Vapes on eBay

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
what are you selling? post it here or in the sell your vape thread. this football season has been very good to me. ive been hitting all year long on my parlay cards. i plan on buying a log vape and another type of vape for when i have company.

mod note: From the rules page- No selling or soliciting items on the forum. Exception here, but read the thread rules. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453 Please read and abide by the rules, including staying on topic. This thread is for vapes on eBay only.

pinoy,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
ive seen vapes very cheap on ebay. i bought my 2010 iolite for $145 and my silver surfer for $160. both brand new and i love them both.

ive also seen the launchbox for 50 bucks. probably my next pick up.

gettin lifted,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Pappy said:

:lol: Unadulterated self promotion! So Timothy Leary introduced you to the computer eh?
Well, looks like if anyone would know about ebay, it might be you.

Back on subject, I've purchased vape equipment on ebay in the past, but have found that there are only a few of the sellers that are reputable. Some are storefronts for retailers, like Warehousegoods (actually Vapeworld) and can be purchased from safely. Other's, like myrubberneck, are just trying to make a fast buck and don't honor the warranties and sometimes, will offer incomplete set ups. It's best to take care and look into their past sales, or just stick to those who you know are reputable. And when purchasing from a seller that is not affiliated with a reputable dealer, know that it's a gamble. :2c:

momofthegoons,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ Guilty! :lol:

Back on topic, eBay is becoming a Mean Street as of late. I would have to have a specific reason to buy something on eBay. Unfortunately, I think their business model is very passe. Why would I buy on eBay when I can buy from Amazon?

Pappy,

nr-cole

Has anybody picked up one of the SSVs on Ebay that say they're coming from the manufacturer and are around a hundred bucks off? Do they include everything they say they do, have the 3-year warranty, etc.? What is the "blemish" they mention and does it hurt the quality or look of the vape significantly?

Looks like the holidays might bless me with the cash for a new toy and if I can save that much money and get a SSV then I'd be a helluva happy guy :D

nr-cole,

return2heaven

hey there, i bought myself one of those ssv's from 7th floor ebay store. it comes with the glass pick and temp knob, whip and some screens, as well as the 3 yr warranty. the only thing missing is the bag which you can pick up for an xtra 15 bucks. as for the blemish, it took me a good 30 minutes of thoroughly examining the vape to find a tiny scratch at the bottom near the baseplate. needless to say, im extremely happy/satisfied with the purchase and i totally recommend picking one up.

return2heaven,
Wow this seems like a great deal. Now I gotta decide if I want to cancel my PD order and get this instead. What is the efficiency sacrifice?

gunitand12,

return2heaven

lwien said:
^^ Quite a bit.

Lwien is right on that account, although it might be due to the fact that i love using the ssv so much!

for efficiency, i truly believe nothing will beat a log vape... but damn that ssv is the fucking bomb!!!

return2heaven,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
just curious to why you would say that the ssv isnt as good in efficiency as the pd? i realize that the bowl is much much larger in the ssv but the pd is stuck at 1 temp while you can start low on the ssv and slowly work your way closer to combustion then the pd is capable of.

i would think the ssv would be better at extraction but i dont know for sure since i dont have a log vape.

i know you only get a few good hits off a stem pack in the pd.

i can make .1g in my ssv last quite a while of vape bonging though and im always quite gone afterwards.

guess it all comes down to preference.

gettin lifted,

nr-cole

I think the PD's reputation for efficiency comes from the fact that one of those tiny little bowls can get you fairly high and the PD cooks them really well, thus you end up using less than with other vapes.

Personally, I've also considered the PD, but I really want to have something where I can progress through different temps. And maybe something I can use my Iolite's ABV with too.

nr-cole,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
nr-cole said:
I think the PD's reputation for efficiency comes from the fact that one of those tiny little bowls can get you fairly high and the PD cooks them really well, thus you end up using less than with other vapes.

Personally, I've also considered the PD, but I really want to have something where I can progress through different temps. And maybe something I can use my Iolite's ABV with too.

cant go wrong with the ssv then. i have the iolite and ssv and my iolite just sits in my drawer now.

its all ssv, all the time for me.

the only thing i wish i would have done differently was get the standard glass instead of the ground glass i got. it still works great but i would have prefered to have the standard so i could angle the airflow better but thats what stirring is for.

actually worked out to be a blessing since i now exclusively only vapebong with my ssv. its really nice to just stick it in the hole and be hands free and rip it up.

with the standard you can also get the hands free adapter which is fine but its seems pointless to me since i like to stir between every hit and pulling it off and putting it on sees like to much of a chore.

might order a standard heat cover and wand one day and try it out but im sure it would be much different then my ground glass.

also if you have any 14mm glass you dont even need an adaptor to vapebong. my 18inch beaker style perc bong is 14mm and the tubing fits snugly into the downstem of the bong. :D

gettin lifted,

gvape

My :2c:

If you want efficiency then go for the PD. You will not be disappointed in that department. As far as the SSV, if you are a user who likes to take thicker milkier hits then I would get that.

I own quite a few vapes and I love them all for their own reason. When looking at the PD vs the SSV what stands out most to me is do I want to get medicated right away which a huge hit or can I wait the 30 min warmup time/leave it plugged in and take smaller hits.

I do agree you can make some small bowls with the SSV, but to me its not the same. I use my PD as the daily driver for when Im at my desk. It pretty much never leaves that area and is used and it gets me sufficiently medicated throughout the whole day with a small amount. As far the SSV, I take that out only when I want to take some huge RIPS like hitting a bong. I do tend to crank it up a bit so that I can get those thicker hits but then again you can do that somewhat with a coozy on the PD.

Plus the look of a PD is just so sexy and so stealthy... You never have to worry about someone being like uhh whats that?

Hope that helps

gvape,

lwien

gettin lifted said:
just curious to why you would say that the ssv isnt as good in efficiency as the pd? i realize that the bowl is much much larger in the ssv but the pd is stuck at 1 temp while you can start low on the ssv and slowly work your way closer to combustion then the pd is capable of.

i would think the ssv would be better at extraction but i dont know for sure since i dont have a log vape.

i know you only get a few good hits off a stem pack in the pd.

i can make .1g in my ssv last quite a while of vape bonging though and im always quite gone afterwards.

guess it all comes down to preference.

All I can tell ya is that I use one fourth the amount in my PD than I did when I used my Buddha.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

gvape said:
Plus the look of a PD is just so sexy and so stealthy... You never have to worry about someone being like uhh whats that?

I remember when I had just got my PD, my dad came over to visit for a short while and was in my bedroom and looked at my desk, pointed to my PD and said "whats that?" Then I explained to him that it was a vaporizer, and that he should look into one, since he still smokes and has a bad tobacco addiction.

Nycdeisel,

jayweb91

SSV and ebay? (Merged)

i was just moments away from buying an extreme q off ebay when i emailed kj rockwise. I was told that buying an eq below map pricing on ebay would void my warentee. Since i did not have $300 to shell out to a vape i went with my next choice the DBV. Now i found a dbv for 160 shipped nib and im wondering if ill encounter the same problem with SSV. I like the fact that the seventh floor is located in the us and there warentee service is pretty easy to obtain.

heres the seller (will i still be coverd under warentee?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-DA-BUDDH...776?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230cbbb9e8

also i saw a video of a dbv in use and i was told that the whip locks in the heater with a turn to the right. Is this only on new models or does this work on all of them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjqHwvlAXE&feature=related ^^( see 2:40 to know what im talking about)

jayweb91,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
all dbv are ground glass and you just shove it in there and lightly twist it to hold it there. (same with any ground glass vape)

i got a little lost about the dbv and ssv talk. are you saying that you know for sure that they wont cover the warranty on the ssv so now youre wondering about dbv or what?

id contact 7th floor and see if they honor the warranty on units bought from a non registered seller and for that matter below list price.

goodluck

gettin lifted,

mmm

Which Ebay Seller Should I Use To Buy My MFLB? (Merged)

Hey FC,

My friend and I have decided to split the cost of an MFLB. We liked it because we need something stealthy, extremely portable and delivers good vapor, and many of the other vaporizers Ive seen cant match up to these specs. Now that Im ready to buy one, Ive decided that I want a deal that has at least extra batteries and preferably a grinder. Heres what Ive found so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Flight-La...993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51972cf949

* 2.25 4 pc Chromium Grinder
* 4 Batteries

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Flight-La...970?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c2bfd02a

* 3pc Steel Grinder
* 4 Batteries

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGIC-FLIGHT-LA...934?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56413a303e

* 3-Piece Steel Grinder
* 4 Batteries

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Flight-La...993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51972cf949

* 3 Piece AEROSPACED Acrylic Grinder
* 4 Batteries

Ive heard some not so good things about acrylic grinders and Ive also heard that grinders over 2pc wont cut it very well for the MFLB. Ive also heard that the seller for the first link is a well known and trusted seller from VapeWorld.

The final thing to take into consideration is that a few of these sellers offer Best Offer, which means I might be able to get the whole set for 80-85 depending on the seller. :2c:

Please tell me what you guys think I should do.

Thanks! :D

-Colin

mmm,

Snafu

use www.toolhaus.org and check the issues that each seller has had and see if after you still feel like buying from any of them :) i didnt look at any of the sellers but i noticed they all were under 100% positives so it is worth checking into what other peoples problems are before you decide to take the crap shoot on whether you are going to have those same problems or not :)

Snafu,
Top Bottom