are durable in my experience. I'm still using the same single one I started with almost a year ago now. The EVO has a great product support ecosystem and there are multiple ELB loading tool options, from a number of single funnel setups to multi-ELB loading trays. Loading can be done in seconds and it isn't finicky with good tools such as these. And the EVO ELB setup is great for groups. You can set up a vape session for many people without having to reload, unlike the FP and most other vapes, just preload ELBs and pop them in the EVO heater when vaping (or nails of concentrates). Everyone can even have their own ELB or nail of fresh product; no sharing of a cannabis load, just pass around the heater. And the heater can keep up with even the largest groups vaping back to back. The EVO heater is very highly rated and has been measured at 100 W, which is the same as the power rating of the Auber controller for the FP for example.

No matter what you look at for a vape, there will be cleaning involved, and a big part of what drew me to the EVO was its simplicity and easy cleaning. It's been great to have a simple and easy to clean vape. I need low effort stuff like this to keep on top of it :razz:.

Anyway, good luck with your search.
Thanks @CANtalk! I appreciate your input and value your insight. I'll keep an open mind moving forward, and maybe after handling these ELB for longer than a day, I'll get more comfortable with them and might actually enjoy the ritual.

I preloaded two ELBs for my diy vape for later tonight after work. I do like that I can preload several, and you bring up some good points about it being very shareable. :rockon:

CANtalk

There are also ELB holding tools like the orbit (works for nails too), the station options (wood decks), or even simply using a small bowl to hold the ELBs off to the side. I love the orbits but I didn't need a large storage option. Other people have set up their own custom ELB storage solution as well.

I have a very detailed vaping ritual @nonamekevin, and I derive a lot of enjoyment from it. OTOH, I can still veg out and vape with enjoyment too. For me it's about balance, I don't want to be very fidgety but I don't want to compromise my cannabis experience too much either. The good thing is the EVO and a lot of high end vapes are very flexible.

Happy to help @nonamekevin. There are a number of great vapes out there, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. As you probably remember I mentioned a small number of premium vape options to consider in your other thread. If I didn't care about the burn/fire hazard of the Flowerpot nor it's added components and wiring it would would be a great option for me. If I was looking at the FP and had the budget, the Submilator is a sweet next-level option. See what appeals to you most and what works best for you in your environment. Think about how you are going to use a vape at home, that's an important consideration. For example, I like having my vape in the family room and using it there. For me vaping is a social experience and using a vape in the family room means it helps to have a small footprint, minimal wiring and something safe. OTOH, a number of people set up a vape station in a separate private small room somewhere in the back of a house/condo, where such things don't matter as much. I also like to have 'big' experiences so having a more safe vape is a good thing for me.

I know what you mean about whips and bags in ur other post. Another reason I chose the EVO was because it can use whips and glass (both dry and wet). I even have two whips for the EVO but never used them as I enjoy glass (whips don't help flavors and need regular replacement). I have a portable vape that has some wearable items needing periodic replacement and I wanted to minimize that. It's nice to have the option of a whip though. I don't want bags myself either as they're awkward, noisy and a wearable item again. But ymmv, there are many fans of whips and bags out there, and a number of EVO owners here enjoy using whip setups too. It's great to have vape options with different designs and there's something for everyone. Beware of exaggerated statements when looking at vapes; a lot of threads have that and it isn't helpful when people often have different wants/preferences.

On a separate note I'll mention to the community that the VapeXhale Christmas sale is on now and goes to Dec 20. That's the same as last year and we're currently about one week from when I ordered the EVO last year. Time flies.

@O-G-Reg, I hear your state vape ban is over; that should help you. Best of luck!

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

nonamekevin

@CANtalk thanks again friend, I appreciate the amount of time that response took to type out.

I thought I was getting closer to picking the next desktop, but nope. Still very interested in the evo. And 20% off makes some of the bundles very attractive. :rockon:

readyman

it was tuff for me to decide too I wanted the evo or new hybrid volcano I took evo mainly because I mainly smoked thru bong and this vape holding it and using it is as close as a vape can get to a bong sesh for me anyway

CANtalk

It's nice to see you still around @readyman and contributing. I remember you taking your time choosing a vape (very wise) and it's great you're happy with the EVO; getting it right the first time is most definitely rewarding. I saw your previous post asking for EVO settings to do one-hitter shatter concentrates but didn't respond because I figured you still know my method and settings. I had (great flavors and) a big hit a few weeks back doing that :evil::science:. Cough, cough :lol:.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Top Bottom