Underdog Log Vapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Welcome to FC Skuma!

I've read some people had a little trouble pairing the regular UD stems with a 14,4mm GonG connection, so I ordered a bunch of extra bowls that come with the glass stems. I have a feeling those will fit perfectly. If all you use is 18,8mm I think the regular stems are fine.

I'll leave the other questions to people who've actually used it already :)

OhTheAgony,

scottio19

scotty
Mine doesn't fit in my 18mm gong connection, not a wide enough diameter. I could buy an adapter or another 14mm waterpipe, OR I could be a MacGyver and use electrical tape to make it a wider diameter.

scottio19,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
SD_haze said:
I'm getting fantastic hits but having a lot of difficulty *finishing* the stem.
It seems to always stop producing good vapor once the ABV is a yellow/golden/super light brown.

I tried moving the screen as close as i could possibly, but still wasn't able to achieve brown/dark brown ABV.

This is basically what is happening for me. I have the screen prolly an half inch from the core end of the stem and when I put the stem in it sits directly over the core and sometimes the herb falls into the core itself so I have to turn it upside down and tap the side over my abv container to get it to come out.

I'm using the stem attached to a 14mm vapor whip adapter.

It is getting browned but it is like haze said, golden, not dark brown.

edit: @cluffy I don't honestly think I could ever combust with it at the temperature its getting right now.

MarcellusWiley,

cluffy

Vaker
@scottio19: I'd stay away from the electrical tape, it'll just make a mess. A strip of aluminum foil wrapped around the stem works, but the 3/8" UD stems fit nicely in a 14mm GG fitting if you put a chamfer on them with a razor blade. I'd go for an adapter, they're handy to have anyway!!

edit: OH YEAH!! Forgot about whip adapters!!! They come in both 14mm and 19mm and the 3/8" stems fit nicely on them! Thanks MarcellusWiley! I'm guessing you and SD_haze are having power grid issues, any way to test your outlet's voltage? I use a Kill-a-Watt.

cluffy,

tombs

The mailman came a bit early today and just dropped off a lovely Purpleheart Twig.

I'm familiar with the PD and was wondering if the UD technique is the same? Is there any instructional info online?

Additionally, with the default position of the screen, how much ground up herbals are you guys pulling into the stem?

tombs,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Screen position THEN try the variable power supply. I'm a firm believer in the adjustable screens :)

Yesterday I simply handed my UD loaded and ready to go to someone who had never vaped only smoked. No learning curve and blew a large cloud out on his very first hit. Underdog impresses all.

darkrom,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
darkrom said:
Screen position THEN try the variable power supply. I'm a firm believer in the adjustable screens :)

Yesterday I simply handed my UD loaded and ready to go to someone who had never vaped only smoked. No learning curve and blew a large cloud out on his very first hit. Underdog impresses all.

Well my problem isn't the first hit, its the ones after. I put the screen a half inch from the end of the stem, then packing it pretty much full and letting the heating core sandwich it down. I get one great hit then a whispy one and hardly anything ont he third go around, but the abv is light brown / golden with some green left in it. I really can't get it to go beyond that.

and this is packed right next to the heating core, so I think the screen issue is fine.

Gunna test the line and then variable power supply will be my next try I guess.

MarcellusWiley,

darkrom

Great Scott!
MarcellusWiley said:
darkrom said:

Well my problem isn't the first hit, its the ones after. I put the screen a half inch from the end of the stem, then packing it pretty much full and letting the heating core sandwich it down. I get one great hit then a whispy one and hardly anything ont he third go around, but the abv is light brown / golden with some green left in it. I really can't get it to go beyond that.

and this is packed right next to the heating core, so I think the screen issue is fine.

Gunna test the line and then variable power supply will be my next try I guess.

Can you post a pic of a freshly packed stem? It could simply be that the UD is so good at extraction that you pretty much suck the life out of the bud in the first hit or 2. The UD is the only vape I can clear a full bowl in one hit if i REALLY try.

darkrom,

Adobewan

@Skuma
You will not regret having an Underdog! Once warmed up, it is the easiest, most convenient, and massive cloud producing flower vape I've used.
And Dave is a superhero.
My beautiful dog took a short fall and needed to go into the vet. I emailed Dave to work out my return and he told me he was leaving for So Cal for three weeks and wouldn't be able to get to my piece till he returns.
SO...
he offered to send me a new one to use till he's back and we'd work out the return when gets home.
He offered.
He paid shipping.

Anybody notice that while many industries shrug service off, the vape industry is one of the leaders in customer service. From THC Sci, to Nate and Noah at TV, to my hero Dave at Underdog, these young inventors make a point to connect with their customers and keep them happy with their products.

See I think it's the cannabis. It makes people stupid, lazy, and aggressive on it's way to hooking you on heroin.
Now where is my f@ckin' beer hat?

...and speaking of beer hats, you know the kind they make for baseball caps, I have a vape hat in mind. It's a mix of a bag vape and a turban.
What do you guys think ? { 8^{D}

OK, put me out of my misery before I continue!

Skuma, don't hesitate, join the UD family.
You'll be glad you did!

Adobewan,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
freshly packed stem

67mlo8.jpg

stem after putting it down on heating core, so the bud is pushed up a bit toward the screen. took it out for the picture

16bfsdy.jpg

and I cleaned my grinder, that nasty vapor whip from my EQ in the picture and my 'claimed up sheldon black and got this 1.35 beauty :p from the evap'd iso

2zsxv02.jpg

MarcellusWiley,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Abysmal, you seem to be on top of things when it comes to finding affordable glassware here in the EU. Would you happen to know where I can score a 14,4mm WP adapter like that ^^

I had one of those 7thfloor adapters but I didn't like the 90 degree angle on that one so I gave it away a while ago. I would like to find a straight one like that though.

OhTheAgony,

SD_haze

SD_haze,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
It's called a 14mm vapor whip adapter, atleast where I bought it, vapeworld.

But yes it is a 14mm male joint.

MarcellusWiley,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
If you plan to purchase smth from Gn0me.. He has the perfect solution.. I will post pics in a minute..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Still not sure about getting the Gnome. I mean it looks nice and all, but I already have a Vapocane which doesn't it's job quite well & is a pleasure to use. I could even stick the Cane's heater in a piece of tubing since the other end is a 14mm male joint as well, but it would restricted the airflow a bit.

I'd rather just find a simple cheap adapter like that locally. Something that's cheap & quick to replace if it breaks.

Pictures are always nice though :)

ps: Dave, this may seem like weird idea, but I keep thinking about it after I send you that photo of the white ash burl last night; have you ever thought about or tried to make a UD out of marble?

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
MarcellusWiley said:
freshly packed stem

http://i44.tinypic.com/67mlo8.jpg

stem after putting it down on heating core, so the bud is pushed up a bit toward the screen. took it out for the picture

http://i43.tinypic.com/16bfsdy.jpg

and I cleaned my grinder, that nasty vapor whip from my EQ in the picture and my 'claimed up sheldon black and got this 1.35 beauty :p from the evap'd iso

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zsxv02.jpg

Stem looks fine to me. Have you tried leaving it on for like an hour or 2 and seeing if it heats up more of if its "max temp"? Just one way to rule stuff out.

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

dsc0487l.jpg

dsc0491xl.jpg

This is both stem i currently use. The shorter one is for bong rips and the longer one is for direct draw.. It even has a carb hole which allows you to let cool air whitout braking the drag.
On the second picture you can see that in one of the tubes there is a glass screen build in.. I tried loading it directly in the glass and it fogs nice too. I don't use it often that way because the gong get very hot after 1 session and it degrades herb if i leave it there for a brake.
262nk8p.jpg
:)

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: SirusSirus

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
darkrom said:
Stem looks fine to me. Have you tried leaving it on for like an hour or 2 and seeing if it heats up more of if its "max temp"? Just one way to rule stuff out.

yea i've had it on 24/7 since i've had it. maybe i'm just expecting it to be hotter than it should be, i don't know. i'll post some abv pics later i guess.

@abysmal. I wanted glass stems for bong rips...that looks like a nice setup. I was originally looking at the 14mm ones Alan made that have pics in the HI thread.

MarcellusWiley,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I just tried a much slower draw with that stem i took the picture of, and got it browned a lot nicer this time. about 2-3 hits, last one more wispy. I think I was definitely hitting it too hard (used to the EQ). i'll keep experimenting and start getting used to it.

MarcellusWiley,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Awesome, thanks Abysmal!

I keep forgetting to search in german as well when googling this kinda stuff, mental note made!

Do you mean the UD's core fits a male 14mm GonG connection btw?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

No I mean .. That there is a build in glass screen in the gong and you can load herb right there :) .Still needs a silicon sleeve to connect to the core.

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom