Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Yes the top is REALLY hot. Right where I hold it at the top. I hope they include wristbands with mine. I use my cloud inverted only.
I don't believe wristbands to help with this heat. I too had formed a habit of gripping from the top wristband ladened Cloud/Cloud+. In the case of the Evo, I had to change my habit as the bottom as absolutely cool to the touch.
Layers of rubber wristbands would help. A single layer is helping out a bit.
@darkrom, as someone else who used their Cloud inverted quite a bit, and also held their unit from the top almost primarily, I can attest that holding the EVO by the mid/bottom section feels totally natural after just a few sessions, weather upright, inverted, or transitioning from one to another. After using this now for a few straight days, I can say I no longer reach for the top of the unit, even when it hasn't been on long enough to get uncomfortable at the top.

Now while I agree with what @MacRadish and @Deadshort480 are saying, I also side with @max, in that the unit only gets uncomfortable if left on. And, needing to leave it on has nearly become a thing of the past. I say nearly, as some users medical needs might override the minimal nature of the "couple minute" heat up time. What I'm saying is that the heat up time from a cold start has been reduced to such a small time that most can afford to leave the device off, and turn it on when they need to use it; as the heat up time is nearly equivalent to the time needed to prepare ones flowers, glass, etc. However, for someone with any number of medical issues which require the user to medicate at a moments notice, that "couple minute" warm up time might as well be hours.

So, if you don't ever need to vape at a moments notice, then you're probably better off leaving the EVO turned off when not being used actively. As much as one would think they need it at the ready, it really does take about the same amount of time to heat up as it does to prep meds.

Personally, certain times of the day, I will be leaving the EVO on non-stop via WeMo switch, as I know that I am prone to nausea coming on at a moments notice, and recently it has been narrowed down to certain settings. I carry my Dr. Dabber pen for immediate needs, but when I'm home, and I know I'm feeling like I'm going to need it at any moment, the WeMo is on. Otherwise, when I'm feeling particularly good and am only medicating for pain, and / or recreational purposes, I leave the EVO off...as I know I'm bound to spend the same amount of time as the EVO will spend getting heated up, or more, preparing my meds, cleaning glass, packing an ELB, doing other things etc.

So, for me, the Top half of the unit isn't always hot, but because it is at times, I never go for it. I keep the 1 wristband included in my EVO shipment at the halfway mark on the EVO, so that I (and others) have a quick reference of where it stays cool/gets warm/hot. I find it very comfortable/natural now to grab the unit midway or lower and use it as needed. The light-weight aspect, especially when unplugged, lend to the EVO being very maneuverable without one feeling like the EVO is at risk. I love the new design and it's weight reduction. Yes, at first, it had that "well there goes the quality with the weight" feeling, but after my first session, and getting used to picking up what I expected to be heavier, it's just right! :luv:
Anyone else notice that there is no longer any need for the two cap or the mini elb? I filled like absolutely nothing in the elb and it hit just fine? Also I threw in some kief all by itself and it also hit great?
There's never been any need for either of those things...but my thought and reasoning behind the TwoCap method, was to keep the mess to a minimum, and vape it a little bit better/efficiently
Yeah, this method was definitely spawned out of a necessity to find a better way to use kief, and powdery concentrates/dry sift, etc, without clogging bowls, and also, to vape it quicker/easier.
...My OG always vaped kief just fine in the ELB, just made a bit of a mess, and the ELB didn't stay clean as long. This also just seemed to vape kief a little quicker and more uniformly than the ELB. The MiniELB was a result of wanting a small bowl, that was easy to handle, and easier to eye-ball dosage-wise...I can scoop up a bowl the same size every time. Also, it provided better clearance than the Two-Cap did in some pieces with finicky GONG joints; and it made for a convenient bowl for more runny but still sap-like oils.
One con I noticed is that light turns green way to fast.
Too fast for you?
Wait a minute. If this is true doesn't that mean the the green light is useless? I thought it was supposed to turn green when it is on that temp that you set it at? Is that not the case?
Seriously? Talk about nitpicking. :lol:

Yes, the temp light goes green when it is up to temp. The nature of a device with a beastly heater like this, however, is that heat will continue to soak into the device, and it will heat more. Overall ambient temp will rise, etc. The green light is an indicator of when the temp sensors have agreed that things are up to the temp you set it to. But, as time goes on, the temp will rise a bit.

What you're seeing is characteristics of "un-typical" usage. As someone such as @max states, the unit should be turned on, let heat up until green at desired temp, used, then turned off. That's why the heater is as powerful as it is, as well as for concentrate use at max temps, etc.

If you leave it on for more than one session, you're likely to see the temp/vapor production rise up over what it was at the initial "green light." :tup:

The top half of the EVO only gets 'Cloud hot' after it's been on a while. I can get absolutely zombiefied before it's even a decent handwarmer. And it heats up so fast from a cold start, compared to the Cloud, that it's no problem at all for me to just turn it off if I'm good for a while. The long Cloud start up time was a major weakness, and the huge improvement is much appreciated in my house. That long start up time prompted a 'keep it on' attitude, and you therefore had to deal with a hot Cloud. Now it's no longer a pain in the ass to wait for vaping temp, so you don't ever have to deal with a hot top end if you don't want to.

Oh yeah, expect an actual review from me here when I'm not stuck at work...If I can hold back from replying for a little while longer, maybe there will still be something left to review that no one has touched :lol: Yeah, right...as if. We all know, and knew, that this thing would be, and is, a total beast. It is just great! Once again, VXL has done it just right...and yet somehow, I feel like 2014 will only be better! :popcorn:

Last edited:
Some people are looking for PS4's and XBOne's, but those awaiting their EVO to arrive are in for something truely special.

Now if only I can get my paws on one of those hoodies and/or t-shirts.:smug:

I'm with ya on trying to get one of those hoodies! @stonemonkey55 said they might raffle a few off for a good cause in the near future. I'm hoping they still plan to do that. The zippered hoodie is siiiiicckk!
And it looks like the EVO is definitely having a better launch/rollout than the Xbox One...

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
OK, 24 hours in and two anomalies have occurred. Or at least one of them is, the other may have already occurred to others.

First, mine shuts down at 40-41 minutes. That's less than my OG Cloud. I thought the shut down had been increased to approximately 1 hour.

Second, (and others have probably reported this) mine runs significantly hotter than my OG. At the 12 o'clock setting my ABV is almost charred, whereas I'm used to that being my ideal setting on the OG. Even turned up full the OG rarely charred anything.

Are other EVOs running hotter than the OGs?

Have a couple of friends over and we're thinking about setting up some sort of blind OG vs EVO test...if we weren't so vaked as to be unable to think it through....

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
OK, 24 hours in and two anomalies have occurred. Or at least one of them is, the other may have already occurred to others.

First, mine shuts down at 40-41 minutes. That's less than my OG Cloud. I thought the shut down had been increased to approximately 1 hour.

Second, (and others have probably reported this) mine runs significantly hotter than my OG. At the 12 o'clock setting my ABV is almost charred, whereas I'm used to that being my ideal setting on the OG. Even turned up full the OG rarely charred anything.

Have a couple of friends over and we're thinking about setting up some sort of blind OG vs EVO test...if we weren't so vaked as to be unable to think it through....
On the first note, that's odd!

On the second, that's totally normal! The higher temp range allows for (phenomenal) concentrate extraction! Be careful, as flowers don't seem to like the higher temps...I stay below 2 with anything other than kief/oils, and below ~3/4 with anything that doesn't fully melt away, but that's just me...others may very well vary! Kief combusted at max temp on my first bowl ever with this thing :brow:

Edit** I really would suggest a support ticket be filled out, to let them know about the anomaly that is your short shut-off timer. Also, it would be cool if others could post there shut off times, when you happen to be posting next. No need for a torrent of posts just saying "My unit shuts off at..." But once again, :2c: And, I couldn't say how long my EVO stays on for...I haven't timed it or payed too much attention...

Sinclue

Planned on the support ticket, but wanted to check on how temps were running. Plus wanted to "put it through its paces" for a bit in case there was anything else of note.

Too vaked to do the blind comparison between OG and EVO...will try with a fresh start tomorrow.

Another 40 minute shutoff just now...

mephisto

My Evo also runs real hot compared to my Cloud. I am usually at 2-3 on the Cloud, whereas now I am using 11-12 on the Evo. Nothing to complain about for me since I had read of this prior to receiving my Evo.
Congrats to the VXL crew for a super product, the rest of you should be seeing your new Evo's real soon.

SD_haze

Hey Guys Does The Warranty Cover Things Like If It's Mounted Upside Down In Your Water Tool And The Stem Snaps Off?

The bamboo (inner glass tube) is replaceable, unlike the previous design, but fairly certain it's not a free fix. The exact amount hasn't been posted, but it should be less than the previous cost of $150 for a refurb solution.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I just want mine to show already, been fucking months without it. In fact I'm not even medicating much with flowers anymore because the cloud did the best job at extraction short of going to the nail.

At this point I just hope it comes by Christmas. Isn't it funny that I just got my original last Christmas and I am still waiting for my replacement.

I know they're doing everything they can and I don't want to sound like a broken record but it's starting to depress me.
mvapes - GM:wave:! Do you find that the HI comes close to the full extraction performance you can get with the Cloud? Thanks!

Snappo,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
IMO: Call me crazy, or maybe I'm too used already, but I feel that mostly all my vaporizers perform better in a cold environment. And when I mean cold, I mean it.
NW winter colds. Outside in the backyard maybe 20s to 30s sometimes. Inside the shed not that higher.
I mostly get protected from wind gusts and draft currents. Either way, It gets drafty and really frosty when really windy outside. Going vaping is like getting ready for the mountain. I wear my snow pants , jacket and boots :)
Outside, in the shed, ABV is always consistent medium dark brown. Even at MAX. A faint wispy popcorn aftertaste at the very end.
My EVO runs really hot inside the house. I noticed this from the ABV and not being able to hold it from the top.
At MAX I saw really dark dark spots in my ABV, and some popcorn taste.
I'm staying low temps and 3 max.
Still ripping some fat tasty clouds. Checking my auto shut off times now. I'll edit later the result.

Exactly 56 minutes auto shut off.
Finding between 1 and 2 to cash load. No dark spots but really brown uniform. Better tuned.

Last edited:

weedemon

enthusiast

I feel like mine shuts off faster than my old ticker did. (why do people call it an OG btw?) the ticker was about an hour, but I haven't been able to catch this one because it's silent. the ticker was actually something i came to love :p silent is cool too though.

I prefer to run my evo at the noon setting. and as per sm55's suggestion to turn it down after the first 3-4 tokes I tried that, (skeptical I might add... a lower temp on the vape to finish the bowl off?) but to my surprise it did make vapor for me still!

I'm sure my evo is a lot hotter than my ticker got.

Outside, in the shed, ABV is always consistent medium dark brown. Even at MAX. A faint wispy popcorn aftertaste at the very end.
My EVO runs really hot inside the house. I noticed this from the ABV and not being able to hold it from the top.

I notice this effect too. i turn my vapes up in the winter/cool months when this happens.

I also really like how in the colder months, when i exhale my vapor is so much more visible! very neat :)

air_zonk

The bamboo (inner glass tube) is replaceable, unlike the previous design, but fairly certain it's not a free fix. The exact amount hasn't been posted, but it should be less than the previous cost of $150 for a refurb solution.

Wow It's User Replacable? That Would Be Amazing If So... I Wouldn't Expect It To Be A Free Fix But That Would Be Wonderful News

Wish I Knew About The Indiegogo Campaign, Jealous Of All You Evo Owners

JoeKickass

Wow It's User Replacable? That Would Be Amazing If So... I Wouldn't Expect It To Be A Free Fix But That Would Be Wonderful News

No I'm Pretty Sure You Still Have To Send It In To Fix, The Old Design You Couldn't Even Repair!

How do you type like that lol, my shift pinky is killing me!

SD_haze

Like JoeKickass said,
When I meant the original design wasn't replaceable, I meant even vapexhale themselves couldn't replace it (because it was fused to some integral parts)

So you'd have to send it in to replace the bamboo, but it beats not being able to fix it at all.

SD_haze,
Reactions: grokit

Sinclue

OK, opened a support ticket about my shutoff time. It now varies from 39-44 minutes. Yesterday the range was 40-41 minutes. Cold start, warm start, used, not used still shuts down early.

