Underdog Log Vapes

SD_haze

Always thought that was funny stain name. Does it taste like thin mints or Samoas?
GSC strain is OG x Cherry Pie, and cherry pie is durban poison x GDP(grand daddy purp)

So it should have some sweetness in the smell/taste if its legit. Not necessarily cherry though :p

SD_haze,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I don't think we have any Legit versions of that strain up here... maybe I am wrong. Sounds like a good strain though.

Slightly Medicated,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
GSC strain is OG x Cherry Pie, and cherry pie is durban poison x GDP(grand daddy purp)

So it should have some sweetness in the smell/taste if its legit. Not necessarily cherry though :p

Interesting info :) Cherry Pie Kush is one of my all time faves, that might be why I'm liking this GSC so much. It does have almost a sweetness to it. Puts out awesome vapor too as you can see... and I didn't get all of the exhale on camera either!

Peloton,

djonkoman

today's a great day, awesome weather(last 3 days were very hot, but nowe it has cooled down, but still sunny and dry and not cold, exactly my favorite weather right now, with a slight breeze to add some coolness)
had a bonghit of bubblegum 15-20 minutes ago, don't have much weed left, since yesterday I'm vaping from what was still in my dugout(wich I had filled for that festival last week, but nt finished everything in there)(and I still have hash though)
but I just fixed my bicycle(new front tire, inner+outer), so I'm mobile again

djonkoman,

Hitomi

Girl Scout Cookies @ 13.5v

Hey Peloton, what is the size of your UD (1/4 or 3/8)? I just bought a UD thanks to this awesome thread. I just have a question, does anyone use both the 1/4 size and the 3/8 size? Is their an advantage to either one?

Hitomi,

SD_haze

Has anyone tried using a Hydratube with their UD?
I can't get a great seal with the thick or thin tubing, and not 100% sure if the 18mm GonG UD stem would work. Could depend on the UD itself too, with mine my core is kind of sunk into the wood, and its possible the stem might be too short and the hydratube base hits the wood before a ground-glass seal.

My cloud just broke yesterday [feelin shattered] and not my hydratube, so if their warranty doesn't come through I'll probably pick up a GonG WPB just to try

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've seen a few times here mention between the 24/7 core and then the new insulated core. Dave - I think I have the latter of the two, will the WPA not work with my unit? And based on the name of the core - is mine not supposed to run 24/7 cause SHIT, its been on since you shipped it back to me...lol

mvapes,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey mvapes all the cores are 24/7 now so we don't bother labeling them as such since it's the standard now so yeah all the insulated cores are fine for 24/7 use no worries. You can tell if your core is a classic 24/7 one or an insulated one but the diameter of the core-hole and the look of the core itself. The classic 24/7 one will be approximately 3/4" wide (the hole in the wooden body) whereas the insulated is 1". The insulated also has a visible 'ring' around the core when you look down on it from the top.

The WPB-GonG works with the insulated cores but not the older classic 24/7 ones because the smaller hole is too small for the glass to seat fully and it doesn't reach/make a good seal.

Last edited by a moderator:
underdog,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can't get a great seal with the thick or thin tubing, and not 100% sure if the 18mm GonG UD stem would work. Could depend on the UD itself too, with mine my core is kind of sunk into the wood, and its possible the stem might be too short and the hydratube base hits the wood before a ground-glass seal.

My cloud just broke yesterday [feelin shattered] and not my hydratube, so if their warranty doesn't come through I'll probably pick up a GonG WPB just to try

The GonG UD stem does fit the HT just fine I can confirm.

I have been unable to use my new stem however as my pup needs some refurb work so it's on it's way back to Dave for a nip and tuck.

:peace:

Stu,

SD_haze

The GonG UD stem does fit the HT just fine I can confirm.

I have been unable to use my new stem however as my pup needs some refurb work so it's on it's way back to Dave for a nip and tuck.

Does it go all the way in, or make the seal fairly early on into the female joint of the HT?
Also, is that an evolver HT you tested it on?

Here's a picture of what makes me think I might have an issue with it. On the right is how most of the UDs are and on the left is my working one, where the core is a bit sunken down into the wood.

DW81e.jpg

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Does it go all the way in, or make the seal fairly early on into the female joint of the HT?
Also, is that an evolver HT you tested it on?

Here's a picture of what makes me think I might have an issue with it. On the right is how most of the UDs are and on the left is my working one, where the core is a bit sunken down into the wood.
It makes a seal with a shallow entry (unlike most traditional male GonG joints), so you may be ok. It's tough to tell for sure, and it may be close with that recessed core, but I'd wager that it'd still mate ok.

I had plenty of room below the HT to grab the stem still, so I'm guessing maybe an inch of clearance with my piece? :shrug: I don't have it with me now so I can't measure. I'll try to measure it tonight to see if I can give you an exact measurement.

edit: I have an in VXL Hydracirc, so it's very similar to the evolver HT.

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Hey Peloton, what is the size of your UD (1/4 or 3/8)? I just bought a UD thanks to this awesome thread. I just have a question, does anyone use both the 1/4 size and the 3/8 size? Is their an advantage to either one?

Mine is a 3/8, I've never used one of the smaller 1/4s so I can't really comment on that. Glad to have ya, welcome to the group.

Peloton,

jackmormon

SD_haze-

Both of those dogs look like they have the new insulated core... You can tell because there is a steel ring visible around the air holes on the top of the core. The older ones didn't have this ring.

Older 24/7 non insulated core dog on the left. Newer insulated core dog on the right. (Cloud making sure the dogs behave themselves on the far right :D)

bh6yh.jpg

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Does the glass bowl not get unbearably hot?

I had like a 30 minute session with it once. I was not thinking and I touched the end that had been near the heating element. It was really hot and I dropped it on the table instantly. I did not get a blister or anything. Just scared me. The piece was fine as well.

What do others think? Does it get too hot to handle?

Slightly Medicated,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
One of the many things I love about my UD is that it has the heat to keep up with you and finishes strong, it doesn't taper off at all. I'm almost done with a vaporbong sesh right now, and I just did something I want to get on video that I think illustrates this quality very well. :)

Peloton,

upperlevel

Can FC members get a discount on the glass bowl or something? I was going to order a bunch of extras and replacements from Dave and just throw this bowl on top, but $25-30 seems a bit steep for a tiny piece of glass.

EDIT: Also, does the GonG bowl also come with the SGS tube and the little extra silicone?

upperlevel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think it's more the work that goes in to them you are paying for then the little piece of glass itself, Upperlevel.

HI GonG stems are 30 bucks too, I guess that's the norm for stems like that.

OhTheAgony,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
It looks like the last order of plugs I got in (a couple hundred!) has a bunch out-of-spec plugs since I'm now hearing of problems from several people. Anyone who's having problems with the plugs please try to adjust them and/or let me know. I've decided to switch to a different plug going forward so hopefully this won't happen again. :peace:

A few times I have gone to use my Dog, only to find it cold :\, I saw where you suggested bending a pin deep in the male end (inside the Dog, right?) back to tighten the connection. Any chance to see a pic of that? With mine it will look like it is all the way in, but a slight push (less than a mm) and it starts warming right up. Anything fragile in there to watch out for? TIA!

happyTrails,
Top Bottom