Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So no "clock" marks in the EVO? I will need to make something like @Deadshort480 to mine, I'm really used to them :\

Thanks for all the info and the videos guys, I have to admit that I'm so jealous right now, that I'm going to use my Cloud+ till she KO me!!:rofl::rofl:

This is the only negative ive found. from those who have been around for a while i used to call and text SM back in the day and always request my hash marks back when i did my original run as a beta tester for the company. its not a huge issue, as i only use a few temp settings but that said, one of thee first things i noticed was the lack of hash marks and it certainly is a drawback IMO.

thank god the machine more then makes up for it in production. the addition of an on off switch vs vapes like the LSV or VHW make it less of an issue for me, but still something id have liked to kept in the evo.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I don't know if it's just me or not...but as long as there is a center mark on either the backsplash, or the knob, and hashmarks on the opposite, I can still tell it's "O'Clock" position just fine. For instance, put the knob on the new EVO at 2pm (approximate it) and then look at the marks between the white mark on the knob, and the "noon" mark on the back splash...You can still get it at exactly 1 o'clock, 2, etc...the marks are just on the knob now...

Edit* I see now that there are just marks on the knob...still, you can look at the marks on the knob and line them up to center, and count...
...pic below from Deadshort480...
image-189.jpg

Look at the knob, closely...it's hard to see the lines as the pic is a little dark, but you can see that the knob is set to ~3 o'clock, and you can count the notches between the top dead center one, and the white one...I can see the white marks helping I suppose, but I think with the marks on the knob and being able to tell what is center, you can get the temp you want...no?

Also, a question to anyone with both a Cloud and an Evo, as well as a Cloud/Evo Buddy...can you put both devices into the Cloud/EVO buddy at the same time? :brow:

And I'm not knocking your Sharpie marks @Deadshort480 ;) Just mentioning an alternative way to see the temp settings before marking up your new EVO, for those who haven't yet and don't want to. I know many are going to get creative with the design (skins, coating, etc) so markings may be incorporated into those as well...but you may have started a sharpie craze for some! :lol:

Last edited:

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I don't know if it's just me or not...but as long as there is a center mark on either the backsplash, or the knob, and hashmarks on the opposite, I can still tell it's "O'Clock" position just fine. For instance, put the knob on the new EVO at 2pm (approximate it) and then look at the marks between the white mark on the knob, and the "noon" mark on the back splash...You can still get it at exactly 1 o'clock, 2, etc...the marks are just on the knob now...

Edit* I see now that there are just marks on the knob...still, you can look at the marks on the knob and line them up to center, and count...
image-189.jpg

Look at the knob, closely...it's hard to see the lines as the pic is a little dark, but you can see that the knob is set to ~3 o'clock, and you can count the notches between the top dead center one, and the white one...I can see the white marks helping I suppose, but I think with the marks on the knob and being able to tell what is center, you can get the temp you want...no?

Also, a question to anyone with both a Cloud and an Evo, as well as a Cloud/Evo Buddy...can you put both devices into the Cloud/EVO buddy at the same time? :brow:

That is actually how I made my marks. There is a detent at 12 o'clock that keeps the dial in place at that location. I drew my first line at that spot and then used the hash marks on the knob to line up the other markings. I just like having the marks. I did the same thing on my LSV. I just erased the original markings and replaced them with small dots instead of lines. It looks better.

Last edited:

Ezzie Koffer

Thanks for the eye candy, guys. Keep 'em coming.

My main concern at this point is the comment by eleven about the top heaviness. And the way the EVO slides a bit on the table surface in Deadshort's video is a bit scary to my eyes when I imagine a beautiful, fragile hydrotube atop of it. Is there any way to add sticky/rubber padding to the bottom of the EVO or to secure it in order to prevent it from being pulled around by the power cord? That said, I can't wait for my EVO to get here already :brow:

Some Q's for you fellows:

DeadShort have you tried hitting with the dry glass attachment? With the comments about the top of the EVO running hot, it's looking as though the EVO is best experienced through water filtration.

Also anyone with an older model cloud kindly willing to write a comparison?

Deadshort480

The new markings.

This is just a bit of kief inside a slightly modified EQ screen topped with the ELB cap. I just pressed the shank of the dabber into the screen where it meets the lip all around to create pinches that hold the cap in place similar to the ELB. Since I only have two ELBs and plenty of EQ domes I figured this would work well as a two cap method substitute. It does.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
The new markings.

This is just a bit of kief inside a slightly modified EQ screen topped with the ELB cap. I just pressed the shank of the dabber into the screen where it meets the lip all around to create pinches that hold the cap in place similar to the ELB. Since I only have two ELBs and plenty of EQ domes I figured this would work well as a two cap method substitute. It does.
That thing is just insane! I can hardly wait to get mine! For anyone wanting to do something similar to what Deadshort is talking about, this is the Mini ELB I came up with back on 4/20...using an EQ dome screen and an ELB cap...works great for flowers or kief, and seems to work in pieces that the "two cap" method has clearance issues with.
@Deadshort480 or any EVO owner, how quick does the EVO's outer shell seem to cool down, say to pack up in a case after a heavy session? Also, I haven't heard any mention of anyone doing or needing a burn off...this is good! :nod:

One other thought...I bet @vtac's idea for an All Glass Bowl would work great given the higher upper temp range of the EVO! With temps that will combust in an ELB, one should be able to vape something just beyond the GONG joint with ease...
You can rig something up using an appropriately shaped adapter (18 to 14, carbon filter, etc.) and a glass screen. I've done it a few times for fun. It works, but is inconvenient and messy compared to the ELB with little appreciable benefit in taste. YMMV of course. I'm sure we will see some better thought out methods eventually.

axRzSFD.jpg
5LxBx0e.jpg

Last edited:

Deadshort480

I did a burn off, but I just wanted to run it at the highest heat at first for about a half hour with an ELB inside to see how hot everything got. I saw no mystery vapor or anything like that from the joint or the ELB, so I don't know of it needs a burn off.

I'd say the shell can cool down to where I would feel comfortable placing it inside foam rubber in between 8-10 minutes after shutting it off. This thing can retain some serious heat.

P Haze, thank you for the ingenuity of the mini ELB. I've read about it so many times, but did not know its origin or that it involved an EQ screen. I always thought it was two ELB caps.

Edit: Ahhhh, I see. There is the mini ELB = EQ dome + ELB cap and two cap method = 2 ELB caps. Got it!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I did a burn off, but I just wanted to run it at the highest heat at first for about a half hour with an ELB inside to see how hot everything got. I saw no mystery vapor or anything like that from the joint or the ELB, so I don't know of it needs a burn off.

I'd say the shell can cool down to where I would feel comfortable placing it inside foam rubber in between 8-10 minutes after shutting it off. This thing can retain some serious heat.

P Haze, thank you for the ingenuity of the mini ELB. I've read about it so many times, but did not know it's origin or that it involved an EQ screen. I airways thought it was two ELB caps.
You're welcome! I'm glad I could provide a couple of gems to the community with the Two Cap method and the Mini ELB :tup: Thank YOU for all of this info and the footage right off the bat! Living vicariously through you!

Have you tried any concentrates other than kief through it yet? (this goes to anyone really)...a video of a dab would be cool!

Anyone else try hitting it for a bit after unplugging it? I bet if preheated at max, you could get some decent retention to get outside for a couple of hits in the sunset in the backyard say.

Another question for any EVO & Cloud owners...do the LEDs seem any brighter than the ones in the previous models?

Edit* I don't want to post in here anymore so early while the thread is still staying decently maintained! So, this post would have gone below @Deadshort480's post below mine, but it's going here ;)

I was going to try a bit of hash in it tomorrow, but give me a few minutes and I'll drop a dab in the mini ELB.
I was going to go to sleep...but I'm in no rush now :popcorn: you rock, man! :rockon: Thanks for taking another one for the team; I'll be sure to return the favor when mine arrives!

Last edited:

Deadshort480

I was going to try a bit of hash in it tomorrow, but give me a few minutes and I'll drop a dab in the mini ELB.

Edit: Hmmmm. Any tips for shatter, wax, oil? Perhaps cotton? I tried again with the heat cranked to the max and got some thin vapor that was absolutely delicious.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
It can be a bit trying perusing this thread as an early bird contributor, but enjoyable just the same!

But one thought I am having is if there's a detent at high noon, then it's pretty easy to figure out where 9am to 3pm are, at least the way I was trained to tell time. I guess I'm just an analog guy at heart.

:science:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
It can be a bit trying perusing this thread as an early bird contributor, but enjoyable just the same!

But one thought I am having is if there's a detent at high noon, then it's pretty easy to figure out where 9am to 3pm are, at least the way I was trained to tell time. I guess I'm just an analog guy at heart.

:science:

Good point. If you grew up in a digital world a clock face might not be an automatic read for you.

On the other hand I can't remember the last time I moved the dial on mine once I found my "sweet spot".

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I see now that there are just marks on the knob...still, you can look at the marks on the knob and line them up to center, and count...
/PIC/
And I'm not knocking your Sharpie marks @Deadshort480 ;) Just mentioning an alternative way to see the temp settings before marking up your new EVO...
Thank you, I've missed this detail. I love that. So no silver hash marks needed now I suppose. Probably only one on the noon for extra precision.

@Deadshort480: I'd love to like your post twice for both the marks mod and the 360 vid! Double awesome in one post.
The bamboo seems indeed very different. I can see a total restriction on the bottom (good for filtering of input mess i think) and the top hole seems to be much lower than OG.
Because of this I suppose the GonG joint is going to be colder as the heater seems to be wrapped lower. Is that true? Owners? My OG joint was getting really hot I couldn't touch it when temp stabilized.
Also this could be good for the glass itself. My joint broke just above the hole. Now that that place is much lower, it is going to be more protected against any stress.

...One more thing, that combo of light weight VXL and the heavier sturdier thicker glass of the hydratube will make the setup top heavy. Be careful about just leaving it on the vape, it's risky. I think most people know this about any hydratube...
I can see that. Fanboys must have a really lightweight setup! I can't wait to try just that - how light is it with a mouthpiece only. Maybe even with a cord detached...

Last edited:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

Edit: Hmmmm. Any tips for shatter, wax, oil? Perhaps cotton? I tried again with the heat cranked to the max and got some thin vapor that was absolutely delicious.
What kind of hash was that? Was there any thing left over that we couldn't see in the video? We have an attachment coming out for concentrates what will get the oil much closer to the heat source.

Als0 @Deadshort480 I can't tell fr0m the vid but h0w hard are y0u pushing the t0p cap d0wn? When d0ing the tw0 cap meth0d I have f0und that if y0u sandwhich it t0 hard inbetween the ELB's it d0esn't w0rk as g00d? But that is 0ne 0f the reas0ns why when d0ing the tw0 cap meth0d I had t0 always use my HT because upsided0wn the cap w0uld always fall 0ff.

VapeNStone,

Deadshort480

That was some shatter in there. I pressed down quite hard. Probably too hard. There was some oil stuck to the walls of the screens, but that was it.

The concentrate accessory sounds like something I'm going to want.

More viewing pleasure...

Last edited:

11eleven11

Round 2 with this thing.

I did a 20% ELB and I've been just hitting it over and over at 11 o clock.

I am sufficiently high right now. I find this vaporizer pretty efficient too. A worry of mine was that I'd be just taking big rips and caching bowls immediately after 2-3 hits, but I think you can also ride it slow too which I also find enjoyable, and am doing now.

I wonder if that made any sense. I am pretty high for just 1 small bowl.

Deadshort480

It's gotta be the rate at which it extracts. I have loads that are completely spent and get no darker than light brown no matter how fine I grind it down at the end. I'm thinking 12-1 range is perfect for me from beginning to finish. It extracts everything evenly and produces that light brown ABV. I haven't even tried the knob at anything lower than the 12 o'clock setting. I must do this.

Silent

HEY, HEY, HEYHEEEY, VAPE WEED EVERY DAY
It's gotta be the rate at which it extracts. I have loads that are completely spent and get no darker than light brown no matter how fine I grind it down at the end. I'm thinking 12-1 range is perfect for me from beginning to finish. It extracts everything evenly and produces that light brown ABV. I haven't even tried the knob at anything lower than the 12 o'clock setting. I must do this.

What Does this equate to in terms of degrees celcius/Fahrenheit?

Silent,
Reactions: 530rasta
Top Bottom