Underdog Log Vapes

EveryDayAmnesiac

THIS.

this is exactly how i feel when i get home from work. i walk into my room which smells like a hint of lemon thanks to my UD with the aromatherapy cup and grab my long stem WonG to take the first hit of the day. ahhhhh. so nice. same sequence of events Monday through Friday for me. makes getting home that much more enjoyable and helps me relax so much easier from the burden of the day.

so i'm right there with you my UnderDawg.

Home from work? I could never wait that long! :lol:

Just ordered myself one of them aromatherapy cups last week and should be here soon. How many drops of oil do you tend to use? Like, how much is overkill?

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

that herb guy

Decided to get off my butt and post the 'new' arrival/setup. Took these several nights ago and FC didn't want to upload them right for some reason (lol user-error after fog).

As always, sorry for the shit quality. I tried to get them a little sharper, but I can't tell I had any effect. Need to break down and buy a new camera.

First up is, (I believe) the blue mahoe 14mm taper stem! - couple of angles
G3z1Mdw.jpg

faMmb93.jpg

EarSDU5.jpg

If I am hitting direct draw anymore, it's through this. They called this stem 'cracked' which I would disagree with. There's a portion where it gets a little rough and looks like it drilled a little uneven (one side wall thicker than the other, very slightly) but it came at severe discount and quite honestly I would have paid full price for this. Will be ordering another soon.

14mm Walnut WonG
NndoLsg.jpg

Not much else to say on the WonG's, though I do like the new glass insert style. Maybe it is only for the 14mm, my 18mm glass insert itself is wider at one end and just wedges into the wood to secure. This one has the lip and is more held in place by the silicone sleeve and the stem. Less risk to damage the wood by pressure from the inside.

THG's Lazy Night Dog Whip - Heat port end, WPA end, and attached
iniAXSx.jpg

oXeTYZp.jpg

GQCeRhh.jpg

Really simple set up. I cut a bit of thick wall tube, inserted a short glass section to connect to the more flexible thin wall (and to support screen like in the SGS's), about 14in thin wall tubing, then the thin wall connects to my 18mm WonG and into the bub. Originally I cut a shorter section of thin wall but found myself wishing it was just a liiiiitle bit longer to have a little more slack to work with. It does add degree of drag to the piece, but no more than using it with an additional downstem. I like to use this with the dog laying on it's side, can just remove the flower from the heat without worrying about tip/spilling the load and chug away. Can also hook up the tapered stem for use without water ;).

:science:

NEVERnotWORKING

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA!
Home from work? I could never wait that long! :lol:

Just ordered myself one of them aromatherapy cups last week and should be here soon. How many drops of oil do you tend to use? Like, how much is overkill?

i've been using about three-four drops per about 30-40 mins. (haven't really timed it as I keep my dog on my desk and I regularly monitor it)

I usually add some beeswax to the essential oil at the suggestion of Underdogette, it actually makes the oil last a bit longer and best it solidifies when cooled for spill-free storage.

I'd say definitely experiment with it :science: .

that herb guy

+1 on that wax tip. Honestly I load the little bucket ~1/3 the way full and drop in 2 pieces of wax. When cool, it coats the top and the bottom is still mostly liquid oil. It will last a week or two that way.

EveryDayAmnesiac

Got a little care package from a site called underdogvapes.com today. Thanks for the fast shipping as always. :tup:

Didn't get a new Dog, I'm afraid... but some aromatheraphy and screens... and a little surprise. Thanks for the little bonus! Needed a replacement. :)

I'm liking the all-paper packing. And the stickers to hold it around the oils. :tup:

There was one thing seriously wrong with my order though: the label on the patchouli oil didn't have the Underdog logo like the other oils did. I was pretty upset about it. :lol:

Yes, I ordered some patchouli oil.... but only for old time's sake! :myday:

I did find about four drops and three bits o' beeswax in the aromatherapy cup to work quite well for quite a while. However, simply having the bottles out of the package made the entire room smell good... even with the plastic still around them. Not even sure I need to open them to use them! :D

Smilies are fun.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i use about 3-4 drops of my lemon essential oil in the cup at a time. at the moment i've been experimenting with using a bit of cotton of a q-tip in the aromatherapy cup to good success. the cotton holds on to the oil and diffuses it at a slower rate than just oil alone. the cotton doesn't burn when left in the cup for long periods of time either. i've had my piece of cotton in for quite a while now and you can't tell the difference from day 1.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Just discovered something that makes replacing screens MUCH easier. :D I found that if I squeeze the silicone rather firmly with the thumb and 2 fingers of one hand while the other hand pushes the screen into the stem with the the provided dowel, the screen goes in MUCH easier. :science:

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
Hey UD, could I by any chance buy a few SS stems. Just the tips? Would love to have SS tip on end of a glass tube with a curve in the glass. I like the old school style. Easier to clean. I would also like the SS tip fit inside the heater. Either way I'd like to have a couple of those SS stem tips. Thanks again dude. Just let let know when ever. No hurry.

BUZZHEAD.

UD, MZ, CRZ , PD

BUZZHEAD,

ckannaSr

Yikes! (Got my UD Saturday) and that first hit "got" me good -- cough, sputter,etc. I have been using my Zap as my daily vaporizer but it tends to "eat up transformers" so I wanted to get another log just in case -- especially since Rick is now out of business. So I've been scanning the log forums and, truth be told, my first choice was a TT but too long to wait so I started reading the UD forum from the beginning and that convinced me to go UD before I even got to Msg 25!

I absolutely love my UD -- that easy draw, plenty of heat. It outperforms every vaporizer I have and that is quite a few. I'm still in the exploration stage and so I have to use it a lot:ko:. I'm getting used to the silicone and am trying to keep an open mind:|. I am continuing to read up on the forum for all those helpful hints. Thank you UD and forum.

treecityrnd

Here's a nice video of my Ash Underdog.
Nice dog. Pesonally (after owning a PD and other logs with lights) I don't ever (again) want a bright light and external branding on my log screaming to everyone in the room "I'm a strange device, notice me!" Not easy to explain to some...
My aromatherapy Dogs look great and "make my home smell nice." No questions asked. But I love to explain (and show) them to anyone still torching their medications.

I_wanted_truth

Nice dog. Pesonally (after owning a PD and other logs with lights) I don't ever (again) want a bright light and external branding on my log screaming to everyone in the room "I'm a strange device, notice me!" Not easy to explain to some...
My aromatherapy Dogs look great and "make my home smell nice." No questions asked. But I love to explain (and show) them to anyone still torching their medications.

THIS is what drew me to the UD. State of the art electronics housed in a beautiful wooden sculpture.

Darkedhunter

So, after using my UD a lot more since I got it, I definitely worked it all out (the trick is to not slobber all over the medication:uhoh: ). And WOW! A little definitely goes a long way in this vape. :D It is the most quality piece I have ever had the pleasure of using. I like the glass stem the most, and find it is what I gravitate towards using the majority of the time.

That being said, I did try the silicon stem hooked up to my little bubbler. The bubbler doesn't have a GG connection, so I just kinda stuck it in there. The first draw I was disappointed because I didn't think I was getting any vapor. It was a tad bit surprising when I exhaled a HUGE cloud. I had to sit down because that one draw hit me like a ton of bricks. O.O Was not expecting to enjoy using water so much.

So I ordered a Travel Beaker form SSFG, and think I may have to talk to Dave to see if a Bocote WonG is possible.

EveryDayAmnesiac

So, after using my UD a lot more since I got it, I definitely worked it all out (the trick is to not slobber all over the medication:uhoh: ). And WOW! A little definitely goes a long way in this vape. :D It is the most quality piece I have ever had the pleasure of using. I like the glass stem the most, and find it is what I gravitate towards using the majority of the time.

That being said, I did try the silicon stem hooked up to my little bubbler. The bubbler doesn't have a GG connection, so I just kinda stuck it in there. The first draw I was disappointed because I didn't think I was getting any vapor. It was a tad bit surprising when I exhaled a HUGE cloud. I had to sit down because that one draw hit me like a ton of bricks. O.O Was not expecting to enjoy using water so much.

So I ordered a Travel Beaker form SSFG, and think I may have to talk to Dave to see if a Bocote WonG is possible.

I've been using the UD with my SSFG Travel Beaker exclusively. You will love it! :tup:

AdmiralAlpacha

For some reason or another my dog had worked it's way out of my rotation for at least a month probably more. Well a couple nights ago I pulled him out, heated him up and can't get myself to stop using him. I had been using my portable due to its portability and larger load size, it is also the one my roommates are most comfortable with. But anyway my pup has been treating me well for a few days now, and from the looks of it that's the way it's going to stay.

After switching between vapes the underdogs efficiency and how drag free the draw is really stands out.

If it isn't obvious I am pretty foggy as I type this and wish I would have pulled my pup out sooner :tup:

Edit:
Also: After getting my roommate as interested in glass as I got myself, he purchased a mobius matrix bubbler. We hooked up my underdog with it and WOW that is a match made in heaven.
I managed to snatch it before he combusted out of it, now that it is going to be all dirty, ill have to find a way to get my own.

This sativa sure is making me talkative.

djonkoman

I just received a nice surprise, a package from america
and in that package 2 WonG's
just tested out one pf the 2 and it works great, I rubed them with a little underbutter on my finger and that really made the colors pop out. one is jatoba, the other almost all black black&white ebony.
and now I'm getting hungry so I'm going to make a grilled cheese sandwich

Hiro

So much info in here, I've been researching vaping for a little over two weeks now, I think I am finally ready to say fuck combustion. Also thanks to this awesome forum, I now know that I only want a UD, it seems to fit my situation perfectly. My question is, where do you guys get the attachments to use it with a bong? And if you just use it with the standard glass tube, are the hits harsh at all/hot?

treecityrnd

where do you guys get the attachments to use it with a bong? And if you just use it with the standard glass tube, are the hits harsh at all/hot?
Dave will hok you up, just email him. If Dave doesn't have the adaptors (thick silicone and all WonGs fit perfectly, so do the Glass/Silicone stems Dave sells) then your LHS will have a 14-18mm reducer or expander, whatever your needs.

