Underdog Log Vapes

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
It's happening again(twin peaks reference)

After 4 long years with my UD, my new pup has arrived, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Dave, you continue to impress with your beautiful work. I got the purpleheart and it is much more lovely than the online pics can show. The little speckles along the rim look like you're staring into the galaxy when taking a hit. Needless to say, I look forward to exploring this new frontier. Cheers

Max1045

As far as I understand the rules on this forum, this thread isn't where questions like this belong. Supposedly you aren't supposed to ask for comparisons between devices in threads operated by the creators of one of the devices. I would suggest making a thread in the Ask FC forum, I'm sure someone there will help!

Edit: I'm obviously super new as well, so if someone with more experience can correct me, please do!

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Heya dogs!

Just want to pop in to announce a new product from one of our many ongoing R&D projects: Dimmers with LED voltage readout screens. :)

Now it's easier to find your spot on your dimmer. Also, you can easily use a 15 volt power supply with this dimmer and adjust down from there, if you're finding you want to increase your vape's temperature, but don't want the hassle, the bulk, or the expense of a VVPS.

We were also able to add a screen to the remote control dimmers, but found the inline dimmers to be of higher quality.

For anyone who already has a dimmer, but would like to add just the little LED screen, get in touch with me and we can go over some options.

http://underdogvapes.com/dimmer-led

NickDlow

Log Hog
Heya dogs!

Just want to pop in to announce a new product from one of our many ongoing R&D projects: Dimmers with LED voltage readout screens. :)

Now it's easier to find your spot on your dimmer. Also, you can easily use a 15 volt power supply with this dimmer and adjust down from there, if you're finding you want to increase your vape's temperature, but don't want the hassle, the bulk, or the expense of a VVPS.

We were also able to add a screen to the remote control dimmers, but found the inline dimmers to be of higher quality.

For anyone who already has a dimmer, but would like to add just the little LED screen, get in touch with me and we can go over some options.

http://underdogvapes.com/dimmer-led

Amazing idea!! Why hasn't this been done before?!?!

You two never cease to amaze me with all you guys do just being you two running the show!! I'm still convinced you have an army of vape elfs in your basement.

You guys bring 'mom n pop' shops to a whole new level. You set the standard!!

Keep up the great work!

ZC

I'm curious how you guys wired this up, my understanding was that because the dimmer uses PWM a voltmeter would just always read 12v?

EDIT: Also, great job with the video you guys.

I love that you guys are always thinking of new ways to enjoy our dogs!

Last edited:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
So far I'm loving my UD, but was looking to mix it up a bit. Does anyone know if something like this would work with the dog if I had the proper adapter?

http://www.planetvape.ca/f-bomb-jet-diffused-micro-bubbler-tube.html

Glad to hear you're enjoying your UD. I don't have experience with that specific piece but it looks like it should work with GonGs and NonGs if you got it in 14mm, or NonGs and Oversize NonGs if you got it in 18mm.

That all said I've always found it a lot more convenient to use a traditional piece of glass that the vape sits inverted on top of. :2c:

Amazing idea!! Why hasn't this been done before?!?!

You two never cease to amaze me with all you guys do just being you two running the show!! I'm still convinced you have an army of vape elfs in your basement.

You guys bring 'mom n pop' shops to a whole new level. You set the standard!!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks dude, we certainly try!

Not sure why it's not been done before. It just occurred to me a while back during some musings so I figured I'd toy with the idea... and voila.

I think it never occurred to me previously because it's an 'improper' solution so my brain didn't even go down that path until recently. :hmm::shrug:

I'm curious how you guys wired this up, my understanding was that because the dimmer uses PWM a voltmeter would just always read 12v?

EDIT: Also, great job with the video you guys.

I love that you guys are always thinking of new ways to enjoy our dogs!

It's just the voltmeter wired in parallel to the output side of the PWM circuit along with the output lead, the excess wire is wrapped up and then the meter is secured to the output lead with heat shrink. Super simple and easy.

Some meters work alright with reading PWM output, some struggle with it and some don't manage it at all so it really depends on the meter and how it's designed. It took me a bit to find a meter that I liked that worked well enough with it but I think it's a decent budget solution now. :science::2c:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
So far I'm loving my UD, but was looking to mix it up a bit. Does anyone know if something like this would work with the dog if I had the proper adapter?

http://www.planetvape.ca/f-bomb-jet-diffused-micro-bubbler-tube.html

You don't need anything special outside a standard 14mm Gong or NonG but they do not work as well as a cheap 14mm bubbler. Like @underdog said it is more convenient to use it traditionally, not to mention cheaper. I think I paid $13USD for my DH Gate version.

mcvKXZUl.jpg

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Dimmers with LED voltage readout screens

What! These are completely fucking awesome! Really cool idea, I'm definitely going to consider this. Like, my dimmer works OK for what it is and I don't often fiddle with it, so it is not as though I NEED it but then again maybe I'd screw around with my dimmer more if I had a cool readout...

Good work!

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, I don't know if Underdogette has mentioned it but as usual when I was organizing the shop I found some goodies that I'd forgotten about.

In this case it's a whole box of Minis and Midis (slightly taller / longer lived Minis)! If anyone wanted a tiny Pup and didn't get one before now is your time, just get in touch with Underdogette for details.

We also have a bunch more wooden stems up on the site: Premium Wood Stems and Premium Lacewood Stems as well.

The UD I ordered just got here and it is heating up as I type this

Very, very excited to try it out

Hope you enjoy it dude!

FreddieFresh

Well, some days mother nature is an artist and other days she wants to be temperamental. Occasionally, those days collide. Sadly, the blank I had sourced from @Snappo was not destined to grace me with its presence. But he was absolutely great to deal with and really helpful through the whole process. And I get the feeling I'll have another custom pup made from one of his exquisite finds soon enough :cool:

Now that it's set in stone (or madrone to be more precise) I'll go ahead and share the teaser pic I've been sent.

I might be a little biased but i think it's gorgeous! :drool: It's quite a satisfying feeling having a custom log made to your own specifications. And that feeling is increased exponentially when you have the good fortune to deal with amazing people like Dave and Amanda throughout that process. @underdog is a master woodworker who's talent obviously speaks for itself. He's like Billy the Kid on a lathe with how fast he can turn a pack of pups :rofl: but like Michaelangelo with the quality of his craft :science:

But I think the real champ has to be @underdogette !!! I like to think I'm not too difficult but the amount of emails exchanged between us begs to differ lol. If patience is a virtue than she is a saint haha. I made so many changes and addendums to my order, I thought she would surely miss something. But she had no trouble sorting through the mess of details to make sure my order was correct.

From my short experience with them I can say that Dave and Amanda make a hell of a team! Considering the workload they take on, it's amazing how fast they get things done. If only all mom and pop businesses could be so efficient, then there wouldn't be a need for Walmart or McDonald's lol. I can't wait to have another pup made and I can't wait to show off some more pics of this one once I receive it! Dave and Amanda are great people and I hope they can continue doing this til a ripe old age!! :myday:

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, just finishing up another long week in the shop and thought I'd drop by, say hi, and share some teaser pics of some nice pieces I just finished up tonight.

First are 4 Lost Dogs: Alanthus, Wormy Olive, Figured Walnut and another Alanthus.
312zqlz.jpg

Wildwood Skinny Twig, Chinese Pistache Ripple Twig, Figured Walnut and Streaked Hackberry.
2eo9kp4.jpg

I think I'm going to call it a day! :cheers:

Well, some days mother nature is an artist and other days she wants to be temperamental. Occasionally, those days collide. Sadly, the blank I had sourced from @Snappo was not destined to grace me with its presence. But he was absolutely great to deal with and really helpful through the whole process. And I get the feeling I'll have another custom pup made from one of his exquisite finds soon enough :cool:

Now that it's set in stone (or madrone to be more precise) I'll go ahead and share the teaser pic I've been sent.

I might be a little biased but i think it's gorgeous! :drool: It's quite a satisfying feeling having a custom log made to your own specifications. And that feeling is increased exponentially when you have the good fortune to deal with amazing people like Dave and Amanda throughout that process. @underdog is a master woodworker who's talent obviously speaks for itself. He's like Billy the Kid on a lathe with how fast he can turn a pack of pups :rofl: but like Michaelangelo with the quality of his craft :science:

But I think the real champ has to be @underdogette !!! I like to think I'm not too difficult but the amount of emails exchanged between us begs to differ lol. If patience is a virtue than she is a saint haha. I made so many changes and addendums to my order, I thought she would surely miss something. But she had no trouble sorting through the mess of details to make sure my order was correct.

From my short experience with them I can say that Dave and Amanda make a hell of a team! Considering the workload they take on, it's amazing how fast they get things done. If only all mom and pop businesses could be so efficient, then there wouldn't be a need for Walmart or McDonald's lol. I can't wait to have another pup made and I can't wait to show off some more pics of this one once I receive it! Dave and Amanda are great people and I hope they can continue doing this til a ripe old age!! :myday:

Awww, thanks Freddie, we put a lot of effort into doing right by all you guys (and girls) and it's always a super awesome feeling being appreciated for it! :)

Sorry things didn't go as planned but I think they came out alright in the end anyways. That Madrone turned out to be a really nice piece of wood and it think it looks great in the curvy shape you wanted.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Wow, @underdog, those all look beautiful!

Still been using my dog every day since I got it, one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Glad to hear it, that's awesome!

Nice work man! :rockon:

Thanks dude!

Hey @underdog any exotic/rare minis/midis in that batch? I have a stupid supply of minis already, but there are really never enough.

Pretty sure I've got a handful of exotics in there that I still need to finish up actually (including a couple Banksia Pod minis). I'll be finishing them up this coming week and Underdogette will be posting them.

That wormy olive lost dog and the ripple twig are two of my all time favorite looking logs! Oooooo

I have an even cooler Wormy Olive here too in this batch that didn't end up in the picture.. maybe @underdogette will post it if we're lucky. ;)

Top Bottom