Underdog Log Vapes

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
You are looking good. Just above the last slit is where you want to be. Another way is to load it with water. Then hit the heck out over the sink. Try and suck up any excess water into your mouth. Spit and repeat. Do that a few times and you should get the water level to a point where it will not splash in to your mouth. Once you find the level that works it gets easier to fill it every time after that.

Mind if I ask how much that was? I have been thinking about getting a bubbler like that.

Slightly Medicated,

darkrom

Great Scott!
You are looking good. Just above the last slit is where you want to be. Another way is to load it with water. Then hit the heck out over the sink. Try and suck up any excess water into your mouth. Spit and repeat. Do that a few times and you should get the water level to a point where it will not splash in to your mouth. Once you find the level that works it gets easier to fill it every time after that.

Mind if I ask how much that was? I have been thinking about getting a bubbler like that.

$114 out the door tax free. Would have been $140+tax if I didn't haggle a bit. I really like it. No name brand but thick quality glass IMO and there is SO much diffusion. I can't fully milk it yet. Maybe after work I'll pack a fat fat stem and see what I can do. I get big hits but nothing seems to be able to milk it lol.

darkrom,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Not a bad price. I kind of like no name glass. As long as you get a good blower that is all that matters. Do you have a VVPS? I don't remember... If you do turn it up a little, try like .5 to 1 more volt of power. If you don't then it is not a HUGE deal. Another suggestion is to slow your draw. The slower the draw the longer you give the vapor to accumulate in the chamber before you pull/clear.

Slightly Medicated,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Not a bad price. I kind of like no name glass. As long as you get a good blower that is all that matters. Do you have a VVPS? I don't remember... If you do turn it up a little, try like .5 to 1 more volt of power. If you don't then it is not a HUGE deal. Another suggestion is to slow your draw. The slower the draw the longer you give the vapor to accumulate in the chamber before you pull/clear.

Oh I do and I've used and enjoyed it since I got the UD. I usually run 12v, but I'll have to run like 13v for a few min and hit it again. I think I'm going to experiment more at 12v first though. I'm used to hitting my aquavape with the King's Jester, and it simply doesn't do the trick for me anymore. It helped quite a bit and was easy, but I'm now willing to take care of something a bit nicer.

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Nice looking piece of glass there darkrom.. I need to expand my collection with one like that, did you get it at a LHS?

underdog,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
After many long hours of work and many hours testing/using this vaporizer... I am finally finished up with my review of the Underdogs. As you guys know I love my dogs. They have been preforming well since they day they got here. I feel like I covered all the bases in the review. I know there is a real lack of reviews on the Underdogs. I hope that my article can help educate more poeple about this product. If you feel like I left something out, please let me know. I can always edit what I wrote and fix any errors. I am always thankful for input from the community. You can read the post here.

Enjoy The Video:

Last edited by a moderator:

darkrom

Great Scott!
Nice looking piece of glass there darkrom.. I need to expand my collection with one like that, did you get it at a LHS?

Local store that is family owned. The older son sells "tobacco" stuff out of the rear. Normally I go in and laugh at the lower end pieces I wouldn't buy at all like cheap $10 pipes. Then I noticed these. I assumed it was garbage. Went back with a friend asked to see it and the kid new his stuff and the glass felt solid and appears to me to be well made, though I'm sure its nothing to rave about. He said he orders bulk from california blowers who have too much competition to sell locally. Had some roor pieces (usually a sign of fakes, but these appeared to be legitimate). For a brandless piece of glass I am incredibly proud of it even if it is nothing much. It is exactly what my vapor collection needed for now. I'm incredibly happy with it and have to say 1 stem feels like it has 3x the potency with this and I vape it smoother and faster, my dog is happier than ever.

I can't wait until I get a chance to try the little bastard twig on this thing. It's going to be out of this world.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I love the Space Modulator. It feels great in my hands. It is cooler to the touch then the others. It still produces the same quality vapor that my others models do. I think the Space Modulator actually out fogs the King.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the positive comments. I have been spending allot of time getting it up and running. This forum is fantastic. I love coming here to catch up on all my news and information. Aside from this site though, there are not a TON of other resources for people who are looking at buying vaporizers. I wanted to create a resource for people. FC is great for in depth stuff and discussion. Sometimes though you don't want to read though all 100+ pages of a thread. Personally, I do like to read all the threads thoroughly. I try and spend time reading through every page of a vaporizer before I will buy it. I end up learning allot that way. I figured my site is a way for me to take what I learn here, and my real life experience and combine them in to one resource for others. With time I will be able to accumulate more articles. I am hoping it will become a good resource for the community. If anyone ever finds an error in an article, or has a comment about anything don't hesitate to send me a conversation here or leave a comment on the blog. Also, thanks for reading!

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: darkrom

ll11

I love the Space Modulator. It feels great in my hands. It is cooler to the touch then the others. It still produces the same quality vapor that my others models do. I think the Space Modulator actually out fogs the King.

Interesting, the conventional wisdom on log vapes is that smaller = hotter. The space modulator looks like it has a lot of surface area which should mean more heat lost to the environment (kind of like a cpu heat sink), but maybe the core is insulated well enough that it doesn't matter too much. How do both your larger pieces compare to your twig?

ll11,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I thought it was interesting as well. I expected the Space Modulator to needed to run at a higher voltage then the King or Twig in order to produce similar vapor. I figured the extra mass would require more power. I was kind of surprised to see how well it produced vapor clouds. The twig produces a slightly more vapor at the same temperature. You can compensate with a variable voltage power supply. They all preform rather similarly. I think the insulated cores have gone a long way to reduce the individual variations between the different models.

Slightly Medicated,

Greenscreen

Wow well done SM! Cracking video mate!! - when we spoke in PM's i didn't think I'd ever be jealous of your UD set up!! (green with envy here now :lol:) - I wasn't sure if you would manage to stop smoking bongs completely but i assume that the dogs have more then got you over that hurdle??

Great set up either way, and a fantastic video to match! Will have to get the camera out and get a couple of vids of my set up at some point, when i end my T-Break that is!

Greenscreen,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Thanks griff. I am sure you are aware that you are the member I was referring to in the written review. Thanks again for the suggestion. I have loved my dogs. I have not combusted in over a month. The underdog combined with the Vripteach Heat Wand seem to be working wonders. The ritual of the heat wand is good for my smoking habits. It makes me feel like I am going through the normal motions. Then when I get that satisfied I continue to medicate with the Underdog.

Slightly Medicated,

Greenscreen

Thanks griff. I am sure you are aware that you are the member I was referring to in the review. Thanks again for the suggestion. I have loved my dogs. I have not combusted in over a month. The underdog combined with the Vripteach Heat Wand seem to be working wonders. The ritual of the heat wand is good for my smoking habits. It makes me feel like I am going through the normal motions. Then when I get that satisfied I continue to medicate with the Underdog.

I went back and listened again, I didn't catch it first time round - I'm not sure how - lack of THC maybe ;)
Am pleased for you though dude - was a big hurdle for me to get over when i did it and its great to see you've made the switch!
The heatwand sounds like a lovely vape, have never tried one myself, have often been tempted by the herborizer (similar UK version) but to be honest i've been happy enough with my vape collection since I got my UD ..

In fact even if i could buy a VXC (can't get them in UK) i don't think i would bother now - The UD sorted my vape collection right out - Props to Dave - No doubt my next vape will be another UD!

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey guys (and gals) I've got some pictures for you.

A couple peeps asked to see some shop pics, specifically my ready-rack of wood (kiln dried, ready to work wood) so I thought I'd go ahead and post them here in case anyone else is interested in the behind-the-scenes stuff.

First is some wood that came in today. Not a lot of it but very high quality stuff: Exhibition grade Madrone, Indian Laurel, Figured Manzano, Myrtle Burl, Koa and European Plum.
IMG_3090w.JPG

Next we have the ready-rack with all its assorted wood
IMG_3092w.JPG

Closeup of one of the shelves
IMG_3093w.JPG

Closeup of another shelf
IMG_3097w.JPG

I'll take more behind-the-scenes pics as time allows and post what I think you guys might find interesting. :rockon:

propjoe

sweet pics dave. thanks for sharing. a few of those dogs on the shelf look huge. are those bigger than normal ones or is it just the picture?

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks SM I've been working on that one for quite a while.. I figured there's gotta be a modern day Pharaoh out there somewhere who wants to take his vapor-engine to the afterlife with him. :D

underdog,

ll11

Interesting to see them before the finish is applied. How do you know what they'll look like after being polished up?

ll11,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Interesting to see them before the finish is applied. How do you know what they'll look like after being polished up?

Experience... You learn as you go. It is like my photographs. I kind of know what they will turn out before I click the shutter. I have a idea of the end result after all the editing. The darkroom is an excellent example. I would expose the paper to the image using the enlarger. I had a general idea what the final result would look like before I processed it. I would kind of be able to tell... oh this will be underexposed, I did not leave the light on as long as I should.

I can't speak for Dave, but from one medium to the another the artistic eye tends to stay the same. Artists have the ability to see what is not created yet, but what will be created soon.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Peloton

underdog

Manufacturer

SM summed up pretty much perfectly.. experience (well plus a bit of random luck lol). ;)

I've been woodworking for enough years to have a good idea of what something might look like once finished though occasionally I will get a wood I've never seen or worked with before and then it's down to chance and luck. The biggest difficulty is trying to guess what the inside of a piece of wood might be like when all you can see is the rough, dirty, sometimes bark covered outside.. in those situations you've just got to take your chances. As I've reported here a couple times sometimes that doesn't work out well like the recent case of the Sumac I got in.. not at all what I'd hoped when I bought it. Part of the cost of doing business in woodworking though and part of the enjoyment too oddly enough, it's like treasure hunting sometimes.

Alright, time for some more wood pictures, weeeeee!

Here's some boring looking thick stock, all good stuff though: Red Oak, Maple, Mahogany
OakMapMah.JPG

Got a surprise delivery today and immediately started laughing. I work with a sawyer in Puerto Rico for some exotic woods they harvest there (sustainably) and told her (yeah a she-sawyer!) that I needed this Blue Mahoe and quick. Guess the postage printer was broke at the post office (classic Caribbean island living lol) so she had to get resourceful knowing I was in a hurry.. so.. 108 stamps later problem solved! :lmao::rofl::dog:
BlueMahoeBox1.JPG

Same box opened up to display the treasure!
BlueMahoeBox2.JPG

Treasured Blue Mahoe laid out for inspection and labeling, glorious! Enough for 50-60 UDs so it should keep me busy for a few weeks at least.
BlueMahoeSorted.JPG

Alright show and tell is over for now.. back to work.. :peace:

Top Bottom