Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I haven't used the neoprene sleeve. My EVO had that new electronic smell at first. Try adding some cannabis in the ELB and let that burn without drawing for a little while, if you have enough product to waste. After a while take it out and check to see if you notice the smell.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Slow Draw McGraw My neoprene sleeves stinks really badly too FYI. I guess that's normal, Hopefully they will find a better material to make them out of in the future.

And for everyone having ELB issues with the new small ELBS I got sent to more ELBS as replacements for the small ELBS and they were the same small ones that fall right out. So I had a friend of mine bring one of his over from several months ago to see what the difference is. Well here are my findings. Even if you squeeze them, These fall out when inverted and really suck! His slightly larger one worked so much better. I'll let Customer Support know so they can try and correct it For future customers. But I don't think they're going to send me anymore.

Old Elb Diameter/Length 11.8/28.7mm

New Elb Diameter/Length
11.5/27.5

EA0DAABA-9D6C-4A8D-9616-CE0CD3D0945D.jpg

D9CA5920-2859-4DE6-AE47-B5A8FADB5DE2.jpg

D4C06CB7-9652-4561-9429-06D79867E7FD.jpg
08FB47D6-8FCF-4666-9E79-B3EED96E45C0.jpg

UnidenWallet

@Slow Draw McGraw My neoprene sleeves stinks really badly too FYI. I guess that's normal, Hopefully they will find a better material to make them out of in the future.

And for everyone having ELB issues with the new small ELBS I got sent to more ELBS as replacements for the small ELBS and they were the same small ones that fall right out. So I had a friend of mine bring one of his over from several months ago to see what the difference is. Well here are my findings. Even if you squeeze them, These fall out when inverted and really suck! His slightly larger one worked so much better. I'll let Customer Support know so they can try and correct it For future customers. But I don't think they're going to send me anymore.

New Elb Diameter/Length
11.5/27.5

D9CA5920-2859-4DE6-AE47-B5A8FADB5DE2.jpg

D4C06CB7-9652-4561-9429-06D79867E7FD.jpg
08FB47D6-8FCF-4666-9E79-B3EED96E45C0.jpg

Two of my ELBs also slide out. Thank you for the post, I knew I wasnt the only one!!

UnidenWallet,
Reactions: ataxian

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
My sleeve was also really stinky but I haven't taken it off since I got it and it doesn't smell anymore, probably dissipated after a few days of use (12-14 hours use time??)

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: ataxian

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I thought one had to... it's in the accessories section at VapeXHale site and I've read stories of joints getting stuck.
Way back in this thread, someone stated that VXL tapers the bamboo joint to avoid joint lock. I'm not sure where that information came from or the accuracy of that.

I used to be a religious Toob Loob user. But I don't use it on my EVO anymore, and I've had no problems. I still use Toob Loob on other glass on glass connections (I have had stuff get a little stuck in the past), just not the EVO. I've also used Slide Right in the past; I prefer Toob Loob.

c76man,
Reactions: Stu

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
I thought one had to... it's in the accessories section at VapeXHale site and I've read stories of joints getting stuck.
Hey how's it going?
So, right out the box the joints would stick. Not very, slick to say the least.
However, that is expected with new glass IN MY EXPERIENCE.
I used the lube from vapexhale just to make sure the transitioning from Hydrafoot to EVO was as smooth as possible.

There was a period in time where I did not use the lube and the hydrafoot stuck to the hydratube very much. I'm glad actually, because my buddy kept lifting the hydratube with the hydrafoot stuck to it!!! Thank heavens!!!

Anyways, the toob loob works if you have issues with cold glass or if you want ease with lifting your glass from glass joints.

VapoRoor,
Reactions: myla

aJtorelax

I haven't used the neoprene sleeve. My EVO had that new electronic smell at first. Try adding some cannabis in the ELB and let that burn without drawing for a little while, if you have enough product to waste. After a while take it out and check to see if you notice the smell.

hey carol thanks for the reply, hate that you had the same smell but i guess im not the only one..

