Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

ambertrichome

Evo down today:uhoh: no lights after approximately 12 months of use. I've had the issue with the lights not coming on twice before since new and a few times when the plug at the back came lose.Those times it happened I just needed to flick the switch back on and off or push in the plug and all was good but not this time:doh: It's still under warranty:D being in Australia may delay the warranty processing a bit fingers crossed it all goes smoothly:suspicious: Looks like the mighty will have to step up as my daily for awhile :sherlock:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Evo down:uhoh: no lights. I've had the issue with the lights not coming on twice before since new.
Those times it happened I just needed to flick the switch back on and off and all was good not this time:doh: Living in Australia may delay the warranty processing a bit fingers crossed it all goes smoothly:suspicious: Looks like the mighty will have to step up as my daily for awhile :sherlock:
Don't know your real problem, but I have been faked out by not checking the plug connection in the back of the EVO. :doh: Is there any electrical conversion needed for your unit? Don't know the AUS standard. Hope the problem is local and easily corrected. Otherwise good luck and godspeed with the warranty.

I'm only a state away from where mine needed to be sent. It went great and even had an ELB in the socket when it arrived. :luv:

ambertrichome

Don't know your real problem, but I have been faked out by not checking the plug connection in the back of the EVO. :doh: Is there any electrical conversion needed for your unit? Don't know the AUS standard. Hope the problem is local and easily corrected. Otherwise good luck and godspeed with the warranty.

I'm only a state away from where mine needed to be sent. It went great and even had an ELB in the socket when it arrived. :luv:
Yeah I've had the back fake out deal a few times as well. I have plugged, plugged and re plugged no dice.:bang: Re electrical conversion/step down converter no it's a 240v version.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Other fake out is using a different power cords that is supposed to be compatible. Had that with PC's and monitors. Otherwise, yea maybe a PCB or wiring problem. Well good luck.

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion I noticed you have two Cloud EVOs:tup:got me thinking :hmm: I may have to do the same at some point.......just as a back up, you now what I mean:rofl:.
I getting this whole VAS thing now:doh::worms::sherlock:
Oh, I do know what you mean. :nod:I had one EVO keep me calm while the other one was being looked at. That is how much my piece of mind is. :freak:

You have to deal with AUS->US->AUS.:ugh: I wouldn't accuse you of VAS is you had two. :lol: But then again I own an arsenal of vapes. :haw:

Not like when my only vape was a PAX v1. And that went back 4X! NO #2 vape either. But I said to myself then Oh Fuckcombustion!:myday: So. I got creative and overheated a lot of glass.:science:

Godspeed on your return! Your EVO might be going to Pennsylvania. Have you ever wanted to go to Pennsylvania? Well tell it to enjoy the trip. Just let it get to room temp when it get's home if you live in the cold season. It took a couple hours for mine to reach room temp before it started to work right. Safety feature to not allow the EVO's glass to get heat shocked.:peace:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Evos come in pairs No????

Well they should....

I'm trying to decide whether to bring my evo to America with me for my holiday...

What you think???

Will it get broke???
EVOs are certainly worth having in pairs if you like the piece of mind. @kellya86. You steered me towards getting an EVO knowing full well I'd be the type of person that'd ponder buying two. :cheers:

:nod: I feel for anybody not in the US even more so. Like sending my EQ back to Canada to the rep. :ugh: No it's much worse I'm sure.

I don't have a good answer for your EVO quandary. :hmm:

1. Can you have it mailed to a US post office and ask to have it held? I know about things like ADK hikers arranging food and supply drops and have them held for a short period as they hike thru a remote area with only a few tiny post offices in between. That is the only option for them in some cases.

2. Can you have it on your carry on? Might even be the best solution for customs? But then again I don't fly.:shrug: If you have the red caps to cover the exposed ends and had a packing solution that didn't look off. Or pack it like it is going to get mailed when you reach the US. ;)
Just saving money on international postage, right?

3. Maybe start a thread for 'vape travelers.' if there isn't one already.

I would consider any/all shock weatherproof solutions. I believe the used one I got last, may as a result of travel, had the bamboo slip away from the insulation and the heating element shifted enough to cause my heating problem. KIM this was a ground delivery over one of the coldest months of the season. Anyway avoid cold extremes and/or prepare accordingly.

We talked about the other options. There is a lot more retailer and a lot of US ebay listings for just base units, if you wanted to go that avenue. Maybe even in the $200 range. More than when it cam up last.

Keep an eye on the classified forums for an FCer who might happen to want to part with one and willing to work with you.

MinnBobber

Does that mean i can't charge my solo either?
Or can i just use an adapter...
.....................................................................................
The AC power/charger unit should have a spec sheet, like here in US??
For example, my miniVAP power unit lists: 100-240 V, 50-60 HZ. Since it's made in Europe it comes with a converter tip, to change the Euro round 2 prong end to a US plug in.
So, you might only need the small plug in converter piece?

I went the other direction, from US to Amsterdam and ruled out any of my vapes that were as large as Solo or VXL and only wanted one vape so had to go with small portable style, not a desktop. Actually "wanted" to take many vapes but thought it best to only take one small vape to try make sure no customs/airport/travel hassles or legal problems.

I went to AMS with Vapor Prima and it was decent but probably would do Haze V3 next time or the Mighty (but it is a little large).
@kellya86 you might want to consider the Dynavap Vapcap M for a tiny yet powerful and tastee, -- never needs charging on the road and can use quickly etc. Very nice travel vape.

Zow237

I just checked my cord and for my power supply and it says 300 volts... is that not right? I got it from someone locally and I was seeing 110v here on the page and the webpage

Last edited:

Zow237

when I'm using concentrates the light always seems to turn red when I insert an xnail. any one know why this happens? ive been putting very small amounts in the tube but as soon as it starts to bubble the light turns red and doesn't go green for a bit

JCat

Accessory Maker
when I'm using concentrates the light always seems to turn red when I insert an xnail. any one know why this happens? ive been putting very small amounts in the tube but as soon as it starts to bubble the light turns red and doesn't go green for a bit
Sounds ok to me (I'm not a concentrate guy though). Sounds like inserting the cooler nail into the bamboo causes the temp to drop a little, probably just enough to cause the light to change until the temp is brought back up. I think this is actually a sign of a relatively well tuned EVO :)

It is working correctly right (as far as vapor production)?

Zow237

Sounds ok to me (I'm not a concentrate guy though). Sounds like inserting the cooler nail into the bamboo causes the temp to drop a little, probably just enough to cause the light to change until the temp is brought back up. I think this is actually a sign of a relatively well tuned EVO :)

It is working correctly right (as far as vapor production)?

This is great to hear! Yes it is working just fine the vapor production is just amazing. I do one little scoop of herb get 3 hard pulls and wallah hahah also the dabs are one big pull and done. I got it with a hydra tube for 180 so I'm super pleased. The person actually received it as a gift from Steven Tyler haha. Not sure if I believe it but who knows haha. But anywho I'm glad to see that it's working correctly and there is nothing to be worried about.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Knock knock
- Who's there?
Vapinghole
- Vapinghole who?

That's not important right now. What's really important is that I'm effing ripped thanks to my 3.5-year-old EVO.

The Energizer Bunny ain't got nothin on this mo fo. I keep hitting it, daily, and it keeps going, and going, and going.

Every now and then--maybe once every 6 months--I bust out my early bird hydratube monsterfuck thingy to get that tornado swirly shit going while I fondle its opal knobs.

TMI? Sorry. I'll behave. ;)

Point being, the EVO continues delivering beyond my initial expectations.

Peace and love,
Your friendly low-temp hempist

ambertrichome

I'm really gonna miss my evo for 3 weeks on holiday....
I'll have my solo and vapvap....
But man I'll miss my evo....

It's gonna destroy me when I get back....
I sent mine in for warranty today and was debating whether or not to pay for express postage, after about 2 minutes it was clear to the me sooner the evo returns the better. I miss the EVO already even though I'm on honey moon with my new SBL MAXX.

Top Bottom