• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
OK, now I'm excited. Looking forward to hearing more about these developments!

I know I've been talking about revising the Standard for a year or two and hinting at being close here recently and also talking about some other projects.. I'll keep you all updated and give you some more info soon. :tup:

:rockon:

Just got an excellent deal on a Chinese Pistache Lost Dog with Standard Core; can't wait to try it out!

Nice choice and happy to see someone giving that Lost Dog a good home! :cool:

ZC

Had a MINOR issue with my micro last night.

SS lite stems fit kinda tightly in my dogs. Takes a bit of force to remove them. Well, removing the stem this time disloged the heater core!

Thing was totally loose. Luckily it's an easy fix. Pushing at the retaining ring at the bottom of the vape in a few places lodged it back into place, good as new.

Tried to do the same thing with my other logs, they all stayed perfectly fine, but the micro having a smaller diameter plate must take away from a bit of stability. I'm just gonna use my regular SS stems with the micro now, which don't have this issue.

SmDeox

Sweet dog came in! I would do a full review and post pictures but I'm at a solid 7. :shrug:

I'll put something up tomorrow. UD/Udette threw in some cool extra's and it was just a pleasure doing business with them. Next order: Beeswax to add to the oils I want to try out. Forgot to put it in my cart when I ordered.

underdog

Manufacturer
Had a MINOR issue with my micro last night.

SS lite stems fit kinda tightly in my dogs. Takes a bit of force to remove them. Well, removing the stem this time disloged the heater core!

Thing was totally loose. Luckily it's an easy fix. Pushing at the retaining ring at the bottom of the vape in a few places lodged it back into place, good as new.

Tried to do the same thing with my other logs, they all stayed perfectly fine, but the micro having a smaller diameter plate must take away from a bit of stability. I'm just gonna use my regular SS stems with the micro now, which don't have this issue.

Oops, damn, yeah the SS Lite stems aren't really compatible (they're a hair too large) for (most of) the Minis, Micros (besides the 'tall Micros'), EconoDogs and older (original) Air Cores. They're basically only really able to cleanly fit in our latest gen cores.

Sorry for not thinking to let you guys know but glad you were able to get everything squared away!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Finally ordered my microdog I've had waiting at the shelter today. :)

Also grabbed another wood stem. I really like my olive one, and only use the NonG and GonG for jhook or water filtration now.

At first the olive stem smelled and tasted pretty strongly (exactly like black olives. brought back some childhood memories at family gatherings... would always be a big dish of olives) but it's mellowed out with time and use.

I grabbed some cedarwood essential oil and have a few misc ones laying around that I've been using. Interested in trying combinations and seeing if there is any noticeable effects from them. I did want to ask two things that weren't addressed in the video re:aromatherapy.

Oxidization of the oils is fine correct? No need to worry about health benefits turning into health risks after the oil has oxidized and turned blue in the cup?

and

There's no need for a carrier oil? I've been using just a few drops of oil and no carrier but figured I'd check to make sure I'm doing things right.

Thanks!

I've only had my dog for a short while, but I'm excited for what's to come and am grateful I get to experience and use all these wonderfully engineered creations that are available.

also, @underdog , looking through your library it seems like you're into first-person shooters. I was planning on picking up BattlefieldOne soon. That would be a fun team game to play, and would have plenty of room for other people to hop in!

underdog

Manufacturer
Sweet dog came in! I would do a full review and post pictures but I'm at a solid 7. :shrug:

I'll put something up tomorrow. UD/Udette threw in some cool extra's and it was just a pleasure doing business with them. Next order: Beeswax to add to the oils I want to try out. Forgot to put it in my cart when I ordered.

Awesome, looking forward to hearing about your first adventures with your Dog! :cool:

Finally ordered my microdog I've had waiting at the shelter today. :)

Also grabbed another wood stem. I really like my olive one, and only use the NonG and GonG for jhook or water filtration now.

At first the olive stem smelled and tasted pretty strongly (exactly like black olives. brought back some childhood memories at family gatherings... would always be a big dish of olives) but it's mellowed out with time and use.

I grabbed some cedarwood essential oil and have a few misc ones laying around that I've been using. Interested in trying combinations and seeing if there is any noticeable effects from them. I did want to ask two things that weren't addressed in the video re:aromatherapy.

Oxidization of the oils is fine correct? No need to worry about health benefits turning into health risks after the oil has oxidized and turned blue in the cup?

and

There's no need for a carrier oil? I've been using just a few drops of oil and no carrier but figured I'd check to make sure I'm doing things right.

Thanks!

I've only had my dog for a short while, but I'm excited for what's to come and am grateful I get to experience and use all these wonderfully engineered creations that are available.

also, @underdog , looking through your library it seems like you're into first-person shooters. I was planning on picking up BattlefieldOne soon. That would be a fun team game to play, and would have plenty of room for other people to hop in!

Sweet! Hope you enjoy the Micro.. they're fun. :cool:

Funny, the olive stems are one of the few that I can't really taste anything with. I might be desensitized to the smell/taste though since I've milled and turned so much of it over the years.

I haven't heard of or had any problems with oxidization of the oils. My only concern with oils is when it comes to synthetic ones which have who knows what chemicals but we only buy quality, real natural oils so no worry there either.

No need for a carrier oil though I do like to use wax in the cup with the oils. That way when you take it off the heat it solidifies and stores easily without the spill potential. It also makes the fragrance last a lot longer. :2c:

Re: Games - BF1 had me pretty frustrated. I can reinstall though and maybe it'd be more fun with peeps I know. I've also got GTA5 and was thinking about picking up Rocket League. No matter what we do I'm sure it'll be fun!

HalfBee

Half Buzzed
A HalfBee's worth of vaped bud - color sample - compared to unvaped

dogdroppings-jpg.3864774

The long gong doesn't fit, it's too tight to go over core without force.
It's the one I don't use, so is not a problem. The shorty gong and nylon stems my preference anyway.

TeeJay1952

@underdog Long time, lover and promoter (Here comes the but as always) I have constant dog array and over and over again the electronic acrudemont fails. Sure we should not play twister and hold dog but I have had multiple failures. The biggest pain is finding out where today's break is. Power plug, dial addon, and extension cord have all failed and replaced several times. I always dry bong and so flip unit about. We are often 3 so passing across necessary. Any suggestion other than "Buy the 10 pack"?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Awesome, looking forward to hearing about your first adventures with your Dog! :cool:

Sweet! Hope you enjoy the Micro.. they're fun. :cool:

Funny, the olive stems are one of the few that I can't really taste anything with. I might be desensitized to the smell/taste though since I've milled and turned so much of it over the years.

I haven't heard of or had any problems with oxidization of the oils. My only concern with oils is when it comes to synthetic ones which have who knows what chemicals but we only buy quality, real natural oils so no worry there either.

No need for a carrier oil though I do like to use wax in the cup with the oils. That way when you take it off the heat it solidifies and stores easily without the spill potential. It also makes the fragrance last a lot longer. :2c:

Re: Games - BF1 had me pretty frustrated. I can reinstall though and maybe it'd be more fun with peeps I know. I've also got GTA5 and was thinking about picking up Rocket League. No matter what we do I'm sure it'll be fun!

Sweet deal, thanks for the info.

The taste in the olive is pretty muted now, and it wasn't super strong to begin with - the scent was significantly stronger (not that that's a bad thing!)

I won't bother with carrier oils as it'd be just another thing to buy etc but figured I'd ask.

I'll probably play some Rocket League tonight after work. For $20 it's pretty sweet, it gets updated regularly and the devs are really active on reddit and listen to the fanbase. I can't make my way out of the beginner ranks in solo standard, so maybe with another person (or 2) we could actually get somewhere!

underdog

Manufacturer

dogdroppings-jpg.3864774

It's the one I don't use, so is not a problem. The shorty gong and nylon stems my preference anyway.

