1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 4, 2013.

1. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

Ok so, both my evo’s, both whistle now. Both are very hot around 1pm. I don’t go higher than that with flowers as I’m afraid.

I got some new glass. Not from VapeXhale but similar style. Man, it’s awesome. My feelings of missing the hydratree are fading away. LOL.

2. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

I've had an Evo since they first came out: I was part of the "crowd source". Over the years as new vapes came out, I would embrace whatever new technology that caught my fancy. I like all my vapes. They are all fun to use, but somehow, I stopped using the Evo. Now, back in rotation, I have renewed my love and affection. It's good to be back. But they are all my favorites: maybe the VAS has quieted. Who am I kidding?

Vapor_Eyes, JCat, Morty and 3 others like this.
  3. newVaper420

What were you using instead of the Evo? I've been a loyal VapeXhale Cloud * user since 2012. I've never felt the need to use anything else at home.

I do have an E-Nano, a Mighty, and a Grasshopper. But really, the Cloud is in a league of it's own.

4. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

What was I using? All these fun toys I kept acquiring. I SnowBird 4-5 months a year, and you can't bring all the toys. At home there are a fixed amount of hours, and I did my best, I swear, but I just never could use them all at once. Just another failure: I guess I'll have a hit or two to help assuage the guilt. Talk amongst yourselves.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  5. Ripbongs420

Ripbongs420 vapiff

So I missed the big glass picture drop, but it got me thinking. Whatever happened to the sovereignty glass hydratube(s)? I mean IIRC there was at least one made that SM55 had. Were there more? Does Seibo still have the maybe only one? Hmmm :hmm:

6. newVaper420

That was even before my time with the Cloud. Never even had a chance to order one of those.

7. Taz German

Taz German New Member

Is anyone interested in selling a Ta Moko Heatshield? I'm really chasing one.!
    Or does someone know a website who still got it?
    Thanks in advance

8. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

I'm considering getting a cloud evo as my first desktop with the sale that's going on. Two questions:

1) which of the hydratubes makes sense? My gf likes to not cough but I like to preserve flavor and still have some cooling for bigger hits.

2) how inconvenient is a plugged in desktop in a living room coffee table context? I'm concerned about the power cord for passing around. I do like the glass options more than the whip setup though since I'll rarely if ever use it in a group setting.

JCat likes this.
  9. gaseous_clay

gaseous_clay Well-Known Member

1. I do not have any of the current standard HT's, but considering you have different needs for two people maybe you should consider getting a Lynx with both a standard mouthpiece & a Calyx. Then you could switch to the standard if you want more flavor & use the Calyx for more filtration. (I have a Calyx & like it, but do not have a Lynx... I have an older Hydracirc HT that is basically the same design. It's also nice to ckick back with a J-hook so you don't have to sit up a foot above the EVO.

2. Don't know your room setup (would be creepy if I did!) but I would say you would be right to be concerned about setting up in the middle of a room on a coffee table. The cord isn't really that long, but an extension cord would solve that. Then you risk someone (even you) tripping over the cord & making a BIG problem. If you do, maybe consider one of those strips to run cords through in high traffic areas just so the extension cord isn't easy to trip over.

Since it's a standard computer power cable I just have a couple cords plugged into different outlets where I use it. Then I can unplug at the unit & move it. I don't leave it plugged in when not in use either.

I just wish I could find a nicer cord... something softer & braided would be REAL nice! Doesn't look like they make them though.

10. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

Smart man.

bossman and His_Highness like this.
  11. wall

wall Well-Known Member

I was trying to decide between this and the flowerpot from new vape, got the new vape and don't regret it but I will still be getting an EVO down the road because it looks amazing, you cant go wrong with this one

JCat and bossman like this.
  12. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

Thanks for the input guys and thanks for the detailed response @gaseous_clay!

13. newVaper420

There was a video Seibo did comparing the hydratubes.

Click to play YouTube Video

I liked the video.

14. oldiebutgoodie

oldiebutgoodie Apostle, Church of Vaporization

The vid posted by @newVaper420 is helpful. Personally I just don't notice that much taste difference between the current HT perc's, but then again, I have oldie taste buds so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Fwiw, my choice would be the Bomb, with it's mini-Mobius style perc --> better action.

The stock power cord is not friendly, and it's heavy next to the EVO so moving the cord can easily move the unit. A more flexible, lighter weight cord is easier to work with. I use a 6ft 18AWG/10A/125V flat cord (5-15/C13). I've seen these longer, maybe 8ft. There are also lightweight round cables up to ~25ft.

:myday::peace:

15. newVaper420

I would not get the Turbine again. That's what I have. So, take that for what it's worth. I'd probably go with the Bomb too.

MonkeyTime, JCat and kellya86 like this.
  16. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

May I please ask why? I have a turbine and rather like it.

17. newVaper420

Not enough diffusion for me. Can get rather harsh / hot if you are taking a massive rip. Which, due to my tolerance, is what I need. LOL.

Hope that explains it :-)

Summer, Vapor_Eyes, JCat and 3 others like this.
  18. kellya86

kellya86 Herb gardener...

See i know the turbine has the least diffusion, but i never find it harsh or hot..
    Even with a stupidly greedy dab...

Vapor_Eyes, MinnBobber and JCat like this.
  19. newVaper420

Definitely for me. I've been practicing on taking 30 second rips.... It's very hard with the Turbine. Hahahaha. And much easier with my new super diffusion 10-arm tree hydrabase and symbiartic hydratube :-).

But everyone is different :-)

Vapor_Eyes, kellya86 and JCat like this.
  20. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

haha That's why I bought one! LOL

Different wrenches (spanners for our UK friends) for different nuts

21. newVaper420

You know, I just pulled it out again.... I put it on top of my hydrabase. Ok I'm loving that combination. I'm ripped right now. LOL

22. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

23. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

Wait have I been dialed out too long, what I’m earth is that thing and does it actually function?

withoutbliss and newVaper420 like this.
  24. newVaper420

What, what is this?

25. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

No like, LOVE IT!!

kellya86 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors