Underdog Log Vapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha I tend to hold a lot of things like a pencil, which is weird because my handwriting is awful XD

I thought of something last night Dave after foggin up. I use a 2pc grinder because I like the grind it gives plus I don't care much for saving keif, but the problem is I never have a place to dump it so I can suck it into my stem. I thought what if you made little wooden dishes that also have a spout type end on them so when I am done I can dump the remainder back into my grinder.

I don't know if that is something other people would use or not, but I know once I get my first pay check from this new job I would definitely be in the market for one :p I tried drawing up my idea maybe ill scan it and post it when I get home.

What ever works man :tup:

I like your idea of those wooden dishes btw.

I grind with a two-piece for a fine grind & then dump it in my 4 piece because I also like to collect kief.

But I always dump my load to stir it in between hits with certain stems I use, & a nice little caddy that could hold a stem, a stir tool & one of those dishes to dump the load in instead would be awesome!

I now use a tiny glass dish I got off ebay for a buck fifty including shipping from Hong Kong (a tip from mr. WatTyler, they're originally intended as cheap dab-dishes I believe), it's not a good picture of it but it's the little dish with the lid in between my four piece and the front tin with the blue lid:

minip1010978.jpg

edit: Djonko, I think most people are to greedy to clear it that way. We also want the vapor that is IN the downstem itself :tup:

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

yeah I sometimes see a waft of vapor coming out the dowstem when I take the UD or bowl off, if I'm sufficiently vaped it makes me feel like a cowboy(not with a waft of smoke coming out a gun, but a waft of vapor out the downstem), but it's so little I never really thought about that, eventough with other aspects I limit waste(like catching those tiny pieces of weed that fall next to the bowl)
but I noticed that with hash it sometimes seems as of the hash itself is still putting out some vapor after removal of the UD(also just a waft sometimes, but a bit bigger as the ocassional downstem waft)

I do the clearing and lifting of the dowbstem at the same time though, so it could be I still get the downstemvapor most of the time in the beginning of clearing

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I hadn't thought about it myself either (& we're suppose to be greedy Dutchmen!), but when I was reading about the pro's and cons of carb holes it was brought up several times up as one of the cons for the carb hole solution; leaving smoke in the downstem itself when clearing.

I often keep inhaling until shortly after removing the vape from the stem nowadays to even get the vapor that might still be in the stem itself, before removing the stem to clear the pipe itself :lol:

OhTheAgony,

AdmiralAlpacha

I never thought about removing the whole downstem, ill try it out and give my opinion. I am worried with my clumsiness it will be one more thing for me to break though XD

@OTA great looking setup, I like how you use a cup to hold your stems, stirrers, etc

AdmiralAlpacha,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That's actually not a cup but a small tea-light holder I picked up around Christmas somewhere.

I have it's bigger brother too:

minip1020087.jpg

The smaller one is 2" in diameter & the bigger one is almost twice that & 4 inches tall.

Don't mind the silly cat in the background btw. The balcony is usually his territory, I'm merely a guest there.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey JD thanks for the order it should ship out tomorrow, you'll get automatically get a tracking email from the shipping software once it does.

Busy day in the shop today so you Dogs will have to entertain yourselves (as usual lately lol) while I slave away over a hot lathe.. :p

:peace:

underdog,
Reactions: JDSupreme

djonkoman

sounds like almost the opposite of my day, I put my vvps, dog and bong outside, set up a chair in the shade of a bush('kronkeljazelaar', don't know wht it's called in english), and sat outside all afternoon vaping and relaxing, petting the cat tat was constantly trying to get my attention, walk to the garden a bit etc, and in the evening I watched all the swallows fly above me

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sounds nice, djonk. That's my kind of day. :nod:

According to the googles, kronkelhazelaar is "winding hazel" in English.

BlazedRunner

run high
I'm lovin' my little twig. I got it used from a guy here, and I'm using it with a 2' tube and an Aquavape inline bubbler. My setup is quite simple and effective. I have it sitting on my desk, always accessible to dispense a little sip. I'm not sure which version this is but it gets pretty hot.

What's the minimum current for a power supply that will work for a UD, and what difference does current make?

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've never seen mine take more then 0,6A or 600mAh, so 0,8A or higher is good enough for just one Dog with a little over-capacity for safety.

Anything higher than that doesn't change a thing, except the ability to power more Dogs (or other log vapes) at the same time. It'll only draw the current it needs, so feel free to use a 20Amp PSU if you must.

Hey Dave, no reply to the Dog-bowl idea? I kinda liked it :brow:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Dog bowls sound like an awesome idea. :) Though turning bowls is a bit labor-intensive - if anyone's up for a $100 bowl, I'm on it! We use a little teacup ourselves.

So I just got finished doing a physical inventory of wood blanks and I'm thinking we could open our own mill, lol! Check it out and see if your favorites are in here:

African Blackwood
Afzelia
Pecan
Banksia Pods
Camphor
Ash
Black and White Ebony Burl
Ambroyna Burl
Tupelo
Basswood
Jobillo
Lemoncillo
Osage Orange
Apricot
Black and White Ebony
Honduran Rosewood
Canarywood
East Indian Rosewood
Caribbean Rosewood
Yucatan Rosewood
Figured Western Maple
Goncalo Alves
Tasmanian Blackwood
Quina
Zebrawood
Lignum Vitae
Mango
Purpleheart
Silver Maple
Paduak
Walnut
Rosewood
Red Oak
Black Limba
Red Palm
Cocobolo
Myrtle
Maple
Lignum Vitae Blonde
African Red Milkwood
Redwood
Claro Walnut
Dyer Oak
Cherry
Rainbow Poplar
Tulip Poplar
Ambrosia Maple
Mesquite
Figured Manzano
Blue Mahoe
Spalted Tamarind
European Plum
Indian Laurel
Madrone
Pheasant
Chilean Laurel Burl
Hawaiian Koa
Hawaiian Albizia
Teak
Movingui
Jatoba
Figured Blue Gum
Bamboo
Bloodwood
Chestnut
Elm
Sycamore
Hackberry
Chocolate Spruce
Mulberry
Black Locust
Redheart
Red Coolibah (Australian)
Australian Lacewood

placetime

so, what kinds of wood are *not* on the list? that kinda looks like a "one of everything" list to me. :lol:

glass dog bowls maybe? :)

underdog

Manufacturer
Hmmm good question placetime lol I feel the same way sometimes until I come across something I don't have and then, well, that just won't stand and I have to get it.

Maybe I should offer a combo pack with one Dog made of each type of wood (74 currently).. :brow:

Yeah I like that idea lets do it: one Dog of each type of wood, delivered either all at once (please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery) or 1 Dog a week for the next year and a half or 1 a month for the next 6 years, shipping included of course. But wait, there's more! Buy now and get an incredible assortment of goodies and accessories to maximize your enjoyment of your dogs. Reserve your Dog collection today with only one easy payment of $9,999 and let the wild times begin! :rofl:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That sure is a lot of wood :o

I like the idea though, I just paypalled you the 9,999, Dave. Make mine once a month please, plus one on every holiday if possible. I like the dog rain to continue for a while :brow: Oh, no funny shapes pls, I like mine simple & tight, just like my women :p

Underdoggete, I might pay a 100 bucks if it's made out of really nice piece Blue Mahoe & big enough to eat out. But we were talking about really tiny ones here, like 1 or 2 inch in diameter perhaps. Couldn't you just drill a bowl shape in a caddy & then sand it down to a nice shape? Perhaps it's even an idea to take a large butterfly drill & grind it down till the head has the bowl-shape already & then sharpen it again. It would make for much less sanding time I reckon.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey djonk I don't see the funds, maybe you sent them to someone elses PayPal account.. :p

Hmm weird same thing for you OTA no funds showing up, must be a glitch I'm sure lol.

Long day today, right about 16 hours and just finishing up now. Think I'll go stare at a wall and mouth-breathe for a bit and then catch up on some sleep.

All this hard work is worth it though with all the little Dogs filling the shop and all the orders going out every day. Thanks dudes and dudettes for making it all possible. :peace:

underdog,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Glad you like it. They are the bomb! Just curious... do you still plan to get the HI?

Ya I wanted both personally, but this was a gift for my Mom so I will still get plenty of chances to use it. If I ever get one for me (which I prob will at some point) it would be something along the lines of the Spalted Tamarind :rockon: or Zebrawood to match my LB. My HI is going to be Zebrawood too :)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Thx so much Dave its a BEAUTY!!! Warming up now cant wait to rip it!!

edit: just ripped it. holy fuck does this thing hit hard!! very very nice!!!

2012-08-31_11-23-33_562.jpg

It hits like a fucking Axe murderer, you will never be disappointed with your new dog.

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
so that short piece of silicon tubing that came with it fits right into my 14mm-18mm gong adapter and lets me stick the glass stem right in and hook it up to my bubbler...is that was this is for?

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom