Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

jim-bob

Elaborating. According to the user manual or video instructions by Vapexhale "red" means warming up "green" ready to use. I usually turn the device on, set on max and while it warms up grind my weed and fill up the ELB's. When the indicator is solid green I turn in down to 12'sh and it turns back to red as it was heating up again. After a minute or so it's back to green. My first thought was that the device is not reading temperatures correctly but then again the "red" after reducing the temp settings may also mean "wait the device is too hot". Don't know which is correct. But even if "red" means "wait it's too hot" I'd say that such temperature control indicator is far too primitive for such an expensive device. I've seen much cheaper portable vaporisers with display actual temperatures in digits either when heating up, cooling down or being used. This is one of the reasons I say that EVO is overpriced.

Sorry, I really don't think i'm understanding this one at all. You heat it up to max temp, then turn it down to half and are unhappy that it has to adjust? I'm not sure if you think it should have some way to instantly dump heat and be back at half-temp, but I'm not sure they could do that. Thermodynamics and all..

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
If I turn EVO on and set to the max it heats up and red turns to green , then if I turn the nob to 12 it turns back to red and it takes abut a minute to go back to green. Either it measures temperature incorrectly or means that the temperature has to drop according to the setting which is kinda primitive for such an expensive device
Primitive? Do you have the same expectation for your A/C unit in your house or your oven? If so, boy have I got news for you.:D

LegaliseIt

....Put the sleeve on and the heat issue goes away. I have no problem with heat when using the sleeve even when it is turned up all the way.

Do I think the EVO is worth the money? Yeah I do considering I got a vape that can do both herb and concentrates exceptionally well and a hydratube.

If it was a product prototype given away for free to test, putting on sleeves, ice, Christmas stockings, etc would be acceptable. But for a finished product sold at £260 (Black Friday sale) is not. It's a bit like if someone would be promoting a £200K sports car as one of the best on the market and recommending to stop every 20 minutes to pour cold water for the engine to cool down.

Quick question do you let your bud sit for a minute after you load it or is it ready to go right away? I'm still not clear on this part.

@Spacemaster I tend to think that you have a defective device. I was testing mine with some decent Blue Cheese (not too dry not too wet, just spot on, similar to the top shelf bud sold at dispensaries in Cali). If I take a hit immediately after ELB is in, there is some vapour already. A few seconds latter the vapour starts pouring out of the glass tube by itself without any suction. I even put my thumb into the tube between hits not to waste it :).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think they just have a lot more vaporizing experience than you. This is a site filled with connoisseurs that appreciate what many others don't even notice. Whenever I talk to someone in person about vapes I realize what a freak I am. They are either fascinated or bored, but either way I get to see how obsessed we are on this site. You're still in the 'get to know you' stage with this vape.

It has a massive glass heat sink that is slow to cool down. This design was meant to be able to keep up with people who want to huff on it hard and not lose power. If you huff with any aggression at all the mflb will get overwhelmed and you get nothing. The Air restricts the flow so that it isn't even an option. The EVO is built to mimic the 'bong-hit' experience, which it does better than any other vape I have. And it is a very different experience through water. Even the Herbalizer, which reaches temp in 17 seconds takes much longer to cool down unless you blow directly on the heater to speed up the process (something you can't do with the EVO since there is no access to the heater).

I agree. This is probably my biggest complaint about the EVO.

You continue to compare this vape to a mass produced product, with Black Friday pricing, no less! There isn't a vape in the world being made in these quantities and it's unfair to compare any of them to this type of production. Both the mflb and Air are built in greater quantities than the EVO, but still not in the GF Grill range of quantities. My guess is if the EVO were being built in quantities of 100,000 or more the retail price might approach $200 for a base unit, but I am completely making this up. Of course, if they were manufactured in those quantities, they would have most of them pre-sold to worldwide distributors and would be available everywhere also. Instead, we have a small startup making them by hand in-house. While I will be first in line to be disappointed with quality control issues at any level of production, the pricing is something I understand. Vapes will always be a waste of money, no matter how cheap they get, for those that are satisfied with lighting a match. Let's face it...the process of getting high has been free for thousands of years!

Do you have any idea how accurate or inaccurate those temps are?

