Underdog Log Vapes

Perplexpercolator

Hillbill and glass simply do not get along. If it can be knocked over, I will. If it can be dropped, I have. The only thing holding my last iPad together was the screen protector. I am more along the line of stainless steel or rock.

You should get a log (like the wood thing) and do a burnout of your glass and carve out your piece into it and then just encase your glass in wood, be that guy who has a stump on the shelf.

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
vgyo3.jpg

Finally got around to opening this little guy today. I'm pleased with it per usual. Thanks @underdog and @underdogette

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs happy hump day!

Nothing too exciting to report, just plugging away as usual, shipping orders out, building customs, rinse & repeat.. tis the season, etc.

vgyo3.jpg

Finally got around to opening this little guy today. I'm pleased with it per usual. Thanks @underdog and @underdogette

Awesome dude glad you like the 'lil guy!

I really love those pods!!!!!

Yeah seems like lots of other people do too. Ever since I said I didn't think I'd be turning more Pods after this batch because of my increasing sensitivity they've been selling like mad. Guess there are quite a few people out there who want one for their collection.

BrotherJoseph

Yeah seems like lots of other people do too. Ever since I said I didn't think I'd be turning more Pods after this batch because of my increasing sensitivity they've been selling like mad. Guess there are quite a few people out there who want one for their collection.

I am this human. I had to jump on one. I got the micro with the wide base that tapers up to super skinny. Couldn't be happier. I'll have to get around to some pics. Also the buffalo stem is as black as I hoped it would be and that made my dark little heart really happy.

underdog

Manufacturer
I am this human. I had to jump on one. I got the micro with the wide base that tapers up to super skinny. Couldn't be happier. I'll have to get around to some pics. Also the buffalo stem is as black as I hoped it would be and that made my dark little heart really happy.

Awesome I'm glad you were able to grab one then.. and one of the stems of lost souls. :evil:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
So I received my GonG's & the jury is out at this stage as I won't be testing until the weekend. The internal diameter of the tube is a fraction under 11mm compared to a fraction over 10mm for the UD GonG. A small but noticeable difference.

It will almost certainly work fine with an Air core O ring but I don't have an O ring to test with on my SC. The ends are finished so they sit perfectly flat where the UD ones tend to have a small lean from being cut down. This could be a really good 18mm GonG solution especially if you have O rings.

http://www.mountainglass.com/German-Male-19-26-Bistabil-Joint-130mm-200.html#.WFJSsfl97IU

http://www.mountainglass.com/German-Male-14-23-Bistabil-Joint-130mm-200.html#.WFJUbPl97IU

Stevenski,
Reactions: underdog

underdog

Manufacturer
So I received my GonG's & the jury is out at this stage as I won't be testing until the weekend. The internal diameter of the tube is a fraction under 11mm compared to a fraction over 10mm for the UD GonG. A small but noticeable difference.

It will almost certainly work fine with an Air core O ring but I don't have an O ring to test with on my SC. The ends are finished so they sit perfectly flat where the UD ones tend to have a small lean from being cut down. This could be a really good 18mm GonG solution especially if you have O rings.

http://www.mountainglass.com/German-Male-19-26-Bistabil-Joint-130mm-200.html#.WFJSsfl97IU

http://www.mountainglass.com/German-Male-14-23-Bistabil-Joint-130mm-200.html#.WFJUbPl97IU

Thanks for the update, sounds like the larger GonGs that we've tested in the past.. dang!

underdog,
Reactions: Stevenski

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
vgyo3.jpg

Hi, is this one of the underdog mini ? i liked the price point of it but it said wasnt as durable perhaps? any thoughts if this is mini. and does it compare to bigger log vapes for hit / effeciency ? thanks alot, im on a budget and considering the Toasty Top but aint pulled a plugged yet.

P.A.M.,

NizzyJones

It's a micro. However the minis and micros are only available to people who either already have or are buying a full size Underdog because of the durability issue. I know people have posted videos of the minis milking water pipes, haven't seen any reports on the micros yet but I believe Dave said it's the same heating element.

NizzyJones,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Regarding the mini & micro-dogs... if used normally without leaving them on 24/7/365, I don't see why they shouldn't last a long long long time - if not our lifetime. I've had my very small Olive wood unit for over two years now and it works like showroom new - no diff in stellar performance whatsoever. I heat to desired temp, do the deed, and stow away until the next recreational enjoyment. Also, I have not been aware of any mini's or micro's going bust, at least none that have been reported here on the FC. While it seems to make perfect sense and prudent to caution that smaller units will get hotter structurally overall, suggesting additional wear & tear, anecdotal evidence doesn't seem to have borne that out ...at least not yet that I've been made aware of. As is true in just about anything life & property: Take good care of your possessions and they will take good care of you. Don't push limits, real or imagined. I am of course wide open to correction on this issue. JMO

underdog

Manufacturer
Hi, is this one of the underdog mini ? i liked the price point of it but it said wasnt as durable perhaps? any thoughts if this is mini. and does it compare to bigger log vapes for hit / effeciency ? thanks alot, im on a budget and considering the Toasty Top but aint pulled a plugged yet.

Yes that is a Mini (or a Micro).

Their durability is much lower than a full size Dog.

Both are about as powerful and/or efficient as full size Dogs but as @NizzyJones said they are sold as toys and only available to people who already own a full size Underdog. In addition to the requirement that purchasers already own a regular Dog the Mini/Micro Dogs don't come with a power supply or stems and they also don't have a warranty. A regular Dog and all it comes with is a much better value. :2c:

It's a micro. However the minis and micros are only available to people who either already have or are buying a full size Underdog because of the durability issue. I know people have posted videos of the minis milking water pipes, haven't seen any reports on the micros yet but I believe Dave said it's the same heating element.

The Micros have either a resistor based heating element (like the Minis) or one of our custom SS cartridges in the case of (most) of the tall Micros. The product description of the Mini/Micro Dogs generally state which heater they're using. :tup:

starvingmusician24

I have a teak mini that gets ran for a little bit everyday. I'm pretty sure mine has the resistor in it and it white walls my glass no problem. :rockon:And like any other underdog product if things go south there's a small vet charge to get you back and running with your teacup underdog :lol:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Wow, amazed by the amount of feedback & answered received already :) cool. thank you everyone :).

I must say it is abit of a "turn off" to a new customer to see a product you cant buy . I would understand if they worked hand in hand but they seem to be 2 separate unite. So , cool , you can use your big dog if your small dog is out of service, but personally, id just revert to use another vape or bong if my small dog needed servicing and i didnt have a big one. according to Snappo , it could last long if treated well and i persoanaly like the fact it doesnt need pluged in 24/7. or does big dog warranty matched when buying a micro.

please enlighten me, just the fact " i cant have micro" is persuading me to keep looking at Toasty top or HI.. food for thought, wish can be helpful.

P.A.M.,
Reactions: Snappo

underdog

Manufacturer
Wow, amazed by the amount of feedback & answered received already :) cool. thank you everyone :).

I must say it is abit of a "turn off" to a new customer to see a product you cant buy . I would understand if they worked hand in hand but they seem to be 2 separate unite. So , cool , you can use your big dog if your small dog is out of service, but personally, id just revert to use another vape or bong if my small dog needed servicing and i didnt have a big one. according to Snappo , it could last long if treated well and i persoanaly like the fact it doesnt need pluged in 24/7. or does big dog warranty matched when buying a micro.

please enlighten me, just the fact " i cant have micro" is persuading me to keep looking at Toasty top or HI.. food for thought, wish can be helpful.

No problem, most everyone around here is always happy to answer questions.

Sorry that it's a 'turn off' to not be able to buy a Mini as a primary Dog. Like I said previously they're sold as toys and not stand-alone vapes due to their limited lifespan. They're also a limited time item so once they're gone they're gone.

It seems like you're primarily buying on price? If that's the case then an Underdog might not be the best option - we try and offer what we feel is the best value but not necessarily the lowest price.

If you want the cheapest price I think (keyword: think) that a TT/HI will be lower than any UD since IIRC they sell things piecemeal instead of a fully loaded kit. :2c:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
No problem, most everyone around here is always happy to answer questions.

Sorry that it's a 'turn off' to not be able to buy a Mini as a primary Dog. Like I said previously they're sold as toys and not stand-alone vapes due to their limited lifespan. They're also a limited time item so once they're gone they're gone.

It seems like you're primarily buying on price? If that's the case then an Underdog might not be the best option - we try and offer what we feel is the best value but not necessarily the lowest price.

If you want the cheapest price I think (keyword: think) that a TT/HI will be lower than any UD since IIRC they sell things piecemeal instead of a fully loaded kit. :2c:

Great, thank you, Underdog. I now better understand the reasoning behind it. Might not agree but understand better .

Im buying on price, efficiency, durability yes. I think reasoning behind price for many people is that it is a hard to justify expense even when all advantages are there. I did my research, therfor know a log vape is a good investment rather then spend and keep spending on other or more portable vapes that lack of this or that.. anything handcrafted is also a good investment to me, personally.

It does seem as though your Micro does have a good value and reputation. congrats! if you were to include tube and power supply, it could possibly be a great entry level log vape I think. It could also possibly encourage owners to invest in a "big" dog prior to their Micro needing service or when/if it finally fails.

I do respect your business decisions, it is suggestions / constructive feedback having abit of pr & communications experience in my background. to me saying, look - but you cant have - is a big no, no. I know your website indicates it is for current customers only ; perhaps keeping a database and sending to Customers Only when Available is another constructive idea to help keep present & new clients happy. It is a lost of time / joy/ happiness & false hope, when seeing the price of Micro, to click on it and realize its not for you!

makes it sound as though you prefer people owning a fullsize log so that when/if their Micro craps out, they are easier to deal with being they have a Full Log to rely on...

Sincerly,
Philip

P.A.M.,
Reactions: underdog

formicae

Sincerly,
Philip

At the risk of sounding sassy, no one owes you an Underdog on your budget, Philip. You can't get a mass-produced, mostly-plastic Chinese vaporizer worth a damn for $50, it's a bit gross to tell someone who crafts something by hand, in North America, that they should consider that as their primary price point. You're looking to buy a Big Mac at a steakhouse.

Save up, or do without, it's a pretty standard either/or.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
At the risk of sounding sassy, no one owes you an Underdog on your budget, Philip. You can't get a mass-produced, mostly-plastic Chinese vaporizer worth a damn for $50, it's a bit gross to tell someone who crafts something by hand, in North America, that they should consider that as their primary price point. You're looking to buy a Big Mac at a steakhouse.

Buying a Bamboo HI , how's that for quite standard either / or. I would have spent more of the money you ask me.to save for the TT but being a waiting period I'll simply sip a bamboo hi while a wait :)

I hand craft guitars myself. I for one know how most people want more for less. It is a sad reality . I was not telling underdog to sell the micro as their primary price point , but that perhaps including the option to everyone couldn't hurt business... I do apologise if you sense I was trying to discredit the craftsmanship or worth of the craft. Not at all. I didn't put the $50 price tag , they did . I was questioning the availability of the product more so over the price.

Point is, to me , fact I could not buy a micro if choosing to made me completely over look the company. To each their own.

I also never suggested a price. Only that if to include power supply / tube (which currently does not come.with ) it could.make a neat entry level log vape (at price they choose too ) .

But I now understand the Micro is not meant to last (yet can to some ) . And if i want one, I Must buy a full size first. Got it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Thanks for the update, sounds like the larger GonGs that we've tested in the past.. dang!

I just tested a couple of 14mm GonG's stems & the results are rather encouraging (with limitations) :D

Pros
  • Super thick glass (at least as thick as the thick D/D stem)
  • Will take standard UD GonG screens
  • Available in 18 & 14mm
  • Does not get as hot so even more convection properties
  • Delivers complete extraction
  • Highly cost effective (especially for those outside the US)
Cons
  • A bit loose in fitting but can certainly be fixed with a suitable O ring
  • Is as long as the D/D stem so pretty long
Overall I would recommend these if you have an Air Core or O rings & don't mind a bit of length (or can cut it down). I have no regrets as being 12,000km away it is good to have backup stems.

As for the cost of a UD @P.A.M. it is all relative. I don't believe there is a better value desktop on offer than a holiday special. The only addition you would want to buy is pack or two of screens as backup. The simple reality is that a Mini is a fun toy to compliment a "big dog" not the other way round.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I just tested a couple of 14mm GonG's stems & the results are rather encouraging (with limitations) :D

Pros
  • Super thick glass (at least as thick as the thick D/D stem)
  • Will take standard UD GonG screens
  • Available in 18 & 14mm
  • Does not get as hot so even more convection properties
  • Delivers complete extraction
  • Highly cost effective (especially for those outside the US)
Cons
  • A bit loose in fitting but can certainly be fixed with a suitable O ring
  • Is as long as the D/D stem so pretty long
Overall I would recommend these if you have an Air Core or O rings & don't mind a bit of length (or can cut it down). I have no regrets as being 12,000km away it is good to have backup stems.

As for the cost of a UD @P.A.M. it is all relative. I don't believe there is a better value desktop on offer than a holiday special. The only addition you would want to buy is pack or two of screens as backup. The simple reality is that a Mini is a fun toy to compliment a "big dog" not the other way round.
Yes thank you. Not sure where or if I even questioned the price at all? Have I, if someone sees where, please share ! Saying I'm on a budget is not saying I find the UD price too high . Just being conservative, shopper wise. I didn't know it was available only to past customers? figured it was an option even more better priced then a competitors product which to me is equal if not better crafted . So yeah. Please show me where I critic the price of the underdog being too high. Wow , are people.running low of vaping material or what :p

P.A.M.,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
This is going off topic but if you want to purchase a competitors product then go for gold. I was assuming that if you wanted the best value proposition (being on a budget) & wanted it within the next year or two. That would be a Holly Air Core unit. Buy one, don't buy one I am not concerned.

Top Bottom