Underdog Log Vapes

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I use a Voltage Keeper. I have one of the first model line produced. Still working like a champ!

You're one of the lucky ones.
Some of us read these praises of the VK and jumped on one. Unfortunately I don't believe it's an option anymore since even if you paid for one you can't get it in your hands, been over a year for me and I know I'm not the only one waiting.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
The SS light stem is fun! Good find @underdog !

Thanks man, glad you're enjoying them!

We needed no introductions. This pup was born to obey my every command. It feels good to be part of the pack:love:

I've been having a little too much fun with my new pup these last few days and forgot to get some more pics haha. I'm loving the metal stems, as well. The ss lite and ti taper are both great! Extremely efficient and unbreakable. What's not to love? Seems like just what Dr. @ataxian ordered :D I've been using the Ti mostly for concentrates. I'm killing it in one huge milky delicious hit :ko:

I decided I would finally try out the aromatherapy cup last night. Proceeded to spill half the bottle on my dresser, so now it smells like cedar lol. At 4.5v it takes a while to melt the wax (like hours) and there wasn't very much scent produced. I didn't turn it higher than about 4.8 but I still couldn't smell it from more than a few inches away.

For the most part my dimmer has been pretty consistent, but I've noticed a few times where the display has become more erratic. What vvps would you guys recommend? Did most of you guys go with the options UD has linked on their site?

You'll probably want a higher voltage setting than that for aromatherapy, depending on your Dogs heat level probably somewhere in the 8-10v range. Level of smell can be hard to determine too since your nose will get acclimated really quickly and you won't smell things so strongly even though it's there. Real oils like we recommend do have a more subtle smell than super strong chemical ones for what that's worth.. just something to consider.

RE: VVPS - the best luck we've had to date with full blown VVPS is the Tekpower one mentioned/linked from our website. As far as I can tell they've stopped putting flames on them and they're just black now. Barring getting a lemon these tend to last Dog owners years if treated nicely.

The tattoo style unit? That could be good. I like the lab style one but it looks a bit bulky and I need something that takes up as little space as possible. I'm not too crazy about those flames either. The VK looks awesome BUT... if i thought I could get one I totally would.

The tattoo VVPS are mostly junk, we only 'recommend' them to people who are forced or determined to buy based on price and not quality. They tend to have high frequency whine, overheat and fail much more often than the lab style models. :shrug:

...Fits my 14mm pieces naked :rockon: Would love to see that as an option or as standard vs using dedicated... please simplify my life, Underdog! :)
V3YL9S1.jpg

I got lost somewhere in there lol.. what do you want us to do to simplify your life exactly? :)

Hey again, as I'm choosing the stems, is there anything I should be considering between the long and short 14mm gong? I want one, just not sure which.

As always, thanks!

I think Underdogette probably already messaged you about this? Basically it all comes down to length, either what you need to fit a specific glass piece (some don't allow a long stem) or a preference based on aesthetics, etc. Hard to go wrong either way really. :)

FreddieFresh

@underdog thanks! I didn't want to turn it too high but I'll crank it up a bit and see what happens :) I'll probably just go with the lab style. I'm looking for what's most reliable and consistent. And I'm not sure thats what @6079Smith is talking about but wood sleeves for the ss lite stems would be awesome!

@Garysfriend I haven't used the nylon but the ss lite is great!

6079Smith

I got lost somewhere in there lol.. what do you want us to do to simplify your life exactly? :)
Lol, I was expressing joy at my direct draw stem's ability to double as a WonG, naked with no adapter, simplifying my vape station/life (same thing) and that it'd be a cool option.

My other three wood dd stems fall right through.. stems and adapters everywhere :)

owlie

@owlie I find the SS stems to provide cooler vapor than the nylon/ss
I did a little searching and I think some others agreed, it's a bit cooler. Wonder why that's the case.

I have a glass DD with a SS tip. Love it!
I already have my glass DD and just saw the tip on their site.. didn't know you could attach one to a GonG DD with silicone!! I love the tips. One hit and done. Now my cart is loaded with accessories...

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

We needed no introductions. This pup was born to obey my every command. It feels good to be part of the pack:love:

I've been having a little too much fun with my new pup these last few days and forgot to get some more pics haha. I'm loving the metal stems, as well. The ss lite and ti taper are both great! Extremely efficient and unbreakable. What's not to love? Seems like just what Dr. @ataxian ordered :D I've been using the Ti mostly for concentrates. I'm killing it in one huge milky delicious hit :ko:

I decided I would finally try out the aromatherapy cup last night. Proceeded to spill half the bottle on my dresser, so now it smells like cedar lol. At 4.5v it takes a while to melt the wax (like hours) and there wasn't very much scent produced. I didn't turn it higher than about 4.8 but I still couldn't smell it from more than a few inches away.

For the most part my dimmer has been pretty consistent, but I've noticed a few times where the display has become more erratic. What vvps would you guys recommend? Did most of you guys go with the options UD has linked on their site?

Nice chalice bro! Beautiful pup

And I use the 35-40 dollar vvps on Amazon, not sure if tattoo or lab, think lab as I needed to get a lab cord from UD....actually need another as my red end fell off so I'm VVPS less.

FreddieFresh

And I use the 35-40 dollar vvps on Amazon, not sure if tattoo or lab, think lab as I needed to get a lab cord from UD....actually need another as my red end fell off so I'm VVPS less.
Thanks man! Its been as fun admiring it's looks as its been to use it :)

And thanks for the advice. I believe I'm about to pull the trigger on the lab style unit

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog thanks! I didn't want to turn it too high but I'll crank it up a bit and see what happens :) I'll probably just go with the lab style. I'm looking for what's most reliable and consistent. And I'm not sure thats what @6079Smith is talking about but wood sleeves for the ss lite stems would be awesome!

@Garysfriend I haven't used the nylon but the ss lite is great!

We can do the wooden stems with a SS Lite tip but putting one the full length of a wooden sleeve is a much harder task. Since wood and SS have different thermal expansion rates and wood changes shape/size as its moisture level changes (from ambient humidity) it can be really difficult to size a wooden sleeve to fit snugly but not get loose or not tighten up too much and crack in service. We used to do it when glass lined stems back in the day but eventually stopped since it wasn't practical from a production standpoint. :2c::science:

Lol, I was expressing joy at my direct draw stem's ability to double as a WonG, naked with no adapter, simplifying my vape station/life (same thing) and that it'd be a cool option.

My other three wood dd stems fall right through.. stems and adapters everywhere :)

Ah, I get it now. Yes we're definitely looking into making some of the stems with ends that double as WonG tapers. Right now though it's all a bit random. It's been a long time since we offered wooden stems so we're having to learn new skills and relearn old ones we've forgotten so it'll take us a while to get fully up to speed. :cool:

Hey @underdog, have any more wooden stems in the works? The one's you've got are gorgeous, but I wanted to know if it was worth waiting for a figured walnut or some other darker wood. Hell, I doubt it, but any possibility of getting one in African Milkwood to match my UD?

Yeah we've got some more stems in the pipeline, hopefully done soon. I think there'll be more Lacewood, some Rosewood, some kind of Stone Burl and maybe a few Lignum Vitae and Buffalo Horn ones. I don't think we have any African Milkwood pieces to use for stems but I'll look and let you know if we do. Figured Walnut stems are a definite possibility. We live smack in the middle of walnut country so have excellent access to amazing cuts of walnut.

I did a little searching and I think some others agreed, it's a bit cooler. Wonder why that's the case.

I already have my glass DD and just saw the tip on their site.. didn't know you could attach one to a GonG DD with silicone!! I love the tips. One hit and done. Now my cart is loaded with accessories...

The SS Stems just do a better job at pulling heat out of the air vs a similar length of Nylon so they cool the vapor a bit. Another nice point to the SS Lite stems!

Yeah the SS tips can be added to any of our glass DD Stems and/or GonGs.. I guess we don't often mention it though. Lots of 'secret menu' items like that on the website I suppose. :ninja:

Send a message to Underdogette and we can send you a new end, you just screw it on with a phillips screwdriver and good to go.

Did you somehow bust yours off or did it just fall off? I ask because our supplier switched to really crappy ends (identical visually, just shit internally) and didn't tell us. Once we discovered it we thought we got all of the crappy ones separated out and thrown away but maybe one slipped thru and you drew the unlucky straw. :hmm:

Last edited:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Happy Hump Day. :)

Just want to let everyone know that we'll be ending our Birthday Sale at the end of this month. We'll then take some time to recuperate, reorganize and restock. We will have a Holiday Sale this year as well, but the prices won't be quite as low as they are for the birthday sale... so if you've had your eye on something special, you probably want to grab it now! :party:

Thanks for listening- enjoy the rest of your week.

FreddieFresh

@underdog ah for some reason I didn't think about expansion and contraction. Seems the same problem would present itself with glass too, no? What if the woods ID was slightly larger so you could use o-rings as a spacer to lock the wood in place? Kind of like the vapcap. Of course, if it's not viable for production, that's a totally different story lol

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog the wire frayed off the red output side, don't think I can screw it back in as it looks frayed/ripped

I woke up one morning and it was like that :lol: not sure if a roomate put something on it or the cats or whatever it was. I got the cord back in 2015 (Q1-Q2)

Ah, ok then that's before we had the supply issue at least, good to know.

If you want to cheaply/easily/quickly get it back up and running you could cut the other end off, strip the insulation off the last 1/2" of wire, unscrew the terminal caps from the VVPS, wrap the wires around the posts and screw the caps back on. Sounds more complicated than it is, it's a 2 minute job and you'd be back in business. :tup:

@underdog ah for some reason I didn't think about expansion and contraction. Seems the same problem would present itself with glass too, no? What if the woods ID was slightly larger so you could use o-rings as a spacer to lock the wood in place? Kind of like the vapcap. Of course, if it's not viable for production, that's a totally different story lol

Yeah it was also a problem with glass and we 'solved' it by doing just about what you were saying and held it in place with the silicone portion of the tip on those stems. This was doable because we could flare the end of the glass out to secure the mouthpiece end in the wooden stem and the silicone secure the other end. With the metal we don't have a practical way of securing the mouthpiece end, it's not realistic to flare it the same way we did the glass. So far we haven't found an agreeable (to production) way of doing it but we're still pondering things. Of course we're always open to suggestions and ideas should anyone have any. :cool:

Max1045

Yeah we've got some more stems in the pipeline, hopefully done soon. I think there'll be more Lacewood, some Rosewood, some kind of Stone Burl and maybe a few Lignum Vitae and Buffalo Horn ones. I don't think we have any African Milkwood pieces to use for stems but I'll look and let you know if we do. Figured Walnut stems are a definite possibility. We live smack in the middle of walnut country so have excellent access to amazing cuts of walnut.

Thanks, I appreciate that! It'd be incredibly cool to have a matching stem. That said, Walnut would be a beautiful companion as well.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
It was brought to my attention that I forgot to post about our Direct Draw Seconds stems.

Ugly_DirectDraws-900x900.JPG

We're selling off our "ugly factory seconds" stems for just $5/each, and we've added Thick Walled ones for just 50¢ extra. It's a great way to get extra stems for cheap if you don't mind the uneven edges.
:clap::tup::rockon::bowdown::nod::love:

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
woohoo! my mom and her husband are trying to quit combusting, and after i showed them my dog, i helped my mom order one of the maple birthday vapes! i got myself a stainless steel stem and a NonG too ;)

quick question: will it be any problem if the wall wart was plugged into an extension cord? there are only a couple of outlets in the garage/smoking room.

Top Bottom