Underdog Log Vapes

EveryDayAmnesiac

I actually don't have anything at the moment. But do you have any recommendations? Should I just get a standard bong, or a bubbler as well?

If you're looking for something that works well for the UD specifically and is modestly priced, try these... I sort of have a rule about not spending much more than $100 on glass, as I find anything more expensive than that to ruin my buzz because I'm so worried about being around the goddamn glass. I've never actually OWNED expensive glass though, so... maybe it's different when you own it. Anyway...

As of late, I've been pairing my Underdog with the SSFG Travel Beaker here:
http://ssfgglass.com/shop/product.php?id_product=71

It works very well, and the beaker itself is frickin awesome for that price. But there's only one left so you'd better hurry if you want that one. Make sure to upgrade to the $15 diffused stem. The SSFG customer service is fantastic.

I just yesterday ordered this piece:
http://www.errld.com/product/mini-rigs

Haven't tried it yet but looks like it'll make a great backup to my SSFG/UD. It also looks even better for travelling, as it's so small and sturdy and will fit into just about any bag with your UD. I can't imagine tipping it over unless actually trying to. I ordered mine with a 14mm female joint to make it easier for vaporizing.

I also have/am considering the rest of these for future purchase to go along with my UD specifically:

http://ssfgglass.com/shop/product.php?id_product=15

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...vy-glass-mini-beaker-with-rasta-colors-3.html

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/hvy-glass/hvy-glass-12-inch-clear-straight-tube.html

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/wicked-sands-glass-tiny-sidecar-vapor-bubbler.html

http://www.nnsoutpost.com/bent-glass-nighthawk-b7-38.html

http://www.ioffer.com/i/12-12-arm-bubbler-uber-joint-75mm-water-pipe-528795658

This one is more expensive but pretty cool:
http://www.fuzionsb.com/Glass/scien...-bubblers/k-nine-tubes-pug-macro-bubbler.html

I think any of those have potential for pairing up nicely with your UD!

EDIT
Slothington, I have that same problem with the thicker silicone, so I always use the thin silicone and glass stems, or thin silicone over my WonG. But I found that the more I used the thicker silicone, the less of a problem I had. :shrug:

I own both the SSFG travel beaker and the HVY tubes listed above. Both are good, but I prefer and use the SSFG more. It doesn't matter how many are left as they frequently restock. Contact Allison, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

Those Errld mini rigs sure are nice, and I'm definitely going to order one... but keep in mind that they are male GonG joints stock, so you may need an adapter.

kingofnull,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I own both the SSFG travel beaker and the HVY tubes listed above. Both are good, but I prefer and use the SSFG more. It doesn't matter how many are left as they frequently restock. Contact Allison, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

Those Errld mini rigs sure are nice, and I'm definitely going to order one... but keep in mind that they are male GonG joints stock, so you may need an adapter.

Yep. But you can order them with the female joint in the options!

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Yep. But you can order them with the female joint in the options!
Nice, I'm going to go place an order right now. Thanks!

Sorry for the derail...

Hey UD team, would someone mind dropping this little piece from about 4-feet so I can purchase it as a Lost Dog :lol:

dde9979f16c16da13870fcaea3e0a379_f736.jpg

:mmmm:

NEVERnotWORKING

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA!
I actually don't have anything at the moment. But do you have any recommendations? Should I just get a standard bong, or a bubbler as well?

thought i'd give my :2c:.

I currently use my dog one of three ways: bong, bubbler, or woodstem. In experimenting with all, I can say I prefer using the bubbler and woodstem. I feel vaporizing in general is best through a smaller glass piece as there is less air-to-vapor ratio so to speak. The difference between all three is essentially how fast you can vapor your material. My Roor straight tube is able to take two milky hits before I consider my material abv (I can take about four milky hits if I have a packed bowl), that number is double with my bub, and it's about seven to ten with the woodstem. My advice is to stick to glass that is easy to clean and something with a downstem that makes awesome bubbles :nod:.

Here's how I use my dog with my glass bub if you're curious:
Before/After: (L: makeshift connector using silicone downstem and hairband. Middle: the wong. R: Woodstem)
qugjgzvl.jpg

My woodstems and wongs: to the left is the glass stem within the woodstem that is easily removed for convenient cleaning. (Gets kind of grimy after two/three sessions)

XRAHXy7l.jpg

3D9pnTPl.jpg

Hope everybody has a good weekend, keep it foggy :cheers:.

djonkoman

I'm keeping it foggy for sure:ko: had a breakfast of pancakes, leftover from dinner last night(here in the netherlands pancakes are dinnerfood, not breakfast), then out in the cold for a while(about -5 degrees celsius outside), but once I was back the underdog had warmed up(since I clicked the switch before I left), I made some coffee and now I only have a little coffee in the thermoscan remaining, and I'm vaped, nice begin of a saturday:D
and after 1 day of extensively testing I can say the WonG's improve my sessions a lot(by convenience), and on top of that look awesome.

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
Hey NEVERnotWORKING, where did you get that wood stem with glass über from, love to try one of those. Let me know please.
Thanks a lot

BUZZHEAD,

that herb guy

Welcome to the 'pack' Hiro :clap:. Beautiful vape. Do yourself a huge favor and drop another ~$50 on a water pipe with a GonG joint to vape through. I made the switch over from combustion couple of months ago myself, you're going to love it.

that herb guy,

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
Congrats. Hiro, I been watching that dog for awhile.. I got made of black walnut. That was my 2nd. Choice. If it was still there in a few more days I woulda got it. Happy for you tho, being ur first log vape. Your gonna love that thing. It's a awesome looking pup. I'm sure you will raise it into a great dog and friend.

BUZZHEAD,

treecityrnd

Congrats Hiro. Beautiful dog. I've got a black oak too. Love all the variations in the woods. The"rustic" is amazing.
I've never spent more then 20$ on anything, cheap bowls and plastic bongs, so this is big for me.

I am so sick of the harsh crappy taste from combustion, and I think I made the right choice.
If you're disappointed or have buyers remorse, I'll take it off your hands anytime.

Do yourself a huge favor and drop another ~$50 on a water pipe with a GonG joint to vape through. I made the switch over from combustion couple of months ago myself, you're going to love it.

Ditto. Or more $ when you feel comfortable. High quality vapes deserve high quality glassware IMO. Not necessary, but I like to spoil my dogs.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I was wondering when that rustic oak would find a home. Congrats, Hiro. Welcome to the dog pound. :dog: Can't believe the bloodwood genie lamp hasn't been snatched up yet.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ Buzz -cool, sounds good dude we'll get them added here in the next week or two I'm sure.. if you need one sooner than that you can always message Underdogette directly.

@ Hiro - I think you'll really like it, the wood is pretty uniquely awesome.. :cool:

Alright, back in the (office work) saddle again after another long weekend in which I didn't answer a whole lot of emails. As usual I'll be plowing through them and should have them all answered shortly (should be today) but if you've sent us a message and haven't gotten a response by this evening just send us a reminder or something to make sure the message didn't get lost.

Lots of stuff going on this week: working on pieces for the coming refresh, getting in some R&D time, adding a few items to the website and tweaking a few things here and there (it's much faster now eh?!) and working on a couple custom jobs.

Oh and we finally got the stickers in, and they're awesome! Underdogette will take a couple pictures and post them later on for all to see. ;)

Alright Dogs.. off to answer emails and open the shop. :peace:

underdog,
Reactions: placetime

that herb guy

HES - that the SSFG straight tube? Looks like a nice hit. Honestly the long stem I had made still hasn't seen water, can't get it off of the direct draw rotation LOL.

It's funny how quick the silicone just becomes adapter replacements after a while, once you get the right stems :ko:.

that herb guy,
Reactions: Stu

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Alright, so we're working on changing the way the website calculates shipping... but until we get that project finished, the website's minimum shipping charge is $5.15 for a small flat rate box. So I've got the stickers up, but if you don't have any other accessories to order too - you might want to wait until we get the shipping charges changed!

Anyway - here are the stickers! http://www.underdogvapes.com/accessories/ud-sticker/

Square_UD_Sticker_40D_04051.JPG

Oval_UD_Sticker_40D_04052.JPG

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
HES - that the SSFG straight tube? Looks like a nice hit. Honestly the long stem I had made still hasn't seen water, can't get it off of the direct draw rotation LOL.

It's funny how quick the silicone just becomes adapter replacements after a while, once you get the right stems :ko:.

it's a Left Coast tube actually. i can definitely see how you could have gotten it mixed up; lots of straight tubes look the same to me :p My long stem isn't used as a water adapter often but definitely sees its way around the water piece rotation. I really enjoy it for direct draw and if i'm being really lazy i can just use it as an adapter instead of swapping to the 14mm WonG. having that option makes it that much more awesome to me.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You young-uns have it too easy, I tell ya'. I remember when the wood stem was the only way we had to vaporbong with wood and the UD. We'd walk two miles uphill both ways in the snow.... barefoot of course..... only to have to manually hold the wood interface between our UDs and glass..... Now you've got all these fancy WonGs and GonGs and Bongs and god knows what else you kids are up to these days.... :myday:

:peace:

that herb guy

Ah, was that beefy joint for the downstem that got me curious.
I probably would have tried that by now if my main piece wasn't an 18mm.

Got curious to see if now that I've gotten the hang of things I could milk one of the bigger tubes, it actually worked pretty well. I couldn't get the same density as my usual piece, but the rips were gigantic. The dog is a beast.

AdmiralAlpacha

If I got a variable power supply, would it be possible to get my dog down to 325 degrees?

I tried that temperature tonight to test the bronchodiolating effects of marijuana, and it was really enjoyable. I don't care much for my extreme Q, it would be really nice if I could bump my dog down that low.

AdmiralAlpacha,
Top Bottom