On one hand its an excuse to push on into checking out the WeMo device, and that it heats up quickly (especially if its already been in use), etc. etc. But on the other hand part of me says such a premium item should be expected to work properly right out of the box and was said to have been checked for proper function before being shipped. I shouldn't have to employ work arounds and solutions to get the device to work as expected.

As to function itself, well, of course it kicks ass...its a Cloud after all. I certainly don't want to turn loose of it now that I've got it.

I'm just saying...

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
OG Cloud vs. EVO battle tonight.
5 judges, EVO vs. OG Cloud
Hydraline & New Turbine HTs,
good ol GDP.
Same weight/grind in fresh ELBs for each hit.
Results posted...when able...

air_zonk

Like JoeKickass said,
When I meant the original design wasn't replaceable, I meant even vapexhale themselves couldn't replace it (because it was fused to some integral parts)

So you'd have to send it in to replace the bamboo, but it beats not being able to fix it at all.
No I'm Pretty Sure You Still Have To Send It In To Fix, The Old Design You Couldn't Even Repair!

How do you type like that lol, my shift pinky is killing me!

Thanks Guys! Either Way This Is Very Good News. I Type Very Slowly With Two Fingers. I Am Not Good With The Keyboard. My Wife And Kids Laugh At Me All The Time About It.....

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thanks Guys! Either Way This Is Very Good News. I Type Very Slowly With Two Fingers. I Am Not Good With The Keyboard. My Wife And Kids Laugh At Me All The Time About It.....

It's easier if you don't put caps on every word. ;) And keep at it, my mother was a very slow typer and awful with computers. Nowadays she already uses the internet and types ok. You'll get there too.

max

Out to lunch
Hate it for you a_z. Using 2 fingers is like taking what should be a nice walk but having to drag one leg. I hated that keyboard class I took in high school ('Typing class' back then), but it turned out to be the single most useful class I've ever taken.

dankitydank said:
If purchased tonight, what is the estimated wait time before I will receive my EVO?
Nobody but the company can give you more than a guess, but it probably wouldn't be this year.

Sinclue

OG CLOUD vs. CLOUD EVO

Only four judges showed up (his loss).

Pre-filled 16 ELBs with GDP

Judges blindfolded. Coin flipped to determine combo and order: My wife did all the loading and setting up combos. She had to function so didn't participate.

Round 1: EVO/ Hydraline

Round 2 Cloud/Turbine

Round 3 Cloud/ Hydraline

Round 4 EVO/Turbine

Results: 1st choice: EVO/Turbine (2)

Cloud/Hydraline (1)

Cloud/Turbine (1)

Important caveat: nobody had any complaints about any of the combinations. A Cloud by any other name...

All do the job quite nicely.

I suppose to do it justice we should have included the dry mouthpiece in our testing. But if I want dry vapor I have the Solo for that.

Indisputable conclusion by all judges: Vapexhale...still the king. :bowdown:

Sinclue

Your test should make Cloud owners happy. The old model can still kick ass right alongside the new guy.

Had a request to add the dry mouthpiece and I think also my ION for the next round. Have to wait for the weekend to be able to assemble the "panel of judges".

And yes, what I think it shows us it that the principle and process are top of the class no matter which model they produce.

While all judges had a preference we all agreed that we'd be happy with any of the combinations.

On a side note I heard back from VapeXhale regarding my early shutoff (40 minutes). They don't feel it is symptomatic of any other problems. Of course if I wanted to turn loose of it they'd take a look at it and play around with it to fix it up. But I ain't turning this baby loose. I'll get a WeMo or just a plain timer and live with it for now...especially with the two year warranty. After all, if I'd been told the shutoff was at 40 minutes that wouldn't have affected my decidison to support them.

Hexi

FML I have some nice boutique, very tasty Dutch Crunch, Pink Lemonade and another Blueberry derived batch just waiting on my IGG EB Evo! Somehow I made it through the weekend by making my Solo work overtime. It's just a 24 minute Solo session isn't the same as potentially doing 3 milk blasts on the Evo and being done.

Question: I hear a lot of talk about Bamboo/Glass path etc... but that's the one part of the Cloud and Evo I could never quite get a grasp on. What is the key to the Bamboo in the 2 devices, construction material for the airpath?

Top Bottom