Unsurprisingly all so beautifully put, glad I didn't have to bother lol :bowdown:

@Spacemaster you can just drop an ELB in and hit right away, especially if the Evo has been sitting on for a bit heat soaking, pure full lower convection! Maybe that's why your seeing dark herbs with minimal vapor, letting it sit in there a while idle? Radiant heat will toast it a bit like that, but still gives clouds

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
If it was a product prototype given away for free to test, putting on sleeves, ice, Christmas stockings, etc would be acceptable. But for a finished product sold at £260 (Black Friday sale) is not. It's a bit like if someone would be promoting a £200K sports car as one of the best on the market and recommending to stop every 20 minutes to pour cold water for the engine to cool down.

Wow. You legitimately think the EVO should sell for ~$75? The cheap Chinese knockoffs barely sell for that half the time. I think your expectations are completely out of whack. You can't expect prices comparable to goods that are produced on a scale exponentially greater than what the EVO is.

And regarding your complaint of the unit taking a minute to get back to green after turning the temp down from max, what did you expect to happen? The red light in that case simply means the EVO is hotter than the temperature you have selected. It takes a minute to cool down. Not a problem at all, the EVO's high heat retention is what enables you take absolutely massive convention rips.

It's pretty clear the EVO isn't for you, even though you say it works better than your current vapes.

If you ever come across a $75 vape that outperforms the EVO, please come back and tell us, I'd love to know what it is.

LegaliseIt

Primitive? Do you have the same expectation for your A/C unit in your house or your oven? If so, boy have I got news for you.:D

Hurra..! Bingo..! Yes if EVO had a display as my oven does I'd be more happy and wouldn't call it primitive. When my oven heats up you can see a blinking arrow pointing up and the actual temperature in digits raising up. When turned off the arrow points down and you can see the actual temperature dropping down slowly. BTW the oven probably costs less than EVO. Of course I don't expect the temperature on EVO to drop immediately. The lack of of display I was talking about.

@stickstones I appreciate your professionalism and patience. Also I do understand difference between mass and niche products and mentioned this myself in several posts. To make money on those you must have a high profit margins. But I still expect from the company to make some extra effort in making the product more presentable. Also it would be nice to offer some significant discounts for current owners wanting to upgrade when new improved models come out.

Summing up. Yes I'm pretty happy with how it works with dry herbs. But if someone will ask me how much I paid for it... well .... I'd rather want to avoid this question. My son who makes money in seven figures per year and loves fancy things and gadgets himself already asked this question and my answer made him look at me like I've gone crazy. But again he is very much against my marijuana affair.

p.s. and I also have some idea on how forums like this are being monetised. And when I see guys with long lists of current, previous, pre-ordered vaporisers I assume that they are either salesmen, marketers, affiliates or just poor souls sucked into this vapour-hype.

LegaliseIt,

Shit Snacks

I also have some idea on how forums like this are being monetised. And when I see guys with long lists of current, previous, pre-ordered vaporisers I assume that they are either salesmen, marketers, affiliates or just poor souls sucked into this vapour-hype.

Um, this isn't monetized... We are not salesmen or affiliates... We are enthusiasts who believe combustion is not an option, and seek to help others who feel the same have a wealth of quality user reported info in an increasingly vast and complex industry...

It is a ridiculous amount of money I've spent, telling people you have several vapes is hard enough without getting to the cost... It is pretty disrespectful to write us off as shills bc we enjoy vaping as a hobby and like to try various devices for perspective and to shake it up imo

For many of us the overall perfect vaporizer still doesn't exist, each one is different and they all offer different advantages and disadvantages... It really baffles me why you paid that much this early in your "vapor career" my priority when I started was value, I only got the Evo when price came down and bc my tolerance was raised too high from another upcoming vape I beta tested. Also a big part of it was the hydratube, it is a vapor bong, if you don't like bong hits or want to use it with water it seems quite silly to get it to me.

Based on everything you've said, and my own experience, I don't know why you didn't go for a Firefly or E-Nano, maybe even a torch vape like Lotus or Daisy... For big money maybe Herbalizer is more what you would desire/expect. But I also don't know why I'm trying to help after you all but insulted me for trying and owning so many vapes frankly

LegaliseIt

Why in the world did you buy something that you didn't like anything about for a price you consider ridiculous?

The answer to your question is very simple. I like to get high and watch a movie from time to time or just to dream, think and plan. Thought that a decent desktop vaporiser in my office would be nice because I find portables to be fiddly (make sure have batteries charged, etc) and not very efficient. Started looking into different options offering bong like options because for some reason I develop high tolerance very fast. (For example last time I smoked before getting EVO was two weeks ago in Barcelona. First night I loaded my brand new EVO I got nicely high from two 0.15g loads. Next night the same amount of material had noticeably less effect already.) So came up with Herbalizer, Volcano, Sublimator and EVO. EVO looked as the best option as Herbalizer is available only in US, Sublimator looks like milking equipment from old McDonald's farm and complicated, Volcano... well was not sure about those balloons ..never used them. EVO became a contender No1. Unfortunately when unpacked it the first thought that stuck my mind was that I was send some cheap knockoff instead of the real thing. It looks like some cheep toy from 1990's made in China.

Maybe for American market it's fine as americans are notorious as being not demanding for looks and aesthetics but for europeans it's definitely far below the standards.

LegaliseIt,

Shit Snacks

The answer to your question is very simple. I like to get high and watch a movie from time to time or just to dream, think and plan. Thought that a decent desktop vaporiser in my office would be nice because I find portables to be fiddly (make sure have batteries charged, etc) and not very efficient. Started looking into different options offering bong like options because for some reason I develop high tolerance very fast. (For example last time I smoked before getting EVO was two weeks ago in Barcelona. First night I loaded my brand new EVO I got nicely high from two 0.15g loads. Next night the same amount of material had noticeably less effect already.) So came up with Herbalizer, Volcano, Sublimator and EVO. EVO looked as the best option as Herbalizer is available only in US, Sublimator looks like milking equipment from old McDonald's farm and complicated, Volcano... well was not sure about those balloons ..never used them. EVO became a contender No1. Unfortunately when unpacked it the first thought that stuck my mind was that I was send some cheap knockoff instead of the real thing. It looks like some cheep toy from 1990's made in China.

Maybe for American market it's fine as americans are notorious as being not demanding for looks and aesthetics but for europeans it's definitely far below the standards.

Again, don't know why you didn't look at log vapes or 7th floor along with those other desktops... Coming from Air and MFLB most any desktop would've been great power hits

LegaliseIt

Again, don't know why you didn't look at log vapes or 7th floor along with those other desktops... Coming from Air and MFLB most any desktop would've been great power hits

I don't know man. Maybe partially because I don't have tons of time to spent on some vaporiser research. Or maybe because at this stage in life when money is not an issue anymore I always try to get only what's absolutely best or at least best value for money. Btw don't even know what log vapes or 7th floor are :) It means would have to look it up first :) which again means time... And as I said in previous post the high tolerance is an issue with me for some mysterious reason. My younger son who is still at uni smokes weed almost every day. When he comes home on holiday we often blaze together and whatever makes him high as a kite makes me just a bit dizzy. So I was looking for the hardest hitter the money can buy in vaporiser world.

Since you mentioned vaping vs combustion I've noticed some strange thing with me. I'm non smoker generally and when I smoke a joint or two I feel no difference in my lungs apart from longer lasting smell in my breath (wife complaints a lot about this). But if I vape for a couple of days like now with EVO without a water tool next day I feel like I've tortured my lungs. Have you vaping enthusiasts ever heard about such experiences?

@KimDracula you can take whatever way you like. I'm pretty straightforward person in real life and even more when hiding behind the nickname. I'm giving my honest opinion on the product I've actually bought and don't care what some fan-boys may think about it. Just maybe someone like me will read my reviews and avoid buyers remorse. Don't assume that liking EVO is the right thing and not liking is WRONG. People are different.

And on the positive note I think that maybe EVO would look and feel more decent when attached to a bong or a hydratube. Unfortunately those where not on sale at Vapefiend.com. Also £300 with glass included would me easier to justify.

LegaliseIt,

mixchu69

I don't own an evo and want to chime in. 1) he is new to vaporizing and does not know what's out there
2) I feel that the biggest selling point is the cloud production in the hydrotube (doesn't own one). 3) since he is new to vaping, probably doesn't know how to optimize it.

MinnBobber

I don't know man. Maybe partially because I don't have tons of time to spent on some vaporiser research.
Here's one to consider and check out the miniVAP thread. You can get up to 3 hours on the battery AND use as a desktop with the AC puck.
Can convert from straight draws (with short mouthpiece, long glass mouthpiece, whip) to bubbler in 3 seconds.
Video to see it in action and yes, you do need to vape with a ski-mask with the miniVAP :)

EDIT--and yes, a bubbler or hydratube would let you take 2X hits on your EVO compared to dry. Cheap Chinese bubblers are plentiful---check out the cheap glass thread.
Hydratubes are more pricey and Chinese versions just came out BUT need refining as many leak/don't fit properly. That should be fixed soon.

Straight vapor hits are not hot BUT are very very dry on the throat and lungs. A water piece adds moisture which helps a lot

MinnBobber,

whateverman

For example last time I smoked before getting EVO was two weeks ago in Barcelona. First night I loaded my brand new EVO I got nicely high from two 0.15g loads.

I think I understand what's going on here. I'm sorry for being harsh, but your experience with the herb and with vaporizers is so little, your opinion is worth very little as well.

Please excuse me, I don't mean to insult. See, I don't drink alcohol. If someone introduced me to two kinds of whiskies, I couldn't tell the difference between them, let alone give remarks about the quality of the product. Both drinks would "get me drunk the same for the same amount of liquor", so why buy a 200$ bottle of scotch when you can get the same effects as a 20$ bottle?

Shit Snacks

I don't know man. Maybe partially because I don't have tons of time to spent on some vaporiser research. Or maybe because at this stage in life when money is not an issue anymore I always try to get only what's absolutely best or at least best value for money. Btw don't even know what log vapes or 7th floor are :) It means would have to look it up first :) which again means time... And as I said in previous post the high tolerance is an issue with me for some mysterious reason. My younger son who is still at uni smokes weed almost every day. When he comes home on holiday we often blaze together and whatever makes him high as a kite makes me just a bit dizzy. So I was looking for the hardest hitter the money can buy in vaporiser world.

Since you mentioned vaping vs combustion I've noticed some strange thing with me. I'm non smoker generally and when I smoke a joint or two I feel no difference in my lungs apart from longer lasting smell in my breath (wife complaints a lot about this). But if I vape for a couple of days like now with EVO without a water tool next day I feel like I've tortured my lungs. Have you vaping enthusiasts ever heard about such experiences?

Firstly, yes hot vapor can really dry out your throat, for some more so than smoke, hence the water filtration. Also lengthening the vapor path can do wonders, hence whips. 7th floor also makes these tamers you put in the freezer for icy hits. Since you weren't such a smoker before it makes sense you didn't have as much irritation even with a joint, whereas I knew I was done with smoking when I coughed up some blood after a bong hit once... Vaping allowed me to increase my consumption without the pain and health risks.

Anyway, so desktop power really is another level than any electronic portable for the most part, but a big driver is the way the herb is heated. Desktops and portables like Firefly, Daisy, Grasshopper all use pure convection (hot air then drawn over herbs to create and inhale vapor instantly). It is more like smoking, getting you as close to combustion as possible with just one hit and easily the most efficient. The Air uses conduction primarily, with a bit of convection, but is underpowered, requiring a slow steady draw and a session that constantly cools your herb even without inhaling. MFLB is conduction on demand, still underpowered but not as limited as a session style device (pure conduction session would be Pax, Ascent, Alfa, FlowerMate, etc. Common for portables).

So basically, in my humble opinion of course, spending that kind of money anywhere without extensive research is being an ignorant consumer. Like buying a Mac laptop bc its the most expensive, when it is absolutely not the best by any means... Of course best is subjective, Evo offers a lot of value for many making it worth the price, but without proper research for a purchase like this, you risk not finding what meets your own needs.

Though it is a small industry there are still a lot of different options, many work just as well in terms of getting you really stoned effectively and efficiently, but they differ in many small ways that make all the difference for the end user. We are diverse in our useage and so are the creators, even smoking offers many options, though the extraction (and lack thereof, as so much good stuff is wasted in the burn) there is always the same basically.

So yes, you are clearly busier than I (older too), but that's precisely why I am here to help, I have put in the absurd time to research pretty much every vape available, beyond the ones I own and have tried, I read about all of them to make informed decisions for myself, and then help others do the same more quickly than I. For example there is an Ask FC thread (and Reddit is built around this) where you can ask us "experts" for opinions and suggestions on picking a vaporizer based on your own needs, preference, and experience.

This is not a review site that then links you to buy from affiliates with commission, this is real consumers reporting their experiences, many of us obsessively reading everything we can find to remain informed and to then share for the rest of the community. This industry is still so young, but this place houses very knowledgeable people who were at the forefront of the movement, which brought in manufacturers who want feedback and to take advantage of this incredible resource here...

Anyway, it would be better to keep this discussion centered around the Evo, so feel free to start an ask FC thread for full discussion (we have other broad thread sections too), but given that value and appearance are of equal importance to you as power and efficiency, you truly must look into log vapes (Underdog, E-Nano, Heat Island, and UK specific models even used to be around as well). A SSV or LSV would also offer you similar power to Evo but a bit more technique involved, far cheaper and plenty of ways to use dry without water. A torch vape like Daisy is its own unqiue experience and it is frankly unrivaled, even compared to a desktop. Finally the Firefly, is a lot like a high class convection mflb, pricey but the body really feels like it in hand as well. I knew Evo had the cheap plastic shell before buying, so I wasn't surprised, it just sheethes the glass in a lightweight way, I made an extremely well informed decision, and it pains me to see others fail to do so (but I do that for any major purchase, I am an obsessive analyitcal researcher. More reason for you to benefit from my gift/curse, and those of everyone else here)

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nice. More insults. I hear Grasscity is a nice forum, @LegaliseIt .

I didn't build the EVO so I don't take it personally that you don't like it, @LegaliseIt . I object to the insults, both explicit and implicit, that litter your latter posts. Most forum members around here don't do that.

Please do not post negative comments about another member's posts or posting style. If a post breaks the rules, report it. If a post doesn't break the rules and offends you, either ignore it or respond using a PM.

p.s. and I also have some idea on how forums like this are being monetised. And when I see guys with long lists of current, previous, pre-ordered vaporisers I assume that they are either salesmen, marketers, affiliates or just poor souls sucked into this vapour-hype.

I think I understand what's going on here. I'm sorry for being harsh, but your experience with the herb and with vaporizers is so little, your opinion is worth very little as well.

Please excuse me, I don't mean to insult. See, I don't drink alcohol. If someone introduced me to two kinds of whiskies, I couldn't tell the difference between them, let alone give remarks about the quality of the product. Both drinks would "get me drunk the same for the same amount of liquor", so why buy a 200$ bottle of scotch when you can get the same effects as a 20$ bottle?

These are all examples of ways to start flame wars. Please stick to posting about the EVO and not the people that own or use one.

LegaliseIt

Not nice and directly ignoring the moderator request to be nice and stay on topic. Warning point issued.

:) I'm not some dumb, spoiled 13 years old cccuuunnnttt who commit suicide because "vampire", "querty" and "madDog" bullied him/her on the internet. I never get offended in forums.

If you have noticed I criticise mainly the cheap looks and heat of the EVO base. Not the performance.

Since you quoted the bit where I talk about my tolerance, so please feel free to educate me if little offtopick is allowed here. Where I'm getting lost? And yes I'm not an expert on cannabis. I can tell if the product is good by looking at it, smelling or smoking and really see the difference between herbs I buy in California where I spend a lot of time and the usual Lemon Haze or Amnesia you can pick up on London streets. But taste is always the same to me. And also to my son (the one who smokes weed). Also sativa/indica effects not guaranteed to me. The same strain and even the same bud one day can cause totally different experience from previous. And yes I can't still figure out why?

