Underdog Log Vapes

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Tstat said:
I have not been able to wrap my head around a log vape that can produce huge clouds. I have said in other threads that I need a hard hitting vape for the bedroom. I used to have a PD and I love the look for my bedroom, but it just didn't hit hot and heavy enough for sleep medicating.

I almost am almost sold on this, but of course, now I would have to wait until next month, lol. Can it actualy hit as heavy as an EQ or a LSV?
Well ,wait for the check and go. :) It hit heavier than DBV/EQ IME off a smaller amount.. + You must get it... because Dogs love water pipes.. and you have one of the best collections around.. Trust me.. you wanna see dog milk and taste it in you pieces.. (I want at least :brow: )

Abysmal Vapor,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I find it harder to hold those big hits in :cool: than to actually produce them with the UD. Those are definitely not the size I take on average. I was just trying to show what the UD is capable of. For a person who can handle bigger rips, I'm sure they could produce even better results.

Gonzo,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hahaha... Ok I see you guys have things well in hand here.

The Underdog is officially underway and on the road, lookout everyone... see ya all around.. :peace:

underdog,

Vapemania

The UD website says orders can be placed after Feb 15 2012.
I'm not sure why that is?

Also, the vapes are really great designs.
I quite like the Tupelo Goblet shape.
It seems the UD is the natural development to the log vapes, in terms of exterior, I mean.
It has a variety of shapes and sizes.

I saw the review of the UD on youtube.
It was pretty cool, BTW.
And I thought that the 3/8" might be better at turning the ABV dark, compared to the 1/4" core.

Vapemania,

Abysmal Vapor

Vapemeister said:
The UD website says orders can be placed after Feb 15 2012.
I'm not sure why that is?

Also, the vapes are really great designs.
I quite like the Tupelo Goblet shape.
It seems the UD is the natural development to the log vapes, in terms of exterior, I mean.
It has a variety of shapes and sizes.

I saw the review of the UD on youtube.
It was pretty cool, BTW.
And I thought that the 3/8" might be better at turning the ABV dark, compared to the 1/4" core.
I think that small pieces run hotter so.. they would probably make darker abv.

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
I wanted a twig, because I didn't think the normal log type would satisfy. But I'm not even so sure I Would want a twig anymore! This one does a great job at the extractions. This standard one is plenty hot enough i think. no reason for me to want it hotter.

Question for the Pros. What difference can i expect with screen placement? Farther away is going to = cooler tokes right? I may need to do this!

*last night I took a dab of bho, mixed it in with my herbs, and then loaded it into my UD, the results were very very good! I nearly puked cause the first rip I took was way too big! Ever swallow smoke or vapor? lol when I take a too big a rip, that's what happens!

weedemon,

cluffy

Vaker
ABV, you're correct, the smaller the hotter. Not so in Snooki's case but... :p I love my 3/8" Twig but I prefer the 1/4" B-day vape. The 3/8" seems like more of a power hitter to me, I appreciate it but I usually prefer a more mellow hit. I actually loaned my Twig out to my Bro-in-law, I like her, but she is a little much for me to be hitting all the time. I'd planned on loaning him the B-day vape, but I wound up preferring it over the Twig. DAVE! PLEASE HOOK US UP WITH 24/7 1/4" DOG!!! :-P Well, at least think about it. Everybody likes choices, right? I'm glad to see the Dog House getting more populated, soon it will have to expand into a full-blown kennel!! Here's to a healthy and prosperous 2012 for all!!! :cheers:

cluffy,

Abysmal Vapor

Weedemon .. The closer the screen to the heater is .. the fatter, the fewer, the hotter,the more ripping. The further away.. the less dnese,the more in numbers, the cooler. the smoother :).
I like to use Absolute amber with UD.. on a herb sandwich or direct on a double-tripple screen if it melts too runny. Some guys are using concentrates on a piece of unbleached cotton (i tried with an e-cig filter cotton.. but didn't taste well. enough) .. I personally don't know if i have the guts to inhale heated cotton.. Is that safe ?
I'd like to see what Dave thinks on that method with UD too .. If it is safe or efficient ? Anyone tried that with an UD ?

Abysmal Vapor,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Made a little video of my UD cloud (i don't have the best camera, sorry), this hit was very hard to hold in. Super spicy!

edit: new link
CLICK ME FOR VIDEO

after the first hit I am slowly blowing out the hit continuously, it was a lot!

Elluzion,

cluffy

Vaker
AAARGH! SOPA already enacted? :p
SOPA.jpg

cluffy,

Vapemania

cluffy said:

I like your sig, dude.

It's good to see you have a favourite amongst your long list of vapes.
It's extremely helpful.
Some people aren't able to make a decision about which one they prefer.
Which is unfortunate.

Incidentally, what is a b-day UD?
I keep thinking of 'bidet'! Sorry.
Also, how is a UD different from a twig?
It seems all the UDs on the website have a 3/8" core.

Vapemania,

cluffy

Vaker
@Vapemeister: A b-day UD is a log that was produced by Dave back in September of 2011. Underdog's 1 year anniversary special. I think the difference between a regular UD and a Twig is the size and amount of heat produced. Why am I posting when I'm so vaked... :mental:
oh, check your junkmail Vapemeister....

cluffy,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
As Cluffy said, a Twig is a smaller version of a full size UD. Dave's (Underdog Creator) latest model Twigs are known as UberTwigs and have received the reputation of the hotter of the two choices. B-Day models were a special 1 year anniversary model and the Lost Dogs are discounted full size pieces usually sold at the $150 price range. Most UberTwigs will start out at $175 and full size pieces usually $200+. If I have made any mistakes please someone jump in and I will correct. Hope this helps.

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I just wanted to add that twigs or ubertwigs can be lost dogs too, they are the UD version of 7thfloors blemished models and have a little imperfection that doesn't interfere with how it operates.

OhTheAgony,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Good point OTA, it has been a long day off with the Purple Pint so far and I am probably not in the best state to be answering questions :ko:

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, that must be it. I only just started 'medicating' after a very busy day, got some catching up to do I guess ;)

OhTheAgony,

Vapemania

Gonzo said:
As Cluffy said, a Twig is a smaller version of a full size UD. Dave's (Underdog Creator) latest model Twigs are known as UberTwigs and have received the reputation of the hotter of the two choices. B-Day models were a special 1 year anniversary model and the Lost Dogs are discounted full size pieces usually sold at the $150 price range. Most UberTwigs will start out at $175 and full size pieces usually $200+. If I have made any mistakes please someone jump in and I will correct. Hope this helps.

Thanks buddy.
That's really helpful.

So although the Ubertwig is smaller than a UD, it can get hotter?

Well, that could indeed mean that a log vape isn't so much affected by the insulating 'log'; and the heat is more due to the internal heating core.
Which would suggest that the Ubertwig has an improved internal core design.

But of course, it's down to personal preference which one is the best.
They both look really great.

$200 for an ubertwig aint too bad.
Will I find info on it on the UD thread?

Edit: Sorry, just realised I am on the UD thread!

Vapemania,

stroh

errl enthusiast
the ubertwigs are 175, FC members get free shipping and some extra goodies, you are correct that the UD core has been improved upon to minimize the insulation effect of the wood, though it still plays a role in overall temperature.

stroh,

SirElton

Honestly, I think the twigs are mainly for glass users. I've never tried one, but that seems to be their purpose. If you aren't using glass primarily, get a full-sized Dog and you'll be more than satiated. Vapemeister, if price is an issue you can contact Dave and see if there are any Lost Dogs that tickle your fancy. They are cheaper, but only in cost, not performance.

SirElton,
Top Bottom