Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
70% filled before putting the cap on?

25-50% full pre cap is what is typically recommended round these parts!
I broke my 4th basket?

Machine Shop on Monday morning.

NAIL in Ti-2

Whatever the machinist say's for the baskets?

I does taste great. (thank Darwin I have other vapes)!

Too bad the accessories are useless!

Socks And Sandals

Socks And Sandals,

CarbonFiberGuy

I finally received my 420 evo bundle . I have been waiting for a good sale ever since I missed out on the xmas sale . I almost missed out again though as I bought a new truck , and pretty much all money I had went to a downpayment :cry:. Well the discount code , and the evo being sold as a base kit cheaper now, I was still able to snag one up :rockon:. I Really wanted a turbine too , but I'll just have to wait a little bit till I have more disposable income to play with , Maybe chandelier in my future :love:.

After following this thread for over a year I pretty much knew what to expect and how to use the evo right from the get go . My first session I completely fell in love with the evo . I have had honeymoon periods before with vapes ,but wow nothing to date has quite got me excited as this thing . Yes it meets or exceeds my expectations on all fronts . I will have one of these units , or the next iteration of it for the rest of my adult vaping carrier no doubt about it . I really can't believe what I was missing this whole time with all my high priced portables . I mean they have there place ,but wow evo is another level .

So that brings me to my next topic , my new found love for this device left me feeling a little ambitious this weekend . I felt like the only thing I would change about this unit is its finish . I think the evo has a beautiful shape , but the swirled black composite material does not leave a lot to be desired . My unit especially had all this swirling on one side and not the other which kinda bugged me . So it got me looking at the unit , and thinking. The way the evo is built with its isolated bamboo and simple design , it makes it possible to completely mask off the unit with out taking it apart to refinish it . Once masked there is no chance of anything entering the unit or airpath or electronics . The only downside is the upper circle part where the screens are has to be masked completely , I feel it would be to risky just trying to mask the screens , if you run a nice tape line it still looks amazing .

So I decided to make my evo BMW space grey metallic with a low gloss satin clearcoat finish . Its a deep dark silver/gunmetal color , it has a nice flop in the flake that really changes tones in different lighting conditions . I think it looks great on the evo and also just happens to complement carbon fiber well :D . I decided on a satin finish vs your regular high gloss automotive finish to keep fingerprints and smudges off during use . I am such an ocd person I would probably want to wipe the unit off every time if it was gloss , although I think high gloss would look amazing :drool:.

The evo's body composite material paints amazing well with professional automotive paints , I used PPG Deltron 2000 . I was a little worried at first by just looking and touching the composite that it may have some mold release solvents embedded into it that would not work well with a professional paint job . That is not the case , the composite is soft enough to let you bodywork all the little manufacturing mold dents and dimples out without any kind of bodyfiller . The best part is it seals beautifully once prepped with no primer or additional sanding needed , WOW ! Its like these things were originally supposed to be painted .Perhaps they were , as some of you might remember the first prototypes were high gloss black and white . All quality auto paints are rated 300 - 400 degrees so the hot evo outer shell should not matter. After paint ,my unit works flawlessly and I detect no hint of anything paint related upon inhale :clap:

My only worry now is that I have possibly voided my 3 year warranty ? Since the unit was never disassembled , and by not painting the complete top circle and lower half I don't see how this is really any different than putting stickers all over it or , engraving your name into it etc ? I just hope if they void my warranty that they will still service it if needed. I really take great care of all my toys and the evo will be no different, so I'm not to worried especially with all the positive feedback on the units reliability .

Last edited:
I finally received my 420 evo bundle . I have been waiting for a good sale ever since I missed out on the xmas sale . I almost missed out again though as I bought a new truck , and pretty much all money I had went to a downpayment :cry:. Well the discount code , and the evo being sold as a base kit cheaper now, I was still able to snag one up :rockon:. I Really wanted a turbine too , but I'll just have to wait a little bit till I have more disposable income to play with , Maybe chandelier in my future :love:.

After following this thread for over a year I pretty much know what to expect and how to use the evo right from the get go . My first session I completely fell in love with the evo . I have had honeymoon periods before with vapes ,but wow nothing to date has quite got me excited as this thing . Yes it meets or exceeds my expectations on all fronts . I will have one of these units , or the next iteration of it for the rest of my adult vaping carrier no doubt about it . I really can't believe what I was missing this whole time with all my high priced portables . I mean they have there place ,but wow evo is another level .

So that brings me to my next topic , my new found love for this device left me feeling a little ambitious this weekend . I felt like the only thing I would change about this unit is its finish . I think the evo has a beautiful shape , but the swirled black composite material does not leave a lot to be desired . My unit especially had all this swirling on one side and not the other which kinda bugged me . So it got me looking at the unit , and thinking. The way the evo is built with its isolated bamboo and simple design , it makes it possible to completely mask off the unit with out taking it apart to refinish it . Once masked there is no chance of anything entering the unit or airpath or electronics . The only downside is the upper circle part where the screens are has to be masked completely , I feel it would be to risky just trying to mask the screens , if you run a nice tape line it still looks amazing .

So I decided to make my evo BMW space grey metallic with a low gloss satin clearcoat finish . Its a deep dark silver/gunmetal color . I think it looks great on the evo and also just happens to complement carbon fiber well :D . I decided on a satin finish vs your regular high gloss automotive finish to keep fingerprints and smudges off during use . I am such an ocd person I would probably want to wipe the unit off every time if it was gloss , although I think high gloss would look amazing :drool:.

The evo's body composite material paints amazing well with professional automotive paints , I used PPG Deltron 2000 . I was a little worried at first by just looking at the composite & feeling it that it may have some mold release solvents embedded into it that would not work well with a professional paint job . That is not the case , the composite is soft enough to let you bodywork all the little manufacturing mold dents and dimples out without any kind of bodyfiller . The best part is it seals beautifully once prepped with no primer or additional sanding needed , WOW ! Its like these things were originally supposed to be painted .Perhaps they were , as some of you might remember the first prototypes were high gloss black and white . All quality auto paints are rated 300 - 400 degrees so the hot evo outer shell should not matter. After paint ,my unit works flawlessly and I detect no hint of anything paint related upon inhale :clap:

My only worry now is that I have possibly voided my 3 year warranty ? Since the unit was never disassembled , and by not painting the complete top circle and lower half I don't see how this is really any different than putting stickers all over it or , engraving your name into it etc ? I just hope if they void my warranty that they will still service it if needed. I really take great care of all my toys and the evo will be no different, so I'm not to worried especially with all the positive feedback on the units reliability .

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AWESOME! :tup::clap::rockon:
DO MINE!!, DO MINE!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

After following this thread for over a year I pretty much know what to expect and how to use the evo right from the get go . My first session I completely fell in love with the evo . I have had honeymoon periods before with vapes ,but wow nothing to date has quite got me excited as this thing . Yes it meets or exceeds my expectations on all fronts . I will have one of these units , or the next iteration of it for the rest of my adult vaping carrier no doubt about it . I really can't believe what I was missing this whole time with all my high priced portables . I mean they have there place ,but wow evo is another level .

So I decided to make my evo BMW space grey metallic with a low gloss satin clearcoat finish . Its a deep dark silver/gunmetal color . I think it looks great on the evo and also just happens to complement carbon fiber well :D . I decided on a satin finish vs your regular high gloss automotive finish to keep fingerprints and smudges off during use . I am such an ocd person I would probably want to wipe the unit off every time if it was gloss , although I think high gloss would look amazing :drool:.

The evo's body composite material paints amazing well with professional automotive paints , I used PPG Deltron 2000 . I was a little worried at first by just looking at the composite & feeling it that it may have some mold release solvents embedded into it that would not work well with a professional paint job . That is not the case , the composite is soft enough to let you bodywork all the little manufacturing mold dents and dimples out without any kind of bodyfiller . The best part is it seals beautifully once prepped with no primer or additional sanding needed , WOW ! Its like these things were originally supposed to be painted .Perhaps they were , as some of you might remember the first prototypes were high gloss black and white . All quality auto paints are rated 300 - 400 degrees so the hot evo outer shell should not matter. After paint ,my unit works flawlessly and I detect no hint of anything paint related upon inhale :clap:

very cool!

1337Dude

Anyone notice the crazy pricing on the nail shipping? $15 to ship something <1 lb? That's typically what I'd pay for shipping for heavier items in my experience (5+ lbs). If I wanted to ship something across the country in a couple days, I could get it expedited through USPS for under $10.

Just seems a little ridiculous. I do most of my shopping online and I could get faster shipping from most online stores for free...guess I'm just spoiled.

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

After following this thread for over a year I pretty much knew what to expect and how to use the evo right from the get go . My first session I completely fell in love with the evo . I have had honeymoon periods before with vapes ,but wow nothing to date has quite got me excited as this thing . Yes it meets or exceeds my expectations on all fronts . I will have one of these units , or the next iteration of it for the rest of my adult vaping carrier no doubt about it . I really can't believe what I was missing this whole time with all my high priced portables . I mean they have there place ,but wow evo is another level .

So I decided to make my evo BMW space grey metallic with a low gloss satin clearcoat finish . Its a deep dark silver/gunmetal color , it has a nice flop in the flake that really changes tones in different lighting conditions . I think it looks great on the evo and also just happens to complement carbon fiber well :D . I decided on a satin finish vs your regular high gloss automotive finish to keep fingerprints and smudges off during use . I am such an ocd person I would probably want to wipe the unit off every time if it was gloss , although I think high gloss would look amazing :drool:.

The evo's body composite material paints amazing well with professional automotive paints , I used PPG Deltron 2000 . I was a little worried at first by just looking and touching the composite that it may have some mold release solvents embedded into it that would not work well with a professional paint job . That is not the case , the composite is soft enough to let you bodywork all the little manufacturing mold dents and dimples out without any kind of bodyfiller . The best part is it seals beautifully once prepped with no primer or additional sanding needed , WOW ! Its like these things were originally supposed to be painted .Perhaps they were , as some of you might remember the first prototypes were high gloss black and white . All quality auto paints are rated 300 - 400 degrees so the hot evo outer shell should not matter. After paint ,my unit works flawlessly and I detect no hint of anything paint related upon inhale :clap:

You know for a second there, I actually thought VXL might have released a new product. And then I saw the same analog dial.. :(

Nevertheless nice paint job man! I'm diggin it!:rockon:

subway13029

I broke my 4th basket?

Machine Shop on Monday morning.

NAIL in Ti-2

Whatever the machinist say's for the baskets?

I does taste great. (thank Darwin I have other vapes)!

Too bad the accessories are useless!

How do you break the basket so fast? I have had 2 since December and use everyday?? Just curious because they shouldn't break that easy..I just can't fathom how you would crush or break??

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Back when i bought my EVO they had a deal where you got 20 elbs with your EVO. Maybe we can get them to do an elb deal again to help with @ataxian situation. I had 20 originally but loaning and wear and tear has me down to 6! I need more too
I LOVE my EVO.
The accessories not so much!

If I had padded carpeted floors?

Mine are LIME STONE.

Glass nails are doomed.
I wonder why the BASKETS fall apart so easy?

I tried so hard to voice my option about accessories?
Is everyone deaf?

Maybe they all have padded floors?

ataxian,

jim-bob

Ataxian - I break nails on the regular (i got to watch my "Nail Buddy" holder drop to the concrete with five clean nails in it - none survived) but I've had pretty good luck with the baskets.
What seems to work for me with the baskets is:
1) as soon as i'm done with one i take the top off and invert it over the AVB jar or trash
2) tap the bottom (which is facing up) a few times to dislodge any stragglers
3) bring up to my face and blow into it
4) repeat 1 + 2
5) if it's really stubborn, i take a brush to the inside

I've found that they really don't like to be squished in any way, that seems to bust the welds.

When they get too nasty for just that, I drop 'em in iso and move on to the next batch, when the iso jar fills up i rinse them out and start the whole cycle over. (I have 10 or 12 baskets at this point)

jim-bob,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ataxian - I break nails on the regular (i got to watch my "Nail Buddy" holder drop to the concrete with five clean nails in it - none survived) but I've had pretty good luck with the baskets.
What seems to work for me with the baskets is:
1) as soon as i'm done with one i take the top off and invert it over the AVB jar or trash
2) tap the bottom (which is facing up) a few times to dislodge any stragglers
3) bring up to my face and blow into it
4) repeat 1 + 2
5) if it's really stubborn, i take a brush to the inside

I've found that they really don't like to be squished in any way, that seems to bust the welds.
The weld breaks (comes apart) always or glue?

All my nails are broke. (just cleaning)?

I will design new ones that are heat resistant and unbreakable.

I believed I was the only one?

My GonG's are all broken.

I have a lot of accessories to make myself.
Too bad there's no market for unbreakable stuff?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
The weld breaks (comes apart) always or glue?

All my nails are broke. (just cleaning)?

I will design new ones that are heat resistant and unbreakable.

I believed I was the only one?

My GonG's are all broken.

I have a lot of accessories to make myself.
Too bad there's no market for unbreakable stuff?

On two of my ELB's, they started coming apart a bit too....nothing terrible, but I noticed they were getting hard to pull out the EVO and hard to push into the EVO....eventually noticed a wire hanging off the end of the ELB (part of the basket..) on both of them, I pulled this wire until I felt too much resistance to pull anymore (came out about half an inch), then I just cut the wire with scissors. They seem to work like my other ones now, but I have them marked and tend to avoid using them since I have 4 that are still in original condition.

For cleaning them out after use, I remove from EVO and within 5 minutes pop the top of the ELB out and use a paper clip to stick in there and run it around, basically everything falls out when you invert it then.

Bummer about your luck dude, I know you were high on the EVO for the unbreakable GonG aspect among other things

I'd be interested in seeing what they work up for you, specifically a TI-2 nail....intriguing :)

Oh and @CarbonFiberGuy stunning!!

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
On two of my ELB's, they started coming apart a bit too....nothing terrible, but I noticed they were getting hard to pull out the EVO and hard to push into the EVO....eventually noticed a wire hanging off the end of the ELB (part of the basket..) on both of them, I pulled this wire until I felt too much resistance to pull anymore (came out about half an inch), then I just cut the wire with scissors. They seem to work like my other ones now, but I have them marked and tend to avoid using them since I have 4 that are still in original condition.

For cleaning them out after use, I remove from EVO and within 5 minutes pop the top of the ELB out and use a paper clip to stick in there and run it around, basically everything falls out when you invert it then.

Bummer about your luck dude, I know you were high on the EVO for the unbreakable GonG aspect among other things

I'd be interested in seeing what they work up for you, specifically a TI-2 nail....intriguing :)

Oh and @CarbonFiberGuy stunning!!
I have really amazing CANNABIS!

I love the EVO a lot despite the Accessories are junk in my case.

If the TI-2 nails work well I'll be stoked.
My machinist will design a BASKET that doesn't fall apart.

I was going to use my HERB IRON while I figure it out?
Rolling JOINTS would be fun however I don't think I could handle?

waxdab23

Dude, what the HELL is going on. I had the EVO heating up, stepped away, came back there's smoke coming out of the bamboo. I immediately turn it off and it stays on! I unplug it and it stays on! I'm a little worried, not sure what to do with it. I set it outside. See below you can see the LED on, but it's not plugged in.

CXKv5Fe.jpg

EDIT: Just checked on it and the led is finally off, but the unit extremely hot. That was bizarre! I'm definitely not plugging this thing back in until I can get in touch with VXL on Monday.

So, VXL wants me to send the unit in for repair. They didn't even send a prepaid shipping label until after I asked.

After thinking about it, I felt it would be unfair that I pay $400+ on an item and due to no fault of my own, be without the unit for at least a couple of weeks. I only had the EVO literally just a few days.

I think the appropriate resolution would be for me to send back the defective unit and they immediately send me a brand new unit. Is that irrational?

Anyway, I voiced my thoughts in an email to them. Might not hear back until tomorrow though as it's after 5pm on the East Coast.

EDIT: They did confirm in their email that, as other members have mentioned here, the unit did indeed overheat.

Last edited:
So, VXL wants me to send the unit in for repair. They didn't even send a prepaid shipping label until after I asked.

After thinking about it, I felt it would be unfair that I pay $400+ on an item and due to no fault of my own, be without the unit for at least a couple of weeks. I only had the EVO literally just a few days.

I think the appropriate resolution would be for me to send back the defective unit and they immediately send me a brand new unit. Is that irrational?

Anyway, I voiced my thoughts in an email to them. Might not hear back until tomorrow though as it's after 5pm on the East Coast.

EDIT: They did confirm in their email that, as other members have mentioned here, the unit did indeed overheat.
Not irrational at all in my opinion!

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Ordered my Cloud on 4/20 and it arrived last Friday. The Hydrabomb is beautiful and purrs like a kitten. Picked up some Jilly Bean and the flavor was outstanding. Loved the packaging and was even gifted some popcorn with my order. I owned the very first version of the Cloud years ago, and I'm more than impressed by their improvements. Thanks to the VXH team for getting my order to me quickly, and for such a phemonel device.

Here are some pics I took from my office, the Cloud got a chance to check out the NFL Draft:

Top Bottom