LegaliseIt,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Right now, I'm hitting my EVO at this position:

CUwwCQc.jpg

THAT is pretty hot. I'm trying to extract it all quick, basically ride the line. I have a definite tickle in the back of my throat, but I'm producing giant lung busters, and I'm clearing an ELB in about 3 giant hits or 6/7 lighter hits. Fully packed up. I wouldn't do this with a dry tube. I honestly, wouldn't use this with a dry tube, just me personally. When I looked into it, it's main selling point was that it was a giant lung/cloud buster, and in order to do that, it's going to have to be cooled off in some way....which the water is doing. I have big lung capacity, but still needs to be cool to fill my lungs up.

If you don't got a hydratube, get something and set it up like this.

BePU2IV.jpg

If you feel you aren't getting that high, turn the temp up. Just in general with vaporizing, I feel that's the case. Different strokes for different folks, but when I was a new(er) vaper, I really needed shit to be hot. I now do this for special occasions or when I'm looking for a real body high. High temps I mean.

If turning the temps up are hurting your lungs, invest in proper percolation to cool them. That bong there has 2 matrix-esque percs, lots of percolation, cools it down a lot.

Hope this helped you out. As for price, it is what it is. It's a quality machine, top of the line. They can charge a top of the line price. Unique in what it is. Storz & Bickel can charge high prices because they're established through the Volcano being top of the line. Didn't the EVO beat it at the Cannabis Cup for best vaporizer ? I'm not really up to date of familiar with that kind of stuff as I don't live in a legal state, but stuff like that can mark up your sales. Celebrities using PAXes, can let you charge an exorbitant rate on the actual cost of components. Fact is, it's a niche market, so for anyone to make really any sustainable money, that's going to be the case. Happy we have a market, rather than building my own, though maybe someday I will :D

Happy HumpDay!

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
There was a post I wanted to quote but I can't find it now. It was saying something about the temps being hotter when left on for a while. Generally I turn it off after every session and start up again from cold, and I can use max temp comfortably. I tried it after leaving it on between sessions and the base feels a lot hotter, much more vapour and I could possibly see how people are combusting. So I'm wondering what the difference in temperature is between leaving it on and starting from cold?

Btw @LegaliseIt buying the EVO without a water tool is a little like buying a sandwich without the bread. Your large disposable income should allow you to splash out on one, you're not getting the best out of it mate :D

LegaliseIt

Well thank you guys for your thoughts and input, especially @Shit Snacks and @stickstones. Do apologise to anyone who may got offended by some of my comments and remarks. As I said, English is my third learned language apart from my native one. Furthermore I'm eastern european and whoever know us better can confirm that sometimes we may be real wildlings. Our understanding of being polite and nice differ from British. They sometimes find our straightforwardness rude and us, on the other hand, often think that British politeness is too cheesy or even fake. For instance we would never ask someone "how are you" if are not prepared to listen to their story, complaints or suicidal thoughts :). Please be assured that no offence or abuse was intended.

When I was considering EVO the important factor was ease of use literally with no learning curve. I also liked neat ELB system with caps on. No glass stems to pack or empty when hot. Btw all original Air stems are broken already and even some of re-orderd ones :). Though I'll have EVO plugged in in my home office, grind some herbs quickly, load ELB, put them into airtight container... BANG BANG when needed and I'm done. My problem home in London is that my Mrs hates when I use cannabis, hates the smell of it and so on. If I smoke outside and come back let's say in 15 minutes she still says that whole house smells like junkie den. But vape does not leave this long lasting stench. So this is little bit of compromise from my side. And basically marijuana is my little secret. If people surrounding me knew that I use weed I'd be tagged as a drug addict if not a criminal and I think that some of them would even come up with some silly rescue mission.

@Alan Partridge Yes I'm waiting for Mobius Matrix (Chinese version) and some 18.8mm tall bong to arrive and then I'll give this poor guy another go. Then either keep it or sell it at discounted price (maybe even someone here would benefit from it). If I decide to keep it, then I'll buy some proper glass as soon as I'm back in US. In California is completely different story. I always stay at my friend's in Los Gatos. He gets herbs from some local grower's private stash. Every Friday after work roll a fatty and I'm on the way to freedom. No kids, no wives to ruin the joy of being fulfilled :D

Top Bottom