Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Saman65

Is the Evo still the best desktop in the game? I know it should be one of the tops as least
I got mine 4 years ago and it stopped working about a year ago. It was just weeks after three year limited warranty expired!
VXL is offering a new Cloud evo for 200 with new three year limited warranty , which I think it's pretty great since their used are listed here +250 ish and their $250 Black Friday deal sold so quickly!
If it is still one of the bests, how do I take care of my new unit, other than not leaving the vaporizer on for long period of time?
I'm gonna wait and see if my new MV1 would be good enough for home and outdoor and then will decide on buying a new evo.

tom32

Just tried out the Cloud Evo for the first time with some P10 hempflower from Revel Valley.

The Cloud was pretty nice, as was the P10 (cherry wine strain that tastes great and gave a nice calm).

To prepare I baked the metal baskets in the oven at 500F for 30 minutes. I ran the Evo on high until it auto shutoff for 4 cycles.

I used the whip adapter to run it through an Heir Water Pipe with a piece of organic cotton in the middle. At first I was concerned about the silicon tube, but I used an IR heat gun to measure the of the female piece that connects the evo to the silicon tube. It was 100F or lower. There is another thread on FC that talks about how silicon can offgass, create formaldehyde and lose mass at temps < 400F. But I'm comfortable with 100F.

The silicon tube sure picked up the smell of the vapor.

It was also my first time using a water piece. That sure cooled it down the vapor. Although a bit of a pain to set up when you're trying to be discrete.

I wish there was a portable with an all glass path like the evo.

Pros:
- All glass air path closest to the heat, no ceramic heater, no metal. Silicon tube in the middle is the price to pay to use a water attachment.
- I have nothing to compare the vapor quality to, and that's not really what I'm going for. I want the most filtered vapor with the cleanest air path.

Cons:
- Metal basket with SS, aluminum, and solder points in the airpath. I wish I could solve this problem.
- Plastic smell from the base. The vapor path is enclosed, but I still don't like it.
- Much more difficult to clean the inside of the bamboo than I expected. I thought I would be able to run a good sized brush straight through. I can't even really fit my skinniest brush through very well.

I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it or to what extent I'll continue with dry vaping. I'm
still a little worried about the risks of mold, mildew, and putting other things in my lungs (sure, it's 100x safer than combusting, but it's still more risky than edibles).

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If you are in a legal state with good testing, you may have a better chance to find unadulterated cannabis. I have 3 EVOs. None smell of plastic to me. I have no allergies, knock on wood. I generally only max the heater if I'm cleaning a glass "nail".

Socks And Sandals

The EVO is killing here @Socks And Sandals :tup:. Get back to that EVO :nod:. I'm not surprised the S&B's you tried have similar flavors, they all have incorporated the hybrid heating design from the same manufacturer. I've tried both the Crafty and Mighty and found them very similar... frankly they should be :sherlock:. Thx for the feedback on their other vapes, useful
tophat.gif
. I pm'd you on about a heat shield in case you didn't see. Stick around and post up about the EVO.

Happy EVO Friday everyone :tup:. I'm on Strawberry Cough after this week's break as we roll into the evening, and the EVO delivered :science:. Nice clouds at 11 o'clock using a dry Helio mouthpiece. I had to cut my draws short with the dense vapor and still nearly coughed. The EVO didn't whistle after doing it for the last 2-3 weeks (including last weekend). When the whistling came back I was able to gauge my draws again and found that I was getting used to some faster bigger draws for a while :evil:. It's nice the whistle is gone but also definitely harder for me to gauge my draw speed :razz:.

I took the plunge on that China glass with BF here. First time with DHgate and it went well. For <$80 US to my door I picked up two 18mm glass stands, three 14mm (m) to 18mm (f) adapters (thinking ahead ;)) and these two tree perc water pieces (Swiss tree and tree).

f2-albu-g7-M00-E3-91-rBVaSVrLf-qAagurAAOkrtyOuhQ511.jpg

I ordered two days ago. The water pieces and stands shipped one day later... the adapters today. Now the wait.

It's great that the EVO has so many glass options... a huge amount of variety & styles with both inexpensive and premium boutique options. We need more glass talk here from all corners of EVO ownership :nod:.

Enjoy the Friday night and hope all you in the US had a great thanksgiving :peace: :leaf:.

A chinese HydraBase! lol I kid I kid! :)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks S&B has it's own signature flavor. Let me know how that new hydrabase works! I'm curious about having to use extra lung power when it comes to the Hydrabase and the lynx + whip!.

I'll probably make it back after the holidays.. I'll be a whole lot more active then. Also attempting a 3 day tolerance break till sunday, but we will see how that goes.. lol

Gorgaflog

Them nails are a basterd to clean!!!
Use a sharpish metal prong to scrape the black away. It will crumble off with slight force and leverage.

