1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Pipes, Nov 23, 2016.

1. danald2000

danald2000 Member

what is the difference between the car power adapter and any other 12v car power adapter? Thanks pipes!

2. Pipes

Pipes Addicted DIY Enthusiast Accessory Maker

It's the amps rating. Most adapters have very thin wire or that curly cord type stuff. These are designed for low current phone charging and such. We need to have 6-7 amps flowing. If you look closely at the picture I posted, you'll see the cord is more like lamp cord. In some cars the actual panel fuse for the accessory plug might have to upped to 8 amp if not already. I "think" most are 8 amp already from factory as is but might be 5 amp.
    I would have posted a link to them, but the source I got them from is dead and has no replacement. Searched, but had no luck for a decent price. I have around 40 left over from the Solo PA days, so lucked out for now. Take advantage while they are here.

banana_republic likes this.
  3. danald2000

danald2000 Member

Thanks so much pipes!

4. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

@Pipes your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me! I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we see a 2.0 with an amplifier or a light that triggers to sync with the click!

And as always Pipes, I appreciate having a place in line! I'm as addicted to your work as I am with @Ratchett's line of products!

Pipes and Ratchett like this.
  5. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Yesterday I received my coil from ebay with the charger and I putted them together without any switch yet

As Pipes already said it works nicely and it reminds me what was written about the vapman station I (some reported (IiRC) they experimented low temp vaping) meaning if you follow the click and you do not let it go back cold between hits, it is a session style with very slow temperature stepping and you get very flavourfull first cycles (great for sipping)

For huge clouds as we are used to with torch you must count some seconds after click and manually it can be tricky (combustion is a risk as it heats fast and click is already happened)

Very good feature is that induction is very very powerfull and effective!

Between hits I leave it on (around 5minutes maybe) and it takes really few seconds (2-3) to click it and a couple more to be at more consistent vapor production temp, so it is a continuous, near no wait, situation

That being said coil slowly accumulates heat and by the end of the session it is quite hot and I think this is not good, cant wait to try it with some pushing button

IMO this is the way for a @VapCap heating station even if it needs some tuning when using it natively, but at worst is just a matter of learning curve I guess

I am very glad @Pipes got into this with his ingenuity, knowledge, generosity, and open mind. I stand up and clap to you sir :clap: you are very precious person and a real asset for Fc. I am very gratefull to you! :bowdown:

The Beagle, Squiby, snamuh and 8 others like this.
  6. snamuh

snamuh ghost

Great! Not ready to go for this set, but it looks promising!

The 510 idea entices me as well!

Name? The VapCup?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    The Beagle and jimfish4130 like this.
  7. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Daily Roaster

I'm so ready for this. I would love to have a power mason instead of a torch for indoor use!

jimfish4130 and Pipes like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors