Underdog Log Vapes

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@Tang Tonic (or anyone else with experience) Would you or someone who has used both a log and a whip style vape, of comparable quality, be willing to give a comparison or a pro/con of the two?
@Lemmings we really discourage comparisons in vape specific threads where the manufacturer is active. If you would like a comparison between these two vapes, feel free to start a thread in Ask FC or pm a member.

Lemmings

Padawan Glass Cutter
Accessory Maker
@Lemmings - if you want a cheap experiment, underdog sells silicone tubing as well. You could pick up a few feet, jam a screen in, and hit it that way.

I've always preferred direct draw stems to whips, but this would be a pretty easy way to see how you like the whip approach.

Hi jim ty! Is that really the only difference between the two styles of vaporizers? I assumed the whip style vaporizers did something different with the way they heat/operate or air path or efficiency or something. I've never held one of those types in my hand yet to see in person.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I put a lot of thought and effort into writing a post a couple hours ago, also making quite an effort to keep it on topic and useful. My post has been deleted. Would've been nice if someone had simply said something to me before deleting it, so maybe I could copy it or something. Now that I know my time and effort are not appreciated by moderators, don't expect me to donate any more of my time or effort to this site.

Thank you underdog and underdogette for all you've done for me. I appreciate it immensely.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I put a lot of thought and effort into writing a post a couple hours ago, also making quite an effort to keep it on topic and useful. My post has been deleted. Would've been nice if someone had simply said something to me before deleting it, so maybe I could copy it or something. Now that I know my time and effort are not appreciated by moderators, don't expect me to donate any more of my time or effort to this site.

Thank you underdog and underdogette for all you've done for me. I appreciate it immensely.
You quoted and replied to a post about vape comparisons that had just been addressed by a moderator.
@Lemmings we really discourage comparisons in vape specific threads where the manufacturer is active. If you would like a comparison between these two vapes, feel free to start a thread in Ask FC or pm a member.
And yet you went ahead and posted your comparative thoughts in the thread, instead of sending a PM as advised.

If you wanted to get a copy of your post sent back to you, you would have only had to ask one of the staff via PM and we would have gladly obliged. Instead you chose to bring it up in the thread which is against forum rules.

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

So that has earned you a warning point and I hope that you take up these types of issues with a staff member in the future.

:peace:

Lemmings

Padawan Glass Cutter
Accessory Maker
Please post your set up as we all love to see a pup at play.
Hey I managed to get a link to my pup in the sig but I can't find any way to make photos show up in the posts. If I paste the link directly it just displays html, if I use the insert image all u see is the bracketed tag with no active html for a link.
Let me know if the sig picture doesn't work for anyone and I'll try again.

Last edited:

Lemmings

Padawan Glass Cutter
Accessory Maker
You need to go through Imgur. It stores your photos then you can copy and paste.

Hi Carol! Did you try the sig link? That's from imgur, but it wont work in the body of the post for me for some reason. Maybe it's a Firefox thing.
I left the dead img tag in the post this time, this is after pasting in the imgur link. I would love to hear any ideas.

Tkhw3gD

Lemmings,

jim-bob

Hi jim ty! Is that really the only difference between the two styles of vaporizers? I assumed the whip style vaporizers did something different with the way they heat/operate or air path or efficiency or something. I've never held one of those types in my hand yet to see in person.
I'm sure they're not entirely the same thing, but it should at least be a decent reference point. In all honesty the closest thing I own to a whip vaporizer is an herbalaire with an optional whip attachment, but I own a ton of vapes based around direct draw stems, so I'm probably biased.

Whip tubing in general is going to be more flexible and have a smaller outside diameter than the underdog tubing, if it's the stuff I remember from a few years back. Not sure how much of a difference that makes for you. The only gotcha I can see with it is that if you have an especially small/light underdog you're going to have to keep a hand on the dog as well, because the tubing has enough stiffness to lever it around.

