• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

2 Paces

If you're correct, then I'm one of the very few who hits their HT completely level. My vaping station is on a raised bathroom counter and the height is perfect for this.

I'm with you. My tube is always level.

I have the bent neck, so it is extremely comfortable to hit it with the tube perfectly vertical.

2 Paces,
Reactions: Hexi
I also always hit my HT level. Wasn't it stated that it was bad to hit it on an angle? The water could start to syphon down and leak out. I would recommend you change your method if your hitting it on any sort of an angle.

M00NEY

i do get the whistle at certain speeds.

I was experimenting with whistles last night. I can get mine to whistle if I really pull hard and fast, but I can almost play a song if I restrict the path a bit with my pinky finger (from below) - at almost any speed... This was purely for fun. I feel no need to restrict the flow for effective operation.

I felt like I had the Ocarina of Time for a bit last night... playing that tune definitely took me to another place.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
EVO LE arrived Monday. Here's a review after several sessions. Tried to post this last evening but gave up after having been obliterated by only 3 EVO hits. First, some pics . . .

The new additions to the family, EVO LE and Custom Swagger Double-Chamber Circ Turbine . . .

zi6o.jpg

A closer look . . . graphite finish (still waiting for the VXL wrist bands) . . .

qey6.jpg

Swagger kicks ass . . .

1gxk.jpg

The Cloud family . . .

hxpg.jpg

The review should start with . . .

. . . a hit from the EVO is like a THC punch to the face.

Exactly! I set my EVO on 10 and I get dense vapor which just hammers me, and I'm not even pulling hard. Not doing anything different except using the EVO. The extraction is goddam phenomenal. My ABV is a thoroughly cooked dark brown.

About 2 minutes to green, I wait another couple, and its ready. (Or for even faster, set the dial high until green, turn down to desired setting, ready.) With that start-up, IMO no need to switch toggle or WeMo. If you have owned a Cloud, you may notice a tad more restriction in the EVO. It still is an effortless pull though. I find a steady draw produces milk in a 3-5 seconds. Or you can pull hard and hope you have the lungs for all that vapor, or you don't mind going into a coughing fit.

Others are using a higher setting and still reporting no harshness. (E.g., one Fanatic cached a 3/4 ELB in 2 hits, set at 1:00). At about 2 and above you're in concentrate territory. I don't have any oils but I did try pressed kief with the 2-cap mod, still set at 10, and it worked wonderfully although probably next time I'll take the dial up to 11-12 for that. On my OG when I 2-cap, I get additional air due to the ELB body not being used; with the EVO's different bamboo that doesn't happen and so again more dense vapor compared to my OG (hard to believe, isn't it?).

The incredible extraction results in a shorter session. I can totally vape a half-filled ELB in a few hits, and I have oldie lungs. Along with the fast heat up time, it takes no longer to vape than to grind and load: Turn it on, grind, load, hit, destroyed in 10 minutes.

The unit's fit and finish is overall very good. I found a very minor flaw in the seam at the base underside; the unit has to be turned upside down with switch on to see it. The polymer is a nice looking and feeling material, and the LE's graphite finish is sweet.

EVO is surprisingly light at only 11 oz. The heavier detachable power cord can easily move it, so arranging where to set it took a little thought. Same with how to grip the unit. The top half can get blistering hot, so the user needs to grip the lower half. The shell heat varies significantly with the setting and increases with the time on. But again, my sessions are fairly quick. There is a mark on the shell which shows where to keep your hand below. Because my hands are kinda small, so far I like using the wrist bands and placing my hand above the plug (and above the mark).

I occasionally get a low soft whistling sound, which appears to vary with the material and load. Haven't used it enough to pin point exactly. It's actually kinda fun.

So far I've used it with my HydraLine, a Mobius Ion Matrix, and the Custom Swagger above. The HL sat and balanced nicely even though tilted; standard size HT's and especially the bent necks are very comfortable. This Swagger is 16" tall and heavy, and while it adds a little drag it's much less than I expected; looks awesome milked. I've not been into large pieces though so I need to work with it more. But omigod, the EVO is perfect inverted and with the Ion is a match made in heaven; I still used the CloudBuddy but only for the carb, the unit is so easy to handle it easily lifts from the joint. (I think the EVO may also make it easier to handle the larger volume in the big Mobius bubblers.) I used the 2-cap with all the pieces and that was a helluva lot of fun, too - intense vapor.

