Underdog Log Vapes

havock69

underdog said:
havock69 said:
underdog said:
Another vape out the door this evening - the Stacked Beehive is leaving us for new owners in our old stomping ground of Culebra, Puerto Rico!

http://www.underdogvapes.com/files/cache/e635e207dac71906ba7a0af0f03ea752.jpg

My old stomping ground is not far from there. I grew up in yauco, Puerto Rico. Just a quick boat ride away.

That's awesome, small world huh?

I've passed through the Yauco area in my travels.. I actually spent several days just randomly exploring PR and driving the entire Ruta one time when the wife and I needed a 'vacation' from the hectic life of Culebra lol.

Beautiful islands and we miss living there terribly sometimes and definitely miss sitting at the Dinghy Dock in Culebra sipping a Medalla every day! :cool:

and maybe some pinchos and tostones to go with it :brow:

havock69,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've been going non stop lately and I think today after the chiropractic and work I'll finally have a chance to just sit down and medicate myself to the limit with this thing. I need that today.

Dave is there any marking at all on the car power supply? I seem to have lost mine like a jackass. Last night I realized I was using an energizer car adapter for something else. Seems to work, but I don't know if that is risking any harm to the Jester. The plug fits but not perfectly, and the temps seemed to be the same as the cable I was using, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the hell I put it! I can't imagine anywhere other than my car yet my car is spotless and it is nowhere to be found. God damn vapor ninjas strike again. I'll tear my room apart looking for it today because I'd much rather use the real adapter.

I can't wait to see the birthday vapes.

Oh and I have a suggestion for a nifty little accessory to sell if you like the idea. Stem corks. Just a piece of wood that fits into the end of the stem. This would allow you to pre-pack more than one stem so no packing in the car or for the truly lazy around the house. Really just an excuse to see some more exotic woods. Would anyone else find these useful or is it just a dumb idea?

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
darkrom said:
I've been going non stop lately and I think today after the chiropractic and work I'll finally have a chance to just sit down and medicate myself to the limit with this thing. I need that today.

Dave is there any marking at all on the car power supply? I seem to have lost mine like a jackass. Last night I realized I was using an energizer car adapter for something else. Seems to work, but I don't know if that is risking any harm to the Jester. The plug fits but not perfectly, and the temps seemed to be the same as the cable I was using, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the hell I put it! I can't imagine anywhere other than my car yet my car is spotless and it is nowhere to be found. God damn vapor ninjas strike again. I'll tear my room apart looking for it today because I'd much rather use the real adapter.

I can't wait to see the birthday vapes.

Oh and I have a suggestion for a nifty little accessory to sell if you like the idea. Stem corks. Just a piece of wood that fits into the end of the stem. This would allow you to pre-pack more than one stem so no packing in the car or for the truly lazy around the house. Really just an excuse to see some more exotic woods. Would anyone else find these useful or is it just a dumb idea?

Hey darkrom,

No there isn't any marking to speak of on the car power adapter other than the text "MPD" near the red LED on the end that plugs into the car. I've not seen very many other long coiled car power cords so it should be pretty easy to identify.

At any rate as long as the plug fits (is it tight or loose?) and it's just a 12v adapter (not one for something like a laptop) plug it should work fine.. and it sounds like the other one you have is working fine. You should be able to use the one you have while you search for your lost dog without risk of damage.

Oh and I like your idea on the stem-corks.. I'll have to work on that and see what I can come up with, thanks!

Sorry cluffy - a new variable power supply isn't on the top-secret R&D list right now.. :/

underdog,

cluffy

Vaker
LOL Dave, it was just a hunch. I'm thinking if one wanted a variable power supply one could find it on their own. ;)

cluffy,

underdog

Manufacturer
havock69 said:
underdog said:
havock69 said:
My old stomping ground is not far from there. I grew up in yauco, Puerto Rico. Just a quick boat ride away.

I've passed through the Yauco area in my travels.. I actually spent several days just randomly exploring PR and driving the entire Ruta one time when the wife and I needed a 'vacation' from the hectic life of Culebra lol.

Beautiful islands and we miss living there terribly sometimes and definitely miss sitting at the Dinghy Dock in Culebra sipping a Medalla every day! :cool:

mmmm pinchos! We used to go all the way (ok so it's not that far) to Flemenco Beach just to get pinchos from one particular stand out there haha. I'd settle for some tostones and churrasco at the DD though!

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
The b-day vapes are done being turned and testing will begin shortly.

For all of you waiting I should be able to get a group picture together this evening.

underdog,

gvape

Making me hungry!

Didnt realize I had people in anticipation of a review from me for the UD. Makes it that much better when I get it. I look forward to seeing how I can milk this bad boy.

underdog said:
The b-day vapes are done being turned and testing will begin shortly.

For all of you waiting I should be able to get a group picture together this evening.

ooooooooooooh!

I cant wait! Congrats on finishing them up Dave. Cant wait to see the group picture. Gonna be fun to see which one everybody gets.

gvape,

havock69

underdog said:
havock69 said:
underdog said:

mmmm pinchos! We used to go all the way (ok so it's not that far) to Flemenco Beach just to get pinchos from one particular stand out there haha. I'd settle for some tostones and churrasco at the DD though!

Best food in the world Haha

havock69,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I hope whoever got the tortuga is a member here! That was one I could certainly look at a few more pics of.

darkrom,

stroh

errl enthusiast
wow seems like a lot of people dug the tortuga.

dont worry everyone, it will be in safe hands ;)

stroh,

havock69

smartrott said:
Tortuga gone! The sidemount heatport intrigues me. Someone picked out a nice one.

How's the ud vs ez I've been dying to hear a comparison. I love the look of log vapes but never tried one.

havock69,

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright everyone.. it's been a long day in the shop and we still have a lot of testing to do but here is that b-day family photo I promised...

This family has a little of everything. There's some little dogs, big dogs, quiet dogs, barking dogs, a rattledog and maybe be a hotdog too if it hasn't already been eaten. There was even a couple runaway dogs!

b-dayfamily.JPG

Alright, delirious, going to bed.

underdog,
They're beautiful Underdog! The ones with the stripe of lighter wood through the middle remind me of neck-thru guitars.

You can count on me for a review.

charliedontsurf,

gvape

Oh great... Now the true wait begins. I have seen what Im getting and Im stoked! Cant wait for one of these bad boys to get here.

Looking forward to comparing it with the other vapes and giving my input on it. Its gonna be quite an excitement to see which dog ends up sharing my vapor. I can tell you now that whichever dog it is hes gonna be flying high up in the sky with me.

Keep up the great work Dave, and Thank you for making such beauties!

gvape,

los

stu id have to agree she is a beauty! im also really digging the 1st one on the left, first row....my 2 faves out of the bunch(just love the grain on them), they all look great overall though. the 2nd one from the right, last row is also intriguing.....reminds me of a pilon kind of(a mortar is what you call it in english, i think lol). im loving them! great work dave!

los,

smartrott

havock69 said:
smartrott said:
Tortuga gone! The sidemount heatport intrigues me. Someone picked out a nice one.

How's the ud vs ez I've been dying to hear a comparison. I love the look of log vapes but never tried one.

Did you mean 'RZ' instead of 'ez'? I'm assuming you did. I would highly recommend an underdog vape as well as a rockzap. IF you look at my sig, no crap. I may not have the biggest collection, but I feel like I have a damn good one. As far as comparing the UD to the RZ, that's a hard one for me. You can put more in the UD, at least the 3/8 core, that's for sure and it will blow your head off. However on the flip side of that, you can also put in a just a little bit and get great economy hits, as I like to call it. SOrry in rush, off to work.

smartrott,
Top Bottom