Sorry about that (the GonG), we usually test each and every one for fit but we must have missed one somehow. @underdogette will send you a new one (or a shorty if you prefer those). :tup:

@underdog Long time, lover and promoter (Here comes the but as always) I have constant dog array and over and over again the electronic acrudemont fails. Sure we should not play twister and hold dog but I have had multiple failures. The biggest pain is finding out where today's break is. Power plug, dial addon, and extension cord have all failed and replaced several times. I always dry bong and so flip unit about. We are often 3 so passing across necessary. Any suggestion other than "Buy the 10 pack"?

That's a tough one but you're definitely right when a failure occurs it's almost always in the power supply side of things.. usually the cords. We buy the best 'brand name' power supplies and cords we can but they're still thin and fairly fragile. You might try one of our alternative heavy duty extensions if that part is failing on you.

Sweet deal, thanks for the info.

The taste in the olive is pretty muted now, and it wasn't super strong to begin with - the scent was significantly stronger (not that that's a bad thing!)

I won't bother with carrier oils as it'd be just another thing to buy etc but figured I'd ask.

I'll probably play some Rocket League tonight after work. For $20 it's pretty sweet, it gets updated regularly and the devs are really active on reddit and listen to the fanbase. I can't make my way out of the beginner ranks in solo standard, so maybe with another person (or 2) we could actually get somewhere!

Cool I'll see about picking up Rocket League so maybe we can play. It looks like the kind of game I'd be horrible at, can't wait! lol

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Just ordered the TPN023 tattoo power supply. Will get around to ordering the mono plug. So I do intend to go to higher temps with my Underdog. It is a standard core.

Is there anything anybody might want to add as far as using these as a power source? I don't want to goof or would like any feedback on this model. TX

underdog

Manufacturer
Just ordered the TPN023 tattoo power supply. Will get around to ordering the mono plug. So I do intend to go to higher temps with my Underdog. It is a standard core.

Is there anything anybody might want to add as far as using these as a power source? I don't want to goof or would like any feedback on this model. TX

Not much to add with those other than maybe treat them 'gently' since they're fairly easy to burn out. Basically just don't leave it turned up to a higher voltage for a long period of time otherwise those power supplies tend to overheat. :2c:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Just ordered the TPN023 tattoo power supply.

I know I went through a few of these and didn't have very good luck. After a bit of use (using 'em in the evenings for a couple hours for a few weeks they all stopped maintaining voltage and the display would be jumping all over the place except... never on the voltage I set.

Could just be my dumb luck as I remember others here sayin' theirs work fine.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

underdog

Manufacturer
I know I went through a few of these and didn't have very good luck. After a bit of use (using 'em in the evenings for a couple hours for a few weeks they all stopped maintaining voltage and the display would be jumping all over the place except... never on the voltage I set.

Yeah it's hit and miss.. the symptoms you described are what happens when the integrated circuit inside is unstable from overheating and then once they're tweaked like that they're done. A bummer too because with just a tiny bit of fucks given (in the form of QA inspection) or another 50 cents invested (in better cooling or heavier duty components) the little things would be great. I find it all pretty maddening.

@muunch - I can't send you a message (FC setting?) but I'm down for some Rocket League just send me a Steam message and if I'm still around we'll play.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Thanks, I bought from a US seller, worst case. Actually used Ebay bucks, So I'm only out for the cost of the cord. :D There is a luck of the draw when buying anything electronic/electric from China. Some people will roll the dice and chance on things like 4k monitors.

Yeah it's hit and miss.. the symptoms you described are what happens when the integrated circuit inside is unstable from overheating and then once they're tweaked like that they're done. A bummer too because with just a tiny bit of fucks given (in the form of QA inspection) or another 50 cents invested (in better cooling or heavier duty components) the little things would be great. I find it all pretty maddening.

@muunch - I can't send you a message (FC setting?) but I'm down for some Rocket League just send me a Steam message and if I'm still around we'll play.
Too true. :nod:I also know they are not designed to be on for any long period of time, best case. Overheating and cheap components are a consideration and I have a cooling solution for the unit. Possibly a PC fan arrangement. But if they skimped on a 2 cent part, then it won't go directly to the scrap heap.

If the parts crap out, I can still use the body with perhaps better internals, I figure. But going for any ounce of prevention with it while it is new. My biggest concern is the UD taking damage. Just want it at peak temp for two to four SS packs and then power down the VVPS. Like say 12.5 v - 13v for a short duration. Might even have a shutoff timer, if I get on with the UD enough.

Anything to say about the VVPS cord that is offered on UD site? it is 6 foot long and I bought a single plug unit with out the separate foot pedal plug in.

SmDeox

Coming in hot with an initial review! I've used it with a direct draw glass stem and a stainless so far and it's working beautifully. Going to try out the Nong+nylon over the weekend. I've already used all the product I brought home for break so can't use anything else for a few days. :shrug:

It hits very very well. Heat up time from cold is something I haven't measured, but from 3.8 which is what I run my aromatherapy on, it is a few minutes... no more than 5. That's using it with a dimmer to the max which is 11.9. I need to spend more time with it to measure efficiency, but I'm assuming it's going to be outstanding. As said here previously, I think it would be amazing through glass.... UD/UDette sent me a nifty little piece I will try out over the weekend. BIG shout out to them since it will be a few months until I can get my hands on a decent piece. :bowdown:

Since we're on that topic, what do you folks recommend? D020, 187?:science:

This is a very initial review. One thing I was pleasantly surprised about is that it carries very little odor. I let the stem cool then store it in a little container and pop my aromatherapy dish back in and the room I just vaped in will fine in 5 minutes. I'll be able to test out more things after a few weeks of consistent usage and be happy to report back. So far though, extremely satisfied. :tup:

Image_1.jpg

Last edited:

Scott A

I just opened up mine for shits and giggles after reading this post. Sure looks like it could use having a heat sink on the buck regulator but it does look like they are using parts that should be rated well within the ranges acceptable but some of the parts are coming from companies ive never heard of and cant find much info on so the data sheets could be a crap shoot. The frustrating thing is just looking at the build quality and the places where they are barely even getting solder connections on freaking through hole parts.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Maybe it's just because I'm at my desk a majority of the time I'm home, but even after my puppy love phase, I still use my dog more relative to my other devices.

I like small amounts of water to preserve flavor, so this isn't the setup if you're looking for massive lung buster rips, but... I'd hop on this while it's still on sale...

http://lotusvaporizer.com/mini-bubbler/

That, paired with the jhook underdog sells. Pretty sweet for <$30 total, and no waiting on shipping from China.

Mine will be arriving soon and will post pics. I currently use a mini d020 which is nice and small too. I don't think you can go wrong with the tried and true d020-d but I would rather have the slightly harsher but more flavorful hits from a small piece with low amounts of diffusion.
I was using a massive bombtower knockoff before, which my 'dog still whitewalled... THOSE were pretty big hits but still, I'd rather have the flavor.

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks, I bought from a US seller, worst case. Actually used Ebay bucks, So I'm only out for the cost of the cord. :D There is a luck of the draw when buying anything electronic/electric from China. Some people will roll the dice and chance on things like 4k monitors.

Too true. :nod:I also know they are not designed to be on for any long period of time, best case. Overheating and cheap components are a consideration and I have a cooling solution for the unit. Possibly a PC fan arrangement. But if they skimped on a 2 cent part, then it won't go directly to the scrap heap.

If the parts crap out, I can still use the body with perhaps better internals, I figure. But going for any ounce of prevention with it while it is new. My biggest concern is the UD taking damage. Just want it at peak temp for two to four SS packs and then power down the VVPS. Like say 12.5 v - 13v for a short duration. Might even have a shutoff timer, if I get on with the UD enough.

Anything to say about the VVPS cord that is offered on UD site? it is 6 foot long and I bought a single plug unit with out the separate foot pedal plug in.

Yeah if you can do something to help keep it cool it'll probably have a much better lifespan (assuming it's not a lemon). I had one last me a couple years of regular use but I drilled a few holes in the top and sides and attached a small CPU fan to the top lol.

RE: the VVPS cord - Did you want to know something specific?

The Voltage Keeper

Last update about VK if anyone is curious.

Thanks for the update man. Glad to hear he's getting things taken care of.

Coming in hot with an initial review! I've used it with a direct draw glass stem and a stainless so far and it's working beautifully. Going to try out the Nong+nylon over the weekend. I've already used all the product I brought home for break so can't use anything else for a few days. :shrug:

It hits very very well. Heat up time from cold is something I haven't measured, but from 3.8 which is what I run my aromatherapy on, it is a few minutes... no more than 5. That's using it with a dimmer to the max which is 11.9. I need to spend more time with it to measure efficiency, but I'm assuming it's going to be outstanding. As said here previously, I think it would be amazing through glass.... UD/UDette sent me a nifty little piece I will try out over the weekend. BIG shout out to them since it will be a few months until I can get my hands on a decent piece. :bowdown:

This is a very initial review. One thing I was pleasantly surprised about is that it carries very little odor. I let the stem cool then store it in a little container and pop my aromatherapy dish back in and the room I just vaped in will fine in 5 minutes. I'll be able to test out more things after a few weeks of consistent usage and be happy to report back. So far though, extremely satisfied. :tup:

Image_1.jpg

Awesome dude glad to hear you're enjoying it so far! Regarding glass I think the D020 piece is one of the most popular and best value pieces out there.

Maybe it's just because I'm at my desk a majority of the time I'm home, but even after my puppy love phase, I still use my dog more relative to my other devices.

I like small amounts of water to preserve flavor, so this isn't the setup if you're looking for massive lung buster rips, but... I'd hop on this while it's still on sale...

http://lotusvaporizer.com/mini-bubbler/

That, paired with the jhook underdog sells. Pretty sweet for <$30 total, and no waiting on shipping from China.

Mine will be arriving soon and will post pics. I currently use a mini d020 which is nice and small too. I don't think you can go wrong with the tried and true d020-d but I would rather have the slightly harsher but more flavorful hits from a small piece with low amounts of diffusion.
I was using a massive bombtower knockoff before, which my 'dog still whitewalled... THOSE were pretty big hits but still, I'd rather have the flavor.

Cool stuff thank for the link, I like the look of that combo. :tup:

formicae

The D020-D is super popular, sunshinestore is the seller you want. I gave mine to my girlfriend and got myself a Matrix Sidecar since I wanted a 14mm piece (I have two 14mm NonGs) and I like the neck off to the left, feels really natural to hold it in your left hand and pop your dog on top with the right. The perc is a bit more finely cut than the D020's, and while you don't benefit from filtration much when vaporizing, I do find hits are a bit smoother. The mouthpiece is also a little wider, which is up to personal preference, but I like it a lot. Arrived in 10-12 days (a couple of days quicker than sunshinestore, but there are a lot of variables there).

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep

dogdroppings-jpg.3864774

Just sent you a PM. :)

underdogette,
Reactions: Madcap79

cameronuu

Hello! Haven't posted here in almost a year. Life happened and so sadly my dog hasn't been used in many months. It still heats up fine but I do notice that the internals kind of jiggle around if shake it around or tap the sides of my dog. Is this normal? Can this be fixed by sending it in for repair? Thanks!

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hello! Haven't posted here in almost a year. Life happened and so sadly my dog hasn't been used in many months. It still heats up fine but I do notice that the internals kind of jiggle around if shake it around or tap the sides of my dog. Is this normal? Can this be fixed by sending it in for repair? Thanks!
How long have you had it? It is repairable, I do know that. Unless the inside of the log is charred. If it is, the body could be replaced or it could be made into an Aircore? Just thinking out loud. Contact @underdog , he'll get you sorted.

Top Bottom