Underdog Log Vapes

SmDeox

LONG time lurker.... I've been saving my pennies that didn't go towards tuition for awhile now... excited to be joining you guys soon! Just have to work a few more details out and work one more shift. :)

Almost pulled the trigger on a few enano deals... but the battery+excellent customer service swayed me over! Should be a nice upgrade over my current daily driver. (Vapcap) :D

Last edited:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
LONG time lurker.... I've been saving my pennies that didn't go towards tuition for awhile now... excited to be joining you guys soon! Just have to work a few more details out and work one more shift. :)

Almost pulled the trigger on a few enano deals... but the battery+excellent customer service swayed me over! Should be a nice upgrade over my current daily driver. (Vapcap) :D

*battery option available- sold separately from third parties

Just wanted to make sure you weren't expecting a battery with your UD! UD's are still plug-in vapes, but because they're 12v, you can use accessories like battery packs and car chargers.

:)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
*battery option available- sold separately from third parties

Just wanted to make sure you weren't expecting a battery with your UD! UD's are still plug-in vapes, but because they're 12v, you can use accessories like battery packs and car chargers.

:)
My Custom Battery Powered Voltage Keeper & Underdog Duo!
gsVuOKT.jpg

Last edited:

SmDeox

Yeah unfortunately if you want a VK you have to get it second hand, and they do pop up in the classifieds from time to time. Good thing is, there are plenty of other, cheaper, battery options available.

Point me in the right direction :p

SmDeox,
Reactions: Madcap79

shredder

Thanks for your post :-) Only wanted to illustrate with emphasis the beauty and go-anywhere versatility of the Underdog... LOVE MY DOGS!!!

Don't feel bad, I wish I had one as well, especially seeing as I've already paid for one, lol.

This situation does however leave the door wide open for another, more reliable, small company to come in and start a business. One door shuts, another opens and all that rot, lol.

For now anyway I use the little vvps underdog used to sell and still links on their vvps page. It works great. I have it at 10.4 for quick day time rips here and there through water with a Nong, and then hit the boost button for rosin hits in the titanium stems. (tong?)

I believe these little digital vvps units, that i use, are still readily available on eBay and such. And there's the lab and tattoo style vvps available on amazon, among others. But ya, a custom jobbie would rock.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Don't feel bad, I wish I had one as well, especially seeing as I've already paid for one, lol.

This situation does however leave the door wide open for another, more reliable, small company to come in and start a business. One door shuts, another opens and all that rot, lol.

For now anyway I use the little vvps underdog used to sell and still links on their vvps page. It works great. I have it at 10.4 for quick day time rips here and there through water with a Nong, and then hit the boost button for rosin hits in the titanium stems. (tong?)

I believe these little digital vvps units, that i use, are still readily available on eBay and such. And there's the lab and tattoo style vvps available on amazon, among others. But ya, a custom jobbie would rock.

Oh wow, hadn't realized it'd gotten so bad with the VK.. thanks for the heads up, we'll stop referring people that way. :o :doh:

Sucks that you're out the cash too, that's one reason we've never been a fan of taking payment before something is ready to ship!

Same old same old around here.. finishing up some customs, shipping orders by the boatload, getting ready for New Years. :peace:

shredder

Oh wow, hadn't realized it'd gotten so bad with the VK.. thanks for the heads up, we'll stop referring people that way. :o :doh:

Sucks that you're out the cash too, that's one reason we've never been a fan of taking payment before something is ready to ship!

Same old same old around here.. finishing up some customs, shipping orders by the boatload, getting ready for New Years. :peace:

This is just another reminder of the importance of customer service. Something your fine company excels at.

Without being too much of a UD fan boy, customer service, and reviews are something I always look at.

Up to vk' s apparent alien abduction the reviews were good. Damn aliens! @#$_&

SmDeox

Is there specific battery packs you all recommend? The one Snappo posted looked fantastic...but sounds like the owner ran into some difficulties. :p

Also +1 on the CS side. Emails responded to in a day, pm's within a few hours.... DAMN excited to get my UD... well excited to get my first desktop in general!

damm

Just remove VK from you site completely. There is still a site up but it's not taking money anymore you have to email him to order.

Don't ever expect a response.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, since a few of you have asked, yeah we'll being doing our typical year-end-cleaning and as usual will be selling off a bunch of stuff we no long have a need for...

Stuff like proto-Dogs, shop samples, power supplies, tools, etc. Also a bunch more stem 2nds. Not sure exactly when yet since it's just when we get to it but probably in the 2nd/3rd week of Jan. I'm a big fan of anything that reduces the amount of stuff I have to count for inventory and/or anything that frees up some storage space around here. Will keep you all posted.

Is there specific battery packs you all recommend? The one Snappo posted looked fantastic...but sounds like the owner ran into some difficulties. :p

Also +1 on the CS side. Emails responded to in a day, pm's within a few hours.... DAMN excited to get my UD... well excited to get my first desktop in general!

Battery packs are hit and miss, sometimes there are a bunch on the market and sometimes almost none, it's really weird. They also tend to come and go as far as make/model so it's hard to recommend a specific one.

Here's a 5x 18650 model with .5v adjustments (batteries not included)

Here's a 8x 18650 model (can't tell if just variable fixed voltages or truly variable) (batteries not included)

It's also possible to use a fixed voltage battery combined with one of our LED Dimmers, some people do this because it can be cheaper. This will work best with a Dog that runs hot so a 12v battery has enough power to drive it, otherwise you'd need to find a battery pack with >12v output which complicates things.

Maybe other people can provide some links too if they have them. We don't always have time to keep current on what's on/off the market, etc. :2c:

Just remove VK from you site completely. There is still a site up but it's not taking money anymore you have to email him to order.

Don't ever expect a response.

Yeah we've already removed any links/references to them from our site so we should be good. If anyone sees something we missed please let us know. :worms:

underdog

Manufacturer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Adjust-...707495?hash=item27ea6c8ea7:g:d6IAAOSwEK9T~aR9

What about something like this? It seems there are a bunch of Chinese options for under $10... is there specific things to look for?

That one might work if: the output isn't limited to .6A (at 12v) like the text might indicate (hard to tell) and used with a hot running Dog that doesn't need more than 12v.

If you plan on combing with an LED Dimmer you just need something that holds 4+ batteries (18650), has an output that's hot enough (or hotter, ie 12v+) than the Dog requires (since you'll only be able to adjust down with the dimmer) and an output cable that has a 5.5mm x 2.1mm connector.

Without combing with an LED dimmer you'd want (in addition to the above) one that has adjustable voltage (usually in .5v increments).

shredder

I have the five 18650 battery pack underdog linked above. It works great and holds a charge for a long long time.

It's adjustable in .5V increments from 5-13V DC.

And remember, you need batteries. I bought Panasonic batts, with the battery pack off amazon. I think together it was $54.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I've been eyeing these for what seems like forever. But finally decided to jump on the wagon! Honey locust aircore for me. I can't wait to test it out!

What stems did you order with it? You are sure to be happy with your purchase. They are so reliably consistent & just plain work. Also running it on 12V means you have plenty of power supply options from batteries to lab power supply's & everything in between.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs,

Hope you all had a good NYE last night.. we celebrated like it was, well, 1999 of course.

Just wanted to drop by and say Happy New Year to you all and thank all you awesome FC members (and staff) for the 5+ years of support, loyalty and friendship. You've all been an important part of our growth and our journey to where we are today and we appreciate it so so much. Looking back I'm proud of how far we've come and looking forward I'm excited for things yet to come.

We plan on 2017 being an exciting year that will see us revise existing products (The Standard and Air Cores) and tweak the fun Micro design a bit for better longevity and increased performance. We're also planning on introducing a brand new model in the Dog lineup. Exciting times!

Enough for now though, today is a day of relaxation and reflection. :peace:

Top Bottom