• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Does Vapexhale email me a tracking number when the EVO is being sent back from repairs. Thanks FC family
I got a tracking number emailed to me, so that seems to be the protocol. It'll be for FedEx Ground.

Hey my evo is arriving tomorrow morning.

Any tips before using it? Like what temp burn off is needed and for how long?

Also how long do i generally have to wait before i should put the ELB in the glass and what temp should i start with? Thanks
Congrats. I don't think a burnoff is necessary. Enjoy it out of the box. I recommend starting at noon on the dial and experimenting from there. Let it warm up for ~15 minutes before using it for best results.:2c:

:peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Also how long do i generally have to wait before i should put the ELB in

I let mine get got to the touch on top...
Like @Stu says, a good 15 mins will do this...
Your gonna be a happy fcer tomorrow....

When i first got mine i was expectimg to be blown away by the clouds... but although the clouds are indeed mighty, it was the taste that really amazed me.......

Gigsabits53

I let mine get got to the touch on top...
Like @Stu says, a good 15 mins will do this...
Your gonna be a happy fcer tomorrow....

When i first got mine i was expectimg to be blown away by the clouds... but although the clouds are indeed mighty, it was the taste that really amazed me.......

Could not agree more! I was very surprised at the taste profile. A huge bonus to the Evo.

Parentalcontrol2

I got the vape a few days ago and i took like 3 bowls around 50% full and i got pretty ripped like 6/10. Each bowl i got like 4-5 hits of big clouds. Was on 1o'clock to 3o'clock

Yesterday i tried a few bowls around 50% full as well and use it around the same temp range working up from 12'oclock and there isnt much cloud. Also the AVB is pretty golden yellow after like 4 hits.

How long should i wait before my next tokes? I dont pack my bowl either.

Gigsabits53

I got the vape a few days ago and i took like 3 bowls around 50% full and i got pretty ripped like 6/10. Each bowl i got like 4-5 hits of big clouds. Was on 1o'clock to 3o'clock

Yesterday i tried a few bowls around 50% full as well and use it around the same temp range working up from 12'oclock and there isnt much cloud. Also the AVB is pretty golden yellow after like 4 hits.

How long should i wait before my next tokes? I dont pack my bowl either.

I normally use 12 o'clock as my starting spot for flower, or somewhere in that range. The clouds get much bigger when I have the dial closer to 2 o'clock.

I usually pack very loosely and no more than 1/2 full in the elb. IME the airflow becomes constricted with too much bud, especially if its packed.

The only other thing I would mention is to make sure you keep your elb's clean, also your hydratube if you have one. That can also affect performance. Sort of the same for every vape, keep them clean to perform well. Yours should be clean since you just got it but thats the only other thing I can think of, assuming its the same bud.

aspire2b

Hi all,

Don't think I've seen this come up before...

I have an international EVO with the 3 prong kettle plug power supply.

The Earth prong is longer than the L & N. This is causing my kettle plug to hinge on the Earth prong dropping power in and out as I use it which results in green blinking light that requires reset.

This is a huge PITA anyone else have this issue???

Also, any idea what a blinking green light means?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi all,

The Earth prong is longer than the L & N. This is causing my kettle plug to hinge on the Earth prong dropping power in and out as I use it which results in green blinking light that requires reset.

Only time i see a green blinking light, is when i switch it off and on too slow...
I assume it does this to avoid thermal shock to the bamboo..
Flashing green means no heater right..????

The earth prong is longer, i have no issues...
Maybe you should send it in....

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hi all,

Are you sure you aren't running into the auto-shutoff timer after an hour?

MonkeyTime

Thats red and green no...?????
Yes :tup:

I've not seen or heard of the flashing green.

As for the grounded plug being longer than the L/N, that's by design, it should always be the first made, last broke connection. Are you sure there's nothing broke off inside?

Wait a second, are you talking about in the wall receptacle end or at the Evo itself?

PureVapr

Hi guys.

Wanted to first say I love love love my evo, had it for a few years now and wouldn’t be without it. Having said that, please everybody take note of this bit on their website:

CAUTION: The EVO™ is a high heat device. Never leave your EVO™ turned on and unattended. The EVO™ may be inverted during inhalation. However, do NOT leave the EVO™ inverted for an extended period of time.

My evo burst into flames today, I was in the room and got it out in time, but if I wasn’t there who knows how it could have ended.

Just don’t leave it unattended and all should be cool :)

MonkeyTime

Hi guys.

Wanted to first say I love love love my evo, had it for a few years now and wouldn’t be without it. Having said that, please everybody take note of this bit on their website:

CAUTION: The EVO™ is a high heat device. Never leave your EVO™ turned on and unattended. The EVO™ may be inverted during inhalation. However, do NOT leave the EVO™ inverted for an extended period of time.

My evo burst into flames today, I was in the room and got it out in time, but if I wasn’t there who knows how it could have ended.

Can we get some details? How long was it on? Inverted? Was that an older cloud model?

Gigsabits53

Hi guys.

Wow, sorry to hear that. I have never heard of an Evo doing this. It really was on fire?

FreddieFresh

Hi guys.

Yes, this is the first report of the runaway heater issue I've seen in probably 2 years. I had assumed the problem was resolved. Could you please share what happened and/or some pics? Is your EVO an international unit? Have you kept it on and/or inverted for prolonged periods of time?

PureVapr

Hello vapourists,

I’m from UK. I used to use it inverted with the hydrabase but no longer use that glass since the joint broke.
Only use it upright now. Very regular user of the Evo.

I’m being taken care of by uk retailer & Vapexhale. I just wanted to point out the part about not leaving it unattended, because it’s scary.

https://instagram.com/p/BYTEw7ABoSv/

Again, I wish no ills to manufacturer or retailer, just putting it out there about not leaving it unattended so nobody burns.

FreddieFresh

Hello vapourists,

I’m from UK. I used to use it inverted with the hydrabase but no longer use that glass since the joint broke.
Only use it upright now. Very regular user of the Evo.

I’m being taken care of by uk retailer & Vapexhale. I just wanted to point out the part about not leaving it unattended, because it’s scary.

https://instagram.com/p/BYTEw7ABoSv/

Again, I wish no ills to manufacturer or retailer, just putting it out there about not leaving it unattended so nobody burns.

Holy fuck! I've seen melted units but never one that was actually on fire! Scary stuff. Thanks for sharing and glad @VapeFiend.com is taking care of the situation and that no harm was done. That could've ended very badly. Obviously, it's not very common but it would be nice to know what causes this. I really thought this problem had been resolved. But regardless of frequency, such a dangerous issue without a specific known cause or fix is a bit alarming

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
That's some scary shit @PureVapr! While I never use the Evo inverted and I respect the auto-shutoff timer, I am guilty of leaving my Evo unattended in another room while it's on. I will put an end to that practice immediately. Thank you so much for the heads up, and it's good to hear that no harm was done and that your Evo will be promptly replaced by VapeFiend.

MileHighHuman

Hi guys.

Wow I feel so blessed thinking about all the times I've left mine on and unattended.

Back in 2014 or 2015 my EVO had issue where the bamboo turned orange.
Mine never caught on fire, most likely since i unplugged it immediately.

But anyways, VapeXhale support informed me the orange colored bamboo indicates overheating.
And the unit was trashed, and i was sent a brand new one.
So i assume yours started overheating, and for too long. Lol.

Not sure what happens to cause over heating to occur?
But I'm pretty confident that this is what happened to your unit.

Were you using max temp?

Also good to know you and your home were not damaged in anyway!

PureVapr

It was glowing orange just before it caught fire, so yes definitely overheated.

Only use at just gone 12, unless for concentrates then it’s max temp (but not had some this week).

I’m gonna love my new unit but I’ll be switching it off when I leave the room.

All the best.

TboneToker

Ataxian do you think you would like the flowerpot since it uses less glass, you could do your dabs and herbs with it.

Woah! I wonder what happened to that ! The flames!?!? D:

Hmmm.. Great job Vapefiend and @stonemonkey55 Seibo for replying so quickly and trying to fix it all!

Last edited:

Baron23

It was glowing orange just before it caught fire, so yes definitely overheated.

Only use at just gone 12, unless for concentrates then it’s max temp (but not had some this week).

I’m gonna love my new unit but I’ll be switching it off when I leave the room.

All the best.
I don't know that you will ever find out, but I would be very interested in knowing exactly which material within the EVO caught fire and sustained combustion. Certainly not any of the boro. Was it the plastic body or something further internal.

Do you still have the smoking carcass? If so, have you opened it to see if there were any insights to be had?

Did VXH ask for the burnt on back. If I were they, I would be VERY interested in a failure mode/effect analysis on this as they do have liability for their product to some great extent.

Really glad you are ok and no real harm done.

I still love my EVO! :rockon::nod::clap:

Top Bottom