Underdog Log Vapes

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I've only used it dry, I'm too afraid to mess up the heater or something. I believe some people in the Milaana thread have used it with water, but they're braver than I.

My mini D020 is set to be arriving soon, all water cooling I've used so far has robbed a lot of the flavor but this thing seems pretty tiny and don't think it'll use a lot of water

http://m.dhgate.com/product/mini-mo.../373053121.html#mvdpd-1-9|null:01:r1750809445

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
DrjkpBb.jpg

Not sure if other people try similar nectar collector type things, but I found this guy works pretty well. From the old @DDave milaana kit. I like watching the vapor swirl around in the jhook better, but this does a better job at cooling and is more ergonomic. I should get a keck clip on there, but whatever. :spliff:

Nice setup.. :tup:

Nice looking PC too.. you a gamer?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I have a 1070 (EVGA FTW that hasn't blown up yet... knock on my dog...) and I barely use it lol. I play GTA5 on freeroam when baked (like 2% into the story... I just drive around...) and Rocket League LOL. Barely use the power. I also have a soft spot for this MMO I've played since I was a little kid, but you could run that on anything... I do love emulating gamecube/wii games though.

I just did this build (which was my first) as kinda a fun thing for myself. Was sick of using laptops and wanted a nice comfy home setup and this was pretty good. A hobby just as expensive as vaping. This was not a good year for my wallet :rip:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Off-topic but some of the EVGA 1070s and 1080s have had issues with some of the hardware malfunctioning and they actually catch on fire. There are some fixes but they haven't done a recall. Kinda lame. I had bought a 1060strix from ASUS at first, but I returned it and got the 1070 bc it was like $100 more for a 20% jump.

No issues so far, and I haven't even installed the thermal pads they sent but still always kinda worried lol, some peoples whole setups get rekt bc of it.

underdog

Manufacturer
Awesome, gamers!

I've been trying to start an UD gaming group for years but it seems like almost everyone is a console gamer these days - but now there's hope again. So... when and what are we playing? :freak:

I have a 1070 (EVGA FTW that hasn't blown up yet... knock on my dog...) and I barely use it lol. I play GTA5 on freeroam when baked (like 2% into the story... I just drive around...) and Rocket League LOL. Barely use the power. I also have a soft spot for this MMO I've played since I was a little kid, but you could run that on anything... I do love emulating gamecube/wii games though.

I just did this build (which was my first) as kinda a fun thing for myself. Was sick of using laptops and wanted a nice comfy home setup and this was pretty good. A hobby just as expensive as vaping. This was not a good year for my wallet :rip:

The 1070 was announced mere months after I spent a couple hundred more on a 980ti. Oh well. I also went EVGA, they've never let me down.

Just warmed up my dog. New Resident Evil 7 demo made me a little nostalgic so I'm gonna start replaying RE4.

Funny (to both of you) I also bought a card (a 970) just a few months before the new ones were announced lol. Not that it really matters I guess since I already have a pretty overpowered system for what I play (light FPS, RTS, WoT, etc).

@muunch - hah I totally get what you're talking about with GTA5 and just driving around.. I do the same thing with Just Cause 2 lol.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, hump day again!

We're taking advantage of the sunny weather to try and finish up all the customs in the shop before the rain comes back. Then we'll be taking most of the weekend off for Christmas festivities before getting back to work on Monday. :peace:

It sure is. The light almost reddish tones in that pup really pop in the sunlight.

I might be showing my age but I remember burning up way too many hours on Delta Force 2 online & Operation Flashpoint is still the greatest game ever made IMO.

Excellent games, I played both quite a bit back when they came out!

HalfBee

Half Buzzed
It's been 3 years since I posted anything on FC, and it was to this thread.
Finally whistled for a dog on Tuesday, picked it up Thursday, in time for Christmas.

Now it's time to adopt a dog
Open box for a yuletide log
Express from North Pole
Lightly ground or whole
Small amount makes big fog

I've wanted one of these but they were always outside my price range. They were on sale for the holidays at same price as the Solo (if I were to buy a new one). Honey Locust wood – how could I resist...

($1 for Haiku still valid?)

Nuttmare

Hello Everyone,

First time poster and long time lurker. I have a question about suitable wood for a custom. A friend of mine has some crazy looking reclaimed cypress heartwood left over from a project and I was wondering since it spent about 120 years underwater would it be suitable for this application.

Also how well does the J-Hook work W/O water.

underdog

Manufacturer
It's been 3 years since I posted anything on FC, and it was to this thread.
Finally whistled for a dog on Tuesday, picked it up Thursday, in time for Christmas.

Now it's time to adopt a dog
Open box for a yuletide log
Express from North Pole
Lightly ground or whole
Small amount makes big fog

I've wanted one of these but they were always outside my price range. They were on sale for the holidays at same price as the Solo (if I were to buy a new one). Honey Locust wood – how could I resist...

($1 for Haiku still valid?)

Awesome! Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the sale to finally pick up a Dog! Great poem too, we'll add it to the UD collection!

Hello Everyone,

First time poster and long time lurker. I have a question about suitable wood for a custom. A friend of mine has some crazy looking reclaimed cypress heartwood left over from a project and I was wondering since it spent about 120 years underwater would it be suitable for this application.

Also how well does the J-Hook work W/O water.

Welcome to the thread!

Assuming the cypress is fully dry now it will be fine for a custom, we've done several in the past with no problems. It will degrade a bit faster than harder/denser woods but you can largely mitigate that by keeping it turned down (or off) between sessions (or whatever). :tup:

RE: the J-hook without water.. I like them as a nicely cooling alternative to water pieces. I think it all comes down to personal preference though so your mileage may vary. :2c:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Jhook without water is the only way imo.

It works perfect for what it does. Cools vapor while retaining flavor. Also if you look right at the joint, watching the vapor swirl as you hit it is mesmerizing, but I need specific light to really see it nicely.

:)

also @underdog get either! Or something completely new! I have little to no preferences in terms of video games. anything can be fun

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs hope you all had a decent holiday weekend.. we certainly did. We'll be back in action tomorrow when packages start going out again.

The Holiday Sale will go on until New Year so there's just under a week left to pick up bargain priced Dogs.

Ahh OK that's good to know. It has a weird gray and olive pattern to it but I'm not sure it would buff out well. I think I will still go ahead and snag some before it ends up on a fire or something.

Only one way to find out! :brow:

Jhook without water is the only way imo.

It works perfect for what it does. Cools vapor while retaining flavor. Also if you look right at the joint, watching the vapor swirl as you hit it is mesmerizing, but I need specific light to really see it nicely.

:)

also @underdog get either! Or something completely new! I have little to no preferences in terms of video games. anything can be fun

Ok cool, I have GTA 5 but haven't played multiplayer on it yet. You should look thru my game inventory (steam) and see if there's anything on there you'd like to play. If not I can pick something up. :tup:

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
I don't post very often but recently I had the core for one of my UD's swapped out and had to share my experience.

I've had this particular UD since 2012 so it's a little on the older side and had seen a lot of action. its been working fine but after reading about a newer model core, i could help myself. contacting Underdogette was fast and easy. I was amazed that within 8 days, my UD had traveled from East Coast to West Coast and back with a new core. My core was swapped and sent out same day, serious efficiency there :rockon:

im in love all over again with my new core. its great being able to use the nylon stem lite stainless steel stem. i think so far the stainless steel stem is my favorite, real big hits with such a small amount of material. im use to exclusively using the old school silicone stems so these newer stems are a real treat.

huge shoutout to Underdog and Underdogette, you guys are awesome!

Top Bottom