I have not, but I only, only, only use flower in my EVO so I have not found the need to clean the bamboo.

I use PBW as my go to for cleaning flower rigs. However, it does not work that well for concentrate reclaim (really, nice clean vapor condensed on the sides of the rig) clinging to the walls of my rig. Don't want to waste that stuff so I most often use Everclear (ethyl alcohol) and evap to a tincture. If really grunged up, ISO for 'trates
I have not, but I only, only, only use flower in my EVO so I have not found the need to clean the bamboo.

I use PBW as my go to for cleaning flower rigs. However, it does not work that well for concentrate reclaim (really, nice clean vapor condensed on the sides of the rig) clinging to the walls of my rig. Don't want to waste that stuff so I most often use Everclear (ethyl alcohol) and evap to a tincture. If really grunged up, ISO for 'trates reclaim.
i used the MBM for my tincture and after I evaporated off alcohol afterwards. I used 145F, but I heard starting at 70F you start loosening certain compounds in the tincture, like cbd and other terps. I think I might let mine evaporate at room temp next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgaflog,
Reactions: Mr Turnip

Baron23

Just tried out the Cloud Evo for the first time with some P10 hempflower from Revel Valley.

The Cloud was pretty nice, as was the P10 (cherry wine strain that tastes great and gave a nice calm).

To prepare I baked the metal baskets in the oven at 500F for 30 minutes. I ran the Evo on high until it auto shutoff for 4 cycles.

I used the whip adapter to run it through an Heir Water Pipe with a piece of organic cotton in the middle. At first I was concerned about the silicon tube, but I used an IR heat gun to measure the of the female piece that connects the evo to the silicon tube. It was 100F or lower. There is another thread on FC that talks about how silicon can offgass, create formaldehyde and lose mass at temps < 400F. But I'm comfortable with 100F.

The silicon tube sure picked up the smell of the vapor.

It was also my first time using a water piece. That sure cooled it down the vapor. Although a bit of a pain to set up when you're trying to be discrete.

I wish there was a portable with an all glass path like the evo.

Pros:
- All glass air path closest to the heat, no ceramic heater, no metal. Silicon tube in the middle is the price to pay to use a water attachment.
- I have nothing to compare the vapor quality to, and that's not really what I'm going for. I want the most filtered vapor with the cleanest air path.

Cons:
- Metal basket with SS, aluminum, and solder points in the airpath. I wish I could solve this problem.
- Plastic smell from the base. The vapor path is enclosed, but I still don't like it.
- Much more difficult to clean the inside of the bamboo than I expected. I thought I would be able to run a good sized brush straight through. I can't even really fit my skinniest brush through very well.

I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it or to what extent I'll continue with dry vaping. I'm
still a little worried about the risks of mold, mildew, and putting other things in my lungs (sure, it's 100x safer than combusting, but it's still more risky than edibles).
I do not believe there any solder in the ELB.

tom32

I do not believe there any solder in the ELB.

From support:

Food grade solder is used in our baskets.

As for the welds and spot welds, we will have to reach out to management for more info.​

But support has also given out conflicting info for the stainless steel grade. I don't think they really have a good grip on the basket's materials.

Baron23

From support:

Food grade solder is used in our baskets.

As for the welds and spot welds, we will have to reach out to management for more info.​

But support has also given out conflicting info for the stainless steel grade. I don't think they really have a good grip on the basket's materials.
Thank you. Wonder what it is? There is silver solder and SS tig welding and ?????

I'm pretty sure its not lead solder......or at least I hope so!! :razz:

tom32

Thank you. Wonder what it is? There is silver solder and SS tig welding and ?????

I'm pretty sure its not lead solder......or at least I hope so!! :razz:

They did say it was lead free but not NSF certified. Their supplier is likely Chinese (my guess) and I don't really trust anything coming out of China unless it's certified by a non-Chinese group.

I know plenty of people use this daily and are fine. However, I am still interested in finding an NSF-certified or all-glass solution... if for nothing else the peace of mind.

CANtalk

Is the Evo still the best desktop in the game? I know it should be one of the tops as least
I got mine 4 years ago and it stopped working about a year ago. It was just weeks after three year limited warranty expired!
VXL is offering a new Cloud evo for 200 with new three year limited warranty , which I think it's pretty great since their used are listed here +250 ish and their $250 Black Friday deal sold so quickly!
If it is still one of the bests, how do I take care of my new unit, other than not leaving the vaporizer on for long period of time?
I'm gonna wait and see if my new MV1 would be good enough for home and outdoor and then will decide on buying a new evo.
The EVO is like an MV1 on steroids without battery wear and tear... I'd do $200 again after 4 years :sherlock: :shrug:. It should last even longer, it has for most people now. As for care, don't leave the EVO on for long periods of time (duh, as you posted but worth mentioning again), treat it well, don't have any water spillage into it or knock it around (I have a two level coffee table and with its big electric cord it best sits near the ground). I've consistently seen most EVO owners with long term ownership and the one's now having to replace being offered a good discount as a repeat owner. It's a great overall ownership community.

What's your current EVO setup @macbill?

@readyman, thx for the update :tup:. Are you still one-hitting concentrates like we posted about earlier? If not let me know what your latest setup is :sherlock:.

Thx @Socks And Sandals :tup:. I recently received US/Canada post confirmation of the shipment with its supplied tracking info. This purchase is well-timed for Canada to escape federal/provincial taxes as over the Christmas holidays the flood of packages means only the big declarations get fully processed. We'll see how it goes this year. All quick and good so far :razz:. Post up your experiences when you can and enjoy :nod: ; look forward to after the holidays.

i used the MBM for my tincture and after I evaporated off alcohol afterwards. I used 145F, but I heard starting at 70F you start loosening certain compounds in the tincture, like cbd and other terps. I think I might let mine evaporate at room temp next time.
Cool to see tincture feedback here :tup:. I keep my glass super clean with no reclaim but am always interested in the other side of the same coin :peace: :nod:.

Lots of great posts and setup/feedback recently in the thread here :nod:. Happy EVO Friday everyone :tup:. The EVO crushed me today :science:. Low temp (320 F) draws of a mix of two super strong sativa strains resulted in epic euphoria :razz: :haw: :lol:. Read more here, http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/whats-in-your-vape-right-now.20710/page-77#post-1431001.

Since then I recently vaped another small ELB of Golden Goat and continued a great evening :evil:... enjoying big clouds again with big THC effects :freak: (it continues to be an frosty strong sativa leaning batch :love:).

Here's a great cleaning thread discussion for EVO glass IMO, from dry mouthpieces to hydratubes and hydrabases. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cleaning-glass-tips-and-using-the-microwave.45621/#post-1431005

I have a late night large double chocolate fresh local baker muffin in front of me for more good times :luv:... enjoy the evening.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have a number of hydratubes, but my favorite is what was called a "mini-circ" by Swagger. It's just the right size and very easy draw. I can hit it seated at my kitchen table without having to touch the EVO other than to pull it towards my face. I'm a very lazy vaporist. Tall hydratubes makes a person stand up for hits.
IMG-0571.jpg

Last edited:

tom32

There is no solder in the basket. Zero. They are welded.

There is solder used inside the evo device but isolated from the air path.

How did you come to that conclusion? If true, then it still worries me VapeXhale and their vendors don't know what the ELB is made out of.

tom32,
Reactions: CANtalk

Baron23

There is no solder in the basket. Zero. They are welded.

There is solder used inside the evo device but isolated from the air path.
I can't swear to it, but that's what it always looked like to me. Welded on the seam of the ELB and press fit of the rings that go around the top of the ELB and its top.

it still worries me VapeXhale and their vendors don't know what the ELB is made out of.

Why do you think that VHX doesn't know what its made of?

Baron23,

tom32

Why do you think that VHX doesn't know what its made of?

They are handing out conflicting information.

One person on Reddit said VHX support told them it was made of SS316. When I contacted them they told me SS304 and aluminum. They told me it contains food grade solder with no lead.

tom32,
Reactions: Baron23

nonamekevin

They are handing out conflicting information.

One person on Reddit said VHX support told them it was made of SS316. When I contacted them they told me SS304 and aluminum. They told me it contains food grade solder with no lead.
I would think if you asked vhx directly, that would be the most accurate information available. Maybe the reddit user misspoke?

tom32

I would think if you asked vhx directly, that would be the most accurate information available. Maybe the reddit user misspoke?

I don't think the Reddit user misspoke. He was confused, too, and said he was going to contact VHX a second time a bit later to see what answer he gets back. VHX first thought it was medical grade and clarified it is SS316. That is consistent within that correspondence, but inconstant with my correspondence.

I wonder if they changed suppliers at some point, or the supplier changed materials without notifying them. So when we both asked 8 months apart the basket is now made out of a different material

In summary:

A Reddit user contacted VHX support ~8 months ago. VHX told him:
- first they don't know the exact grade, but it's medical
- after pushing them to contact their manufacturer, they said it is SS316

I contacted VHX support in November. VHX told me:
- the basket contains aluminum and SS304
- the basket contains food grade solder

It might be interesting if somebody here reaches out to VHX to ask what materials are used in the basket and how it is assembled (open-ended questions, not yes-no) so we can compare notes.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Fire dept broke my Evo. I'm not mad at them I mean they were trying to save my house just sucks it was on an end table easily knocked over. The sleeve had gotten wet but just incase I left it to dry for like 2 weeks. Sadly I didnt notice the bamboo till recently. I'm pretty sure im out of warranty. Is there any way to buy a bamboo? Do I have any options? Would be pretty sad to see this go. Especially after them just having a black Friday sale I knew about. Oh the shitty timing. I need my Evo in my life. Held over w my FP for now but its 2 differet experiences. @macbill that size looks so perfect too bad those swagger tubes are expensive if u can find them. Now ima have to get something like that to. Sometimes sax playing is a little much. Also pretty curious why we dont see these baskets avail anywhere else. Should be easy enough to make and ive seen a few people us them for other methods and vapes. 20 for 4 baskets kills me every time. Someone get on the basket making train

Last edited:

Baron23

Do I have any options? Would be pretty sad to see this go.

Try Vapexhale's Support page....you will find, among other stuff, this:

Other Information.

We designed the unit to withstand years of proper use, however, service fees may apply if repairs become necessary. Actual repair costs will vary but estimated fees for repairs are as follows:

1) Administrative fee for all services done by XHL - $20

2) Burned out Heater* - $125.00

3) Broken Bamboo Glass - $94.99

4) Damage to electronic system due to use with 3rd party equipment. - $150.00

5) Housing Replacement Service - $75.00

*Burned out heaters are typically the result of leaving the unit on 24/7. It is not recommended that you run your EVO with any device that will keep your unit running 24/7. This extended usage can cause damage to your unit, and will void the warranty.​

CANtalk

I can't see the ELBs being welded, the fine mesh screens just aren't amenable welding materials. I searched microwelding and it's still on a macroscale resulting in a significant pool of combined materials that fuse much more significantly than what is observed in the ELB. I don't know where the source of the solderless ELB came from but it has been reported historically in posts here on FC as well as on the net by some (that's what I used when previously discussing ELBs). And I don't find that source to reasonably compete against or rebut the information reported from VXL and @tom32. Maybe that will change if more information comes out but at this point it looks like solder to me with ELBs. It passes the eyeball test too with in the ELBs I have.

The report of food grade solder makes sense too. That type of solder is typically designed and manufactured so that it does not leach heavy metals and materials under use. OTOH, lead free solder may be lead free but it can leach other heavy metals. While 'food grade' is not a common phrase in the solder world, it seems to refer to approved solders for food use, etc, such as NSF designations. Here's some related info, https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general-archive/food-grade-solder-braze-filler-76234/

I also don't doubt that VXL has used a few different suppliers for ELBs over the years. This can also explain why different SS types have been reported in the basket. I'm not sweating this stuff much. YMMV.

I've designed a glass ELB in my head for the EVO. It could be done with a good glass blower and is an interesting thought experiment :2c:.

Thx for sharing the setup and hydratube @macbill! Do you do dry draws as well?

Sorry to hear about that @Xclerk :cry:. It sounds like quite the story. The sale is still on at VXL (ends today, the 8th) and there may be a Christmas sale too. Definitely get the EVO back in your rotation. Reach out to VXL and see what they can do for you and your broken unit. A few here have also recently reported EVO replacements at a good discount.

Friday was fun and it was a nice EVO Saturday yesterday, enjoying some Ghost Train Haze flower and then Blue Dream later.

Cheers :peace: :leaf:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
I have a number of hydratubes, but my favorite is what was called a "mini-circ" by Swagger. It's just the right size and very easy draw. I can hit it seated at my kitchen table without having to touch the EVO other than to pull it towards my face. I'm a very lazy vaporist. Tall hydratubes makes a person stand up for hits.
IMG-0571.jpg
Try Vapexhale's Support page....you will find, among other stuff, this:

Other Information.

We designed the unit to withstand years of proper use, however, service fees may apply if repairs become necessary. Actual repair costs will vary but estimated fees for repairs are as follows:

1) Administrative fee for all services done by XHL - $20

2) Burned out Heater* - $125.00

3) Broken Bamboo Glass - $94.99

4) Damage to electronic system due to use with 3rd party equipment. - $150.00

5) Housing Replacement Service - $75.00

*Burned out heaters are typically the result of leaving the unit on 24/7. It is not recommended that you run your EVO with any device that will keep your unit running 24/7. This extended usage can cause damage to your unit, and will void the warranty.​
Very cool thanks I didnt see this. I reached out anyway hopefully they can help some

Xclerk,
Reactions: Baron23
Top Bottom