Underdog Log Vapes

chisholm

Aromatherapatient
I plan on using my UD with a water pipe. Is there an advantage to the WoNG versus something like the Arizer elbow?:
glass-elbow-adapter.jpg

I saw a guy use it in this video:

It seems like it would be easier to hold the UD sideways as in the video. Although, the WoNG would be more durable. Am I missing something?

chisholm,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I plan on using my UD with a water pipe. Is there an advantage to the WoNG versus something like the Arizer elbow?:
glass-elbow-adapter.jpg

LOL. That "guy" is SlightlyMedicated. He's a legend!

I don't have an EQ so I can only judge by what I see on the video. I'll say that, with the WonG, it's simply a lot easier, smoother. You may notice that he looks a little awkward trying to use the elbow setup. No awkwardness with the WonG. It just sits in the pipe, and then all you do is bring the UD itself to the Wong. No fiddling. And your heat source is then closer to your material, which can be beneficial.

I would definitely go with a WonG or GonG and not the EQ elbow, if you have the choice. The EQ elbow seems to work okay, but based on how easily I can use my WonG, it seems like a better choice. But I'm no expert!

:2c:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
glass-elbow-adapter.jpg

I saw a guy use it in this video:

Nope, you could just stick a piece of silicone with a screen on the barbed end of that and be good to go. You can find those a lot cheaper than a WonG as well. :2c:

underdog,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

djonkoman

personally I would think that elbow isn't as convenienmt, since you would always have to use it on an angle, and so you always have to hold the UD and support it's weight.
with my WonG's I usually support it too since the cord has the tendency to pull it to one side a bit, but if I want to use my hand I can balance it on there without holding for a while(the other hand is used to hold the bong), while hitting it

personally I would think that elbow isn't as convenienmt, since you would always have to use it on an angle, and so you always have to hold the UD and support it's weight.

I tend to agree that holding it sideways the entire time might be a little tiring after a while.

Still, here's another video along with one of the best UD milks I've ever seen.

JCruiser

I just got my Dog friday and i started using one of my Q elbows almost immediately. I didnt really like the Wong. Of couse, i just got it and im still figuring out how to best pack and use the different stems(wong included).
Im pairing it with an HT and holding the dog sideways seems really easy this way.
Has anybody used the little e-nano all glass gongs with the UD? I think one of those with a HT would make a nice little setup

JCruiser,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Visiting my sister in the cornfields of Illinois. She's bought couple of vapes before (like me) but was never really happy with them. After her first few tokes on my DOG, especially after she saw how little herb was needed, she declared "I want one of these!" :love:

Pups pretty much sell themselves, don't they? :nod:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Visiting my sister in the cornfields of Illinois. She's bought couple of vapes before (like me) but was never really happy with them. After her first few tokes on my DOG, especially after she saw how little herb was needed, she declared "I want one of these!" :love:

Pups pretty much sell themselves, don't they? :nod:
i think that happens to every one that uses an UnderDog:rockon:

i feel like there is nothing my UD w/ stock power supply can't do.. hash, kief, herb.. i just adjust the screen if i need a temp change..

Darkedhunter

Hey everyone! I'm having some problems lately when it comes to using my Underdog with water filtration. My setup is a Bocote Twig connected to a SSFG travel beaker with a Bocote WonG.

Last time I used this setup, I put a larger amount than I do in a normal glass stem (about 50-75% roughly). Water levels were just above the downstem.

When inhaling, I inhaled very slowly, slower then my normal draws. I got one kinda wispy hit, then one stronger one (equivalent to a normal underdog hit) and then the stem was done.

Is it normal for water filtration to burn through herb so quickly? I seem to be getting vastly inconsistent results...

Darkedhunter,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Is it normal for water filtration to burn through herb so quickly? I seem to be getting vastly inconsistent results...

Hitting through water doesn't necessarily burn through your herb more quickly, but will often happen because it's so easy to just keep pulling. But that does sound sort of fast. Sometimes what happens to me is that after one hit, lots of material gets stuck to the screen, and then on my next hit, if I don't scrape/stir, the material will get darkly toasted and be almost gone without my getting any more hits. Or.... maybe the hits you took were just bigger than it seems?

EveryDayAmnesiac,

Darkedhunter

It's possible, but I don't think so. I have a pretty low tolerance, and I was not feeling it hit quite as hard. Normally half a trench in a MFLB has me extremely medicated. I had to use another stem after this particular water gilt rated session to get where I needed to be. =/

Is there something obvious in regards to technique that I'm missing?

Darkedhunter,

EveryDayAmnesiac

It's possible, but I don't think so. I have a pretty low tolerance, and I was not feeling it hit quite as hard. Normally half a trench in a MFLB has me extremely medicated. I had to use another stem after this particular water gilt rated session to get where I needed to be. =/

Not that I can tell from your description. New vapes can take some getting used to though. Just keep trying with different draws until you find the one. I find that it works better to draw on the higher end of medium, but not "fast." If you're still having troubles, post a video of your technique and the UD elders will figure it out. I'm still (almost) a noob myself...

One thing... make sure the material is close enough to the heater. I find I get best results when it and the material are almost touching. And make sure you're fully inhaling and holding it in. You probably are, but... just in case! ;)

EveryDayAmnesiac,

that herb guy

I've had certain strains that seemed to disappear through water. Or maybe it was just that it was much drier than most I get. It was pretty much what you describe, a warm up whispy hit, followed by a milk hit, followed by maybe another whispy hit.

I've found those buds are usually best via direct draw.

that herb guy

Just got another reminder that I'm glad the 'dog is one tough SOB. It stays on an end table, so most falls get the carpet, but was between rooms today and smacked it on the tile. Small dent, but no loose parts/internal jingle and still heats like a champion. I know it's not suggested, but nice to know it can take a little abuse, for those less than graceful among us;).

EveryDayAmnesiac

Just got another reminder that I'm glad the 'dog is one tough SOB. It stays on an end table, so most falls get the carpet, but was between rooms today and smacked it on the tile. Small dent, but no loose parts/internal jingle and still heats like a champion. I know it's not suggested, but nice to know it can take a little abuse, for those less than graceful among us;).

I pat myself on the back every day for my UD purchase. :nod:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Attention anyone who just ordered a VVPS:

We're still getting used to the new VVPS's and the cords and things that go with it. I may have forgot to put a power cord in with some of the orders that just went out - so when you get your package, please let us know if you're missing one and we'll get it shipped out immediately!

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
you guys are awesome, i just wanted to pop in and say.. i love your product, and your attitudes.. that's a huge selling point alone.. and that's not even considering how the UD kicks ass all day every day.. w/ other log vapes out there to chose from.. you guys being part of the equation, makes it even easier to choose and support the UD IMO.. i love that thing.. keep doing your thing, you make a lot of people happy:rockon:

P.S. that haiku offer is exactly the kind of thing i'm talking about.. right on

King

Accessory Maker
Is there any downside to keeping the aromatherapy cup on a running dog 24/7? The cup is full of wax and oil.

Hoops

Just ordered a WonG and cup/hook and received shipping notification at almost mid-night on a Friday. I love doing business with you guys, thanks. Enjoy the weekend.

Top Bottom