• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
Hi guys, I just traveled recently from LV to SD roundtrip. T'was no issue with my clean Solo, just as expected. :D

Wow, can't believe it was the best ever you tried. I spoke with some locals and showed them some pics of what we have and they said they just don't grow it the same. I paid 60 us dollars for what looked like about 1/4

VC - it was brown nugs, the guy said it grows green but when it dries it turns brown. I beleive it was due to the humidity. I don't know if it was bad or if I just couldn't smoke enough to get faded cause my throat hurt. All in all, it was still good just cause the overall exp of Jamaica was great so I wasn't all sour about not getting primo herb! Jamaica is where I found this site too!
You should watch some of Remo's recent videos of Jamaica in youtube, they seem to have some decent stuff if you can find it! I've heard most of what they grow nowadays has been Amsterdam seeds but what the heck do I know? :p

Last edited:
Will B. Good,
Reactions: vapordab

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hi guys, I just traveled recently from LV to SD roundtrip. T'was no issue with my clean Solo, just as expected. :D

You should watch some of Remo's recent videos of Jamaica in youtube, they seem to have some decent stuff if you can find it! I've heard most of what they grow nowadays has been Amsterdam seeds but what the heck do I know? :p

You realize that you are responding to a post that's over five and a half years old, right?

Having said that, when I was a lad Jamaican was some of the best stuff you could get. Of course, those were the 60s...

Has anyone traveled with a Plenty? I'm guessing it would probably be best to keep it unused and keep a packet of legal herbs nearby. Any advice (I've read through all the posts but haven't seen any mention of this particular vape and it's peculiar appearance). Also I'm considering getting an Inhalator INH05 to use while at my destination (I'm figuring if anything i can just buy some spare capsules, leave the dirty there clean the device and travel with a new capsule in my checked baggage). What say you guys?

bajangreen,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I travelled via car with my Plenty for a year. I would get on a plane with it clean, but it may be harder to do so on the way home. I find all the pieces very easy to clean thoroughly except the curled whip... That might be a little tougher to get the grit out while on the road.

FlyingLow,
Thanks for the response...will look for something else to use there (definitely leaving my Mflb home for the trip) and bring back the plenty in a sealed box

bajangreen,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have not done it yet, but I would feel pretty comfortable with the Hammer and a stem, simply because a stock stem is so easy to clean (and are also cheap enough be ditched before the return trip home, if necessary).

Hammer itself is just a lighter. It is those stock stems that look like crack pipes and so damn incriminating... I bet one would have no trouble cleaning stem thoroughly and traveling with screens packed elsewhere.

I am really looking forward to the Ed's stem I have coming, but I would not feel comfortable flying with it for fear I could not or would not be able to thoroughly clean it.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
I recently flew from Oakland, CA to Flagstaff, AZ with my PNP DLX and chargers (AC and car). Yes I cleaned the crap out of everything and was very worried going through the puffer and/or full 360 scanners with herbs. Everything was packed in a 10" Ryot Axe case with 4 piece metal grinder, wooden pick, and wire bullet brush. I fully expected to get questioned with the 7-bullet case full of empty shells (looks like a revolver) and answer would have been "portable nebulizer for asthma". Though "Nose Hair Trimmers" might get enough gross reaction to have them promptly return it to ones bags. Having a CE stamp on the side of the PNP should help if questioned for Euro trips...

Well the trip was very successful and having a vape on a plane was not an issue (didn't use it on the plane!!!!). Not even a second scan on the X-Ray and strange glance from the TSA agents. I think even stinky, they would let the bugger pass...
-BB

trevorzamani

Do you guys bring a vape with you when flying? Obviously airport security is a bitch nowadays, many vapes could be mistaken for a bomb or something dubious. Making sure there's absolutely no residue is crucial as well. Glass vapes clean up well but are fragile. The PD seems like it might be a good candidate; durable, discrete, the tubes can be soaked in iso. I'm wondering about the unit itself; shouldn't be much buildup down the heat exchanger tube (think the top of the ceramic heater blocks anything from falling deeper into the unit)... could vacuum it out and swab with an iso soaked q-tip, though the crossbar would block that to some degree. Probably be fine 95% of the time but I'd be pissed if some jerk decided to break it open or pull a Pythias Brown. :|

Think marcuss brought his Vapolution to the NL.

Anyone?
Glass, alcohol and stainless steel. There are three parts that need to be easily accessed. Mouthpiece, chambers and air path. As far as you can easily access these with alcohol or a cleaning solution, you are good to go. I take my vaporizers everywhere i go except for Pax. It is relatively more difficult to clean. I just bought a new portable brand which is also very easy to clean but never had a chance to go to an airport with it yet.

trevorzamani,
Reactions: CarolKing

herbivore21

Ok, my turn for this one. 6 hour flight, middle of night, require meds for sleep. I have earlz at my disposal, I have an Omicron Lite and 3 Persei's (with SS tubes, and full size matte grey v4 tube). I have KISS globes and KISS carts, I don't wanna use ejuice at all if possible!

Country = Australia. Domestic flight.

Also, can I clean my solo (SS heater, not ceramic) to the point that it'll be safe on a plane?

herbivore21,

tepictoton

My own experience is that with little bottles of 'liquid' one can safely travel around... Friend has some Holy Anointing Oil (this stuff is amazing) he takes with him everywhere...little dropper bottle together with some e-liquid bottles and others with BHO...never once had to show it or anything...mind you, these are flights within Europe, not the states...

A spinner battery in my case and some new clean coils and you are good to go.

Solo when clean should not give problemd...just in case take the 'aroma therapy' bowl with you...

tepictoton,
Reactions: CarolKing

Crumpet

I opened up my older Solo once, and there was quite a lot of MJ debris inside the actual unit itself, so watch for that.

Caligula

Maximus
California to Hawaii and back. Dirty as fuck Solo/stems + about 7g of herb. Put the Solo in my check in luggage due to the batteries and everything else in my carry-on backpack (including my MMJ rec).

Went though both TSA and agriculture inspectors (who are actually looking for fruits and plants). My person went though metal detectors, my hands were swabbed for residue traces, and I got a full body scan.

No one gave a fuck. In fact the TSA stopped my bag in the xray. Heard one ask what something was. The other guy said "looks like a pipe". They then passed me on without a second glance.

Last edited:

Terpenoid

I've travled numerous times with paraphernalia and herbs/oils. These times were all in the past but post 911 and I've never had an issue. Well I did have my baggage lost once with a gram of nice amber oil. Sweated it out for the night and they delivered the bag right to my door the next day with the oil exactly where i left it.

Similar to Caligula I once witnessed a security guard stop my bag on the x-ray belt and question what my glass combustion pipe was. The other security guard said "oh that's nothing don't worry about it".

So I'm not suggesting that anyone be foolish if they attempt this, obviously be as cautious as you can(probably not a good idea in general). Just wanted to ad that it's not impossible, I've done it quite a few times(still nervous always). It seems to me that they are much more concerned with either large quantities, hard drugs, or weapons/explosives. An awful lot of people use Cannabis, maybe I've just had some friendly strangers turn a blind eye, I'm not too sure.

Also... This was dumb and a complete accident, but... A few years back I actually took a fat half joint roach in my sweater pocket from Canada through America and on a Caribbean cruise without realizing I even had it. Fuck I wish I knew it was there... Would have been great on the boat!

Hell, I even vaped some oil off of tinfoil with a lighter & straw like a junkie chasing the dragon in an airpot bathroom(snowstorm layover before pen vapes even existed). They can't catch everything and they have much more important things to look for IMO.