JESUSgotNAILED

I love how you can customize your hits by getting the stems closer to the heater. It's tricky at first but I think I am getting the hang of it. I've only combusted twice but I have excuses - the first was my first attempt using the dog (My Rockzap does NOT run anywhere near as hot. I had no idea) and the second was right after I woke up so I was groggy and forgot you have to be careful :p

Seems like the sweet spot for my unit is keeping the stems at just barely touching the heater. Too far down and I can start a fiah! I'm actually considering cancelling my VVPS order because of how charred I can get my bud.

I still need to get pictures of my new bad girl in the sun. When I do that I'll be sure to post them.

Thanks a million to Underdoge and Underdogette!

shredder

I love how you can customize your hits by getting the stems closer to the heater. It's tricky at first but I think I am getting the hang of it. I've only combusted twice but I have excuses - the first was my first attempt using the dog (My Rockzap does NOT run anywhere near as hot. I had no idea) and the second was right after I woke up so I was groggy and forgot you have to be careful :p

Seems like the sweet spot for my unit is keeping the stems at just barely touching the heater. Too far down and I can start a fiah! I'm actually considering cancelling my VVPS order because of how charred I can get my bud.

I still need to get pictures of my new bad girl in the sun. When I do that I'll be sure to post them.

Thanks a million to Underdoge and Underdogette!

I would not cancelled a buck boost oder. It's a great tool at a reasonable price.

I use mine frequently. Even when room temps drop or raise a few degrees. It really seals the deal for me. Im more of a flavor chaser and so temp control is a great help.

JESUSgotNAILED

I would not cancelled a buck boost oder. It's a great tool at a reasonable price.

I'll hold off. And I'm not sure which one that is but the one I ordered is called the Voltage Keeper. They have a thread on here Unfortunately the creator is really backed up so I don't think anyone can place new orders.

Edit - Ohhhh a buck boost is what they are actually called. Oops :p

jim-bob

I ordered a J Hook from the Accessories web page. Upon arrival, picture a wise Gandalf looking character talking to the Hulk in a tutu.
My Daughter "O Daddy, Princess like Glass Slipper! Give to me."

Me "No."

Very nice. I will post on it's demise.
I swore by the direct draw glass for the longest time, but the 14mm shorty GonG and J-hook have replaced it for me. Something about the airflow or something like that, but it's now the perfect one (and a half..) hitter.

(it also works great with the lotus)

j-bug

So I know I promised a vape spot pic a while ago, but my camera and phone have been misbehaving a bit and I just can't get a picture that I'm happy with.

Anyway, I recently acquired another wooden friend for my dog, based on what a lot of underdog users have sad about it, and while it may nominally heat up from any heat source I found that holding it over the dog only made me want to pick up a wooden stem for the dog :) not gonna do that for a while, maybe as a birthday gift to myself or maybe I'll ask for one as a gift, because picking up that one landed me in the doghouse a bit. I'm supposed to be saving money XD, but I was celebrating a raise so I guess you all now know I can rationalize most any vape related purchase.

Being in the doghouse isn't that bad though, it's pretty foggy in here from all the vapor, but it's not worth the grief to get there perhaps

Edit: just saw the mod posts above about direct vape to vape comparisons as when I posted this I hadn't yet caught up to the discussion. I hope that nothing in this comment crosses a line, that I was very carefully and consciously trying to avoid crossing here, if it does my apologies and if possible please just delete the offending portion, hope everyone is having a good one.

Last edited:

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
This has probably been covered but I just came across this voltage regulator while looking for non-ud related parts on amazon and immediately thought of the ud. Could be used as a super cheap digital voltage regulator or prettied up by mounting it in a box with ports and switches.

My dad has had my full size ud for couple months and he loves it ... going to have to convince him to get his own one of these days so I can get mine back ;)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
IMO, keeping your dog primed and ready to go 24/7 would be more safely done at a lower temp than at the desired full vaping temp if using a vvps. Full heat up from there is only a few short minutes... better for a longer dog life and much less worry for Smokey the Bear... but that's just me.

Top Bottom