1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

CH is the greatness intellect of my generation.
    I wish he MEDICATED with CANNABIS.

The EVO with TOP SHELF CANNABIS = CIVILIZED

CANNABIS is safer than milk?

ORWELL - DAWKINS - HAWKING - HARRIS - PINKER - PAINE
    BILL NYE - JON STEWART - RICKY GERVAIS
    HENDRICKS - BOWIE - SNOOP DOGG - WIZ - WILLIE and so many more.

EVO for all!

HITCHEN'S great writer!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

I don't think the liquid crystal polymer (LCP) is available in clear. It's within the realm of possibility that the body shape could be changed and slits or light ports put in. The shape of the body right now is kinda dictated by the circuit board so that would probably have to be changed.

The heating element is in the top half of the case. The bottom half, the electronics bay, is below and is separated from the heater bay by a wall. The idea is to keep the circuit board as cool as possible because heat puts mileage on electronics.

JCat, ataxian, Stoned Cold and 4 others like this.
  3. blanklyperfect

blanklyperfect New Member

I had the same concerns about it being obsolete soon but I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it anyway - my first vape! What's the $100 off coupon you mentioned?

4. smartbass

smartbass Member

Can the evo be used to Vape oils with the nail

CuckFumbustion and ataxian like this.
  5. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I don't know?

I do it all the time?

maybe I'm wrong?

The EVO threw me under the bus?

FLAVOR so amazing?

HONEY OIL/SOUR DIESEL = CIVILIZED

I found a NAIL and use it until I break it.

3,000 - 6,000 years maybe unbreakables will be available?

The EVO is a device that MEDICATES!

6. stoneleopard

stoneleopard Active Member

I dropped my first nail like 2" onto a hard surface and it shattered. Are the quartz nails appreciably sturdier or should I just get a few of the regular ones?

CuckFumbustion and ataxian like this.
  7. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

You and @hondalol1 will be happy :) I like a lot of my vapes and don't use the EVO the most, but I would say that the EVO is my best vape by far. The only reason I don't use it as much is simply convenience of the log vapes on the table (it is on 24/7) and the fact that I have a really hard time regulating myself with the EVO to any point other than just simply high off my rocker. I gets me higher than any other vape IMO and it is the best overall experience regarding taste and big hits, idk I am a guy who likes getting a lung full and it's hard for me to huff something and get a good low temp hit usually but the EVO lets me do this, and I can huff for high temp hits and they taste fantastic too. Just overall my favorite vape and it cured my VAS on desktops in a huge way.

Also, since you basically rip it like a bong with the hydratube, I think this facilitates you getting higher. You get a bunch of vapor, you pull it off and clear it, and that facilitates fresh air into your lungs too and pushes everything down deep and maybe I'm just high spitballing but I always get really deeply stoned using it

Also I think i get so high cause it just tastes so so so good that you want more lol. Days I get a new flavor or two to try, best believe I won't be doing anything for the day other than chilling with the EVO :lol:

It's a good investment is all I'm trying to say

8. MonsterWithoutBorders

MonsterWithoutBorders Philosophim

What a great positive review. I agree. It gets me higher off of a very small amount. I hit it for 1/4 elb then i go out with my portable choice.

9. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Own a UD and Agree with the entirety of the last post. :nod: The log vape doesn't have all the hardware and design needed to keep a piece of glass heated and from overheating. So it is a great trade off in a vape from the all glass pathway that the EVO is best at in a desktop to a more convenient sized-smaller footprint rugged 'desk' vape. :2c: A little best of both worlds for desktops. ;)

Aha:sherlock:... I get more of the picture now and answers more of my question as to where the heat element is.

So the electronics are mostly on the bottom and the 'oven' on top. The bamboo's shape might also try to direct the heat in some way and keep the heat more towards the top. :hmm:

I like the integrity of only a hard switch and a hard analog dial and a two piece enclosure. The outside of the EVO does get warm so I would want any lights to be perhaps built into the switch enclosure and/or double as a vent for the electronics. I like the light slits with a dot of clear epoxy because that would avoid any special wiring or redesign or mess with anybody's personal heat shield. :zzz:But hey keep dreaming.

10. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

No. ihmo, the shape of the bamboo guides the air through constrictions, which creates a high/low pressure oscillation, which you hear as a whistle, which scrubs actives aggressively off of your medicine.
    Well right now they are just on the PCB and I don't see that changing.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Justpassedu and CuckFumbustion like this.
  11. CuckFumbustion

I presumed the whistle was happening at the hole in the center. There is more surface area than with say a straight tube of glass. Also have a better imagined visual of how the air might drag across the surface. How it can even itself to a moderate temp but still have the oscillation you are describing.
    Yea, I kinda like the integrity point I mentioned anyway.
    One less thing to go faulty. In my real opinion.:2c: They should exploit more of the light that is being emitted is what I'd aim for. That narrows it down to my slits and epoxy or some modification of the enclosure. Maybe along the seam?
    Own a CFX portable, so the ELBs are interchangeable with my EVO. :)I would consider the question of buying extra ELBs to a first time buyer and getting a cleaning rotation. Been using PBW and getting on the FC PBW thread for answers for cleaning glass and SS.

Vapor EVOlution for all! :sherlock:

ataxian, Justpassedu and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  12. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

There is more than one hole through that creamy center . . . ;)

JCat and CuckFumbustion like this.
  13. cmoney

cmoney Member

I will post a pic in the morning, I saved the stuff for a bit but have since thrown it out. More has built up since then. I'm probably going to end up needing to order some new nails because there's no way I'm gonna be able to scrape it all off.

14. Stormsend

Stormsend Well-Known Member

Hey
    Considering picking up either of the three hydra bases (honey, octa, or bomb) to go with my standard turbine and incycler. Does anyone have these and can you tell me if they are worth it, how they affect the original set up, and what are the differences between the three? Not expecting many people to have but figured I would give it a shot. Thanks!

ataxian likes this.
  15. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

I've only got the bomb one, but i think I understand the differences between them like this:
    Bomb: High diffusion, works the same (with same diffusion) at every angle, so it may be good if you don't have it on ground/table while hitting it. It probably has the least drag, so it could be cleared the fastest when you disconnect the EVO (making use of the holes all the way to the bottom)
    Honey: Very high diffusion if upright (on table/ground), less diffusion when tilted.
    Octa: Low diffusion, probably also even less when tilted, but bubbles are released at the very bottom in this one, so they spend more time going up and the action will look different and will agitate the water more.

In short, the bomb/honey are the high diffusion ones that fire from the top, the honey would have more diffusion but only when straight up. The octa has a low diffusion fired from the bottom, agitating the water more and keeping more flavor.

Nesta, Stoned Cold, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  16. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes unfiltered

Would it be possible to torch it clean? That's what I do with my nails when they start to get black, and they get crystal clear again after torching.

JCat and ataxian like this.
  17. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

OK, I'm JADE however CIVILIZED

MONDAY I love!
    EVO is like a CARERAFT for CANNABIS
    [​IMG]
    READING and CANNABIS = CIVILIZED

JCat and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  18. Gigsabits53

Gigsabits53 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you say. I use my Underdog more often than my Evo. Same reason, pure convenience. The EVO is the one I use when I want to get very medicated. The taste profile is superb. It also has versatility because it is great for concentrates as well. I have an e-nail but I use the Evo for concentrates often. I just need to get my hands on the quartz nails.

19. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Logs are WOOD turned on a lathe?
    The heating element is stuffed inside?
    Appliance not ART!
    Quarts NAILS I do like. (a lot) I'm kind of bias?

High-tech Composite would be even better.
    I am guilty of being a flavor chaser!

An EVO taste 100000 x better than a log.

Don't get me wrong or misunderstand me?
    I have a LOG and use it all the time.
    Maybe your different?

The EVO is amazing to me?

20. CuckFumbustion

I empty my ABV from my UD and fill my ELB's for later. Then end with a fresh ELB. Best compromise between convenience. tolerance control and flavor.
    Purer in taste, indeed. Better? Well I actually crave my UD. Like a favorite wooden pipe. Maybe it's the art chaser in me. But I love my UD and have it on FT when home. Where the EVO, I have to mind the glass and shut off timer. But when it is heat primed, I can be a little more precise with heat regulation.
    I'll keep my eye out for it.:cool:
    It is nice to have choices and feel well rounded with my desktops.
    Fun fact - First discovered bongs were unbreakable.
    World’s oldest bongs discovered in Russia | Dangerous Minds
    [​IMG]

Nesta, Stoned Cold, Paradox and 4 others like this.
  21. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I know I can be outrageous!

However I'm medicated to a CIVILIZED level.

My NANO is on 24/7 and taste very good.
    The EVO I heat up maybe 5 minutes?

I like the EVO the best however I use others as well.

Recently I use it upside down. Its pretty cool to break out my water pipes.

Just being opinionated!

All this talk about QUARTZ NAIL?

Time for a DAB = CIVILIZED

EXCUSE ME WHILE I RIP A DAB = EVO BLISS

22. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle Well-Known Member

What is up my evo bros and hoes! Been a while but still enjoying this device. Had it for a year and a half no issues yet

23. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Welcome back to FLAVOR country.

I had a session with GUGGI strain + EVO + FC 187 water tool = MASSIVE COMA ACTION
    MCA = I love the EVO

CIVILIZED = EVO

THC over 27%?

Night Night!

Justpassedu, Nesta, waxdab23 and 3 others like this.
  24. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes unfiltered

I have to say my log (nano) tastes just as pure as my Evo. The Evo can give bigger blasts of flavor since it holds more material than my log stems. So you could say it tastes better because the flavor is more intense, but as far as purity they're the same in my opinion.

The beautiful thing about this pale blue dot is that we all have our own opinions, nothing could be more civilized, in fact! ;)

You may be outrageous, @ataxian, but I love you! :tup:

ataxian likes this.
  25. Nesta

Nesta Well-Known Member

An improvement I'd like to see on the next gen EVO is some rubber feet on the bottom to keep it from sliding around.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors