Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
In my experience, rapid flashing green is overheat (leaving it set above 1:30pm on the dial)
Auto off sometimes works on mine, and other times it'll stay on for hours at a time. I just don't leave it unattended anymore.
I've seen auto shutoff combinations of red/green flashing and red/green together not flashing.
If I see anything except solid green I just cycle the power.

I was lucky to catch it really overheating once, where the bamboo was actually glowing orange from the heat even after I cut the power.
Luckily there was no damage and I just left it to cool, set the control knob to the notch and cycled the power switch a few times in an attempt to reset the control software.

Last edited:
Pyr0,
Reactions: manos

smartbass

Love my Evo...
Hate the blinking lights and auto shutoff which I can't figure out...
Mine can have both green and red led on at the same time, sometimes flashing and sometimes not flashing, sometimes fast, sometimes slow...
My green led can flash rapidly too???
When it's flashing green and red i think it's to hot but i might be wrong but mine did it once i shut it on and off and it sttoped i think it got a safty shutoff after a certain amount of time .What i do now is turn it on wait 3 to 5 minutes and my sessions are under 30 minutes then i shut it even if i know i;m going to start back up in anther 30 min and it's been fine.

I'm pretty sure mine is defective. I let it sit at 9/10 for over 45 minutes and instead of blinking green/red and shutting off it remained hot and *both* red and green lights were on steady on at the same time. So regardless of whether it was getting too hot at lower settings, it's definitely not acting like the way you guys are describing yours.
I start at 12:00 and end at 2 or 3 depending on the herb iv'e only had mine for 3 days had to clean the hydro tube already

Last edited by a moderator:
smartbass,
Reactions: manos

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Can i use the vapexnail for straight keef or should i just use the basket ?The reason i ask is sometimes it seems to stick together in the basket before i'm done the first hit ?

Borrow a girls flat iron, Press that shit, dab the rosin in the nail ;) Or just blast it with some clean butane through it like I do and get some ultra clean shatter! If I am too lazy to do that I have better luck sprinkling it on ground flower and spreading it thoroughly before putting it into my stem, or ELB in your case.

mrbonsai420,

bigtvapes

I've been looking to do something with keif too. Flat iron press you say? I generally dont like oil its too sleepy for me but it's better than the nothing im doing with my keif now.

bigtvapes,

smartbass

Borrow a girls flat iron, Press that shit, dab the rosin in the nail ;) Or just blast it with some clean butane through it like I do and get some ultra clean shatter! If I am too lazy to do that I have better luck sprinkling it on ground flower and spreading it thoroughly before putting it into my stem, or ELB in your case.
Press it with a flat iron ....How? What's the butane do?Are you heating it up to get it hard then crumble it up before you put it in the basket

smartbass,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Press it with a flat iron ....How? What's the butane do?Are you heating it up to get it hard then crumble it up before you put it in the basket

Sorry to pull you off topic, Just to clarify, I prefer to make concentrates out of my Keif. There are several ways to do this that are all great if done correctly and fully purged. Some take more equipment than others to do it right. For instance you could squish your own rosin tonight with some parchment paper and your girls flat iron after watching a few videos. Qwiso or Qwet are both good methods to google and I find Qwiso tech to work especially well with Keif due to it's low plant matter it holds up well under the aggressive solvent qualities of 99.9% iso. The butane extraction method that makes my favorite product takes a bit more equipment to do right like a full vacuum chamber and pump. If you care to learn there is a lot of info here and on other forums as well as plenty of youtube videos. Be safe if trying any of these and if I was just going to jump in and try one without much research it would be the Rosin tech. No solvents to remove so worse case scenario is that you squish your keif into a little solid puck of hash. BUT if you do it right you could end up with a couple of dabs.
Unless you have a lot of Keif at a time this is a lot of trouble. It may be better to just sprinkle the powdery keif all over your ground up weed, and use in the elb as normal. It will just give your clouds a little extra umph this way. I am a science nerd stoner so I just like to play!!:science:

On topic...Come on 4/20 sale, I want my EVO! Just ordered a Chydrotube from Steven, I hope it seals?

mrbonsai420,

BoinG

I'm pretty sure mine is defective. I let it sit at 9/10 for over 45 minutes and instead of blinking green/red and shutting off it remained hot and *both* red and green lights were on steady on at the same time. So regardless of whether it was getting too hot at lower settings, it's definitely not acting like the way you guys are describing yours.

steady red and green is a known software issue and should still show the auto shutoff like the blinking red/green. My unit it switches between the two from time to time.
It should cool down, keep an eye on it, maybe the shutoff just kicked in and the body of the unit just had not enough time to dissipate all the heat.

BoinG,
Reactions: ataxian

vctr

I've had my Evo for a while now. My crop isn't finished yet, so I haven't really tested it out with good buds (only had a tiny bit of bought stuff), but I have put some popcorn through it. So far I like it. I have the turbine HT which is nice and the standard mouthpiece. I didn't think I'd use the standard mouthpiece, but I tried and it's very nice. The air flows freely through the tube and the vapor was not as hot as I thought it would be. I'll probably mostly use the Evo with the HT, but I'm really surprised by the standard MP.

All in all: I'd recommend the Evo. It's ridiculously expensive in Europe, but if you are short on cash you can save a lot if you don't buy the HT.

montreal

Cloud Evo & Air
I've had my Evo for a while now. My crop isn't finished yet, so I haven't really tested it out with good buds (only had a tiny bit of bought stuff), but I have put some popcorn through it. So far I like it. I have the turbine HT which is nice and the standard mouthpiece. I didn't think I'd use the standard mouthpiece, but I tried and it's very nice. The air flows freely through the tube and the vapor was not as hot as I thought it would be. I'll probably mostly use the Evo with the HT, but I'm really surprised by the standard MP.

All in all: I'd recommend the Evo. It's ridiculously expensive in Europe, but if you are short on cash you can save a lot if you don't buy the HT.
Good point ! It's expensive in America too (I'm in Canada) and I did buy a kit without any hydratube and just a silicone whip. Works perfect !

Sorry to pull you off topic, Just to clarify, I prefer to make concentrates out of my Keif. There are several ways to do this that are all great if done correctly and fully purged. Some take more equipment than others to do it right. For instance you could squish your own rosin tonight with some parchment paper and your girls flat iron after watching a few videos. Qwiso or Qwet are both good methods to google and I find Qwiso tech to work especially well with Keif due to it's low plant matter it holds up well under the aggressive solvent qualities of 99.9% iso. The butane extraction method that makes my favorite product takes a bit more equipment to do right like a full vacuum chamber and pump. If you care to learn there is a lot of info here and on other forums as well as plenty of youtube videos. Be safe if trying any of these and if I was just going to jump in and try one without much research it would be the Rosin tech. No solvents to remove so worse case scenario is that you squish your keif into a little solid puck of hash. BUT if you do it right you could end up with a couple of dabs.
Unless you have a lot of Keif at a time this is a lot of trouble. It may be better to just sprinkle the powdery keif all over your ground up weed, and use in the elb as normal. It will just give your clouds a little extra umph this way. I am a science nerd stoner so I just like to play!!:science:

On topic...Come on 4/20 sale, I want my EVO! Just ordered a Chydrotube from Steven, I hope it seals?
I did order the one that come with the feet and it seal perfect !

Last edited by a moderator:
montreal,

smartbass

steady red and green is a known software issue and should still show the auto shutoff like the blinking red/green. My unit it switches between the two from time to time.
It should cool down, keep an eye on it, maybe the shutoff just kicked in and the body of the unit just had not enough time to dissipate all the heat.
Does anyone know if the inside bamboo glass tube should ever be cleaned?

smartbass,

smartbass

I had had mine about 4 days now and when i switch mine on when its stone cold it goes from green to red for maybe 2 minutes then it turns green for about 10 seconds then it changes back to red for about another minute then turns green and stays green.(Is this normal?)

smartbass,

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
I had had mine about 4 days now and when i switch mine on when its stone cold it goes from green to red for maybe 2 minutes then it turns green for about 10 seconds then it changes back to red for about another minute then turns green and stays green.(Is this normal?)
Mine is fairly new as well and exhibits similar behavior.

Also when the temperature dial "clicks" into the 12 o'clock position, it's slightly misaligned to the right so I have to consciously compensate for that if I'm aiming for a specific "time"/temperature.

covercash,
Reactions: VegNVape

BoomerGrow

I got my symbiartic today. What a beauty! Pictures and review to come.
Thanks in advance for the review. I was thinking about pulling the trigger but got a new phone instead and I'm fairly disappointed thus far. Did you get the discounted version with the "wobble"? I look forward to pics and hopefully a function video.

BoomerGrow,

BoinG

no problem with this behavior, what actually happens is

-you turn the unit on (green) it is checking the temperature
-result unit is too cold for the set temperature (goes red) and starts to heat up
-goes green as it reaches your set temperature and shuts off the heater
-there will be some excess heat in the heating element which causes the unit to overshoot the set temperature (goes red again)
-it will take a minute for the unit to dissipate the excess heat than it will go green again.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was successful last night using some shatter and the glass nail. I appreciate everyones help since the nail is a new thing for me. Also when trying before I think I put too much on the nail.

After a couple draws I would turn the heat up to clean the nail. At one point I thought the nail was cool at the bottom and managed to burn the tip of my middle finger. I learned a good lesson.

I used the regular mouthpiece, it's just easier when learning, I want to be careful with the water tool. I'm used to buying cheap glass through DHgate.
The Hydrbomb like the others are $100. If I spend a lot on glass, that will be the piece that I break. I'm amazed how much is spent on some pieces and glass is so fragile.

I had a total of about 6 draws - 3 sessions at 2 draws each. The vapor had pretty good taste, the temp was at around 1 o'clock. I was medicated to a tender turn and ready for sleep and slept good without any hangover this morning.

Last edited:

SpeedDemon4

With all this talk about the standard mouth piece, I guess I should try mine. Mine went into the storage back and never thought of again, I wonder what I am missing out on.

I am glad you got it figured out carol. I like to clean mine when I am completely finished with the session because it does take a little while to cool down. By cleaning at the end of the session I can let it cool down overnight.

SpeedDemon4,

.brew

Did you guys pay extra for the standard mouthpiece? My box didn't come with one.

.brew,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Yes I paid extra for a mouthpiece, I bought two. I didn't realize that the Hydrobomb kit didn't include the regular mouthpiece so I ordered a couple hours later in a separate order. I'm really glad that I did, i like having either option. I don't alway prefer water. It takes away from the taste of the flowers. The high temperatures I use late at night but not in the afternoon. The water tool allows me to do that.

IMO the regular mouthpiece should be included with the different water tool kits. The cost is like $19.99 per piece.p on sale, I see the regular price is $29.99.

Edit
@little maggie they have the water tools listed on Vapexhale.com. My computer is being goofy, it won't allow me to highlight the link to copy. The website explained each piece.

Last edited:

little maggie

Could someone post a link that describes the different HT's and why one would choose one kind over another?

little maggie,

SpeedDemon4

When they had their Black Friday/ Christmas sales the kits came with it. That's the only reason I have one, never thought to throw it on and give it a whirl.

SpeedDemon4,
Top Bottom