Underdog Log Vapes

stroh

errl enthusiast
underdog said:
SirElton said:
I'm looking forward to my underdog and trying out the silicone tubing. The nylon stems of my MZ are good, not great.

Underdog, do you still ship vapes with variable power supplies? The ones from stroh's unboxing video looked like straight plug n play.

I had a few left in inventory that I was getting rid of since deciding to stop offering them.. there were some safety concerns over the potential for them to accidentally be left on in a high-power state.

Now I'm only offering the standard 12v power supply, the car adapter and a lower power adapter for specialized oil diffusion use.

now THIS has me interested, so Underdogs are capable of vaping oils without a huge mess?

stroh,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
stroh said:
underdog said:
SirElton said:
I'm looking forward to my underdog and trying out the silicone tubing. The nylon stems of my MZ are good, not great.

Underdog, do you still ship vapes with variable power supplies? The ones from stroh's unboxing video looked like straight plug n play.

I had a few left in inventory that I was getting rid of since deciding to stop offering them.. there were some safety concerns over the potential for them to accidentally be left on in a high-power state.

Now I'm only offering the standard 12v power supply, the car adapter and a lower power adapter for specialized oil diffusion use.

now THIS has me interested, so Underdogs are capable of vaping oils without a huge mess?
I think it is about the aroma cup/top attachment..

Abysmal Vapor,

zymos

So my Madrone Burl came yesterday, and...wow...!
I have almost no experience with other vapes, and it wouldn't be fair to compare it to my MFLB.

I was amazed by the efficiency of this thing. Ground up a tiny budlet, not even very fine 'cause it wasn't 100% dry yet. I got 4 lung filling hits out of it!! The last one tasted pretty toasty, so I probably should have paid more attention to the material after the first 3. Totally exceeded my expectations.

Do these need any burn in time, Dave? Mine smelled kind of like flux, and I'm wondering if I should leave it on for a couple of hours.

I like the new glass stems-the silicon doesn't bother me, but it kind of ruins the aesthetics of such a pretty piece of wood. I'd LOVE to see a wood/silicone stem- even a thin wood jacket that just slipped over all but the last inch or 2 of the tubing. I may well pick up a glass one if I find one that looks like it matches- I hope they aren't all going to be bright swirly colors.
I also thought of an easy idea for the people who just don't like the sensation of lips to silicone: wood beads that fit the end of the tubing.

Anyway- this thing is great!!

zymos,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
stroh said:
underdog said:
lower power adapter for specialized oil diffusion use.

Sorry I guess I should have made it more clear, the lower voltage supply isn't for vaping oils it's just specifically using the aroma cup with oils.

zymos said:
So my Madrone Burl came yesterday, and...wow...!
I have almost no experience with other vapes, and it wouldn't be fair to compare it to my MFLB.

I was amazed by the efficiency of this thing. Ground up a tiny budlet, not even very fine 'cause it wasn't 100% dry yet. I got 4 lung filling hits out of it!! The last one tasted pretty toasty, so I probably should have paid more attention to the material after the first 3. Totally exceeded my expectations.

Do these need any burn in time, Dave? Mine smelled kind of like flux, and I'm wondering if I should leave it on for a couple of hours.

I like the new glass stems-the silicon doesn't bother me, but it kind of ruins the aesthetics of such a pretty piece of wood. I'd LOVE to see a wood/silicone stem- even a thin wood jacket that just slipped over all but the last inch or 2 of the tubing. I may well pick up a glass one if I find one that looks like it matches- I hope they aren't all going to be bright swirly colors.
I also thought of an easy idea for the people who just don't like the sensation of lips to silicone: wood beads that fit the end of the tubing.

Anyway- this thing is great!!

Great to hear the vape arrived and you are enjoying it. Welcome to the pack!

We clean and burn in the pieces here but maybe your could use a bit more of a burn in. I would do an hour and see what happens, then repeat if necessary. Sometimes there is a dab of stray oil or wax inside and it may take a little extra time for it to work it's way off. If you have issues or it doesn't resolve itself don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

I have some wood tipped stems in production, very similar to the glass ones just released. I expect they will be finished here pretty soon and you will definitely see them posted here when they are. We will also be offering plenty of non-colorful glass for those who are interested.

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Going on a mini hike today after work (only perk about too few hours) and I'm bringing the underdog along for the car ride there. I really need to look into battery packs for this thing. I more or less only use another vape if I absolutely HAVE to at this point. I really am addicted to my underdog. Nothing else seems to deliver the punch needed.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
turtles said:
Just out of curiosity is there and eta on bday Vapes?

I'm working on the last group of them today and have high hopes I will be able to finish them this evening. It that happens then I'll be testing them tomorrow and getting them ready to go. We are definitely on target for finishing this week!

We've been juggling the b-day vapes, the 2-3 custom pieces currently underway, the new glass stems and all our normal R&D and let me tell you it's been a challenge.. I think we're doing awesome though all things considered.

Abysmal's piece is pretty much done seasoning, the purple isn't going to get any more purple so we're about ready to continue on with it.

Alright back to work Underdog! :peace:

underdog,
underdog said:
turtles said:

I'm working on the last group of them today and have high hopes I will be able to finish them this evening. It that happens then I'll be testing them tomorrow and getting them ready to go. We are definitely on target for finishing this week!

We've been juggling the b-day vapes, the 2-3 custom pieces currently underway, the new glass stems and all our normal R&D and let me tell you it's been a challenge.. I think we're doing awesome though all things considered.

Abysmal's piece is pretty much done seasoning, the purple isn't going to get any more purple so we're about ready to continue on with it.

Can we have some teaser pics of the bday vapes please dave?

biojuggernaut,

underdog

Manufacturer
havock69 said:
underdog said:
Another vape out the door this evening - the Stacked Beehive is leaving us for new owners in our old stomping ground of Culebra, Puerto Rico!

http://www.underdogvapes.com/files/cache/e635e207dac71906ba7a0af0f03ea752.jpg

My old stomping ground is not far from there. I grew up in yauco, Puerto Rico. Just a quick boat ride away.

That's awesome, small world huh?

I've passed through the Yauco area in my travels.. I actually spent several days just randomly exploring PR and driving the entire Ruta one time when the wife and I needed a 'vacation' from the hectic life of Culebra lol.

Beautiful islands and we miss living there terribly sometimes and definitely miss sitting at the Dinghy Dock in Culebra sipping a Medalla every day! :cool:

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:

Dave's not here man... haha j/k

Yes, soon, very soon... I'm wrapping up the build phase today and getting them ready for testing. When I've got them all setup for testing I'll snap a 'family' pic for all of you who've waited so patiently... :)

underdog,

turtles

underdog said:
turtles said:

thanks for the update, I just want to be sure I keep an eye out for the box

turtles,
underdog said:
biojuggernaut said:

Yes, soon, very soon... I'm wrapping up the build phase today and getting them ready for testing. When I've got them all setup for testing I'll snap a 'family' pic for all of you who've waited so patiently... :)

Haha my bad UD, i hate when people fuck up my name as well. It won't happen again :p

biojuggernaut,

underdog

Manufacturer
turtles said:
underdog said:
turtles said:

thanks for the update, I just want to be sure I keep an eye out for the box

No worries, totally understandable.

I'll keep you updated and when the pieces ship everyone will also get an email with all the shipping info, tracking numbers, etc.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
underdog said:
biojuggernaut said:

Haha my bad UD, i hate when people fuck up my name as well. It won't happen again :p

Haha you didn't mess up my name man, I was just making a Cheech and Chong joke with the "Dave's not here man.." bit :lol:

underdog,

cluffy

Vaker
It's like waiting for Christmas for a Birthday vape, but Christmas is coming early this year...

Thanks for working so hard Dave. I've been working hard keeping out of the two little buds of white widow that I'm saving for the Birthday vape, I don't come across the good strains too often. I'm a home-growner but it's very good homegrown!

CHEERS! :peace:

cluffy,

stroh

errl enthusiast
excited to see the birthday family shot, im sure each vape will be unique and beautiful.

bummer about the variable power supply, is there any chance you'd be offering it again to those who ask specifically for it? I think the safety issue would be null if a person requests for one, as they must know the risks involved, and as darkrom mentioned, there are plenty of warnings in the instruction manual.

stroh,

cluffy

Vaker
biojuggernaut, check out post #307 (pg 13) of this thread. I believe that's the first Birthday vape to be born on the right.

cluffy,
stroh said:
excited to see the birthday family shot, im sure each vape will be unique and beautiful.

bummer about the variable power supply, is there any chance you'd be offering it again to those who ask specifically for it? I think the safety issue would be null if a person requests for one, as they must know the risks involved, and as darkrom mentioned, there are plenty of warnings in the instruction manual.

Good question. Are you just trying to get rid of all the variable power supplies? Could we request one of them instead of the 12v permanent one?

I just ask because... well, why wouldn't you want the option of higher or lower voltages? You can always set it to 12 when you like and go higher or lower when you feel like it. A higher voltage would be useful for concentrates, for instance.

charliedontsurf,

los

i asked dave earlier and from what i gathered he doesnt have many if any left. he did tell me that he would tell me where to get one if i wanted one. I understand where dave is coming from in not offering this option, its a liability thing imo. one thing less to worry about and i can dig that....with that said i will be getting one in the future :brow:

los,

underdog

Manufacturer
Re: Variable Power Supplies

Since some of you have asked about the variable power supplies I'll just answer here in the thread instead of sending individual messages. If you have questions that I don't answer here feel free to email me.

I've decided to no longer offer the variable power supplies for sale on the website for several reasons:

> The first reason is concern over the potential safety hazards of one being left on at a 12v+ setting and forgotten. At this point I'm not comfortable with that risk any longer.

> The second reason is economics. The variable power supplies are a considerable expense for me to stock. I have to buy them in lots of 20+ to get a price break that enables me to sell them at a reasonable price and I make very little money back on that investment. That investment could be better spent on other things like our new custom glassware.

> The third reason is I'm not completely satisfied with the supplies. I would prefer a supply that had an auto-off feature, an ammeter to display how much power your device is using and a smaller footprint. I don't like having to pay as much as I do for something that lacks those features.

So, it just makes sense all around for me to stop offering the supplies.

Any of you who are interested in using them can easily get them on eBay, Amazon or many other online places and I will continue to offer the custom cables for connecting them to the vaporizers on the website for your convenience.

If you are shopping for a variable supply and have questions on the subject I will be happy to help answer your questions via email or private message at any time so please just ask.

Thanks!
UD

underdog,

cluffy

Vaker
Not for nothin' but Dave, but could the variable power supply you would prefer be one of the top secret projects you mentioned earlier?? :brow:

cluffy,

gvape

Cant wait! Another new vape to play with... All these presents to myself have been quite a bit of fun.

I really am excited to compare this to the other logs I got. Also love to see how the silicone preforms as a mouthpiece and bowl.

gvape,
Top Bottom