Ive been running it in the bedroom for at least 6 hours combined now in total at 2-3oclock, the smell keeps getting weaker giving me hope that i might possibly be able to use it tomorrow.. i could smell it (not strong but noticeable) in the room after a good 2 hours with the door/window closed, and i actually do have some material good for wasting lol but I need to be sure the smell is gone.. hoping for some luck so i can use it already!

My sleeve was also really stinky but I haven't taken it off since I got it and it doesn't smell anymore, probably dissipated after a few days of use (12-14 hours use time??)

good to know, i wonder if leaving the sleeve out in the sun for a short period of time will help speed it up

aJtorelax,

c76man

I have some newer hydrafoots that are smooth glass rather than a ground glass joint. Those don't seem to stick.

That's why the hydratubes with the wide base are so user friendly.

c76man,

Potificate

Way back in this thread, someone stated that VXL tapers the bamboo joint to avoid joint lock. I'm not sure where that information came from or the accuracy of that.

I used to be a religious Toob Loob user. But I don't use it on my EVO anymore, and I've had no problems. I still use Toob Loob on other glass on glass connections (I have had stuff get a little stuck in the past), just not the EVO. I've also used Slide Right in the past; I prefer Toob Loob.

I'll keep that in mind when I get a bubbler... can you explain why you prefer Toob Loob? Consistency? Ease of use? How long it lasts?

I have some newer hydrafoots that are smooth glass rather than a ground glass joint. Those don't seem to stick.

That's why the hydratubes with the wide base are so user friendly.
Which ones are those? In the photos all the current ones seem to have the same base to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Potificate,

c76man

Which ones are those? In the photos all the current ones seem to have the same base to me.
The current hydratubes all have the wide base and sit on a table without a foot. Older versions required a foot to stand up.

Edit: Slide Right gets sticky over time. Toob Loob maintains its consistency better over time. I also like the starting consistency of Toob better.

c76man,

jim-bob

Kinda weird, though - they're also showing a Hydraline and they sold "the last of those" at least half a dozen times over the last year or so.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So some of you may have noticed the Turbine issue I had. Well they sent me a second turbine and they asked me $75 for the screwed up one. Let me start by saying I am certain VapeXhale will make all of this right. I would not worry about buying anything from them if I were someone looking to buy the EVO. Don't let these posts discourage you it is a GREAT VAPE AND I LOVE IT! It may not be perfect the first try but they will work to correct the issues. My only complaint is that their lack of QC puts the customers through quite a bit of unnecessary wasted time and grief.

I was going to do that and trade my "Good" one for a HydraBomb on the classifieds. Well I did a water test and this turbine is EVEN WORSE! The perc is straight BUT it is not sealed to the center correctly. There are 2 huge gaps where all of the air travels (path of least resistance of course). NONE of the vapor travels through the actual perc on this unit so I will obviously not be trading it to one of you guys.

I showed them and they agree that this one is completely screwed. Now I have asked for them to send me a Hydrabomb in place of it and I will send this piece back. PLUS I still have 0 fitting ELBs so they are actually going to send me some "good" ones now that I showed them how to identify them.

After all is said and done they still want me to pay the regular scratch and dent price to keep my scratch and dent turbine. I guess that's ok but after all of this shit you would think they would say keep that wonky, dirty, half working turbine for your trouble? Especially since I have seen countless posts of VXH doing this in the past in similar situation. Oh well, we are only talking about $75 here. It just seems the consistency of how they treat each customer seems to differ, kind of reminds me of S&B support. One guy might get a free new unit while the next guy will get charged $50 for the same repair.

At least they are acknowledging the problem and working to fix it. Even if they aren't really making all of this trouble and back and forth worth my while.

I wouldn't give this turbine to my worst enemy so I won't be trading it here anymore. I was told they will also be selling this one in a "Scratch and dent" sale. Speaking of, they must have hundreds of these scratch and dent Hydratubes laying around by now, Where are they selling these?

There is a gap on both sides and almost all the way around the center. The center of the turbine is not even welded to the uptake? I am really questioning if the glass blowers they have working for them know how bongs work? I was told that this one was specially QC'ed because I had an issue and this is what I got. but most of the bubbles come through this larger gap. NONE of the bubbles go through the actual turbine while on the vaporizer.

Huge%20gap.jpg

huge%20gap%202.jpg

You can see here just the large glugging bubbles that come through the huge gap. Not really turbine diffused.
Bubbles%20in%20gap%20not%20through%20turbine.jpg

Last edited:

No-Wrinkle

So some of you may have noticed the Turbine issue I had. Well they sent me a second turbine and they asked me $75 for the screwed up one.
I was going to do that and trade my "Good" one for a HydraBomb on the classifieds. Well I did a water test and this turbine is EVEN WORSE! The perc is straight BUT it is not sealed to the center correctly. There are 2 huge gaps where all of the air travels (path of least resistance of course). NONE of the vapor travels through the actual perc on this unit so I will obviously not be trading it to one of you guys.
I showed them and they agree that this one is completely screwed. Now I have asked for them to send me a Hydrabomb in place of it and I will send this piece back. PLUS I still have 0 fitting ELBs so they are actually going to send me some "good" ones now that I showed them how to identify them.

After all is said and done they still want me to pay the regular scratch and dent price to keep my scratch and dent turbine. I guess that's ok but after all of this shit you would think they would say keep that wonky shit for your trouble? Especially since I have seen countless posts of VXH doing this in the past in similar situation. Oh well, we are only talking about $75 here. It just seems the consistansy of how they treat each customer seems to differ, kinda reminds me of S&B support. One guy might get a free new unit while the next guy will get charged $50 for the same repair.
At least they are acknowledging the problem and working to fix it. Even if they aren't really making all of this trouble and back and forth worth my while.

I wouldn't give this turbine to my worst enemy so I won't be trading it here anymore. I was told they will also be selling this one in a "Scratch and dent" sale also, crazy. Speaking of, they must have hundreds of these scratch and dent Hydratubes laying around by now if they aren't making it into starter kits and they make everyone send them back. Where are they selling these?

There is agap on both sides but most of the bubbles come through this larger gap. NONE of the bubbles go through the actual turbine while on the vaporizer.

Huge%20gap.jpg

huge%20gap%202.jpg

You can see here just the large glugging bubbles that come through the huge gap. Not really turbine diffused.

Has VXL said that they are doing anything to fix this consistent issue with quality control? I have not purchased a hydratube because I do not want to deal with the possibility of getting a defective unit. I've had good expierence with their customer service but it seems like that is not everyone's expierence. I really hope that they don't move toward the direction that S&B did with the crafty. In fact my main portable Vape is a crafty.

No-Wrinkle,
Reactions: VapoRoor

Justpassedu

So some of you may have noticed the Turbine issue I had. Well they sent me a second turbine and they asked me $75 for the screwed up one.

After all is said and done they still want me to pay the regular scratch and dent price to keep my scratch and dent turbine. I guess that's ok but after all of this shit you would think they would say keep that wonky shit for your trouble? Especially since I have seen countless posts of VXH doing this in the past in similar situation. Oh well, we are only talking about $75 here. It just seems the consistansy of how they treat each customer seems to differ, kinda reminds me of S&B support. One guy might get a free new unit while the next guy will get charged $50 for the same repair.

I wouldn't give this turbine to my worst enemy so I won't be trading it here anymore. I was told they will also be selling this one in a "Scratch and dent" sale also, crazy. Speaking of, they must have hundreds of these scratch and dent Hydratubes laying around by now if they aren't making it into starter kits and they make everyone send them back. Where are they selling these?

There is a gap on both sides and almost all the way around the center. The center of the turbine is not even welded to the uptake? I am really questioning if the glass blowers they have working for them know how bongs work? I was told that this one was specially QC'ed because I had an issue and this is what I got. but most of the bubbles come through this larger gap. NONE of the bubbles go through the actual turbine while on the vaporizer.

Huge%20gap.jpg

huge%20gap%202.jpg

That really sucks man I'm sorry , I had new elbs sent to me that do not fit for the 2nd time now I am waiting on two more that they said they would check before shipping as they said the last batch sent they didn't have time to check bc they were so busy . I am hoping I get two working elbs that are tight . How do you identify to them so they know what to pick ?

Justpassedu,

tylerj55

My hydratubes all came in wonky and they replaced them a few times for free, but the quality was always shit. That led me to buying this: http://www.openvape.com/shop/vaporizers/vapexhale/vapexhale-hydratube-with-tree-perc-710.html and it works well and looks great. They also have discounts on that site a lot and I got mine for around $90 with free 2 day shipping. If you can find it cheaper elsewhere I would say get it. I just didn't feel like searching for another site that sells the grav labs pieces.

tylerj55,
Reactions: jrcmang

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Man this sucks guys, really sorry to see this. I think they would save more time($$$) by going with a glass supplier with the skills and respect to put out only top notch products, which would result in less returns/issues. I cant believe they are sending out this many defective tubes?! I have never had one issue with these guys. I have not had to buy any of the new glass though..

I am so glad I was able to snag one of the original Swagger hydra-tubes w/o any logo at all from VX. The construction is thick, the joints are clean and level, and the hydra-tree fires perfectly. My only regret is not buying the showercap design to go with it.

This piece will never leave the collection. Ever. They truly don't make them like they used to.

And I love the hydra-stand. I hate that they are making the bases of the tubes larger now to accmodate those that don't understand how to use them.

I know VX will make any issue right, but lets nip this issue in the bud guys, were counting on ya :cool:

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Man, Fed Ex has my package and still has not delivered......had it sent to my office so I could sign for it, it's just about time to go home and package "out for delivery".....damn, guess I'm going to have to work late tonight....CRAP!

justvapin,
My hydratubes all came in wonky and they replaced them a few times for free, but the quality was always shit. That led me to buying this: http://www.openvape.com/shop/vaporizers/vapexhale/vapexhale-hydratube-with-tree-perc-710.html and it works well and looks great. They also have discounts on that site a lot and I got mine for around $90 with free 2 day shipping. If you can find it cheaper elsewhere I would say get it. I just didn't feel like searching for another site that sells the grav labs pieces.
That's my traveling Hydratube! And my preferred for Dabz in the EVO!!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

poonman

@Slow Draw McGraw

New Elb Diameter/Length
11.5/27.5

I sure don't want to be the employee that has to caliper measure
every ELB they have in stock .

As for joint lube , I've learn not to put lube on anywhere
that comes in direct contact with the Hot Bamboo . But still good
for attaching my claissen adapters to my stand up bong .

T6qaqfo.jpg

poonman,

jrcmang

I had no idea Grav Labs was making hydratubes....I've always had great experiences with their products. Checking to see if openvape will give me a deal close to the one you mentioned.

Edit....no discounts at the moment. They mentioned a 20% refer a friend discount but thats it. I told them I would check back.

jrcmang,
I had no idea Grav Labs was making hydratubes....I've always had great experiences with their products. Checking to see if openvape will give me a deal close to the one you mentioned.
Got mine com Brothers with Glass! They offer a circ style and a tree the tree was to restrictive for my preference

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: jrcmang

pdx3325

Edit....no discounts at the moment. They mentioned a 20% refer a friend discount but thats it. I told them I would check back.

I bought one here last week - http://aqualabtechnologies.com/grav-labs-glass-hydratube-with-10-arm-perc.html - 20% off again. But I also see they are currently sold out . . .

Top Bottom