My dings on the EVO are very minor. I did find that little flaw at the base. The shell heat can be intense, and there is now a plug off the back; took me a little while to find a comfortable grip. The light weight allows it to move around easily, so that requires some thought (an EVO "station" would be a good accessory addition).

On the plus side, yes, the EVO looks good, is easy to handle, heats up very fast, etc. But IMO it's the performance that really stands out and is a vaping breakthrough . . . the EVO is a dream. :clap:

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
All of this performance praising makes me want to see some members do a Cloud vs Sub comparison again, this time with the EVO!

vvvv Thank you doc. I think I've found it. Damn, I am drooling so much I have to go back to the anticipation thread now.

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
All of this performance praising makes me want to see some members do a Cloud vs Sub comparison again, this time with the EVO!

vvvv Thank you doc. I think I've found it. Damn, I am drooling so much I have to go back to the anticipation thread now.

I suspect there is another comparison coming. But currently he is on the floor.

weedemon

enthusiast
btw I'm surprised how many piped up to say they hit their evo on the level. I try to, but from a sitting position i find this awkward. A tilt feel more natural. being 100% 90 degrees straight up and down is just not comfortable for me. even with a bent neck tube.

also the 2n'd chamber at the bottom was made to catch any flow back of water going the wrong direction. it's your safeguard :)

I have a larger txt doc written up comparing the 2 more, but I need to proof read it and fix it up before posting.

the TLDR would be: the sub hits harder in one single hit. but the evo gets me higher and tastes better while pulling more actives out of the product too. It was a fun night of direct comparisons...

jeff

I missed you for an hour. @PhotoRider is cool about having a backup EVO in the area :)
Same kind of set up as Sunday but more oil wax kief oriented. At MAX clouds are tasty. The Motherships, Hamm,Apix, e-nail etcs etcs help a lot as well
http://instagram.com/p/hNPciOsOF6/
That dog have a docked tail. Scary stuff all that glass and a dog! My glass stays nice and high. Away from tails.

Also @Zangano Cruel i just saw you are in PDX too. Nice

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker

I'll do so later tonight most likely when I have a chance ... I love my Sub ... don't get me wrong ... but the EVO is SO much better in so many ways IMHO.

SD_haze

I also always hit my HT level. Wasn't it stated that it was bad to hit it on an angle? The water could start to syphon down and leak out. I would recommend you change your method if your hitting it on any sort of an angle.
I usually hit my HT level, but mostly for efficient perc firing.

You can test different angles with different water levels on your individual hydratubes,
BUT
For my original evolver hydratube with no water catch, I can hit it hard at a decent angle and decent water level with no water drips.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
My EVO arrived today! Due to the pressure of getting me my EVO in time for the Oprah interview, I think the gang just tossed stuff in the box and shipped...

...no, see, this is very, very good. I've made a little video of what I got, and then a couple of vids of me doing some hits off it. I'm very, very, very deeply medicated at the moment, but amazingly, it isn't so much my head .. I am FINALLY getting the body "high" that I've been searching for.... the one that fucking KILLS PAIN. I think the fuller extraction that the whole EVO thing does is a very real phenomena.

Video issue. I must try to fix. BBL.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Thank you for holding, here is the video previously promised*

*not sure why I never managed to catch a decent cloud shot, which wasn't messed up some other way. Oh well.

Anyway, I will get a decent milk/cloud shot. Later. When I'm not quite so medicated.

Okay, it's "Later", and I decided that I really needed to try another one.

Here's a fresh ELB with 0.10 Dutch Treat.

Last edited:

Dr. Plutonious

Looks like my ELB situation got solved today as well. Thanks Vapexhale! You guys are awesome.

My friends saw the potential of how baked you can get with just 2 ELBs and someone consistently loading new bowls in the ELB not in use...

They got a whole different beast coming when I can load up 6 and just plug em in back to back...they better be ready.

JCat

Accessory Maker
4:00am ... first ELB of the day and it didn't disappoint! (Can feel it behind my eyes which is a good sign :))

EVO hits like a champ! Heated up to the 3:00 position, hitting it as soon as it turns green, my ABV comes out a nice milk chocolate brown (just how I like it). Haven't been leaving the EVO on unlike the Cloud because I like the way it hits as soon as its ready (it hits as well as my Cloud+ did at 3:00 after a 15min heatup time ... EVO's ready in a few minutes!)

Full review still coming later! (Ended up going to bed at a decent time last night--which is why I'm up at 4am :))

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ok ... 3 ELBs between 4-4:35am ... very high (not something typical for me!) ... might have to go back to bed :lol: ...

EVO is an improvement over the Cloud/Cloud+ in every way that I can tell. Produces amazing clouds and can cache an ELB that's anywhere from 1/3 to 3/4 full in a single pull (if you have the lungs for it ... could probably do smaller and larger loads as well, but that's what I've tried :))

Out of the >20 vaporizers I've owned nothing has matched this one in all the important areas:
- quality of vapor
- quantity of vapor and ability to produce on demand quickly
- quick start up time (heat up time to be working at full efficiency)
- taste of vapor
- airflow (I believe the OG Cloud had slightly more open air-flow but don't really remember as its been a long time since I had one ... seems the same as the Cloud+ in my estimation--or at least very similar)
- quality/aesthetics of unit (light, looks durable--time will tell I guess :), looks really slick and well made)
- ease of maintenance (easy to clean ELBs and unit itself cleans quickly and stays relatively clean ... I just twist up a moistened paper towel and wipe down the inside and outside of the top part of the bamboo every day or two and the unit stays immaculate--at least that was the case with the Cloud/Cloud+ and I'm following the same maintenance routine with my EVO)

All around ... there's not a single area where another vaporizer beats the EVO in my estimation (just my opinion, I'm sure some might prefer other vaporizers as their favorite(s) for their own reasons). It's everything I want in a desktop/home vaporizer. Taste/Performance/Ready-On-Demand/Airflow/Ease-Of-Maintenance/etc, the EVO is #1 in all areas IMHO.

I'll also provide an EVO vs. Sublimator comparison in the EVO vs. Sub thread as soon as I get a chance, but the EVO is by far #1 in my opinion, the Sublimator is fun and is a great vaporizer in its own right, but nowhere near the EVO in so many ways (some Sub supporters will disagree I'm sure ... just my opinion :lol:)

Hexi

Thank you for holding, here is the video previously promised*

*not sure why I never managed to catch a decent cloud shot, which wasn't messed up some other way. Oh well.

Anyway, I will get a decent milk/cloud shot. Later. When I'm not quite so medicated.

Okay, it's "Later", and I decided that I really needed to try another one.

Here's a fresh ELB with 0.10 Dutch Treat.

Are you guys looking to adopt a 40something? I'll bring some dutch crunch to the interview, and I can absolutely destroy a Pop-Warner league. It will be like Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School + The Blind Side + VXL EVO-TOPIA!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I SLEPT!!

I just got up *grin*... I actually woke up a couple of times, but did not need to get out of bed, just repositioned, then dropped back off. Not until 4 am did I have to get up (potty run), then I hit the log vape (always on) once and back to bed. So, I had a real good six + hours of sleep, and I feel better this morning.

This is huge. I feel better this morning. Not the same, not a bit worse, I don't feel like I have to do yoga first thing to be able to move/function... and, I don't have the fuzzy head "hangover" from having to get myself so stoned that I can sleep. I was a bit worried when I went to bed - I'd hit the sleep blend (indicas with higher cbd/cbn), but by the time we hit the sheets, my head felt pretty clear. However, I had the lovely BODY stone going on, and was able to sleep.

I had been venturing into concentrates, which, while they would get me really stoned, really don't help with the body pain very much. I also have been waking up a bit groggy, almost on the verge of hungover feeling. Being able to wake up this morning and feeling AWAKE is great.

I used the HT dry this morning, just to get more of the flavor, and that was good, too. Of course, it's funner with the full turbine action.

Houston, we have lift off. :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just a quick update/thought .... the EVO is unsurpassed so far in ease of use and vapor production/quality. I can't believe how quick of a session I can have and how good the vapor flavor/production is! (I'm going to time it next time from cold to done.) I bet an avg. session is <5 minutes ...

1. Turn on EVO
2. Grind up material and prepare ELB
3. Wait another minute for EVO to be ready
4. Take hit
5. Empty/clean ELB (I use the Vapir NO2 brushes to clean my ELBs after each use ... ordered 20 from vaporizers.ca a while back ...)

Total time has got to be <5 minutes ... I'll time it next time to see.

Top Bottom