Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Teedub

My 3rd evo has arrived!

So nice to have a fully working unit again but man the whistle on this one is louuud, hurt your ears loud. I liked the whistle on my 2nd one best. After using 3 different evos I am surprised by how much the whistle is different on each one. My 1st barely made any noise my second had a nice hum to it and the 3rd is ear stinging.

The evo has a new knob now as well, I see what that user was talking about with the screw. The old knobs just push on, the new one I got is smaller and has a grub screw holding it on.

Any body got any way to get around this whistle? Its most loud right at the perfect draw speed and prevalent on all my glass pieces maybe a bit of cotton in the bottom of the bamboo? sounds futile but i"ll have a fiddle anyway.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
My 3rd evo has arrived!

So nice to have a fully working unit again but man the whistle on this one is louuud, hurt your ears loud. I liked the whistle on my 2nd one best. After using 3 different evos I am surprised by how much the whistle is different on each one. My 1st barely made any noise my second had a nice hum to it and the 3rd is ear stinging.

The evo has a new knob now as well, I see what that user was talking about with the screw. The old knobs just push on, the new one I got is smaller and has a grub screw holding it on.

Any body got any way to get around this whistle? Its most loud right at the perfect draw speed and prevalent on all my glass pieces maybe a bit of cotton in the bottom of the bamboo? sounds futile but i"ll have a fiddle anyway.
Maybe hover your finger over the end of the bamboo? I guess that would only work if you're using it inverted.

Teedub

Yeah i'm inverted most of the time. Ive tried the finger, kinda helps but only if you really restrict airflow.

@Florence :tup:
The whistling is normal sadly. The turbulence in the bamboo (glass tube) causes the whistle when you hit peak resonance. Some people strap cheesecloth over the entrance to the glass on the bottom of the vape to help minimize it.

Sweet this did work really well on my unit. Restricts it slightly but well worth it to kill the train whistle.

Last edited:

No-Wrinkle

As someone who was using the Mighty as my main driver before getting the Evo...you won't regret it. ;)

The convenience of a cordless unit with so much power is great, but once you get the Evo, crank that thing up to around 1:30-2:00, leave it for 10 min, pack half an ELB. The first rip will have you so instantly toasty, you'll scoff at the mere idea of any "portable" being effective.

I like the sound of this. I don't think I will be getting the device by this week :( . I ordered it Monday night.

No-Wrinkle,
Reactions: ataxian

Teedub

little update on the whistle fix. I used a solo mod o-ring to stretch around the bottom lip of the bamboo holding a small piece of open weave cloth over the opening, no more whistle! No noticeable draw restriction and it stays put neatly. I measured temps of about 34c in that area so it seems cool enough for some cloth.

Funny though 'hi-end' vape modded with a bit of rag.

@ataxian let the science experiments begin!! I love trying different strains in the EVO for flavor profiles as well as different medicinal effects! The cherry on top is having all the different glass to try on each strain. With those variables the EVO becomes a true toy for me! I take one strain to the the testing grounds where it may go through 30+pieces of glass in the EVO! Then change strains And start all over!
Field Day Pool Party Hosted by Toyrus in the Park!! I'm that Kid!! :brow::nod::rockon::science:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian let the science experiments begin!! I love trying different strains in the EVO for flavor profiles as well as different medicinal effects! The cherry on top is having all the different glass to try on each strain. With those variables the EVO becomes a true toy for me! I take one strain to the the testing grounds where it may go through 30+pieces of glass in the EVO! Then change strains And start all over!
Field Day Pool Party Hosted by Toyrus in the Park!! I'm that Kid!! :brow::nod::rockon::science:

I'm amazed on how the EVO medicates?
Flavor galore this thing is like a BENTLEY!

I turn it on (12 O'clock) Red then green faster than a speeding bullet?

Today I will set it at 11 O'clock.

I haven't been this medicated since I was 19?

My SHELDON works so good I think I'll have my first session before pulling out my HYDROTUBES.

I hope the HONEYMOON last?

High Temp with Flavor?

Mine whistles as well as @Teedub that is the only negative so far.

FLAVOR makes up for the noise.

@Cannabis Connoisseur @Stu @stickstones @Enchantre @mvapes and a few others found the GRAIL along time ago!
@StonerSloth this is a new chapter in my quest!

I have got only 2 strains at present: WIZ KALIFA OG & GORILLA GLUE OG however GSC & GDP will love this thing!

Last edited:

Likes2vape

I hope the HONEYMOON last?

I've had mine since early December and I'm still in the honey phase! I fucking love the EVO, it hits like a beast and flavor is outta of this world.

I'm still amazed at how much vapor it puts out plus I never really get the burnt popcorn taste it just stops making vapor!

The EVO makes it hard to use any other vape. I busted out the lsv for a couple of days this past week and while it certainly can hold its own and is very powerful the EVO is just a step ahead of it with its thicker more flavorful vapor.

Edit: I forgot to add that the EVO has totally killed my VAS for a desktop unit.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've had mine since early December and I'm still in the honey phase! I fucking love the EVO, it hits like a beast and flavor is outta of this world.

I'm still amazed at how much vapor it puts out plus I never really get the burnt popcorn taste it just stops making vapor!

The EVO makes it hard to use any other vape. I busted out the lsv for a couple of days this past week and while it certainly can hold its own and is very powerful the EVO is just a step ahead of it with its thicker more flavorful vapor.
I'm at a phase currently were I'm selling off all the vaporizers I've bought and tried. I had many that were powerful however the FLAVOR was weird and the heat-up time was too long?

My heavy hitter: EVO
LOG: NANO
PORTABLE: SOLO (I tried many that were 3x the $)?
FLAME: LOTUS (best WPA ever)

I have a few other's I haven't decided yet?

jim-bob

A log pairs really nicely with the evo in my house, because while I shut the evo down when I don't think I'll be hitting it for a while, the logs are always on. On days off it's nice to get a little taste or two from a log, hop in the shower, and then hit the evo before wandering off to stuff coffee and food in my face..

Trypsy Summers

As someone who was using the Mighty as my main driver before getting the Evo...you won't regret it. ;)

The convenience of a cordless unit with so much power is great, but once you get the Evo, crank that thing up to around 1:30-2:00, leave it for 10 min, pack half an ELB. The first rip will have you so instantly toasty, you'll scoff at the mere idea of any "portable" being effective.

I like your sentiment re the idea of any 'portable' being...

But I felt I had to say the Mighty is an extremely effective 'portable,' especially when hooked up to a water tool!

One thing I have to say about the EVO, and where it loses a fair few marks, is the heat build up!
Don't get me wrong, at those temps,there is bound to thermal build up, but I feel that they ought to do more to address this noticeable issue. I was rather dismayed, that when I made my very recent purchase of the EVO, the wristbands did not come with heat sleeve! Indeed I have just had to go and purchase several silicone wristbands from eBay, that I've placed UNDER the heat-sleeve, they seem to have ameliorated the more uncomfortable aspect of the heat build up, but still, that heat issue is a thing that they need to address.

Or at least provide those Vapexhale wristbands along with the heat-sleeve!

Trypsy Summers,

No-Wrinkle

How long did you guys find the shipping to take? I live in NW Arkansas if that helps any. I feel like a child with how excited I am to receive this vaporizer.

No-Wrinkle,

2 Cycle

I used my FC MOUTHPIECE (hydrotube)
INSANE!

I'll have to keep back-up's (good advise)

This changes my strain's drastically!

So that FC mouthpiece is worth it? For the $ it clearly looks worth a shot. Is it big enough or a bit small?

2 Cycle,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's about the same height as the Evo. I love mine and use it with all my vapes that can go 18mm. The code in my sig should save you a couple of bucks.

stickstones,

Capt Soydog

Fuck FedEx so hard. My Evo was supposed to be delivered yesterday, FedEx guy showed up at 9:38 AM, I'm in a rural area and didn't expect him so early so I was in the shower, bummer. Away from home all day today so I had them hold it at the closest location(i did this yesterday around 10 AM, right after I missed the delivery) so I could pick it up on the way home. Well today they didn't send it the fucking four miles from the warehouse to the print and ship store front. My only day off for the next week or so and my Evo is sitting in a warehouse less than 10 minutes away from me and I can't get it.

Capt Soydog,
Top Bottom