Underdog Log Vapes

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Well it was indeed a dog day afternoon :tup: what a cunt of a day! After a complete prick of a commute I arrived home to a tiny package that did shock me at it's size. Upon opening it I did a quick inventory of the products & everything was present & correct :).

Unfortunately my dimmer indeed does not fit but that is preferable to the power supply not fitting! I plugged it all in & let it warm up whilst I prepared some QWISO as I felt like something stronger after the aforementioned cunt of a day. After setting up the double boiler & hotplate outside I decided on having my first taste of the future :rockon:.

What to choose? 18mm or 14mm? S/S or Glass? Water or dry? I decided on the 18mm small NonG for losing my UD virginity :nod:. I has been saving a very nice 1.9g nug since October for just such an occasion & it had matured & was a very different but strong strain.

Firstly I was shocked at the load size as it was considerably smaller than what I am used to but decided to try it. I was right I ripped it easily but felt satisfied & surprised at how big the hit was relative to the amount of bud. I spent the next 20 minutes boiling off my QWISO & by the time I sat down & collected the resin I was fucking smashed!

Now I had the time to sit & have a good look at the actual unit & parts in closer detail. I had read reports of the stems not being finished well but I have zero complaints on that front & am impressed with the simple robust design of all the parts & specifically ordered a UD because they are hand made. The beauty of the grain in mine is something that can be admired from any angle :D.

I then decided to try the 14mm GonG & have found a full basket pack that is tamped gives me one really big rip. Happy days & I have had several more whilst typing this post. I will continue my research but so far things are looking favorable that the Dog will take over daily duties in conjunction with my Air.

I consider having 1 x O/S S/S stem & 4 x NonG's in assorted sizes good insurance against breaking glass. Typing that makes me want to test out one of those O/S NonG's & there is a nice blob of QWISO sitting on my coffee table......

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have been doing a bunch of experimenting & I need to have a lie down but I would have put at least another g through the Dog in the last 4-5 hours. I am really liking this unit for a bunch of different reasons.

A full pack of the thick glass stem provides one big flavour hit, one shotgun blast & then a .22 behind the ear to finish you off. Unexpectedly enjoying this combo as I am the oversize S/S stem. If you are waiting on one they are a real treat to use & indestructible in the bargain.

The standard NonG's will need more review time & don't seem to hold enough to give the big hits I seek. They appear to be perfect for if I have a visitor over like my brother & maybe I can get my tolerance down enough to enjoy them & that is the aim. The big winner is the new O/S 18mm NonG it fucking rips huge ones & I wish I had another one :rockon:. If you don't have one go get one, seriously it fucking rips shit up.

I am also still loving the 14mm shorty GonG as that is providing very nice hits. I need a VVPS to lift the voltage slightly higher with an ext cord but I like higher temps & is quite usable as it is :). Been a big 24 hours since I got my pup but it has been put through it's paced & not been found wanting outside I want to lift the temp by a little & that is purely personal preference as I used my EQ on 230c.

The black walnut pepper mill that worked its way into my hands

69eO3Eam.jpg

My only issue is that I wish I had a couple more O/S 18mm NonG's & I could do with a couple of 14mm long GonG's to use as backup stems. I can convince myself to wait if I can convince myself that when the time comes I speak to Snappo first & get the stems for "free" with a new pup :mental:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@Stevenski - welcome to the Dog Pack man, sounds like you're having a good time testing out the Pup. :tup:

Alright UDs we got the heaters in and are now building out Dogs at maximum speed, expect a refresh in the next day or two with both high end Dogs and the Holiday Specials for those of you who missed out on those.

We'll also have the limited runs of the regular Stainless Stems, Oversized Stainless Stems, Oversized 18mm NonGs and the basic in-house VVPS available as well. Again these will all be limited stock items so get them while they're hot, etc. :cool:

CurryLeafTreehugger

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Yay!!! So for some heat control, do any of these look ok?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=tattoo+power+supply

Also, can you use a VVPS with the holiday vapes?

Yes the Holiday Vapes are compatible with VVPS, no worries there.

As far as choosing a VVPS goes I haven't had much luck recently with any of the tattoo ones. Instead I'd recommend going for a lab style one or a DIY option from eBay or one of our kitted out DIY ones when we post them soon. We can make specific suggestions if you get in touch with Underdogette. :peace:

CurryLeafTreehugger

Yes the Holiday Vapes are compatible with VVPS, no worries there.

As far as choosing a VVPS goes I haven't had much luck recently with any of the tattoo ones. Instead I'd recommend going for a lab style one or a DIY option from eBay or one of our kitted out DIY ones when we post them soon. We can make specific suggestions if you get in touch with Underdogette. :peace:

OK, I had seen on your website where you had recommended a particular tattoo style, but it was on e-bay and I don't do e-bay.

I'll just stick to the other one from your website:

http://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-HY-1502-Power-Supply-1-5/dp/B003EGYRP6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It's not that much more expensive.

Thanks, looking forward to a restocked webstore, LOL!

CurryLeafTreehugger

Cleaner screens, anyone?

I had been putting my screens in as shown in the video, with the bottom down and the "bowl" shape up - so you'd be putting your weed in the bowl of the screen.

My screens clog up really fast this way in the glass stems - for some reason they don't seem to do that as quickly in the steel tips on the nylon stems. Blowing out doesn't help as the build up is along the sides of the basket. Even scraping with a nutpick only staves off the inevitable for a short time and a lot of extra fussing about.

The other day, I got a wild hair and instead put the screen in so the bowl is DOWN and the flat bottom is at the top - when you load, the herb now rests directly on the flat of the screen with only glass on the sides.

THIS configuration blows out really easily and I have actually not had to remove the screen for cleaning since I started doing this. So far, nothing has even been sucked down between the sides of the bowl and the glass. Squeaky clean!

I'm not sure how difficult it might be to do this with the steel tips on the nylon stems. I insert them into my direct-draw glass stem (same on both ends) as it says in the video, then just push it down to the other end so the flat top is nearest to that end of the stem.

The Nylon stems with the steel tips aren't the same size on both ends, nor are the other glass stems where one end is ground glass intended to mate with a bong. I'll try to insert one from the top only basket down and see if it warps or distorts later tonight in both of these.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
I have been doing a bunch of experimenting & I need to have a lie down but I would have put at least another g through the Dog in the last 4-5 hours. I am really liking this unit for a bunch of different reasons.

A full pack of the thick glass stem provides one big flavour hit, one shotgun blast & then a .22 behind the ear to finish you off. Unexpectedly enjoying this combo as I am the oversize S/S stem. If you are waiting on one they are a real treat to use & indestructible in the bargain.

The standard NonG's will need more review time & don't seem to hold enough to give the big hits I seek. They appear to be perfect for if I have a visitor over like my brother & maybe I can get my tolerance down enough to enjoy them & that is the aim. The big winner is the new O/S 18mm NonG it fucking rips huge ones & I wish I had another one :rockon:. If you don't have one go get one, seriously it fucking rips shit up.

I am also still loving the 14mm shorty GonG as that is providing very nice hits. I need a VVPS to lift the voltage slightly higher with an ext cord but I like higher temps & is quite usable as it is :). Been a big 24 hours since I got my pup but it has been put through it's paced & not been found wanting outside I want to lift the temp by a little & that is purely personal preference as I used my EQ on 230c.

The black walnut pepper mill that worked its way into my hands

My only issue is that I wish I had a couple more O/S 18mm NonG's & I could do with a couple of 14mm long GonG's to use as backup stems. I can convince myself to wait if I can convince myself that when the time comes I speak to Snappo first & get the stems for "free" with a new pup :mental:

Glad to hear that your dog made it all the way across the world - that wasn't very long at all (from my point of view; it was probably excruciatingly long for you!) and not surprised at all that you are loving it!

The smaller bowl of the NonG shouldn't limit your ability to get big hits - they should be plenty big, but there will only be 1-3 of them per bowl unfortunately. This is one of the major reasons I prefer the glass stems. I had somehow missed the announcement of the oversized NonG's - they are pretty cool but still probably only a better choice than glass if you are prone to breaking things lol.

Cleaner screens, anyone?

I had been putting my screens in as shown in the video, with the bottom down and the "bowl" shape up - so you'd be putting your weed in the bowl of the screen.

My screens clog up really fast this way in the glass stems - for some reason they don't seem to do that as quickly in the steel tips on the nylon stems. Blowing out doesn't help as the build up is along the sides of the basket. Even scraping with a nutpick only staves off the inevitable for a short time and a lot of extra fussing about.

The other day, I got a wild hair and instead put the screen in so the bowl is DOWN and the flat bottom is at the top - when you load, the herb now rests directly on the flat of the screen with only glass on the sides.

THIS configuration blows out really easily and I have actually not had to remove the screen for cleaning since I started doing this. So far, nothing has even been sucked down between the sides of the bowl and the glass. Squeaky clean!

I'm not sure how difficult it might be to do this with the steel tips on the nylon stems. I insert them into my direct-draw glass stem (same on both ends) as it says in the video, then just push it down to the other end so the flat top is nearest to that end of the stem.

The Nylon stems with the steel tips aren't the same size on both ends, nor are the other glass stems where one end is ground glass intended to mate with a bong. I'll try to insert one from the top only basket down and see if it warps or distorts later tonight in both of these.

Upside down screens all the way! The load cooks more evenly and it's easier to stir as well! They are a little annoying to get into the GonG but it is doable. I have better luck putting them in from the top than through the 14mm ground glass end, which compresses them a little too much.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Upside down screens all the way!

I've been using the inverted basket screen for years. I do prefer it mostly because it makes stirring easier IMO. However I have found that I still need to replace the screen quite frequently in both screen configurations. I have lots of screens, so I just swap 'em out every few days and dump them in a jar of iso until it's time to clean them all (which just means rinsing in water and letting dry).:2c:

:peace:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Glad to hear that your dog made it all the way across the world - that wasn't very long at all (from my point of view; it was probably excruciatingly long for you!) and not surprised at all that you are loving it!

The smaller bowl of the NonG shouldn't limit your ability to get big hits - they should be plenty big, but there will only be 1-3 of them per bowl unfortunately. This is one of the major reasons I prefer the glass stems. I had somehow missed the announcement of the oversized NonG's - they are pretty cool but still probably only a better choice than glass if you are prone to breaking things lol.

The pup took longer to get from Sydney to Sydney than from Cali to Sydney. Slightly annoying seeing it in limbo for 5 days with customs but I purchased it as a birthday gift (no one else gets me things I will use daily!) so am 3 weeks ahead of schedule in reality & a rather happy chappy.

I am thinking I made the right choice with the NonG's as the small ones need to be filled properly & I get 1 massive rip & then a 2nd smaller one after a stir. Very satisfying for me to use & it is already helping get my tolerance down to more prudent levels. I have 4 x NonG's & 2 x GonG's & that is to ensure I am never "out" of hardware.

I don't think I will need a VVPS as my UD runs perfectly as it is. What I thought was a heat issue just required the screen raised 1mm & looks like I will be trying inverted screens when I have to clean them out.

Overall I am pretty pleased with the newest family member & what is most surprising is the fact I love the thick glass D/D stem. It is a little warm but rich & very satisfying at the same time.

Top Bottom