Underdog Log Vapes

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
that postage stamp picture is hilarious!

all those UD's on those shelves look so cool. i think i spent a solid 10 minutes while vaked staring at the pictures looking at all the different woods :p really great that you spent some time taking pictures for us curious about the UD making process. thanks!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ Peloton - I'll check your email when I get back to the office and get in touch then and we'll get you all set up for some UD foggy fun, thanks!

@ SM - yeah the postage is hilarious I thought you guys would like it lol

@ HES - thanks dude glad you had some fun staring at them, I find myself doing the same quite a bit. It's awesome to be able to share my passion for wood with all you dudes (and dudettes of course) and I love being able to make my Pups in such a variety of sizes, shapes and styles instead of being stuck with a single shape/design.. I think I'd get too bored that way.

Anyways, gotta go play with my wood some more.. :lol:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have done that before... I just slapped a bunch on to make sure I was not going to be under postage. With all of those on there I would have to laugh if the postal worker said "sorry you are one stamp short."

ashysh

Hello Dave, I would once again like to thank you for the amazing vape, there is truly nothing like it. Some time in the future, I would like to get a larger, more advanced dog so that I can have one for on the go, and one for at home(also because you can have too many of something so great).
Would it be possible with prior notice and discussion to get one made in a certain way, with a choice of the woods that you have available? I understand if that is too much to ask, but I would love to have something that I can feel like I helped design, you know?

Sorry for the rambling, the dog still hits me hard :tup:

underdog

Manufacturer
Hello Dave, I would once again like to thank you for the amazing vape, there is truly nothing like it. Some time in the future, I would like to get a larger, more advanced dog so that I can have one for on the go, and one for at home(also because you can have too many of something so great).
Would it be possible with prior notice and discussion to get one made in a certain way, with a choice of the woods that you have available? I understand if that is too much to ask, but I would love to have something that I can feel like I helped design, you know?

Sorry for the rambling, the dog still hits me hard :tup:

Hey Ashysh - really happy you enjoy your Dog so much, that's what it's all about and knowing that makes this job more worthwhile so thanks! :tup: As far as a custom UD goes yes absolutely. If I have (or can get) the wood you want I will happily work with you to get you just the piece you want, a real custom work of art all your own. That was all I did when I started building these little vapor engines so I love custom work it takes me back to my roots. Whenever you're ready to talk about your ideas just shoot me a message and we'll do some brainstorming.. :peace:

underdog,
Reactions: darkrom

ashysh

Hey Ashysh - really happy you enjoy your Dog so much, that's what it's all about and knowing that makes this job more worthwhile so thanks! :tup: As far as a custom UD goes yes absolutely. If I have (or can get) the wood you want I will happily work with you to get you just the piece you want, a real custom work of art all your own. That was all I did when I started building these little vapor engines so I love custom work it takes me back to my roots. Whenever you're ready to talk about your ideas just shoot me a message and we'll do some brainstorming.. :peace:
Thanks! It's good to know that as a consumer you are supporting someone who truly cares about what they do, and what they create.

underdog

Manufacturer
I agree, I do my best to support businesses and people that take pride in their work too.. even if it costs a bit more I think it's worth it.

Oh and I meant to say earlier, nice d20 avatar.. though the 2 is kind of torturous with that 20 sitting right there next to it taunting you lol.

underdog,

ashysh

That's great to hear.

Haha thanks, I have a love for tabletop games and RPG's, so I figured it was appropriate. Also my favorite time to bust out the dog!

ashysh,

underdog

Manufacturer
Tabletops and RPGs are great! Here's a pic I took for a game conference years ago (on the subject of d20s).. :p

do86s0.jpg

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've just discovered that my UD has a bit of a dead spot in the middle of its female power jack.
Is there any way I can fix it?
Basically, if I hold the power cord with some sideways pressure, it works fine, but when I let it go, there's like a 50/50 chance that it'll stay connected.
I also noticed that the power jack is pretty loose compared to my CRZ and another log vape.
:(

Frederick McGuire,

underdog

Manufacturer
Oh man, sorry to hear that Fred. If you look in the plug there's a little metal flap that is supposed to press in towards the center pin and I bet it's gotten pushed away and is making the connection loose.

If you can carefully bend it back towards the center a bit it'll tighten things back up but it's a bit tough to do as the flap is pointed in instead of out so you have use a tool that can reach far back into the jack and then get under the flap to bend it out. I have a little metal dental style pick that works alright for that purpose.

I'm headed to bed but see if you can't find a way to do what I described above and let me know. I'll get you fixed up and working one way or another no worries. :peace:

sunsett70

hi everyone!

i got me 2 dogs (claro & movingui twigs) awhile back. wanted to get one but got 'pulled in' by the pics, ended up getting two. so this is a quick user feedback

beautiful wood and all, though my claro has this 'crack' thing which according to dave is called a 'check' (which is a small, mostly cosmetic crack caused by humidity change). Doesn't seem to have any effect on performance, so i hope that will be that!

The UDs hits like it should though i should say that i cannot get anything other than brick weed here, and the vapor quality is highly correlated to the herb quality. with good brickweed, it is really good. with crap brick weed, little vapor but the high is still good with herb amount used smaller than what i would use in a dbv :ko: . anyways, should be a non-factor for most of you, as i think not many would resort to brick weed.

Have not really used the glass stem, mainly just the thick silicon for the water bubblers i got. i have slight sensitiveness to heat so water cooled vapor is like manna from heaven! i am now spoiled and will not use vaporizer without water any more(thanks to Gonzo for the recomendation). i am just a newbie but both showerheads are nice.

The movingui seems to be slighty hotter than the claro but has an annoying sensitive female jack part (sounds like what Fred is experiencing). Just slight movement/turn in the jack, and i would end up with a lukewarm/cold UD. No such problem with the Claro. Gonna try the fix Dave mentioned and see what happens.

I also have to mention the aromatheraphy set. Got a set of oils and it's really nice for those of you who like this sort of thing. more than once (after a hitting session) i have caught myself reaching out for the UD to admire and i forgot the cup full of oil was there . so watch out.....

All in all, quite a nice small package with a big-kick. many times during the testing phase when i wanted to continue, i had to say "enough!" cause the dogs had me on the ropes. got to respect them dogs or they might chew me out! And of course, it was wonderful dealing with dave, everhelpfull with suggestions.

p/s - those who are particular about screen size, i got a few bigger ones (10mm, i think and lots of mostly smaller ones, around 7mm). a few of the 10mms came with gold plating, that ok? personally i would have preferred the bigger screens (used in the thick silicon), as it forms a cup and holds well rather than the smaller ones (which is kinda loose on the thin silicon).

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey sunsett - looking good dude, I like your setup and the Dogs of course. How do you like that big bubbler compared to the small one? I only have a little one and am trying to decide if it's worth getting another, larger one. Sorry you're also having troubles with your plug, hopefully you adjust it with the method I described before.. if not let me know and we'll get it taken care of. Now, looking at your Claro piece I think the mark on the top is actually end-grain tear out which I think is actually preferable to a check.. either way it should be cosmetic only not spread or have an affect on anything.

It looks like the last order of plugs I got in (a couple hundred!) has a bunch out-of-spec plugs since I'm now hearing of problems from several people. Anyone who's having problems with the plugs please try to adjust them and/or let me know. I've decided to switch to a different plug going forward so hopefully this won't happen again. :peace:

underdog,

VisiblyVaped

This seems like as good a thread as any to introduce myself..
Long time lurker, just joined. Lazy I guess?
I have an iolite, its ok, I'm in the market to get another couple of devices now and these are definitely considered, I've read a lot of this thread...

My question..how thick is the vapor and how do they hit?
Besides the iolite I've only tried the volcano, which is great but not the same type of vape i believe....

Excuse me.....im a longtime smoker but new to vaping.
Need to truly say Fuck Combustion soon and get better quality devices than what i own.

End Stoneriffic introduction.

VisiblyVaped,

underdog

Manufacturer
Is it the male or the female DC that is giving you the connection issues?

The problem is with the socket on the vapes which I believe is counter-intuitively (to me sometimes at least) is considered a male plug (because of the center pin).

@ VisiblyVaped - Hi dude, welcome to the community. I'll let some others answer the vapor question for you since I'm obviously probably a bit biased.. :D

underdog,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
This seems like as good a thread as any to introduce myself..

My question..how thick is the vapor and how do they hit?
Besides the iolite I've only tried the volcano, which is great but not the same type of vape i believe....
Welcome to the forum.

These vaporizers do an excellent job of producing vapor.

If you go back a page or two I posted a video review. You can see how dense the vapor is in the video. I demonstrate how the device works during part of the review.

This Post

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The problem is with the socket on the vapes which I believe is counter-intuitively (to me sometimes at least) is considered a male plug (because of the center pin).

@ VisiblyVaped - Hi dude, welcome to the community. I'll let some others answer the vapor question for you since I'm obviously probably a bit biased.. :D

I am dyslexic... very easy for me to get the male/female thing confused. I think my Twig might have gotten one of those plugs... out of the three it is the one that can come loose from time to time. I just got used to checking the connection. Also since i have 2 others running it is never a big deal.

Slightly Medicated,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ SM - yeah it's entirely possible that you've got a questionable plug.. there's probably a good solid hundred of them out there in the wild now since I've been using this batch of plugs. Any that become too problematic I'll just have to replace, it's not really black and white since not all of them are bad and the bad ones are differing levels of bad as well.

Alright if you guys need anything just holler, I'll be in and out all day. I'm finishing up processing the last few big orders of wood that I got in last week. Been a busy 3-4 days processing enough wood for 7 or 8 hundred Pups. :o

underdog,
I gotta say, Dave has got some super fast shipping going on! My order for my UD was finalised on Jun 4th and I received my dog (in Australia) on the morning of the Jun 8th! Just in time for the long weekend ... this is the quickest I have ever received an international parcel.

I've been planning on making a post since the Underdog arrived, but I've been so busy with "testing" that typing has not really been an option. This little beast is fucking incredible.

The first night with the dog was a frustrating experience as the power plug I have (more on this below) kept coming disconnected and every time I go to take a hit I'd find a cold dog. As I had friends around, I ended up pulling out the DBV for us to use while I got the hang of the dog. By halfway through the night I'd managed to get the UD up to the right temperature at which point I vaped a couple of stems AND OH MY DRAGONS THIS LITTLE TWIG HITS LIKE A BEAST!!!

By the end of the evening I'd sold the DBV to a friend and know that I won't miss it at all.

My second day with the UD was even better! Once I got into the habit of checking that the power cord is still connected whenever I sit the UD down I've been able to keep it hot most of the day (only one accidental disconnection).

For those of you in Australia who are looking for a 13.5v power supply, you can get one from Amtex. The model you want is the FPA181A-135-120 which is available for $19 + shipping. Unfortunately they didn't have any of these in stuck with the 2.1mm plug, so I ended up with a 2.5mm plug which seems to fit the UD okay, although it does fall out quite easily (which seems odd, I thought if anything the 2.5mm would be a tighter fit than the 2.1mm).

Dave, thank you for making such a wonderful vape and for all of assistance so far.

FC members, thanks for posting your experiences with the UD - you made this an easy choice!

Top Bottom