By the way this all happened years ago, I probably wouldn't do any of this anymore.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I've used one-hitters and smoked stealth joints while traveling in the past, and have had a couple of "close calls". But with vaping it's much easier to be low-key, especially now that the security focus has changed to accommodate the war on terror™. The dogs don't care anymore and neither do the cops*.

* That is unless you're in texas, or a bunch of other back-assward states and countries :zombie::bang:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I feel like hell after traditional smoking all this weekend while out of town...throat hurts and the amount of phlegm I have coughed up is horrific. While I never want to subject myself to that again, having to go without meds is a far scarier predicament.

I envy the folks that say they would rather abstain than combust. I wish I could, but nausea is a motherfucker, I hate throwing up, and I have worked too damn hard to gain weight.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
#TSATravelTip: #Ecig’s and #vaping devices ARE permitted in your carry-on and checked bags. Unless they look like a grenade…This #TSACatch is a grenade-shaped vaping device that was discovered in a carry-on bag at the #SaltLakeCity International Airport. If an item looks like a grenade, it is prohibited. When these items are discovered, they can cause significant delays while explosives detection professionals resolve the alarm. While E-Cigs and vaping devices are permitted in your checked and carry-on bags, using them at an airport or on an aircraft depends upon the airport, airline, and local laws.
http://instagram.com/p/qPfQndl9wH/?modal=true

Been Vapin,
Reactions: imasinner

Caligula

Maximus
Alaska told me ECigs are not permitted on their flights but that's just an airline policy. TSA shouldn't give a fuck. Just don't whip it out on the plane.

Caligula,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
"#TSATravelTip:
#Ecig’s and #vaping devices ARE permitted in your carry-on and checked bags....
dj6ZecD.jpg

"Unless they look like a grenade…"
:haw:

gotlucy

SO any help appreciated.

I am so, so concerned about flying international to Belgium with the vape (a Solo)-- I feel like it's going to be stolen or flagged- have known so many ppl flying domestic lately that had their luggage decimated. I mean, vitamins opened, baby food dumped (in the suitcase!!) etc. I KNOW i've had stuff stolen from checked bags before.

So i am worried about it still being there, and taking it international. I doubt that TSA will figure how to turn it on and prove it's not a terrorist device. where/how to pack? has anyone gone international with a traveler?
<3

IMO there is a massive difference between domestic and international travel. I flew international with a solo as well as domestically (not USA) without issue. I actually flew domestically with some super smelly dank as well. It was all in check in luggage and no problem.
IMO a fake pax is the perfect travel vape. Small and hard to identify and no big deal if it happens to be confiscated.

Can you give me some direction?? I have a solo, i am concerned about it arriving safely or at all. (to belgium area/ W euro) how did you pack? have you ever returned international w goods?

TSA has extremely been messing with ppl I think, as far as wrecking their luggage. Also stolen.

I want my Solo to come home w me of course too, but if I have to, I'll mail it home.

Last edited by a moderator:
gotlucy,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If more people used vaporizers it would be much more accepted in more places. Smoking a joint or a reg pipe is really smelly. I would like to see more vaporizers being sold at the different outlets, I'm still seeing a lot of combustion items in the shops. I hope in WA state I will see them being sold at rec cannabis shops.

Gotlucy, Just clean the vape the best you can and mail it to your new address or P.O Box. Use some bubble wrap and plastics bags filled with air. Several FCers wrap up their units to send them back to vendors if they have issue all the time.

Last edited:

gangababa

... I would like to see more vaporizers being sold at the different outlets, ... I hope in WA state I will see them being sold at rec cannabis shops.

I want to see vaporizer stores at the airport!

While not limited to the one choice, imagine rows of gorgeous (and excessive) Da Vinci Ascent packaging on shelves in the Macy's and malls of America.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've talked to some of the store clerks at the head shops and they don't seem to know that much about most of the vapes in the market. Anyway that's been the case in my area. When I do see them, I mostly see The Pax or a couple of older model plugins. I have seen the No. 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom