Underdog Log Vapes

sunsett70

@dave

hi man! the bigger bubbler is real decent, with sturdy feel. i only use the smaller one when i'm out. but pls note i am a noob so any 'decent' bubbler may seem nice to me. but i think the simple design and 4 showerhead openings is good for me, and like i say, easy to clean. i may be tempted to get a bigger hand-held though, like here http://cybershed.com/gravlabs-showerhead-bubbler-p-1467.html
think maybe you can check out the "cheap, high quality bubbler" thread for some reasonable priced glass.

Also, thinking about the 13.5v plug http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/BRAND-NEW-13-5V-1A-AC-DC-Power-adapter-Power-supply-/140436115437 (or one with a 2.1mm jack) Can we keep it on 24/7 at 13.5?? i'm satisfied with the standard volt but curious to see what happens if i up the power.

Also wanted to mention as part of my feedback that the silicon is easy to use, easy to clean and i only cut a short stub for use with the glass.

@everyusername
i felt the same about the testing, so wasted :ko: and feel the same now as you about the DBV (good vape tho it is).

@sunsett70 when I bought my UD Dave told me the following:

You want to feed an UD around 13.25v to 13.75v which means a 12v unregulated non-switching power supply (these are usually big, heavy, brick-like power supplies) or a regulated/switching power supply in the 13.25v to 13.75v range. The power plug you're going to want is a super common 2.1mm tip (polarity doesn't matter) and make sure it is rated at at least 1A power output (1000ma) though if you can get one in the 1.2A to 2A (1200ma - 2000ma) range that's even better.

For a discussion on the differences between regulated and unregulated PSUs see here.

@Peloton, welcome to the UD kennel! Good move taking a T break before trying your new UD!

Gandalf

Just about to order my first UD and cannot decide which one to pick yet. I am currently a happy PD user but after reading through this thread, it seems like a UD is exactly what I've been looking for - a log style vape with bigger hits and less resistance in the stems. Also, my PD has a couple minor cracks at the top and it's a good excuse to purchase a new vape.

Do all the UD units with the newer core run at the same temperature, or do the twigs run hotter? I love the current temp that I get with my cherry PD and would like to match it as closely as possible, though I wouldn't mind if it ended up being a little hotter either.

I'm torn between getting a larger UD like the Genie Lamp, or a smaller one like the Teak Twig.

Edit - Dave just responded to my PM and answered all my questions. Now I just need to make a decision on style :) Wish I had enough money to buy 2 lol.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
They function mostly the same. Check out my video review to see a comparison of the three units I own. The twig goes just a little hotter. I would say maybe 5-10 degrees. It does not make a HUGE difference but sometimes 5-10 degrees can increase the cloud production.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Gandalf

Gandalf

They function mostly the same. Check out my video review to see a comparison of the three units I own. The twig goes just a little hotter. I would say maybe 5-10 degrees. It does not make a HUGE difference but sometimes 5-10 degrees can increase the cloud production.

Thanks for the quick reply, going to watch your video review now. That space-style one you have looks amazing.

Gandalf,
hello, glad i finally found this place, lots of great opinions. Dave, looks like you have made quite a nice product. i am planning on ordering the silver maple twig tomorrow morning, is there any way you can let me know if it has any plug issues?

thanks cant wait to joinin on the fun.

Gandalf

After taking a long time to deliberate, I finally decided on the Spalted Wormy Tamarind:

c2904bdf340e185fedde2260e8048215.jpg

Love the patterns and colors of this piece, just beautiful. Can't wait for it to arrive!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ Gandalf - glad I was able to answer your questions dude and thanks for the order, I'll send it out tomorrow. Beautiful piece you picked out BTW, one of my favorites.

@ Foggy Mornings - which Maple Twig are you thinking of? Let me know the # or post a link and I'll give it a triple-check though it's tough to be certain because the bum ones seem to work fine but fail after a few weeks/months but let me know which one and I'll check it out as best I can.

@ Sunsett - thanks for the info on the glass it sounds nice. As far as that power supply goes you'd most likely see a decrease in performance since the stock power supply actually delivers 13.25v to 13.75v despite it's 12v label so the eBay one would be less power. If you want more juice than the stock PS provides then you're best off with a variable PS so you can carefully and accurately dial things in just how you want. Either way I don't recommend running an UD 24/7 at anything hotter than stock temps. :peace:

underdog,
would there be any difference in temperature or taste between ones made of maple and ones of ash that i should be aware of before purchasing?

foggy mornings,

underdog

Manufacturer
Nope, shouldn't be any noticeable difference in temp or taste between Ash and Maple Dogs. Maple has a smoother finish while Ash has a more contrasting grain pattern so they each have their pluses and minuses style wise but not functionally.

underdog,
thanks for the very prompt reply.... # 12890 the silver maple twig is the one i am planning to put in for in the mornin

foggy mornings,

underdog

Manufacturer
Ah, that's a nice little Pup. I'll pull it off the shelf, check it and the plug out and get her ready for you. Thanks!

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I'm so excited! Just sent my payment out to Dave. He is the man for working with me while my card is out of the picture.

I'll have to post pictures of my Purpleheart Space Twig when it arrives!

Peloton,
Reactions: darkrom

Adobewan

Peloton and all you new UD owners, you don't know it yet but you've already been converted into UD Evangelicals (UDvangelicals?). You will soon be spreading the word.

On another note, lately, I'm having a bit of trouble seating my screen in my stem and I remember weeks back, a smarter than the average bear-type suggested using screens from the Extreme Q Tower in the UD stems. Those screens are made like a small cup with a metal rim. With a little tweaking, it's a perfect screen for the UD, there is no issue at all seating it.
But I am finding that the ABV is remaining in the heater core as opposed to coming out with the stem, I imagine because there is less of a seal between core and stem, due to the screen having sides, and therefore less suction.
Any thoughts, or suggestions on this? It's a near perfect marriage, let's keep this happy couple together.

Adobewan,
order submitted! just a little more combustion for a couple more days. i hope i can stretch out this strawberry diesel till then, ive been wanting to vape some up for quite some time now

foggy mornings,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I just wanted to check in and let you know the reason I'm not here often is because everything is going perfectly. The King's Jester and that new bubbler I got are a match made in heaven. 1-2 big hits clears the steam no matter how much I pack in there. I haven't had the chance/need to pull the twig out of my car to try. This runs amazing with the variable power supply.

Dave, is it fair to assume that if the new power supply puts out ~13.25v then I can leave my Jester on 13v without issues? I never really go higher than that, but I'm always stressed out about the idea of hitting it at 13v and falling asleep with it there. I may be a bit paranoid? If I left it on 13v for 24+ hrs would that be bad, or fine because thats what the new power supply puts out anyway?

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Foggy thanks for the order.. I'll send it out first thing tomorrow and you're not too far away so you should probably have it in a day or two.

@ darkrom - thanks for the update dude, glad to hear you've got your setup all dialed in now.. all that vapory trial and error must have been some tough work. ;) Yep you should be able to leave your Jester on at 13v without issue though of course if you can remember it wouldn't hurt to turn it down to 11-12v when you're done for the evening or whatever. If you don't remember it shouldn't be a problem though. Still gotta get that roll of fabric back to you sorry for the delay. I was a dumbass and didn't save the box you sent it in so I need to find one.. doh!

darkrom

Great Scott!
Haha no rush on the carbon, just something I want to play with whenever I have some free time.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
Well I put it on my official 'to-do' list so hopefully I won't forget about it or put it off too long.. I figure I best hurry before you start fining me for overdue carbon. :p

Shipped out a few more pieces today and had some time to play with my R&D toys so maybe I'll manage to build that vaporbot one of these days. :ninja:

Speaking of vapor... :party:

Top Bottom