Underdog Log Vapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
I have been vaping the stem without unloading it too. Generally my ABV has always been very even without unloading it at all. One super secret tip I have for stirring it without unloading it is put your thumb over the bowl side (let it cool between hits) and just shake it around. If the stem isn't fully packed tight you can stir it up really well like this. Honestly most of the time I won't even bother though. Somehow it all vapes evenly every time for me.

I used it in the car today which is a bit tricky in my car. I have to leave the car RUNNING which is slightly over 12 volts to work. If I have the car on with the motor off the socket has no power. Bummer but that's my car to blame not the vape.

I'm enjoying the fox cartoons tonight with a side of underdog.

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
To you awesome Underdog peeps who've been helping us with our top-secret R&D programs we'd like to say thanks.. so, thanks!

Some of the hard work is starting to pay off and we have now added a new member to the Underdog pack. A new pack member who is a great all around guy and a glass blower and who now works for us. :D

So starting tomorrow our dreams are a reality and we will be offering glass-silicone fusion stems for our 3/8" cores with ones for our 1/4" cores following very soon. Like our vapes we will have a quality selection of ready to ship pieces to choose from on the site and also offer full custom work done in-house for all of you who want that special something to go with your Underdog.

Before we crawl off to our den for some well deserved and needed rest I will post a few teaser photos for your enjoyment. We will be adding pieces to the website tomorrow as time permits between knocking out a bunch more of the b-day vapes.

Simple elegant glass with small silicone 'micro-bowl'
glass-ex1.JPG

Two colorful pieces, one with 'micro-bowl' and one with regular Underdog stem
glass-ex2.JPG

Teaser selection of different Underdog glass stem tips
glass-ex3.JPG

More of the two colorful pieces
glass-ex4.JPG

Enjoy!

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
underdog said:
To you awesome Underdog peeps who've been helping us with our top-secret R&D programs we'd like to say thanks.. so, thanks!

Some of the hard work is starting to pay off and we have now added a new member to the Underdog pack. A new pack member who is a great all around guy and a glass blower and who now works for us. :D

So starting tomorrow our dreams are a reality and we will be offering glass-silicone fusion stems for our 3/8" cores with ones for our 1/4" cores following very soon. Like our vapes we will have a quality selection of ready to ship pieces to choose from on the site and also offer full custom work done in-house for all of you who want that special something to go with your Underdog.

Before we crawl off to our den for some well deserved and needed rest I will post a few teaser photos for your enjoyment. We will be adding pieces to the website tomorrow as time permits between knocking out a bunch more of the b-day vapes.

Simple elegant glass with small silicone 'micro-bowl'
http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/glass/glass-ex1.JPG

Two colorful pieces, one with 'micro-bowl' and one with regular Underdog stem
http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/glass/glass-ex2.JPG

Teaser selection of different Underdog glass stem tips
http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/glass/glass-ex3.JPG

More of the two colorful pieces
http://www.underdogvapes.com/images/glass/glass-ex4.JPG

Enjoy!
UD.. .:o!!!!
This is it.. this was the missing piece.. Now he just have to figure out a GONG stem for bong use :)..
I love the colors... I am totally inlove with those tubes.. Congrats to the new member of the dog pack..
This just added the complete classy looks of those vaporizing puppies :p..
For me those are a must have .. I hope there are some for my type of core too.. and i am eagerly waiting wondering if there is going to be a glass on glass solution for bong use.. Not that we can't figure out something.. but everyone will love to have that made specially for his dog by the underdogs :p..

Abysmal Vapor,
Very cool. US glass is always welcome!

Yeah, a Gong stem would be great especially with how awesome Stroh's Underdog worked with water. Also, I'm sure many people would pull the trigger on an Underdog if you could devise a 100% glass stem - no silicone, or if necessary just a silicone O ring or something like that.

Just thinking.

charliedontsurf,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks guys glad you like the new stems.

We'll continue to look at new ways to integrate them with our vapes but the plan for now (and always was) is to use a short 'micro-bowl' piece of silicone with the screen as the junction between the glass and the core. We like the silicone interface because it drastically increases suction and efficiency, allows for easy cleaning and multiple length removable tips and resists getting hot enough to burn you.

Anyways, more later.. :)

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Hey Dave

FANTASTIC glass stems. You should tell the glassblower about this site and see if he wants to register and post in this thread. I'm sure some people here have crazy requests or questions.

As soon as I get some finances settled I'll order one but it'll be at least 2 weeks before I can order one and review it. So many styles to choose from! Those look even better than I'd have imagined. They look like nice thick quality glass too. I'll have to resist drooling on my keyboard!

darkrom,

smartrott

Video of me using the 'king' underdog vaporizer with a glass bubbler. Sorry for the shitty video quality, really just a test to see if this link works or not. Yes, computers are not my strong point.
http://youtu.be/UaBzqMVMmV4

smartrott,

stroh

errl enthusiast
excellent looking stems indeed, it'll be great to be able to custom order a few to match your vape nicely. my vote is stay with the silicone, it has already proven itself to be extremely effective in terms of suction, user-friendliness, and durability.

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks for all the feedback guys..

For now the best way to work with our glass guy is either through me directly or through the 'contact us' feature of the website. This is the easiest way for me to keep track of what work is being done, for whom and to make sure things get built to our satisfaction for you guys.

Initially we will be adding the glass to the website the same as any of our other products and see how it grows and in what direction. Him and I will be doing a lot of glass related R&D to design and make quality glass pieces to carry the Underdog name.. these are very busy and exciting times and we thank you for your support which makes it all possible!

underdog,
anyone have any experience of a UD stem working on a rockzap 2? Maybe UD will send me both the 1/4 and 5/16 silicone. Are there two different size silicones stems?

biojuggernaut,

darkrom

Great Scott!
stroh said:
excellent looking stems indeed, it'll be great to be able to custom order a few to match your vape nicely. my vote is stay with the silicone, it has already proven itself to be extremely effective in terms of suction, user-friendliness, and durability.

That's the best part...we can have BOTH :)

Keep your silicone which I've grown to love, but have glass for when I'm feeling fancy or what not. Plus with the silicone on the bottom of the stems, we get the best of both worlds.

darkrom,

stroh

errl enthusiast
there are indeed two different sized stems, one for the 1/4" core and one for the 3/8".

and Darkrom, i didnt mean stick with silicone solely, i meant for the adapting piece for the glass stems :p it makes for perfect airflow IMO

stroh,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm open to whatever customization as long as the Underdog is the power plant behind it. I honestly don't like having to resort to one of my other vapes anymore. They are backup for the few times the underdog isn't ideal. I enjoy the underdog everywhere there is electricity at this point.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Dave do you plan on leaving a gallery of all of your sold vapes? I noticed you haven't removed any now and I think I like that. I like seeing all the others that are gone and the unique collection. It has the added bonus of making people realize they should get on these before they are gone for good.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
I'm open to whatever customization as long as the Underdog is the power plant behind it. I honestly don't like having to resort to one of my other vapes anymore. They are backup for the few times the underdog isn't ideal. I enjoy the underdog everywhere there is electricity at this point.

Dave do you plan on leaving a gallery of all of your sold vapes? I noticed you haven't removed any now and I think I like that. I like seeing all the others that are gone and the unique collection. It has the added bonus of making people realize they should get on these before they are gone for good.

Hey darkrom - yeah we plan on leaving all the sold pieces in the catalog, if there get to be so many sold ones that it becomes cluttered or confusing we'll make a separate gallery just for the sold ones but I think it'll be a while before we're at that point. My reasons are the same as the ones you mentioned.. plus it's helpful for people looking for ideas for custom pieces to get ideas, etc.

Our plan is to to the same for our glass as it gets added and sold.

And other yet-to-be-announced-top-secret-products... ;)

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Awesome news. I enjoy looking at everyone else's vapes as well as my own. It was a hard choice but I don't regret the Jester. I love this thing. Using it at 12.5v tonight maybe as high as 13. I need some extra medication tonight and the underdog has no problem delivering.

darkrom,

nr-cole

You would find a glass blower that makes the stems just as much a piece of art as the vapes themselves. This is fantastic stuff.

nr-cole,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Awesome news. I enjoy looking at everyone else's vapes as well as my own. It was a hard choice but I don't regret the Jester. I love this thing. Using it at 12.5v tonight maybe as high as 13. I need some extra medication tonight and the underdog has no problem delivering.

Yeah I enjoy looking at them all too, all brands and models not just mine.. :) maybe I should open a vaporizer museum.

I like to vape at 12.5 - 13 when I'm looking to get some good sleep.. :brow: you probably have a higher tolerance than me though.

underdog,

SirElton

I'm looking forward to my underdog and trying out the silicone tubing. The nylon stems of my MZ are good, not great.

Underdog, do you still ship vapes with variable power supplies? The ones from stroh's unboxing video looked like straight plug n play.

SirElton,

underdog

Manufacturer
SirElton said:
I'm looking forward to my underdog and trying out the silicone tubing. The nylon stems of my MZ are good, not great.

Underdog, do you still ship vapes with variable power supplies? The ones from stroh's unboxing video looked like straight plug n play.

I had a few left in inventory that I was getting rid of since deciding to stop offering them.. there were some safety concerns over the potential for them to accidentally be left on in a high-power state.

Now I'm only offering the standard 12v power supply, the car adapter and a lower power adapter for specialized oil diffusion use.

underdog,

SirElton

Right on, Dave. I think the variable would be too much of a hassle so I'm glad you are offering the standard 12v now.

SirElton,
Top Bottom