I've only had a harsh hit out of a "standard" log vape all glass stem when I pack it with leaf, bubble and oil. And that was my fault for going overboard. Never because of the log, even when hitting direct draw IMO. And the heat can be adjusted by draw speed and distance from the port.

Tell us about your glassware...14 or 18mm downstem? Pics (some aroung here say "pictures or it didn't happen)?

treecityrnd,

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
Whatever happened to the guy up in Canada that blew glass n sold it on FC ? He and Tom from PD where good friends. I think he was called Glass_Dome maybe ? He was one of the best glass blowers I ever seen, could make anything. I bought a few peices from him and still use them today. That's been about 3 years ago.

UD, CRZ, PD, MZ

BUZZHEAD,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Whatever happened to the guy up in Canada that blew glass n sold it on FC ? He and Tom from PD where good friends. I think he was called Glass_Dome maybe ? He was one of the best glass blowers I ever seen, could make anything. I bought a few peices from him and still use them today. That's been about 3 years ago.

UD, CRZ, PD, MZ

I think it was Clear_Dome, but i don't know what happened to him. :shrug:

vorrange,

Hiro

Tell us about your glassware...14 or 18mm downstem? Pics (some aroung here say "pictures or it didn't happen)?

I actually don't have anything at the moment. But do you have any recommendations? Should I just get a standard bong, or a bubbler as well?

Hiro,

djonkoman

So much info in here, I've been researching vaping for a little over two weeks now, I think I am finally ready to say fuck combustion. Also thanks to this awesome forum, I now know that I only want a UD, it seems to fit my situation perfectly. My question is, where do you guys get the attachments to use it with a bong? And if you just use it with the standard glass tube, are the hits harsh at all/hot?
if you want the most convenient and most asthetic option, send a message to dave(or amanda, underdogette) for a WonG(wood on glass)
I just got 2 this morning and they rock!(or actually they wood...;) )

but if the connecton on your bong is a 14 mm GonG you can also use the simple glass stem with a piece f the thinwalled silicon tubing(provided with the underdog/simple glass stem) to make a seal, or you can take a piece of the thickwalled tubing and cut a taper to one end.

I do recommend some sort of diffusion, when my diffused downstem broke I rarely used my bong anymore, the diffusion makes it possibe to take a slower and more steady/constant drag.

edit:
as to recommendations, you could check out the glass subforum.
I now own a bong and a bubbler(well, a precooler I use as bubbler), and my opinion is:
standard bong is easier to clean, I have an ehle 250 ml, and with diffused downstem it's an excellent piece, while not too expensive(I live in europe, so low shipping costs played a role too)
then the bubbler, a precooler with a j-hook(sometimes I use it without j-hook if I want a short vaporpath). it has an 8-arm tree percolator, so not so easy to clean, I can easily put the tap to an end and so thoroughly rinse it with hot or cold water. it's cheap glass, but it functions well so far. it makes less noise(with the ehle the bubbles break on the glass wich makes a cling-sound, and the tube-shape amplifies the bubbling I think), sometimes convenient on the same level that the noise of chips can be annoying on some ocassions.(moviewatching)
the shape also makes it easier to keep my eyes on the tv while hitting.
also it clears a lot faster, for some odd reason with the ehle the vapor keeps lingering in the tube longer while clearing, it basically is partly thinned down by the incoming air while with the precooler/bubbler Ican see it getting all replaced by the incoming air instead of thinned.
but I do have to pay attention to the angle I hold it to let most of the arms bubble.

price of both was about the same I think, the precooler/j-hook combo a bit cheaper if I include the diffused dowbstem in the price of the ehle.
this is the precooler:
http://www.head-nature.com/tree/304...704/Weedstar-Precooler-with-8-Arms-Percolator
with this J-hook
http://www.head-nature.com/article/06495/"Saxobong"-Mouthpiece-18.8mm-connection

and this is the ehle 250 ml(although I bought mine off EDIT, headnature is cheaper I think, didn't know of them yet when I bought the ehle):
http://www.head-nature.com/tree/303...-OK/Ehle-Bong-straight-250ml-without-kickhole
with this downstem:
http://www.head-nature.com/tree/294.../Ehle-Diffuser-Adapter-14.5mm-for-250ml-bongs

djonkoman,

Slothington

Passive Member
Anyone else get static cling with their stems? When I go to stir inside the stem after taking a draw or five, herb leaps out at me, crawls up to the tip of the stem, hangs around the outside, clings onto whatever I use to stir with (SS or glass). It's amusing, but I end up wearing it. I think I can get around the issue by dumping out the herb and then hoovering it back into the stem, but it would be great if I could just stir inside the stem.

Slothington,
Top Bottom